SNES Classic Discussion Thread

If we keep up the momentum I think this could be the biggest thread in CAG history by the time August rolls around. Reggie is probably reading this right now laughing at all our hopes for it to come up lol
i have some bad news. reggie doesn't care about us / this thread / additional revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was just season 6?
It's 1-6 (the Fox seasons + the "movies").

I didn't know Bob's Burgers was taken off.

I'm glad I didn't get rid of some of my old DVDs, since streaming is showing to be more and more of a crapshoot. I've been ripping my Criminal Intent DVDs cause they're not available to stream anywhere, and it's like $30 a season. F- that.

Edit: I actually forgot what thread this was.

I think I read Netflix is not renewing with bigger networks like NBC. They are removing The Office in like September or something.
If thats the case, I'm probably dumping Netflix after season 2 of stranger things. I was planning on watching 30 rock and the office again in the near future, but they've let tons of good shows off their service in the past year or two.

I think I read Netflix is not renewing with bigger networks like NBC. They are removing The Office in like September or something.
635945230236948033-1293350983_overwhelmed.jpg

If we keep up the momentum I think this could be the biggest thread in CAG history by the time August rolls around. Reggie is probably reading this right now laughing at all our hopes for it to come up lol
Do you really think the head of a major corporation really has the time or inclination to care about a relatively small gaming forum on the internet? Seriously?

Oh I'd guess maybe one of their assistants is maybe a cheapass or whatever

If you're a CEO you probably don't have time for forums like this

Do you really think the head of a major corporation really has the time or inclination to care about a relatively small gaming forum on the internet? Seriously?
Definitely. The SNES Classic is going to be so rare he's probably in here camping the thread so he doesn't miss preorders like the rest of us!

No. But when he's pooping, he's definitely checking this thread. That way he can enjoy it in privacy. Perfecto.

It's 1-6 (the Fox seasons + the "movies").

I didn't know Bob's Burgers was taken off.

I'm glad I didn't get rid of some of my old DVDs, since streaming is showing to be more and more of a crapshoot. I've been ripping my Criminal Intent DVDs cause they're not available to stream anywhere, and it's like $30 a season. F- that.

Edit: I actually forgot what thread this was.
Ugh that's depressing, TV Guide lied to me

http://www.tvguide.com/news/whats-leaving-netflix-in-july-2017/

Bored? take this SNES quiz:

1. What SNES game helped push the ESRB to be formed because of violence, blood and gore? (even though this was censored on SNES)

A. Grand Theft Auto
B. Mortal Kombat
C. Killer Instinct
D. Mario Kart
E. Doom

2. What is the first SNES game to get an official rating by the ESRB?

A. SimCity
B. F-Zero
C. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
D. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
E. Final Fantasy III

3. What game from the SNES Classic, is also soon to be available, on the XB1 and PS4?

A. Super Punch-Out
B. Donkey Kong Country
C. Super Metroid
D. Street Fighter(r) II Turbo
E. Mega Man(r) X

4. What Video Game system was born when Nintendo left a certain hardware manufacturer, and instead partnered with Phillips in pursuit of a CD based console (Phillips CDi)?

A. XBOX
B. Playstation
C. Dreamcast
D. Neo Geo Pocket
E. GameBoy

5. At what price did the Super Nintendo launch in the USA for? (inflation value today)

A. $99  ($189.55)
B. $129 ($246.98)
C. $149 ($285.28)
D. $199 ($381.01)
E. $399 ($763.93)

6. Approximately how many SNES games were released in North America (in retail with the Nintendo seal)?

A. 299 or less
B. 300-399
C. 400-499
D. 500-599
E. 600 or more

7. Which one of these, is NOT a peripheral for the SNES?

A. Fighter Stick
B. Super Scope
C. Power Glove
D. SNES Mouse
E. Batter Up Controller

8. What original GameBoy Game had a whole 8 different colors, all displayed at the same time, when played on the Super GameBoy?

A. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
B. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
C. Dr. Mario
D. Donkey Kong
E. Tetris

I'll post the answers in an hour or 2. (should help you guys kill some time.)

Please post your answers in a spoiler. Have fun :bouncy:

PS. some of these questions could be googled, but try to guess before checking online.

I work in the TV industry negotiating content licensing deals. The big network groups (Fox, ABC/Disney, NBC) have shifted their strategy away from Netflix and are opting instead to license their back catalogs to their traditional cable/satellite/telco distributors. They make the lion's share of their revenue from the combination of licensing fees and ad dollars generated by distribution via their linear distributors and they've realized that by continually licensing their back catalogs to Netflix they are promoting cord cutting/shaving, effectively putting their revenue cash cow at risk.

This has been going on for a couple years now and Netflix has responded by refocusing their content budget on original content.

