SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I paid with paypal do but no charges shows do they just charge when they ship? How do i see pending charges in paypal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it's gone now. I got to the PayPal page this time, but it emptied my cart right after  :bs:

So close! Checking this godawful thread every few minutes almost paid off! Stupid phone number!!

A loser who will have a pocket full of cash when the SNES classic comes out. Is anyone who actually wants one of these going to have a chance in hell of getting one at retail price? It's not looking too promising from what I've been seeing.
That's reason enough for me to put his ass on the unemployment roles. Scumbags don't deserve decent work when good people are struggling for that same job.

This has NOTHING to do with the FCC and everything to do with the Composite Panel Association: Wood Fiber Coalition.

Big Wood is claiming discrimination on Nintendo for excluding it from its Mini console.
4838652755_3432bf2177.jpg

I've had the UK version in my cart several times since it was announced, and each time I just can't pull the trigger. The SNES/Super Famicom is probably my favorite console of all time, but I honestly just can't see using this thing ever. I have so many ways to play all those titles, and while the SNES pads are amazing, having them wired is also a negative for me.

After the NES Mini, my son really hasn't shown much interest in the SNES model, so hopefully I don't really need to bother for the US or an import at this point, as I think his main sights are set on getting the NS. I still may grab the UK model if it happens to show up, and I've got funds burning a hole in my pocket, but for now, I'll just wait and see how this plays out.

I went ahead and bought Super Metroid And Alttp a week ago for 4 bucks each. I don't regret it. Those games are fun. As far the SNES classic, I can't explain why I want it. I have my original SNES that works properly and more than half of the original SNES games. Can someone with a similar situation explain why I just want the SNES classic? I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

I went ahead and bought Super Metroid And Alttp a week ago for 4 bucks each. I don't regret it. Those games are fun. As far the SNES classic, I can't explain why I want it. I have my original SNES that works properly and more than half of the original SNES games. Can someone with a similar situation explain why I just want the SNES classic? I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
Star Fox 2, duh

Because it's sexy AF?

I still have all my old consoles. My SNES is hooked up on the bar in my basement at all times. It's right next to my little bartop arcade that I built. I'll also be building a cocktail cabinet in the near future.

Point being- it's friggin cool, sexy, and awesome. It needs a good home!

Better to buy one now as opposed to regret and wonder why you didn't when you had the chance.

I already have a SNES and half the games on the classic so the only real reason to pick it up is Star Fox 2 and is that really worth it? You know they will release it on the switch virtual console eventually.

I already have a SNES and half the games on the classic so the only real reason to pick it up is Star Fox 2 and is that really worth it? You know they will release it on the switch virtual console eventually.
You're equating Nintendo with logic and functioning like other companies. Let that sink in a bit,,,

This has NOTHING to do with the FCC and everything to do with the Composite Panel Association: Wood Fiber Coalition.

Big Wood is claiming discrimination on Nintendo for excluding it from its Mini console.
Oh the days when woodgrain on consoles (other than mods) was a thing. The Atari 2600 has that faux woodgrain strip on the front that really made you think "rustic cabin", which is totally what electronic manufacturers want you to think concerning their tech.

No, not really if the package itself doesn't appeal to you. Unless whatever improvements they made between the late betas that are out there and the final game are game changing. It just isn't very fun in the form that people can play at the moment, more of a novelty. It's very similar (but more primitive) to Starfox Command on the DS.

And also saving money for an original $200 copy of Earthbound...duh

(well unless you use roms)

I'm keeping all of these special editions boxed. Nintendo stuff years down the line can grow to definitely be worth quite a bit of money sealed, so who knows? Worst case I pass it down to the kids who then hopefully share it with their kids and so on, just like I have done with all of my old original consoles (Coleco, Atari, etc).

CNN just reported that there's definite collusion with the White House and Russia. Apparently, there's secret recordings of Trump saying he wants a SNES to play co-op with his BFF Putin.
The real reason we're not getting preorders is because they're building a wall with it.

By that logic, they could have released Star Fox 2 on the Wii. Or 3DS. Or Wii U.

