SNES Classic Discussion Thread

How about a poll where you get to take ONE game included off the system and add ONE of your choice? 

For me, I'd get rid of Kirby's Dream Course and add Illusion of Gaia. 

How about a poll where you get to take ONE game included off the system and add ONE of your choice?

Get rid of Super Mario Kart and add Chrono Trigger.

Really going against the grain here, I know.

Also, I made the mistake of looking at the full game list, and got super excited and then sad because I live in fear that the UK orders will be cancelled :whee:

Remove Kirby, add Chrono Trigger. Seriously, why isn't Chrono Trigger on here?

First game I'll play: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Game I'll remove: StarFox 2

Game I would replace with: Seiken Densetsu 3

(spending the bonus "unreleased points" to apply to my more desired yet unreleased game.)

Next Classic to be launched: Portable GameBoy Classic, with HDMI port for docking to TV. 40 games

Remove Kirby Dream Course, add Turtles in Time.

Playing Contra 3 first, then Secret of Mana after I murder gentlyporking.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Factor 2: This system is cheaper then the Switch by 66%"

Everyone is so sleep deprived, no one caught this?
hmm? did I do the math wrong?

The switch retails at $299.99 correct? that's ~$300

And then 1/3 of the price is $100

so the discount vs the price of the switch is a rounded 66% lower price.

The SNES Classic is 26.6%, the price of the Nintendo Switch. So round that down to about a 75% cheaper.

The SNES Classic is 26.6%, the price of the Nintendo Switch. So round that down to about a 75% cheaper.
I'm so confused.

Depends on what kind of math you want to use.

I'm so confused.
The context was a list of reasons why this thread beat out the NSwitch thread, since someone commented on this being odd. My 2nd point was that this, The SNES Classic, in theory will be cheaper to purchase then the NSwitch. This would allow more people to potentially meet the price requirement to purchase the system. essentially the SNES classic only costs 1/4 of the NSwitch (in NA). This would allow more people to get hyped and flood this thread based solely on the cheaper price.

Well I just hope they are releasing more than you guys think. Someone from Ninty said that there were releasing more of these in the uk than for the entire world with the NES classic. Hopefully thats true for the U.S. too

The context was a list of reasons why this thread beat out the NSwitch thread, since someone commented on this being odd. My 2nd point was that this, The SNES Classic, in theory will be cheaper to purchase then the NSwitch. This would allow more people to potentially meet the price requirement to purchase the system. essentially the SNES classic only costs 1/4 of the NSwitch (in NA). This would allow more people to get hyped and flood this thread based solely on the cheaper price.
I know, I just don't know how you're using both 33/66% and 26.6%. One's ~1/3 and one's ~1/4.

I don't understand why you all more upset with the fact there is 21 vs 30 games. They could easily added 9 more games and kept the bonus Star Fox 2.

People are out of their mind if they would replace Secret of Mana before Kirby's Dream Course.
That's just what happens when you are this sleep deprived from refreshing the intenet for four days straight to get one of these blasted things.

I don't understand why you all more upset with the fact there is 21 vs 30 games. They could easily added 9 more games and kept the bonus Star Fox 2.
Obviously more games would be preferable, but a significant number of NES Classic games were pretty lousy. Balloon Fight? Dr. Mario? Ice Climber? Castlevania II?

Pretty much every title on the SNES is a slam dunk.

Agree. Kirbys dream course is without a doubt the worst game on the list. i would replace it with Chrono with my second replacement being TMNT turtles in time.
Adding a few more games to make it closer to 30 i would add Lufia 2, Zombies ate my neighbors, Actraiser, DK2. But all this won't matter if it sells out before i get one since it WILL go on sale while I'm nut paying attention just like the UK preorders.

Well I just hope they are releasing more than you guys think. Someone from Ninty said that there were releasing more of these in the uk than for the entire world with the NES classic. Hopefully thats true for the U.S. too
There will never be enough of these things. It will be the same result as last time. Nintendo will make twice as many SNES classics, and people will hoard twice as many of them.

It doesn't help that just under $100 is the perfect price point for an attractive flip either. They don't cost much, and will have a guaranteed return. At this point you just have to hope that resellers buy so many of these things that they all continue to undercut each other to the < $120 range where they aren't making money anymore. It's guaranteed to be worth money until later shipments when Ebay becomes flooded. Then you might start seeing returns.

It's inevitable when you have a high-demand product with a price as cheap as $60 or $80. It's zero risk and people can, and will, hold on to them for years if they don't like the current selling market.

I have one, but not for sale; sorry!
I guess the part where I asked "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller for sale lol?" was misinterpreted by you as "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller? If so, would you be willing to sell it?".

I get it though. Reading is tough these days.

