SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Sadly preorders would most likely be sold out by the time the thread would be restarted. So this thread must live or we'll have someone else post a SNES Classic thread every other day.

The best way to fix a topic divergence like this, is to change the topic.
Agreed. Let's talk about climate change and its impact on...

Half-Life 3

last one seemed like more of a nostalgia box than something useful...but this one i hope to get.

did gamestop do any pre-orders or launches for the nes classic? or is it just best buy, etc.?

Wouldn't it be likely the snes classic follows the same route the nes classic did? No preorders anywhere, just a "line up to get it at stores" approach? At the least, doesn't it seem like that's what Best Buy, target, Walmart, etc. would be doing?

Wouldn't it be likely the snes classic follows the same route the nes classic did? No preorders anywhere, just a "line up to get it at stores" approach? At the least, doesn't it seem like that's what Best Buy, target, Walmart, etc. would be doing?
Probably but no-one knows, won't be surprised to see forced bundles

Not the best info I have ever gotten but, manager at GameStop was telling me about how no one in this country will offer preorders since Nintendo won't allow it or would yank their stock and allocate it somewhere else. Again that doesn't mean much. I heard it from a guy!

I periodically check this thread just to make sure my page monitors didn't miss anything. When I skim the thread and see nonsense, flame wars or other idiocy, I know that they haven't. Keep up the good work, lest I have to actually really read this thread.

Preorders make no sense for a product like this because

Not the best info I have ever gotten but, manager at GameStop was telling me about how no one in this country will offer preorders since Nintendo won't allow it or would yank their stock and allocate it somewhere else. Again that doesn't mean much. I heard it from a guy!
Preorders make no sense for a popular product like this I mean why go through the hassle when they want and need to draw people into their stores because they might buy something else while looking for a SNES classic? These systems are merely for drawing attention to Nintendo I mean it's sort of like cheap advertising (possibly even profitable) & will help the future of Nintendo's virtual console just by giving folks a taste for classic nintendo games which will make them hunger for them more on virtual console. Otherwise Nintendo would make tens of millions of them to supply the demand.

Ape Escape

Croc 2

ODT: Or Die Trying

Incredible Crisis

Blood Omen

Spider: The Video Game

Countdown Vampires

Gekido

Casper

Reboot

Mission: Impossible

Small Soldiers

In Cold Blood

Tail of the Sun

Armored Core 2

Blasto

Fear Effect

Fear Effect 2

T.R.A.G.

Galerians

i think it's important to have some real stinkers in there, lest you be accused of whitewashing history

also p much everything worth playing is on PSN
Decent list, surprised to see another person know about Galerians..that game needs a remake.

I'd like to see:

Brave Fencer Musashi

Legend of Legaia

Star Wars Demolition

Ape Escape

Dino Crisis

Resident Evil 3

Syphon Filter

Crash Team Racing

Twisted Metal 2

Gex Enter The Gecko

Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Megaman Legends

NFL Blitz

Tenchu 2

FIghting Force

Nascar Rumble

Ergheiz

Destrega

I have too many oddball picks, but these were my favorite games back in the day.. would be surprised to see 20% of my list make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
manager at GameStop was telling me about how no one in this country will offer preorders since Nintendo won't allow it or would yank their stock and allocate it somewhere else
Sounds like typical GameStop employee talking out of ass/flat out lying to me. Fact is, no one knows for sure at this point.

Doesn't even make sense that N would care whether or not a particular retailer issues preorders. They are in full control of however asininely they wish to handle production; I can't see why it would matter to them what methods stores use to sell what little stock they actually get.

Sounds like typical GameStop employee talking out of ass/flat out lying to me. Fact is, no one knows for sure at this point.
I wouldn't trust a gamestop employee to change my car battery or make a cup of coffee. They are idiots and liars. So many gamestop employees lied about having NES Classics in stock to keep it for themselves. Ignore anything they tell you.

