SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Yep. They also have jobs. And family.
People with job's can make the time for hunting these things down too, and people with jobs were able to make the time! Each time I found one was either right at open without standing in line at my local Target, and got one in the middle of the day at a Walmart. Target starts unloading their truck early in the morning (while later in the day they may get packages from UPS, Fedex, etc), while Walmart unloads their trucks in the late afternoon (also from UPS, Fedex, etc). It is pointless to argue that people have jobs, you are just plain lazy.

I can't go to Target in the morning. I can't go to Walmart during the day. Some people have jobs where you can't leave. I can't leave. I can't show up late. I don't leave early. It's not doable. It's not an excuse. It's not laziness. It's a reason. It happens.

People with job's can make the time for hunting these things down too, and people with jobs were able to make the time! Each time I found one was either right at open without standing in line at my local Target, and got one in the middle of the day at a Walmart. Target starts unloading their truck early in the morning (while later in the day they may get packages from UPS, Fedex, etc), while Walmart unloads their trucks in the late afternoon (also from UPS, Fedex, etc). It is pointless to argue that people have jobs, you are just plain lazy.
Spoken like someone that has no job and no family to take care of. Kudos and I hope you enjoyed the money you got from scalping!

People playing the "some people have jobs you know" card is my favorite dumb things people have been posting on video game forums for twenty years. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have family, I don't scalp and don't need to prove anything to the ignorant.
In that case, feel free to send me one at msrp. I'll even pay $10.99 for shipping and handling!

I don't see a mention of you needing to take care of family or having a regular job. If you want to talk about ignorance, maybe you should take a look at what you're posting. I don't really care if you have a family to take care of or if you have a regular job, but to assume that anyone with one or the other could just drop their responsibilities in order to hunt down a rare $60 toy is beyond ignorant. Not to mention that no everyone has a workplace/home close enough to one of those stores. :roll:

My game pre order was canceled today. Used Pay Pal to complete the order.

We're sorry to say your recent order has been cancelled.

"While going through your order, our risk and security processes have come across a few issues which prevent us from billing and shipping your product(s).

There are several reasons why this might happen. For your privacy, these are not shared with us. Some examples of order rejections are because of issues with billing/shipping addresses, the particular card being used or the email address linked with your account.

Please contact our Customer Service Team on 0208 827 0099 and we will re-place your order for you."

Wonder what will happen if Amazon ever canceled US orders. The riots would be hilarious. :lol:

Spent about 4 hours this weekend delving into Super Metroid on my NESC and I gotta say I'm glad they're making this console for younger generations. The game is just a blast and holds up well (all except for that fucking grapple hook weapon lol). I'm kind of impressed I remembered quite a bit of the secret locations and such for items after all these years.

I think I just need to start revisiting retro gaming every weekend because some of these games are just amazing.

"While going through your order, our risk and security processes have come across a few issues which prevent us from billing and shipping your product(s).

There are several reasons why this might happen. For your privacy, these are not shared with us. Some examples of order rejections are because of issues with billing/shipping addresses, the particular card being used or the email address linked with your account.

Please contact our Customer Service Team on 0208 827 0099 and we will re-place your order for you."
When did you pre-order?

Yep, I got the same e-mail here. Was about to give them a pass if they actually shipped my mini. But screw Game.uk, they really have no redeeming qualities.

Basically they just went ahead and cancelled (probably all of the US) orders after the fact.

Has anyone had their international UK or German Amazon SNES Classic orders canceled? Now I'm worried about my German Amazon Order. I hope they don't cancel it. I'm actually willing to spend the extra $20 for it.

I also ordered from Game.co.uk. But my order has not been cancelled yet.

The manager from the store that I had an issue at gave me a call today and was nice enough to check the stock in the Northeast again. Not only did he check, but he also offered to request a shipment from stores that showed stock. At this point, those are probably phantom units that weren't tracked properly in the system and I didn't bother. We couldn't imagine any place having 1-2, muchless 6 units right now, so the Northeast is pretty much dry. Good luck to the rest of the country.

Am I? I have an NES Classic. You're absolutely right- it is pointless to argue with people. Thanks. Enjoy your day!

Placed order for just one. Oct 6th as the arrival date. So far out but I cannot wait

I unbelievably checked this post since I haven't checked much after they moved this thread out of hot topic and the pre-order live magically happened!

Got one!

Who alerted you? Walmart? I didnt get anything
Walmart sent me an email! And nowinstock sent me one like 10 min later. So i think i jumped in right as it began. So glad cuz i needed one for me and a friend. I still need one more for another friend but am hopeful i can get a 3rd elsewhere since hes not a video game sleuth like us CAGs and he just wants it for him and his 5 year old son.

If it doesn't go down in the next hour, I am guessing that Wal-Mart may be over promising.
Who knows. Nintendo claims they're making twice as much as the NES Classic at launch so we shall see. I just hope i get both of mine and that I got in fast enough to actually get them.

Walmart sent me an email! And nowinstock sent me one like 10 min later. So i think i jumped in right as it began. So glad cuz i needed one for me and a friend. I still need one more for another friend but am hopeful i can get a 3rd elsewhere since hes not a video game sleuth like us CAGs and he just wants it for him and his 5 year old son.
Nowinstock somehow has a delay ever since the amiibo craze...

*edit - still up after around the half hour mark. Walmart sent this message to my email at 10:35PM CST and now it's 11:07PM...

I just got in an order too, 30 minutes after the email was sent. Hoping not to get screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I got one too. Yessssss. Order submitted 13 minutes after it went live. My hands were shaking a bit lmfao. This one means a lot to me. I got an extra one for those wanting to trade a new NES classic for it. (A real one) PM me. We can also do it through eBay if you feel more secure that way.

bread's done
Back