SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Unfortunately, I think think they will produce a lot more of the snes than they did the NES- but demand is going to be sooooo much more for these things. The games list is insane, the games aged a lot better than the NES games, and the whole shortage thing.

This is going to suck.

I think I'll be able to grab one, but it won't be as easy as it should be.
I'm certain they will produce more, and that could be millions more than the first, but the demand will be greater, so it may be better, worse, or the same as the NES Mini was, in regards to finding one when the time comes.

No matter how many are produced, it will be a cluster fuck , at least here in the US, as NoA hasn't shown any levels of competency since Howard Lincoln left ages ago.

SNES will definitely be a lot harder to find.  just word of mouth that you can "easily" sell it for $300 and only pay under $100 gets peoples attention.  which sucks for the people who want it to play it.

Of course not, it was preposterous to believe this was going to happen in the first place.
Not to mention Amazon and Nintendo aren't exactly best friends as is. Look at the disasters during the switch release for recent proof.

Like the nes classic I am sure the initial preorders will be announce as it was for the nes classic. If memory serves me right this wasn't till august until allocations were given. Although this snes release is earlier in the year I doubt they will need much lead time. It's not like they aren't going to sell out.

I'm just looking to play them. I had most of the games in my personal collection when it came out, so I didn't need it. Then I got hit by pretty bad theft, so I figured I'd look into getting these. Managed to snag a UK preorder, so I can't complain.

If you cant beat em join them snes preorder asking 500 hahaah
durant-mad-abc.jpg

I'm probably going to regret this but ...

After driving to 4 Toys R Us locations yesterday and several employees telling me no ... I managed to score 4 NES Classics from 2 locations. Please don't hate on the results of my efforts and luck. Brand new, never opened, and no dents nor scratches on boxes.

I'm keeping one for myself but after seeing all the back and forth on this thead about the NES Classic, I'd be willing to let the other 3 go on CAG. I don't expect ebay prices but I'm also not ready to give $100's away.

I'm willing to take PM'd offers through tomorrow. Please take no offense if I decline your offer.

**** update .... the extra NES Classics have been accounted for as of 7/13/17 at 7AM EST. Thank you for your offers ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Actual items.[attachment=27240:Screenshot_2017-07-12-17-58-42.png][attachment=27241:Screenshot_2017-07-12-17-48-21.png]

Damn dude. Shouldn't have posted that. Knowing the people here, you're going to get people saying you're only trying to resell it, you "stole" it from customers that want it, you're only looking to show off, etc. 

Either way, congrats on the score.

After driving to 4 Toys R Us locations yesterday and several employees telling me no ... I managed to score 4 NES Classics from 2 locations. Please don't hate on the results of my efforts and luck. Brand new, never opened, and no dents nor scratches on boxes.

I'm keeping one for myself but after seeing all the back and forth on this thead about the NES Classic, I'd be willing to let the other 3 go on CAG. I don't expect ebay prices but I'm also not ready to give $100's away.

I'm willing to take PM'd offers through tomorrow. Please take no offense if I decline your offer.
if i can get an extra snes classic i will trade u.

More power to you Luigi, I hit up all the Toys R Us locations I could when the restock information came out and nothing was available within a 4 hour drive.

Actual items.
attachicon.gif
I'll give you $80 plus shipping for one. I'm a huge retro-gaming fan and just want to play the games, which makes my desire pure. There aren't already several other ways for me to play these games. Come on. Help a fellow CAG member out. I promise I won't resell it.

I'll give you $80 plus shipping for one. I'm a huge retro-gaming fan and just want to play the games, which makes my desire pure. There aren't already several other ways for me to play these games. Come on. Help a fellow CAG member out. I promise I won't resell it.
I will top this user with an offer of tree fiddy!

Saw it in stores one time before the discontinuation announcement. If I didn't buy it for MSRP then, I'm sure as hell not buying it for more now. Honestly, I wouldn't play it.

Very nice come up. Congrats. :applause:

Still a scumbag move tho

I'd expect this from Bowser not Luigi!
Lmao! Don't 4get who was the original "mean-mugging" Mario Kart driver.

Update on NES Classics ...

I'm not affiliated with Toys R Us in any way. I honestly just went to every TrU near me once I read other CAG'rs were recently finding NES Classics in the wild.

I literally had employees go into their stock room to double check. 2 of 4 stores had 1 case (6 units) delivered to them on Saturday 7/8/17 that was never opened. Both locations told me they did not open it was because HQ sometimes instructs them to hold them for a specific "guaranteed to be in stock" weekly advertising. After they confirmed there was no HQ mandate this time around, they sold me and my girlfriend 1 each. They even asked for our drivers license to ensure we didn't live together.

In regards to the extra 3 I managed to score ... they've already been accounted for by CAG'rs. I'm just pending the logistics now (payment / shipping / trade).

