SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Playing ff3 and it seems like the random generator isn't random enough. I'm trying to get zoneseek from the auction house and I just keep getting cherub down or chocobos, I did eventually get a golem Esper but not a zoneseek yet

In the snes game it was an imp robot not a chocobo, I'm sure of it, was this change made for the gba version?

Edit finally got zoneseek

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine, but also like everyone else I expected more like Nintendo claimed.
Compared to the NES Classic and Switch there was more. My local Walmart alone received 6 times more snes over nes. And almost double the amount of Switch consoles.

I actually had trouble getting rid of my second system I ordered for a friend. I told him it went live on thinkgeek and he never responded so I placed a order. Turns out he ordered one. I asked 7 people if they were interested before I put it up for sale. I'm currently holding it until next week for someone.

My Amazon UK order arrived Oct 4. It's sad that I got it before my US order. This will be going to my sister's house.

I spoke with Amazon US this morning (this will be my SNES Classic). Last week in chat they told me that I should be getting an email this week with updated order information. No email was sent though. The rep said I should expect it Oct 11 at the earliest. He also updated my shipping to 1-day for free and issued a $10 credit as an apology. Hopefully we will be getting these next week ^^;

Nice gloat. I'm sure we are all waiting anxiously for your mega review.  /salt/

That Amazon message about order status can easily be a mass cancellation/accept this $10 gc because we hate our customers except taco truck email.

Nice gloat. I'm sure we are all waiting anxiously for your mega review.

That Amazon message about order status can easily be a mass cancellation/accept this $10 gc because we hate our customers except taco truck email.
Maybe I want to see his Super Fami Mini review? I'm curious. I wanted to get one, but I had no luck on it and I started to get second thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They probably could have launched this even earlier but they stock piled and put it out with a lot more availability than the NES. Even if they somehow made 100,000 more in the past week, its going to take some time to ship them over. ;)

My JP system from only a few days ago is supposedly already going to be be here on Monday via DHL. :D

I received a cancellation email from gamestop. The app crashed while ordering last week and apparently I had 2 orders.

My EU orders came in today. The shipping box from germany was absolutely beat to shit. I don't know if it's a nice thing knowing that Amazon's quality standards when it comes to shipping extend globally. Luckily Nintendo made those snesc boxes solid and tough as hell, so it didn't even have a dented corner on it, just some minor scuffs on a couple corners.

With that I am done with this chaotic mess, at least until the 64 classic is announced I guess. Though this does now make one more than I needed. So now that I have it in hand if anyone wants a EU version for my cost + ship, let me know.
Might have to take you up on this. What was the cost, you can pm me if you like

Yahoo posted an article titled "hurry amazon has SNES in stock", I clicked on the article and their basically advertising for the scalpers. lol

Just want to give a shout out to OPs posting about in stocks, especially the night Best Buy preorders went up. Between 2 from BB and Target and Think Geek orders, was able to score a personal copy, a copy to keep for collection, and 2 to flip to pay for it all. The haters that haven't been able to get one just need to be patient and keep trying and use tools, such as CAG to score a copy.[attachment=28230:IMG_3407.JPG]

Someone on nowinstock claims target will be getting ~35% launch quantity restock around oct 20.  If true, I bet we will also see amazon and walmart shipping out around that time.  The FLOOD is coming...

So where are we with Amazon? Its been a little over a week now since the release and still no update? I guess all of their stock was really on those Treasure Truck and everyone who preordered it online is  fuck , Is that a correct assumption with the current status with Amazon right now?

Well according to the Messaging Assistant on the Amazon app, my SNES is supposed to ship on Monday next week and arrive Wednesday. But who knows.

Hopefully you can buy some decent granite counter tops because that shit looks like crap!!!
giphy.gif

All I got was $20, the csr told me some bs that the purchasing to the treasure truck and Amazon.com were two separate things. What ever the reason, it just doesn't look good on them.

Just want to give a shout out to OPs posting about in stocks, especially the night Best Buy preorders went up. Between 2 from BB and Target and Think Geek orders, was able to score a personal copy, a copy to keep for collection, and 2 to flip to pay for it all. The haters that haven't been able to get one just need to be patient and keep trying and use tools, such as CAG to score a copy. IMG_3407.JPG
Wow dude you're so awesome. Everyone now thinks you're cool.