I have a $1.27 transaction pending from Amazon.uk I am hoping this is good news in some way. I went in and changed my delivery method to Amazon Global, a little more expensive but well worth it if they actually ship to me. 

Still waiting on the US preorders. I missed out with the NES Classic, the only way I was able to get one was my sister worked Walmart and took her break when she saw they had a shipment and bought it for me. 

I have a $1.27 transaction pending from Amazon.uk I am hoping this is good news in some way. I went in and changed my delivery method to Amazon Global, a little more expensive but well worth it if they actually ship to me.

Still waiting on the US preorders. I missed out with the NES Classic, the only way I was able to get one was my sister worked Walmart and took her break when she saw they had a shipment and bought it for me.
The 1.27 is basically a hold to make sure it's a valid card. Doesn't mean much of anything, sadly.

£1 = $1.27 the day you ordered most likely. I got the same charge on mine. It's a preauthorizatuon to validate its an active card. Just like gas shows as a $1 here at a lot of gas stations.

I'd drop Super Punch Out and put in Turtles in Time.  But the original, not the screwed up version that showed up on the 360.

Also be wiling to drop Kirby's Dream course, and add in Secret of Evermore or Illusion of Gaia.

Gah, the SNES had so many great games, it's so hard to choose.

Edit: after reviewing, I have to agree, Kirby's Dream Course is... ignorable.  Would definitely drop that before Punch out, but would likely drop both pretty quickly given the chance.

I guess the part where I asked "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller for sale lol?" was misinterpreted by you as "Anyone have an official NES Classic extra controller? If so, would you be willing to sell it?".
I get it though. Reading is tough these days.
Says the asshole without an extra NES Classic controller.

I know, I just don't know how you're using both 33/66% and 26.6%. One's ~1/3 and one's ~1/4.
Oh, sorry for being unclear. 33/66% was my rough "no calculator estimate".

613627066988129cfe8e0ad57bd5e0c0f9d3b71a_original.jpg

Let's look at this chart. I was referencing both the subtracted distance (blue 75% in example) of the cost of the Switch and the added distance (purple 25%). The total cost of the Switch is 100%, the cost of the SNES classic to the Switch is calculated out to 26.6%. Then to figure out how much the price has been reduced from the compared Switch to the cost of the SNES C... you take the 100% and subtract 26.6% and get the remaining percent result of 73.4%.

So in conclusion, the SNES Classic is 26.6% the cost of a Nintendo Switch.

(or written another way; the SNES is like a 73.4% cheaper product then the Nintendo Switch)

The confusion came when I did not fully state why I was quoting both sides of the percentage. (and that I was rounding the value to 33% (1/3), instead of 25%(1/4))

This seems like a correct use of Steiner math to me.
Now that I have explained all of that to you, you must join the cause. PDJ I dub thee assistant #9 "Tinyhelm", It is the will of Steins Gate!!

Can we all agree Chrono Trigger should be on this thing? Come on, guys, let's get together on one thing at least!
Agreed, but if you think about it, SE probably has plans for Chrono Trigger or the universe in the future. FFVI has been bled dry for the most part, same with Mana. They are easy to give up.

Looks like we might get another Chrono game or remake in the next few years.

Can we all agree Chrono Trigger should be on this thing? Come on, guys, let's get together on one thing at least!
Final Fantasy III is a better game than Chrono Trigger. I'd rather have Illusion of Gaia or it's sequel, that was never released in the US, Terranigma.

Chrono Trigger, Actraiser, and Turtles in Time should have been a must. But oh well. Its Nintendo they don't exactly ever give what fans actually want.

The lack of TMNT: Turtles in Time, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Mortal Kombat II, World Heroes, Fatal Fury, NBA Jam: Tournament Edition, and (the rare) Super Mario All-Stars + World, is really disheartening :/. Also titles like Monopoly, Aladdin, Earthworm Jim, WWF Raw, WWF Royal Rumble, WWF Wrestlemania, Rushing Beat, Super R-Type, etc. I mean, I get the struggles with licensing issues, but I wish they had tried to work with license holders to include these, and just jack up the price. Even if it meant 2-3 times the price. It would have been worth it.

I like Kirby's Dream Course.  Mini-Golf games are nice.  Hacking will bring the missing others, most likely.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was seminal, and probably has a place on it. I wish they had bumped the cost up to $99 and included a few more games:

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Evermore

Illusion of Gaia

Turtles in Time

...I don't know, maybe DKC2 or Soul Blazer as well? There are just too many good games to choose from.

For sheer quality of games, Chrono Trigger absolutely should have made the cut. Most of these games are the greatest of their generation, but Chrono Trigger is still a better game, more critically acclaimed and more beloved than over half of them.

But if I had to pick something instead of Kirbyville Dream Course or Ghouls and Ghosts, I would definitely throw in Terranigma and Turtles in Time.

bread's done
Back