SNES Classic Discussion Thread

i haven't seen anyone announce they got their wal-mart preorder delivered on release day as wal-mart promised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think either of these come with the AC Adapters either.  I want one from the collector's standpoint since I'll be using the US version anyway.

now in stock
Thanks but I was looking for something that includes Yodobashi, 7net, Rakuten books, Tsutaya, etc. All the retailers getting stock and have opened preorders online. I guess I'll keep searching google for something.

Ito-Yokado opened for online orders at 0:00 JST but sold out in less than a minute. sigh. Guess I'll be monitoring my auto-refreshers all day.

My Super Famicom Mini from Amazon.jp was just charged on my card a moment ago.

I paid about $101.61 for it and it comes with a USB adaptor.

Thanks but I was looking for something that includes Yodobashi, 7net, Rakuten books, Tsutaya, etc. All the retailers getting stock and have opened preorders online. I guess I'll keep searching google for something.

Ito-Yokado opened for online orders at 0:00 JST but sold out in less than a minute. sigh. Guess I'll be monitoring my auto-refreshers all day.
oh those idk which sites

My SNES from Amazon UK came today. Probably going to have to wait for eBay listings to drop to around $100 before I pickup a Super Famicom.

Just got an email from Walmart, my Store Pickup SNES is... on Back Order... If they can't ship it by 11/30, they'll auto cancel it...

My SNES from Amazon DE arrived today.  It looks cool and much cooler than the US version.  Although, I did grow up with the US version so it still holds a special place in my heart.

Just got an email from Walmart, my Store Pickup SNES is... on Back Order... If they can't ship it by 11/30, they'll auto cancel it...
My delivery order also just backordered after a 4th auth, and I got in the second it was up on the 22nd. Delivery was listed as oct 5th until now.

My delivery order also just backordered after a 4th auth, and I got in the second it was up on the 22nd. Delivery was listed as oct 5th until now.
Same here. Crazy, especially considering my order from the 25th arrived yesterday without a problem... Not sure how an order placed later arrives before...

Amazon gave me a gift certificate and upgraded me to free overnight shipping because I complained about their lack of communication and selling me something they knew they couldn't fulfill.

I still have about zero faith in getting it, but it was worth the 5 minutes for the gift credit added to my account. 

Same here. Crazy, especially considering my order from the 25th arrived yesterday without a problem... Not sure how an order placed later arrives before...
Really bad order queue if that is the case, but I think amazon does similarly bad in that regard.

I am delusionally optimistic this was just an automated backorder because the expected date is passing, but may likely ship it sooner or by next week like the rumored 10/11 amazon date. But if not, you would think they should get some decent restock to fill the order by 11/30. At least they give that long before they cancel.

Any differences in the menus and gameplay in comparison to the US version?
I just got my EU system from amazon.de today as well, and the only difference between the menus is the color palette used. The EU version is more colorful, I guess because it mimics the buttons on the controllers. I haven't really played a US SNES Classic, but I assume they have the same internal components, so gameplay should be identical. Star Fox was a bit laggy, but that's the only game I've noticed it on so far.

Also, I know it's not very CAG of me to spend $115 on an item that should cost $80 (because of shipping and exchange rates), but I'm just glad I was able to get one, and with zero hassles. It's an early b-day gift to myself, and I'm having a blast with it. Worth.

I just got my EU system from amazon.de today as well, and the only difference between the menus is the color palette used. The EU version is more colorful, I guess because it mimics the buttons on the controllers. I haven't really played a US SNES Classic, but I assume they have the same internal components, so gameplay should be identical. Star Fox was a bit laggy, but that's the only game I've noticed it on so far.

Also, I know it's not very CAG of me to spend $115 on an item that should cost $80 (because of shipping and exchange rates), but I'm just glad I was able to get one, and with zero hassles. It's an early b-day gift to myself, and I'm having a blast with it. Worth.
Thanks so much! I plan on doing a detailed review of all 3 of the SNES Mini consoles (US, JP, EU) and wanted to know specifically if the EU one had some differences since it has the same games as the US version.

My Amazon.jp one just shipped and should arrive Friday!

Since my UK SNES Mini is coming next Friday, I'm getting an SNES Mini 3 Fridays in a row, lol.

Walmart order delivered.  What a mess, they canceled first preorder, then I had to reorder, then it was late.

Also, did Target remove the DCPI for this? No longer searchable on BS.
Nintendo announced it has been discontinued :shock: :hot: ..........jk

Massive restock coming and they want to hide stock numbers to keep the illusion alive :whistle2: .......maybe

Stock trickling in regularly soon and want to avoid campers and constant harrassment of workers about stock numbers :whistle2:k .........probably

Pretty stupid move since I feel it would only increase the volume of calls/people asking in-store each day without being able to just look online.

These are going for $160 or less on eBay... I know I don't want to be part of the problem but even if Nintendo does stop making these and they're still at $160, I'd probably bite. 

At least half the game's on that list are AAA titles in my book. 

These are going for $160 or less on eBay... I know I don't want to be part of the problem but even if Nintendo does stop making these and they're still at $160, I'd probably bite.

At least half the game's on that list are AAA titles in my book.
Do not go into the light!!! We're losing you.

If Nintendo stops making them, they will hit $300 within minutes of the announcement. But that should not even be a possibility for at least 4 months.

Volume and frequency of the next restocks will be key, along with whenever amazon finally ships the gazillions they sold as preorders but choked on because they don't care about their online customers.

If Nintendo stops making them, they will hit $300 within minutes of the announcement. But that should not even be a possibility for at least 4 months.
Yeah, I'm just thinking of trying for a while... I'm guessing supply is gonna be short until the holiday season but if I can't get one by early Jan/Feb, I might just say fuck it and buy one if they're still around the $150 range.

System was in stock at GameStop for a couple minutes. I wanted to confirm prior to posting here. By the time I did it was to late. Use nowinstock and the Tracker app.

My EU orders came in today.  The shipping box from germany was absolutely beat to shit.  I don't know if it's a nice thing knowing that Amazon's quality standards when it comes to shipping extend globally.  Luckily Nintendo made those snesc boxes solid and tough as hell, so it didn't even have a dented corner on it, just some minor scuffs on a couple corners. 

With that I am done with this chaotic mess, at least until the 64 classic is announced I guess.  Though this does now make one more than I needed.  So now that I have it in hand if anyone wants a EU version for my cost + ship, let me know.

So I finally got my order from Target. I had to pick it up from the post office. I noticed there's something loose, or broken inside of the SNES Classic. Probably just a piece of plastic. Other then that, it works fine. It looks smaller in person, then when you see it in a photo, or video.

My EU orders came in today. The shipping box from germany was absolutely beat to shit. I don't know if it's a nice thing knowing that Amazon's quality standards when it comes to shipping extend globally. Luckily Nintendo made those snesc boxes solid and tough as hell, so it didn't even have a dented corner on it, just some minor scuffs on a couple corners.
I got a order on its way from the EU. I'm glad the EU boxes are solid. The US box feels solid as well.

bread's done
Back