Thanks again to all who made an offer. I will not disclose the selling arrangements nor their identitis but they can if they want to.

I've been sitting on two nes classics but every time I try and move them on this site I get offers of 20 over retail...

These nes classics make people crazy. They want it cheap in hopes that they could sell it for more. I guess I'll just keep sitting on them. At some point they will restock them and I will be screwed lol.

I think it's safe to say there won't be pre-orders on this now. Either Nintendo has restricted retailers or they're holding allocation numbers for closer to release. In either case, this is going to suck. I refuse to partake in a launch that will dwarf any Nintendo release to date because the scalpers and people camping out for this will be unreal.

Nintendo knows what it's doing with this release and I fucking hate them for it.

Why do people assume Nintendo purposefully creates a shortage with production? There's two sides to supply and demand, and it doesn't profit them to not sell as much. It just makes no sense.

What is the upc number for the nes classic?  I wouldn't mind tracking down a second one I could trade for a snes classic.  I don't know if I'll be lucky enough to  run across a snes classic like I did with the nes.

Why do people assume Nintendo purposefully creates a shortage with production? There's two sides to supply and demand, and it doesn't profit them to not sell as much. It just makes no sense.
Because for a manufacturer this long in the business, there's absolutely no excuse for not meeting demand. Granted, they tend to use proprietary parts so it's entirely possible their system designs create a shortage of parts leading to supply issues. Honestly though, they prefer to have 100% sell-through of inventory so they limit production not only as a cost savings on assembly lines, but it looks great in a sales meeting. Who wants to be the person explaining cratering sales figures to shareholders?

WiiU remembers.

Because for a manufacturer this long in the business, there's absolutely no excuse for not meeting demand. Granted, they tend to use proprietary parts so it's entirely possible their system designs create a shortage of parts leading to supply issues. Honestly though, they prefer to have 100% sell-through of inventory so they limit production not only as a cost savings on assembly lines, but it looks great in a sales meeting. Who wants to be the person explaining cratering sales figures to shareholders?

WiiU remembers.
If you don't know the demand how are you supposed to determine the supply? Saying that it is purposefully done is silly. They said themselves demand for the NES Classic took them by surprise.

If you don't know the demand how are you supposed to determine the supply? Saying that it is purposefully done is silly. They said themselves demand for the NES Classic took them by surprise.
Because they don't meet demand on a single one of their high profile items. That's telling right there.

just like the amiibos right? every single time a new one came out, oh we had no idea it was going to be popular!

Anything branded Nintendo will sell well honestly. I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't start making food, home cookwares, non gaming electronics, furniture, etc. They'd give other major companies a run for their money.

Amiibo were not megahits when they came out.  It wasn't until the discontinuation announcement for the first three that suddenly it was hard to find.  I preordered Marth before launch with zero issue, for example.  Preordering Lucina the next Spring?  Herculean efforts were required.  That was also the time of the shipping workers strike on the West Coast, which screwed up supply all over the place.  Even just this year, the BotW amiibo were preorderable for a really long time prior to launch.  It wasn't until after launch when suddenly everyone wanted them for BotW that they became so much harder to get.

Nintendo is not going to flood the market.  They're very conservative in their estimates.  Sometimes that leads to not overproducing floundering items.  Other times that leads to way underproducing popular items.  They're not going to suddenly stop being conservative in their estimates after 30 years in the home console business, though.

When you see amiibo on clearance for $5, the only real solution is to take pre-orders online at Nintendo's website and then make them. Of course people still will miss out and not be happy.

They definitely aren't going to flood the market if they can help it and yet even with this mentality they don't get it right all the time because they never know demand.  Look at all the AC Amiibo on shelves.  They can't give those away.  

If they knew the Wii U was only going to sell 13 million they would have never made it.  

But they don't have a crystal ball. 

Even if something seems hot to begin with they don't know where that demand ends.  Sht is popular until one day  it isn't and suddenly shelves are full of yesterday's must-have product.

And if you look at the T2L figures you'll see that 2 of the players have dropped out now.  And much of that is related to oversupply.  

With the NES Classic, Nintendo admitted it was a limited time item.  I think it was there to fill the hole left behind by the Wii U.  It was there to spur and expand interest in their IP and in the brand and reach a different customer.

I've linked this before but Dunkey put it best when describing Nintendo:

https://youtu.be/7o8IcA66K9A?t=6m17s
Yeah, when I first saw that video, his description of them making games was my favorite segment(and how poor they run the business). Sadly, outside of 3D Mario, and Zelda, I personally find even their game design is way down compared to what it has been in the past.

We no longer see really creative games like Warioware & Elitebeat Agents, and games that they should be able to make blind folded like Star Fox, turns out to be complete garbage, and most other games are hit and miss.

So I do understand his point in the video, and the games like BotW and Odyssey are the reasons I still hang around, but my overall 1st party purchases have been getting less and less each new gen for awhile now.

bread's done
Back