Good job. Bravo. Well done. Tell us more, please!

Wow dude you're so awesome. Everyone now thinks you're cool.

Good job. Bravo. Well done. Tell us more, please!
I like how he suggests using the same tools we normally use and implies and attributes any failure to us being lazy or ill informed. By the way, I got a SNES Classic and I still hate this POS.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I missed the chance to preorder because I was asleep and had no idea it was going live, then I missed what seemed like another preorder window because I was in a meeting, and then I had to work on launch day. So now I'm checking brickseek a few times a day, randomly stopping by BestBuy, subscribed to videogamedeals, and lurking here. Not sure what else I can do to try to get one, but I've definitely been trying. It seems like some of the people who were able to get multiples are implying that the people who haven't gotten one missed the chance because they are lazy. That may be the case occasionally, but I think it's more likely that they have situations like mine where it was pretty much out of their hands.

I missed the chance to preorder because I was asleep and had no idea it was going live, then I missed what seemed like another preorder window because I was in a meeting, and then I had to work on launch day. So now I'm checking brickseek a few times a day, randomly stopping by BestBuy, subscribed to videogamedeals, and lurking here. Not sure what else I can do to try to get one, but I've definitely been trying. It seems like some of the people who were able to get multiples are implying that the people who haven't gotten one missed the chance because they are lazy. That may be the case occasionally, but I think it's more likely that they have situations like mine where it was pretty much out of their hands.
BB handed out tickets at 7am and it was my experience that at that time, there wasn't even enough people for all the tickets available right at 7am. In fact, the person in front of me was clearly a businessman dressed in suit and tie as he was on his way into the office. BB opens at 10am and was allowing 3 hours before selling any remaining unclaimed tickets. I fail to see how anyone could not have gone into work early after stopping by a local BB for a ticket at 7am and taking an early lunch to get this.

The tickets were public knowledge, the date for this had been planned for 2 months in advance, and any scheduling of work meetings/time off that day could have been blocked for that timeframe (not to mention it's fucking Friday in corporate land). Maybe not complete laziness, but for sure poor planning.

I fail to see how anyone could not have gone into work early after stopping by a local BB for a ticket at 7am and taking an early lunch to get this.
The real failure is the inability to understand that everyone's job situation is not the same.

It's like the equivalent of me assuming everyone who got multiples doesn't have anything to do. Everyone's situation is different.

Just want to give a shout out to OPs posting about in stocks, especially the night Best Buy preorders went up. Between 2 from BB and Target and Think Geek orders, was able to score a personal copy, a copy to keep for collection, and 2 to flip to pay for it all. The haters that haven't been able to get one just need to be patient and keep trying and use tools, such as CAG to score a copy.
You only got four? What a tryhard. This post bores me.

Well, I was here and ordered during every preorder that popped up, bestbuy, amazon, walmart, target, just not gamestop.  I luckily got one from bestbuy preorder so am not 100% salty, but I was planning to keep one sealed, give one as a birthday gift, and one for my bro who is not as CAG-savvy or has enough spare time as me to waste tracking items like this.  My Target preorder was cancelled because they forced me to upgrade my redcard with no method available to save that preorder made on the old card.  My walmart order is still in backorder.  My amazon order is still who knows where like everyone else's.  I didn't stop at target on the way to work on launch day because I didn't want to be late to work and didn't think they would be so available that morning.

So in this case, you can see I DID use all the tools and even had preorders from almost every place that had them during very small windows of time, so I was in a way better position than most people could be for this launch.  Yet I still don't have multiples on hand like some people are claiming could easily be done.  Perfect example of why people still need to make multiple preorders of items like this.

the resale value on these arent even that high. especially on ebay with the fees they take lol
My local resale site has had one listed at $120 and $130 all week long and hasn't sold. 119 listings for these and they aren't moving, and people still listing them for $200+!

Next week the 15 day return deadlines for Best Buy and Walmart will be hitting...

My local resale site has had one listed at $120 and $130 all week long and hasn't sold. 119 listings for these and they aren't moving, and people still listing them for $200+!

Next week the 15 day return deadlines for Best Buy and Walmart will be hitting...
Scalpers got fucked :rofl:

bread's done
Back