I'm not going through 1,700 replies, but did Target do preorders online for the NES Classic?
EDIT: They have not started preorderes online to my knowledge.

I was told today that Target will NOT be taking in store preorders, and that they will only be preordered online. Everyone else will just have to camp outside the morning of Sept 27th.

EDIT: They have not started preorderes online to my knowledge.

I was told today that Target will NOT be taking in store preorders, and that they will only be preordered online. Everyone else will just have to camp outside the morning of Sept 27th.
Buy a red shirt, jump the line 15 minutes before the store opens by pretending to be a new employee. Worth a shot

Alright I appreciate the effort so I'll display my complete lack of knowledge for the SNES as I never owned one.
1. C. Killer Instinct

2. C. Super Ghouls 'n ghosts

3. D. Street Fighter(r) II Turbo

4. B. Playstation

5. D. $199 ($381.01)

6. B. 300-399

7. E. Batter Up Controller

8. A. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
I accept PayPal and gift cards as my winning compensation 😁😃

Next time let's do wrestling trivia.

I am so desperate to preorder something after two and a half days straight of refreshing that I went ahead and preordered the Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle Collector's Edition from Gamestop.

I think I have a problem....

Bored? take this SNES quiz

PS. some of these questions could be googled, but try to guess before checking online.

1. What SNES game helped push the ESRB to be formed because of violence, blood and gore? (even though this was censored on SNES)

A. Grand Theft Auto
B. Mortal Kombat
C. Killer Instinct
D. Mario Kart
E. Doom

A. SimCity
B. F-Zero
E. Final Fantasy III

3. What game from the SNES Classic, is also soon to be available, on the XB1 and PS4?

A. Super Punch-Out
B. Donkey Kong Country
C. Super Metriod
E. Mega Man(r) X

4. What Video Game system was born when Nintendo left a certain hardware manufacturer, and instead partnered with Phillips in pursuit of a CD based console (Phillips CDi)?

A. XBOX
B. Playstation
C. Dreamcast
D. Neo Geo Pocket
E. GameBoy

5. What price did the Super Nintendo launch in the USA for? (inflation value today)

A. $99 ($189.55)
B. $129 ($246.98)
C. $149 ($285.28)
D. $199 ($381.01)
E. $399 ($763.93)

6. Approximately how many SNES games were released in North America (in retail with the Nintendo seal)?

A. 299 or less
B. 300-399
C. 400-499
D. 500-599
E. 600 or more

A. Fighter Stick
B. Super Scope
C. Power Glove
D. SNES Mouse
E. Batter Up Controller

8. What original GameBoy Game had a whole 8 different colors, all displayed at the same time, when played on the Super GameBoy?

B. Metriod 2: Return of Samus
C. Dr. Mario
D. Donkey Kong
E. Tetris
B, E, E, B, D, E, C, E

B. Mortal Kombat

C. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts?

3. What game from the SNES Classic, is also soon to be available, on the XB1 and PS4
E. Mega Man(r) X

B. Playstation

5. At what price did the Super Nintendo launch in the USA for? (inflation value today)

D. $199 ($381.01)

E. 600 or more

C. Power Glove

But they might have got a super power glove?

8. What original GameBoy Game had a whole 8 different colors, all displayed at the same time, when played on the Super GameBoy
C. Dr. Mario

I'm probably wrong about half of them

I am so desperate to preorder something after two and a half days straight of refreshing that I went ahead and preordered the Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle Collector's Edition from Gamestop.

I think I have a problem....
I actually like the statue it comes with, but I can't justify the extra $30 right now.

A. Grand Theft Auto
B. Mortal Kombat
C. Killer Instinct
D. Mario Kart
E. Doom

A. SimCity
B. F-Zero
E. Final Fantasy III

A. Super Punch-Out
B. Donkey Kong Country
C. Super Metroid
E. Mega Man(r) X

A. XBOX
B. Playstation
C. Dreamcast
D. Neo Geo Pocket
E. GameBoy

A. $99 ($189.55)
B. $129 ($246.98)
C. $149 ($285.28)
D. $199 ($381.01)
E. $399 ($763.93)

A. 299 or less
B. 300-399
C. 400-499
D. 500-599
E. 600 or more

A. Fighter Stick
B. Super Scope
C. Power Glove
D. SNES Mouse
E. Batter Up Controller

B. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
C. Dr. Mario
D. Donkey Kong
E. Tetris

1. B

2. D

3. D

4. B

5. D

6. D (I think and may be wrong)

7. C

8. B thanks to sprites using a different pallet than backgrounds.

No cheating from me. Here's hoping I got some right!

I bought the The Office Complete Series for $40 on Amazon in anticipation for it leaving Netflix one day. Thankfully Netflix debunked the rumor that it was leaving; it is here to stay...for now.

On topic: can't wait for SNES Classic.

bread's done
Back