If you are still looking for the NES Classic, don't give up. A friend of mine called and had his the store look it up. They said the Rockford, IL ToysRUs still has some in Stock as of 2 minutes ago.

If you want to call, the store can look it up by sku. The sku is: 099263

I'm keeping all of these special editions boxed. Nintendo stuff years down the line can grow to definitely be worth quite a bit of money sealed, so who knows? Worst case I pass it down to the kids who then hopefully share it with their kids and so on, just like I have done with all of my old original consoles (Coleco, Atari, etc).
I used to think like this, until I realized things are much different now. Nintendo was such a game changer in entertainment when I was a kid, that nostalgia plays such a major part in value. I personally sold almost all my special edition stuff except the extremely limited stuff I bought for me to use. If I'm looking for an investment, I think there are safer bets out there.

Correction: Paying for the wall by flipping them. The wall would be gone in a day if it was made from them.
They're selling it to Mexico, so Mexico really is paying for the wall.

If I'm looking for an investment, I think there are safer bets out there.
Even if it isn't safer, it's easier to put money in an index fund than to sell 500 games.

If you are still looking for the NES Classic, don't give up. A friend of mine called and had his the store look it up. They said the Rockford, IL ToysRUs still has some in Stock as of 2 minutes ago.

Keeping hope alive. Thank you for this light in the dark

Found one 4 hours away from me, problem? 4 Hours away. seeing if could ship to my home or not now by phone order.

Edit:
Apparently when they looked it up the store showed they have a shipment case of NES classics.

I'm too far to go check it out myself otherwise I would had went.

The employee said they would need time to check out the stock room for themselves.

I'm going on vacation at the end of the month so I'm going to check out some of the Toys R Us on the way

Dealt with a total asshole at TRU today.  Don't scoff at me and tell me "we haven't had any of those in months" and "there's no way we'll be getting more of those in-stock".  I just asked if he had any, or had gotten some previously.  I informed him that dozens of stores were getting / have gotten them. He decided it would be a good idea to keep arguing about it and tell me "sorry that you're angry" and "I already told you on the phone earlier", neither of which were true.  So I proceeded to ruin his day while people looked on in disbelief as this giant man decided there was an angry argument happening. 

Dealt with a total asshole at TRU today. Don't scoff at me and tell me "we haven't had any of those in months" and "there's no way we'll be getting more of those in-stock". I just asked if he had any, or had gotten some previously. I informed him that dozens of stores were getting / have gotten them. He decided it would be a good idea to keep arguing about it and tell me "sorry that you're angry" and "I already told you on the phone earlier", neither of which were true. So I proceeded to ruin his day while people looked on in disbelief as this giant man decided there was an angry argument happening.
Well at least he didn't admit to being a scalper like the TRU employee I dealt with yesterday. I'm telling you it really doesn't matter where you go. Gamestop, TRU, Walmart, Target. Like 98% of the employees are all aholes who lie. Just wait till the SNES mini gets released, its going to get worse.

This is why I am trying to pre-order at least one SNES mini from the USA, so I won't have to deal with the BS.

Seriously. I just want to get one, hopefully MSRP, and be done with it. I won't be feeding the scalping machine. I didn't really begin gaming until the ps1 generation, so there's a ton of content on here I want to play. I think the only 2 games I've played are FF3/6, and Mario kart. Excited to try the other RPG's especially, and super Mario world

I had a long conversation with one of my local Gamestop managers today about the snes classic. She said GS wasn't getting any preorders, but nintendo assured them there would be "plenty" of stock. She didn't seem confident that they would really have much more than the NES classic. She ranted for about 20 minutea about how much she hated Nintendo for creating these shortage/demabd situations. She told me that her GS was doing a midnight release for it, as well. I don't know if she is an accurate source, but I hope they actually do a midnight launch.

Shout out to the TRU employee in Springfield Missouri who was a total dickhead to the employee who was nice enough to call them about the NES classic they showed in stock in SIS or whatever. 

I'm aiming to snag a second to preferably trade for an NES or to help someone that didn't get one.
At this rate, I might as well do the same (grab two SNES and trade one for the NES). If anyone knows of any TRU that has an NES in stock in/near NW suburbs Chicago, please let me know.

bread's done
Back