SNES Classic Discussion Thread

What good is your old star fox game collection without the rare, first promotional stand up? lol I kid I kid, but I would sell it tho. Maybe lol.
The stand up is nice but that "The Shadow" toy is what caught my eye. XD

I have that one but not in a box anymore. Just saw him recently too.

For the sake of workplace productivity this thing has to go up soon! I can't take it
Workplace productivity will be down for weeks. Even if this thing goes live right now, there will be days worth of rage posting that 99.99% of us missed the 30 second window it was available. The other 0.01% will be postig messages of sympathy (and some gloating). Then we will settle into a period of desperate hope that some other retailer will go live, and we will begin to F5 on any site that even remotely may sell this. It may be a while before workplace productivity returns to normal.

Guys, Nintendo just released an official statement: 

"With the upcoming SNES Classic, we have taken consumer feedback about how hard it was to get our previous release, the NES Classic, and have seen substantial requests for us to make more units of the SNES Classic available. After listening to our consumer feedback, we decided to ignore them. Instead, we have come up with an innovative new approach... instead of shipping SNES Classics to retailers for resale to our consumers, we will instead... make retailers pre-order them from us!! That's right, retailers will now have to scrounge and fight over and hit F5 on our website in order to even buy SNES Classic to sell to you! Stay tuned for more information!!" 

My hunch is retailers know this will crash their site so they will release it during non-peak hours to avoid crash. 

But their site will still crash, as we all know. 

My hunch is retailers know this will crash their site so they will release it during non-peak hours to avoid crash.

But their site will still crash, as we all know.
I honestly don't think people in charge or decisions listen to the IT guys on the ground who would advise avoiding peak times. Overwhelmingly these large corporations ignore and neglect IT.

And for the record, I do not work in IT at all.

I honestly don't think people in charge or decisions listen to the IT guys on the ground who would advise avoiding peak times. Overwhelmingly these large corporations ignore and neglect IT.

Hey man I know you work in IT and I'm having this problem where my computer makes a funny noise when I boot it up. What's going on?

No one listens to IT. Ever. :rofl:

Does Best Buy charge your card in total for pre-orders or wait until they actually ship your item?
There's an initial hold on the funds for a short time. Then your funds are released, then near release time of the product, you are charged for real before shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, another update from Nintendo: 

"To update our anxious retailers who were trying to pre-order, we have just SOLD OUT of all SNES Classics!!!! Our website crashed though and only Gamestop was able to pre-order so they got all 900 we decided to make. Yeah, we forgot to put purchase limits on orders. Haha. They said they plan to sell these bundled with leftover iPhone cords, which don't work with the SNES Classic, for $699.99." 

Gotcha. Thanks! Don't think I've ever pre-ordered anything from them before.
np. man...glad to help. They've been pretty great about everything I've pre-ordered, so I think you'll have a good experience too...when this thing goes live that is!

Noticed the SNES Classic image on BB has been re-uploaded and centered this time for desktop, lol.

Maybe a sign for 9pm? Ugh.

Edit: And the image is down again. Not that this really matters putting hope in stuff like this, but it gives my life some meaning at this point in time.

What's the point of the EU snes? Might as well buy some generic 16 bit gaming box, since that's exactly what it looks like.

Something else to try to get because odds are you won't be able to find a US one.
But why? Anything can play those games, so isn't the point to have a mini little nostalgia box? I grew up with the NA version and having some generic (cheap actually) looking snes machine seems lackluster.

But why? Anything can play those games, so isn't the point to have a mini little nostalgia box? I grew up with the NA version and having some generic (cheap actually) looking snes machine seems lackluster.
I actually want the damn thing to play games so I'm fairly happy I have an EU pre-order.

The system is obviously not aimed at you... Sure, just about any device can play nes and snes games. These systems are designed to give you the feeling of being 15 again, playing with friends... if you rather just build a rom box or play on your phone, go for it.

Reggie when reached for comment regarding US Pre-orders:

nV3Y5jV.jpg

bread's done
Back