SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Well, here in America we speak "American".
Damn right we do! :high five: U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

america-beer-mitt.jpg

Will any of my games work with the mini? 

Crap. I bought these other games for nothing, too. 

EDIT: I take advantage of every opportunity to showcase the best of my collection. I have zero shame in doing this. Please "Like" this post and give me the validation I seek. 

IMAG0686_zpsdtyvrmyb.jpg

Games.jpg

DB53A3B6-4A85-4A8F-BB84-D05F0164E3C4_zpssi1udnjr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer Instinct has REALLY not aged well, particularly the SNES version. You can play the arcade version on XBox One, and even the arcade feels very rough now, particularly compared to the ice smooth new game. Only the N64 Gold version is not that bad anymore.

TMNT and Chrono Trigger are notable absences, as is Cybernator for me (love that game). But the rest of the list is so good - there really isn't a dud among them (unlike the NES Classic), so they won't be terribly missed.
I think TMNT is absent because Nickelodeon owns the rights to them now. It certainly isn't Konami that was holding it back, seeing as how Castlevania IV and Contra III are both present in the lineup.

I think the joke is the subtle difference in grammar, spelling and certain words.

American English:

"The truck swerved into the center of the road, and the hitch behind it slammed into it, busting the hood"

Queens English:

"The lorry swerved into the centre of the lane, and the cab behind it slammed into it, busting the bonnet"*

*It's been a while since I lived in England, but hopefully this is still close to a possible translation difference.

I suspect thanks to licensing costs we were never going to get every great SNES game. There were just too many. I'd have loved to see Crono, Illusion of Gaia, Actraiser, Ogre Battle, Soul Blazer, etc. Even so, they have a pretty darn good collection of some of the can't miss games.

Crap. I bought these other games for nothing, too.

EDIT: I take advantage of every opportunity to showcase the best of my collection. I have zero shame in doing this. Please "Like" this post and give me the validation I seek.

IMAG0686_zpsdtyvrmyb.jpg

Games.jpg

While I was never able to get Ogre Battle on SNES (I really should have "lost" the cart from Hollywood Video all those years ago), I do have a rare complete PS1 version. One reason I'm interested in an SNESC is because it ran like shit on the NESC (lots of slowdown whenever units were on the move), so hopefully with a little more horsepower it will run great on a hacked one.

[Turns hat backwards, puts on tough guy look]

I don't want to see one more goddamn post in this thread (including this one), unless it's a live pre-order link or official confirmation of a pre-order time!

I suspect thanks to licensing costs we were never going to get every great SNES game. There were just too many. I'd have loved to see Crono, Illusion of Gaia, Actraiser, Ogre Battle, Soul Blazer, etc. Even so, they have a pretty darn good collection of some of the can't miss games.
Frankly, I'm stoked about Secret of Mana, FF3, Super Metroid, Mario, Mario Kart, SF 2 ... That is an incredible lineup right there.

While I was never able to get Ogre Battle on SNES, I do have a rare complete PS1 version. One reason I'm interested in an SNESC is because it ran like shit on the NESC (lots of slowdown whenever units were on the move), so hopefully with a little more horsepower it will run great on a hacked one.
I debated for a long time if I wanted the SNES or PS1 version.

In the end, I opted for the cart. SNES is my favorite system and discs scare me. Although, I have a pretty fly PS1 collection, too. (see trade list in signature)

I think TMNT is absent because Nickelodeon owns the rights to them now. It certainly isn't Konami that was holding it back, seeing as how Castlevania IV and Contra III are both present in the lineup.
I am certain that is the case. That license has hopped around quite a bit, including a Ubisoft remake of the arcade version that is now delisted on XBox Live from the last time it hopped publishers to Activision.

With some games, due to the web of licensing and multiple companies involved, they will always be relegated to emulation or original hardware if you want to play them at all.

No, I mean does the Mini Snes we pre-ordered from UK allow us to select English language to use?
It is the EU version, which is the PAL region. English is one of the default languages so you are fine. The reason this is so funny is because UK= United Kingdom = England = English.

Of course I have to be at work when this thing is probably going to drop today, no chance of checking my phone every 5 mins with what I do for a living.  fuck  If anyone is willing to pick up a 2nd US console.... I'd be grateful and of course willing to compensate a reasonable amount for your trouble.

Should have had Chrono Trigger, Turtles In Time, Killer Instinct & Kirby's Dream Land 3 and it would be perfect.
And Harvest Moon.

Does UK version has English language on the system? or Even ask what language you want to use? Anyone have any idea?
It'll be British English. So instead of "OK," it'll be "Just one more biscuit." And instead of "Cancel," it'll be "It's time for tea."

So, I have twitter alerts, I've been on CAG all day and created a crowdsource alert system with members from CAG with Discord. 

If I don't get one of these I will give up on trying to PO anything ever again. I mean, that would be a MONSTER fail, right? 

Crap. I bought these other games for nothing, too.

IMAG0686_zpsdtyvrmyb.jpg

Games.jpg

I raise you.

dXXCaLp.jpg

Of course I have to be at work when this thing is probably going to drop today, no chance of checking my phone every 5 mins with what I do for a living. fuck If anyone is willing to pick up a 2nd US console.... I'd be grateful and of course willing to compensate a reasonable amount for your trouble.
I dont think US will drop for awhile. I am not sure if people remember but the nes classic was announced around this time last year and preorders for target and toyrus were not till august if i am not mistaken.

I raise you.

dXXCaLp.jpg
​SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY THIS SUNDAY

SNES RARES SHOWDOWN, ONLY ON CAG

PAPER-VIEW, SHOWING THE BEST SNES GAMES IN A STEEL CAGE MATCH WHERE TWO PEOPLE WILL THROW THE BEST SNES THEY GOT AT EACH OTHER.

WITH MILLIONS OF PEOPLE NOT EVEN WATCHING THE MATCH WHILE REFRESHING AMAZON FOR SNES CLASSIC.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY THIS SUNDAY ONLY WITH MONSTER TRUCKS

Frankly, I'm stoked about Secret of Mana, FF3, Super Metroid, Mario, Mario Kart, SF 2 ... That is an incredible lineup right there.
Too bad you can't add a third player for Secret of Mana though. I actually had a 4-way back in the day and it was the only time it got use.

gd it... so funny, isnt the WHOLE ENTIRE point of PRE-ORDERING is to AVOID this stupidly insane mess?

hahaahhahahahahahahahhahahawhfgahwefgiuaywefgihaeujrgf ::please shoot me::

Don't fall for it, the second you stop refreshing to shoot him everything will come up and immediately be out of stock lol

bread's done
Back