SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I was able to pre-order the UK version before it sold out. Will cancel if I can score a NA version as I actually prefer that one, Im in the minority I know lol

Preordered my SNES UK for me. Now just need to get two or three US ones for my non CAG friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to pre-order the UK version before it sold out. Will cancel if I can score a NA version as I actually prefer that one, Im in the minority I know lol
i dont think your in the minority here atleast. more like no one here wants to chance not getting one at all and so everyone in us is ordering from uk haha

Well the Amazon UK order was kinda weird anyway since it was from Amazon S.A.R.L which is based in their warehouse in Luxemborg....

Hey but who knows, I might or might not get it.

Germany
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/879727634539618304

Edit: shadow beat me to it.

re: Amazon UK shipping options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072981

Scroll down to "United States of America (all 50 states)"

You can see that all three options have the possibility of being offered, depending on the item listing.   It would appear that the SNES mini qualified for the cheapest shipping option based upon the way they categorized the listing. 

Grumpier is spouting off misinformation. He doesn't know that for a fact. It was able to be ordered to the US with standard shipping. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it until proven otherwise.

I've never had something not ship from International Amazon when picking the cheapest shipping option. That's why it asks you for your address first.
I wasn't spreading misinformation. I stated that I know that ships from there with global from past history. If you look above I stated I don't know if standard works. I'm not sure what you are going on about.

Bah. Guessing the US is going to go dead last. I'm so ready for staying awake and refreshing constantly to be over. God I wish Nintendo would just take all the preorders they can get and gauge stock based on the preorders. As opposed to making a handful of units and acting like they had no idea what demand was like.

You prefer the US design?

attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 3.23.09 PM.png
i prefer the US version as well. This goes for all systems, in general.

I changed my shipping as well and so did a couple of my buddies.  Yea I probably could have gotten away with the standard, but just to be safe, I did it.

I changed my shipping as well and so did a couple of my buddies. Yea I probably could have gotten away with the standard, but just to be safe, I did it.
Same here. Not bad considering its shipping internationally and still getting it for around $86.

I have a strong feeling USA orders won't go up for quite some time. Really don't want to keep checking every day for the next two months

FWIW - I import a lot of games from Amazon UK and from my experience, the flag on the item page saying that the item doesn't ship to the US is often times incorrect.  It shows up a TON on pre-order items especially.  

I have never once had an item cancelled that said this.  If the item is truly designated as unable to be shipped to the US in their system, the checkout process won't let you proceed.

Grumpier is spouting off misinformation. He doesn't know that for a fact. It was able to be ordered to the US with standard shipping. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it until proven otherwise.

I've never had something not ship from International Amazon when picking the cheapest shipping option. That's why it asks you for your address first.
Ok now I'm confused. I'll email amazon of U.K. and if/when they respond I'll post it here,

I do have a prime account and amazon business account and neither were options because UK

https://twitter.com/NinMobileNews/status/879730637154004992

Who the hell wants a Switch!?!?  That was last week.  We've moved on to the new shiney now! :lol:

https://twitter.com/NinMobileNews/status/879730637154004992

Who the hell wants a Switch!?!? That was last week. We've moved on to the new shiney now! :lol:
The 'new' shine now that is a fraction of the cost with 10 times more games than the Switch. :)

My wife was dealing with OSHA when I tried to call, but you know, this is more important. Pre-order from the German site (shipped to her sister in Germany) is done. Thanks for posting!

Amazon.de was letting me through this time but right when I clicked place order they ran out.  So much for a backup.

Got my pre-order on Amazon UK. Just a heads up: if you ordered there you might want to choose global shipping to avoid a possible cancelation.

Sorry if that's already been posted, but I've seen some folks have their orders canceled and apparently they chose standard shipping.

bread's done
Back