I wouldn't trust a gamestop employee to change my car battery or make a cup of coffee. They are idiots and liars. So many gamestop employees lied about having NES Classics in stock to keep it for themselves. Ignore anything they tell you.
While I don't disagree, what can you expect from employees who are subject to being penalized for selling new product as opposed to extended warranties and used stuff. I don't understand how Gamestop continues to succeed even when they screw the customers, their employees, and the publishers.

It seems like the SNES Classic will have a lot more stock than the NES Classic did. It still won't be enough to meet the demand, but I don't think it will be as hard to come to by. That being said I do think we will see pre-orders, but getting one in will be difficult. Lining up at the store hours before they open on launch day will be your best bet to get one. I did this for the NES Classic and was 17th in line at Best Buy which had 47 systems to sell. I showed up about 2 hours before open. I hope to get a pre-order in, but I already took off work as the SNES Classic is launching on my birthday so I plan to wait in line at Best Buy if I do or don't have a pre-order. I am not trying to scalp extra systems, but wouldn't mind having an extra one to trade for something I have been looking for like a TG16 console.

Having worked as an Assistant Manager at Gamestop years ago. I can tell you most employees will make shit up like this. In most cases they actually believe it because they feel they are some sort of insider since they work for Gamestop. I had to clean up numerous lies that my Store Manager would tell customers constantly. He'd make all sorts of crazy things up and claim to have played games that were literally just announced and likely not even in the Alpha phase yet. Nintendo would never pull stock on a store for taking pre-orders on their products though, that's just silly.

It makes no sense if you think about it - what's Nintendo going to do, check individual stores? It's not like they're the ones who control store distribution anyway, Gamestop is. And Nintendo isn't going to pull it from a major retailer like that for having preorders, it just doesn't make sense at all.

I walk into this thread and read some comments after my little joke, my slight jest against the country and economics and what not...

whid1.gif

It makes no sense if you think about it - what's Nintendo going to do, check individual stores? It's not like they're the ones who control store distribution anyway, Gamestop is. And Nintendo isn't going to pull it from a major retailer like that for having preorders, it just doesn't make sense at all.
Nintendo can choose to not tell stores how many they're going to get and in doing so they're able to effectively prevent stores from taking preorders. No store will take preorders without knowing their allotment.

Nintendo can choose to not tell stores how many they're going to get and in doing so they're able to effectively prevent stores from taking preorders. No store will take preorders without knowing their allotment.
Oh, absolutely - but they aren't going to pull inventory they've already promised short of literally not having enough, I wouldn't think.

Thats interesting...you would think they would want to do preorders...

Well, I have a spare NES I'm keeping to trade for a SNES now, so odds of getting one are better I guess? Had bought for my brother as a surprise but he pulled a BS stunt, so that isn't happening.

Well, I have a spare NES I'm keeping to trade for a SNES now, so odds of getting one are better I guess? Had bought for my brother as a surprise but he pulled a BS stunt, so that isn't happening.
I'll buy it from you. For real lol. I am so desperate for one it's almost pathetic.

I'll trade you one of my snes over seas one for that if it comes

Do you really think the head of a major corporation really has the time or inclination to care about a relatively small gaming forum on the internet? Seriously?
Hey guys, we're not doing preorders in North America. Look for a press release on this soon.

-Reggie

I also have a spare NES classic in case I need to trade. Also bought it for a family member, but they say they dont want it now. Thats cool.

Seriously, backstory time. He steal your girl or what?
Son was having medical procedure, told my brother he didn't need to tell people about it(mainly didn't want someone to know because they incessantly bother my wife and I for updates), so he blabbed anyway to the people about why I didnt want them to know. Seriously, he is 40 and he is that immature.

On another note, anyone see all the fake NES classics on eBay? I wonder how long it will be before someone starts selling a good knock off that look and play like the real thing. China doesn't care about copyright and trademark infringement, and they hate Japan.

B&H is VERY unreliable. Over the years I've pre-ordered Amiibo and other launch stuff from them only to be told that they couldn't fulfill the orders. They take lots of pre-orders not know how many of an item, if at all, they will receive. Massive YMMV on them.

I ordered from B&H before.  They came late and don't expect them to nicely protect whatever you ordered.  I have a couple of squashed boxes from amiibos.

bread's done
Back