SNES Classic Discussion Thread

source.gif

Sorry for the delay on the remaining invites to my Discord group.  I just sent em out to fellow experienced CAG's.  If you still want in and meet the criteria send me a PM.  Thanks!

(just for my group...)

-No Chit Chat (zero tolerance, this is serious folks)

-USA Links only (or notification that a retailer is live is acceptable, since I understand ordering is your 1st priority!)

-Requests to join must come from experienced CAG's (stop sending me requests with an account opened today...)

-Send me a direct PM if you want to join

-If you insist the Classic NES was never available for pre-order...please don't request an invite (haha, this is a joke...or is it?)

Thank you fellow CAG's!  To the best of luck to all of us (except the negative nancy naysayers!!!)

Got my pre-order on Amazon UK. Just a heads up: if you ordered there you might want to choose global shipping to avoid a possible cancelation.

Sorry if that's already been posted, but I've seen some folks have their orders canceled and apparently they chose standard shipping.
I had picked standard shipping at the time.
From what I can tell in the Reddit's Amiibo post Global cost more and you get tracking with it.

But I wouldn't know since this is first time shipping from UK.
I would hate to go back and change anything and get my order cancel at this point.

Come on now! We all know that CNN is Fake News!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36NaA08_gU
56bjmC3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had picked standard shipping at the time.
From what I can tell in the Reddit's Amiibo post Global cost more and you get tracking with it.

But I wouldn't know since this is first time shipping from UK.
I would hate to go back and change anything and get my order cancel at this point.
I switched from standard to global and got immediate confirmation it was successful, but I hear you. Hopefully no orders get canceled.

Just placed an order for one on amazon.de, so how are you guys going to hook this up to the wall outlet in the U.S.?  I hope it ships but I will try to get a U.S. one if I can.  If I am able to secure a U.S. one I'll probably just cancel this order.  Thanks for help guys.

I've gotten stuff fine with the regular option from both amazon.uk & .de, but this round I went with global just for the tracking.

Just placed an order for one on amazon.de, so how are you guys going to hook this up to the wall outlet in the U.S.? I hope it ships but I will try to get a U.S. one if I can. If I am able to secure a U.S. one I'll probably just cancel this order. Thanks for help guys.
It doesn't come with a outlet plug. So that problem is already solved.

Just placed an order for one on amazon.de, so how are you guys going to hook this up to the wall outlet in the U.S.? I hope it ships but I will try to get a U.S. one if I can. If I am able to secure a U.S. one I'll probably just cancel this order. Thanks for help guys.
Does not come with an AC adapter so I will probably just use one from nes classic edition or buy an extra USB cable on Amazon.

I want the USA SNES, and the controllers from Europe.  Knowing Nintendo tracking down one of each will only cost be 8 months of my life and $3400.

Man, don't get me wrong, I want the SNES Classic REALLY bad too, but the level some people are taking it to on here is almost psychotic.

Updated my shipping to global because you people are making me extremely paranoid.
Should be fine as standard, the only real difference I've seen when comparing it to other people is the month delay shipping date.

OLSI11f.png

I've gotten stuff fine with the regular option from both amazon.uk & .de, but this round I went with global just for the tracking.
I might go global just for the tracking too, it's a bigger item and I'd rather get tracking on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, don't get me wrong, I want the SNES Classic REALLY bad too, but the level some people are taking it to on here is almost psychotic.
The way Nintendo handled the NES classic? I don't find it surpising at all.

Especially when you consider that the SNES classic will be in even HIGHER demand.

I cancelled my uk order from yesterday and went with the cheaper one today. I know its a risk but i really don't want the uk one. To me the whole point of this is nostalgia so going with another countries version just doesn't make sense to me. Will prob cancel it even if i cant get a us one.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth paying $110 for the international version
Just order it now, they wont charge you until it gets shipped anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

I ordered the German Amazon version of the Snes mini, the order went through, that's my back up in case I can't ever get the USA version. I'd happily spend an extra $20 vs's spending scalper prices on eBay.

The games on the UK consoles, as well as every other country besides Japan, are in English.  Console will work on US Televisions as well.

Also, expect this thing to be hacked anyways a week after it hits.

As it might be worth noting, I forgot to mention that the amazon.de only offered me global or express shipping this time around, no standard.

Hi there was some concern about amazon uks ship methods. Just go with standard, that was the response I got from amazon uks customer service rep

Amazon UK said:
My name is Laura and I will be taking care of your query today. I understand from your email that you would like to know about the shipping method for your order as you are eager to receive it.

I've checked and can see that you have selected Standard which means this will be shipped to you via Air Mail. You can upgrade the shipping to Priority or Expedited if you wish to receive this item quicker once it is released.

This item is planned to ship on Thursday, 28th September 2017 with an Estimated Delivery Date between Thursday, 5th October 2017 - Tuesday, 10th October 2017.

I've checked and being completely honest, changing the shipping method on this order will not make a huge difference to the Estimated Delivery Date - it may arrive a day earlier or else it will be delivered within the same time frame. Therefore, you are probably best leaving it as it is.

Further to this, if you would like to leave feedback about the service offered to you today, you can do so by using one of the two links below.

​I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a lovely day.
Did I solve your problem?
Yes No

Warmest regards,
Laura M

Missed the UK one by a few minutes, but was able to preorder on amazon.de. Like a lot of people here, I'll probably cancel if I can snag a US version.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth paying $110 for the international version
It's probably not, but get an order in just in case you miss the US version. Worst case scenario is you cancel it later and it's good to have the option at least. Managed to get in on the amazon.de and I'm happy enough for now.

have you not seen the prices for the nes classic right now? worst case you cancel your order/return/sell at what you paid easily.
I was going to ask about this. Play Asia has the famicom classic for 100 dollars. Is that a decent buy? It is the first party Nintendo version just the Japan model. Good buy or no? It's ugly but has a solid selection of games

bread's done
Back