SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I walk into this thread and read some comments after my little joke, my slight jest against the country and economics and what not...

whid1.gif
Why is the wall behind him moving?

I had the guy check OK, KS, MO, IL, NE, and CO yesterday when I was at the store. The only stores he said showed any were in Westminster and Aurora Colorado. Except the one in Springfield Missouri where the other employee was a peckerhead about it.
10 and 20 miles away from my home. Hmmm....

Called my local TRU and the associate hesitated when I asked if they had any NES classics in stock. He paused and said they sold out. I asked if they came in today and he said they came in yesterday. Anybody think he might be lying? Is it worth checking it out?

Called my local TRU and the associate hesitated when I asked if they had any NES classics in stock. He paused and said they sold out. I asked if they came in today and he said they came in yesterday. Anybody think he might be lying? Is it worth checking it out?
Got almost the same answer as your TRU associate. Came in yesterday and said that there was stock last Monday. We're still hoping!

I also decided to change my UK order to Global. It is actually supposed to arrive 2 days earlier now (As early as Oct. 4th as opposed to the 6th).

I wish the best of luck to anyone who hasn't gotten an order in yet, and I say that knowing Amazon UK can cancel my order at anytime. (I dont consider it mine until its at my doorstep)

Swing by both TRU in Memphis no luck...

If anyone can get their hands on an extra one please let me know!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an NES classic at Toys R Us in Aurora, CO! Fellow beside me saw me checkout and claimed the last one (at least the employee said it was the last one...)

Got an NES classic at Toys R Us in Aurora, CO! Fellow beside me saw me checkout and claimed the last one (at least the employee said it was the last one...)
Congrats, I like reading that actual people are still getting them. I wish I lived in places where employees were actually honest and not scalper scumbags like here in NYC. I have been lied to right to my face about the NES Classics by Gamestop employees, Target, TRU. It really sucks here in NYC.

Ugh reading this shit depresses me even more! Lol. No luck around me

Someone should really just remove the "S" from the op title.
Why bother, as this same discussion will be continued for the SNES mini well in to the new year, and beyond as both units will be interchangeable as far as these forums go.

Meet the new boss(SNES Mini), Same as the old boss(NES Mini). LOL

anybody have any luck in the midwest?  my location hasn't seen them, but they could have sold them while they weren't working.  hard to get a definite answer..

Snes classic will be on Amazon pre-order for prime day so they can make prime day look huge for shareholders when no one can load the website

But

I'm also lying
But
But that also might be a lie too

But in reaction other retailers will start selling orders for the NES Classic to keep up with Amazon
But

I might be lying, but someone is going stay up all night starting at 12am to 12am to the next day to make sure

Just to note again, tons of NES classics in traverse city Michigan, system shows they had a shipment case full. 
It's worth the travel if you're nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't believe he admitted that he was a scalper. I never mentioned anything to him about reselling or anything, he just brought it up himself. First thing I was thinking when he said that was, now why would he tell me if they had them in stock? He would just lie and keep it for himself right. Could you check the inventory if you ever get the chance around the NYC area? I just want to see if he was telling the truth. You never know there could be a random place in Brooklyn NY that may have one NES Classic left.
and you didn't report this to management or even hire up?

and you didn't report this to management or even hire up?
I didn't have proof he said it. It would just be a case of he said she said, he would just deny it. Now if I recorded him saying it on my phone then something could have been done. Not worth the hassle though. Next time I will be secretly recording all conversations I have with employees from any place when the SNES mini gets released. Hopefully I can pre-order it so I wont ever have to set foot into a retail store to buy one.

Do you guys think we will ever see a Gameboy classic?  Imagine getting a classic version that is the same size as the original lol.  That would bring back a lot of memories.

Do you guys think we will ever see a Gameboy classic? Imagine getting a classic version that is the same size as the original lol. That would bring back a lot of memories.
Bro every gameboy is an instant classic so how would they possibly choose?

Of course I'd want a gameboy color with the camera and printer. Not even "classic" just a re-release.

GameBoy Classic is what VC on 3DS was supposed to be.  They dropped the ball halting releases, though.  (Just like regular VC.)  If it takes a separate GB Classic to get the option to have more games on it, then that'll work.

Lol I've become the guy who keeps calling about the nes Classic at my TRU. "Are you the guy that keeps calling about the nes?" You're damn right I am.
Nothing here in Cali still

Lol I've become the guy who keeps calling about the nes Classic at my TRU. "Are you the guy that keeps calling about the nes?" You're damn right I am.
Nothing here in Cali still
Hi, new poster here but I've been lurking for a bit until allowed to post. Apparently there were a few TRU stores in SoCal that received NES classic shipments already and quickly sold out. I called one on La Cienega (for those familiar) in the AFTERNOON of July 5th and the guy said they sold a few and ran out on 4th of July. Two stores did, actually. He advised me to call the next day because of new shipments. I did, and the employee who answered told me they "sold the last one last night" (the DAY I called). So basically 1) Cali stores have received shipments and sold out and 2) some TRU employees are lying sacks of crap about stock when they have them.

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I wanted to post this earlier but was unable to post for a few days being a new user. 

I was able to pick up an NES Classic in the Wayne, NJ Toys"R"Us on Thursday.  They were keeping them behind the counter so I'm not sure how many they had left but it was one per customer and no holds.  I do know they had some left after I got mine just not sure of the number.  I hope this helps somebody get a hold of one. 

Both stores I called sounded flabbergasted that I was even asking about the NES. They both said they hadn't seen any of them since Christmas time.

Has there been any info whether TRU held these Classics back vs. N actually still shipping them?
I got one on Thursday, and the manager I talked to said they'd shocked him when they'd arrived earlier that day. Seemed like a pretty honest guy since, ya know....he was aware of the price they were fetching online and still sold me one.

From what I've heard they were just sitting in the TRU warehouses for some unknown reason until recently.
Not true according to the TRU rep from the 800 number I called 2 days ago. They checked warehouse inventory and nothing came up. I don't think they were there long, if at all.

bread's done
Back