SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I looked it up on FCC site. It takes 6-8 weeks or 1-2 weeks if you "fast track."

FCC has approved third party players who can fast track an approval, but you have to pay.
No real reason to fast track an item that won't be released until end of September, I'd expect USA preorders in mid august, but I'll keep checking play Asia for the Japan console and more euro consoles

So if we go by that info, then we have to really start smashing that F5 button when GameStop, target, or toys r us put it up.

Not much difference in games for each region.

Haven't played Star Fox since 64.

I think I can wait a few more weeks. Stay busy til then. Figure out how to complete aggravated assault 100% in Batman Arkham City NG+ before completing the story.

So if we go by that info, then we have to really start smashing that F5 button when GameStop, target, or toys r us put it up.
That's what I think. What I personally think I'm going to do is wait for one of them put it up for pre-order, and with all the hype thi thing has, it will be all over the place with people upset they didn't get one. So that will give you an idea of when other places will put it up for preorder. It's not like they are all going to put it up at the exact same time.

I really am curious if this will upscale the graphics. On a lazy weekend I need to pull out the SNES and the cartridges for a graphics comparison.
attachicon.gif
IMG_4961.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4963.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4964.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4965.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4970.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4969.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4968.JPG
CAN I DOWNVOTE THIS, PLEASE?

Honestly was not sure if i could post pics since those are screenshots from a hacked nes Classic. Point / question is will games look better on SNES Classic? If they are not upscaled they should look the same. Plus all of the games and then some suggested by the forum are on that console.

clearly your avatar should have purple buttons
Heh. I got that Asic controller like everyone else and man did I love it.

I'm actually surprised I'm in the so-called minority wanting the US version versus other regions. If I could, I'd take Euro controllers and pair with US console.

I'm actually surprised I'm in the so-called minority wanting the US version versus other regions. If I could, I'd take Euro controllers and pair with US console.
I think the majority of people don't give a shit and just want the damn thing.

Okay, I think I have a back up order through Amazon Italy. Shipping it to family there. 

It is surprisingly annoying to input foreign addresses  

EDIT: Although it concerns me how long it's been available for pre-order on the site. Not allowing US orders would cut down on pre-orders for sure, but it's been up for over an hour now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy) I decided to to run to one of my stores. Stopped into a TRU and found this. I thought they were extinct. This makes 3 so I will trade for a SNES if I cannot score one.[attachment=27017:IMG_4971.JPG]

I think the majority of people don't give a shit and just want the damn thing.
I actually want one of each. I always like to have a backup of whatever system I own tucked away somewhere and figure if I'm attempt doing that anyhow, may as well get the best of both worlds.

So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy) I decided to to run to one of my stores. Stopped into a TRU and found this. I thought they were extinct. This makes 3 so I will trade for a SNES if I cannot score one.
attachicon.gif
IMG_4971.JPG
I'm going to guess the employee who stashed it away in the back got fired before they could buy it themselves and they just found it recently.

So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy) I decided to to run to one of my stores. Stopped into a TRU and found this. I thought they were extinct. This makes 3 so I will trade for a SNES if I cannot score one.
attachicon.gif
IMG_4971.JPG
I still have my 3rd NES from early April (along with an extension cord for the controller), probably will trade for a SNES Classic myself (I prefer the European version).

Okay, I think I have a back up order through Amazon Italy. Shipping it to family there.

It is surprisingly annoying to input foreign addresses

EDIT: Although it concerns me how long it's been available for pre-order on the site. Not allowing US orders would cut down on pre-orders for sure, but it's been up for over an hour now.
i though amazon Italy sold out

After reading about all the scalpers (or whatever you want to refer to them as) talking about buying as many as they can buy and having others in line with them who they are paying $20 to stand in line for any limit restrictions that might be imposed I'm thinking about making a deal with the devil & simply offering them double for one right from the start. Best chance of getting one of these for under $300 I believe because it's obviously going to be more popular than the nes classic and even though there are going to be about twice as many of these things (or so they say) the hype is through the roof and no surprises this time everyone is ready to stock up on these. I doubt they will do $160 though might have to go up to $200.

Since people were able to use bot programs for buying the NES classic's online could that be beaten by changing the web site address just before preorders go live?  this way the bot's would be watching the old address and never see it.  just wondering as I'm not sure how bots work exactly

So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy)
You're welcome?

Piracy & Other Illegal Acts
You may not use CAG to make available information on the acquisition or use of pirated content, circumvention of copy protection, and software or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. Requesting or providing links or invitations to web sites which contain this information or content is not allowed. You may not use CAG to discuss, buy, sell, or trade pirated content or hardware which enables the use of pirated content.
You may not use CAG to violate local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to administrative regulations and any other regulations having the force of law.

Is the Amazon.it blocked for us orders. I'm surprised it's still up.

Edit:nm answered while typing that up.

Is the Amazon.it blocked for us orders. I'm surprised it's still up.

Edit:nm answered while typing that up.
Honestly, I'd guess it's like the French site from yesterday where it was left up even when there was no more to sell. Even with no US orders, it's been up for nearly 2 hours now I can't imagine there is such a lack of interest that they still have stock.

bread's done
Back