SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Had a very interesting trip to gamestop today. Went to return an extra buddle I got and the book in the buddle I kept. Returning the two books went totally fine, but the dude seriously kept insisting it would be smarter for me to list it on ebay or find someone who would want to buy it. "People seriously want those. You could easily make at least $100" Pretty much refused to return that, so stuck with an extra one. Guess I'll list it on ebay.

I guess if they take them back and get refunds, then they came out alright. Right?
True - but think of the time they wasted. That matters to some people . There ARE many who bought these purely to resell - as in no desire to keep even one of them. LOL - good riddance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was here and ordered during every preorder that popped up, bestbuy, amazon, walmart, target, just not gamestop. I luckily got one from bestbuy preorder so am not 100% salty, but I was planning to keep one sealed, give one as a birthday gift, and one for my bro who is not as CAG-savvy or has enough spare time as me to waste tracking items like this. My Target preorder was cancelled because they forced me to upgrade my redcard with no method available to save that preorder made on the old card. My walmart order is still in backorder. My amazon order is still who knows where like everyone else's. I didn't stop at target on the way to work on launch day because I didn't want to be late to work and didn't think they would be so available that morning.

So in this case, you can see I DID use all the tools and even had preorders from almost every place that had them during very small windows of time, so I was in a way better position than most people could be for this launch. Yet I still don't have multiples on hand like some people are claiming could easily be done. Perfect example of why people still need to make multiple preorders of items like this.
Don't worry, bud. There are going to plenty of these to go around this holiday. The demand is artificially inflated due to the scalpers. The NES Classic struck lightning and benefited from Nintendo having nothing else on the market last winter. It'll be a very different story this time, and people's disposable income over the holidays will be stretched thin with all the Switch games and new 2DS madness, not to mention the bombardment of Xbox One X ads that are going to be playing.

Ain't no way SNES Classic is going to be the hottest toy this time. Also, $80 absolutely takes it out of the impulse buy category.

did anyone get their amazon preorder though??
From what I have seen not a single online preorder at Amazon has shipped for anyone. Not a single one!! This is an immense failure on Amazon's part considering they like to consider themselves the world's leading online retailer.

To have tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of units go to their Treasure taco tucks and not one, NOT ONE, go to an online preorder is just ridiculous on their part and a damn shitty way to treat their customers.

From what I have seen not a single online preorder at Amazon has shipped for anyone. Not a single one!! This is an immense failure on Amazon's part considering they like to consider themselves the world's leading online retailer.

To have tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of units go to their Treasure taco tucks and not one, NOT ONE, go to an online preorder is just ridiculous on their part and a damn shitty way to treat their customers.
But not only that, they still havent communicated to us whether they are gonna honor the damn order or if they are just gonna cancel everyones order. At this time, my order is still on "Not Yet Shipped" status. And with no emails or any kind of communication, we are all here wondering whats gonna happen. This is really a total failure on Amazons part

But not only that, they still havent communicated to us whether they are gonna honor the damn order or if they are just gonna cancel everyones order. At this time, my order is still on "Not Yet Shipped" status. And with no emails or any kind of communication, we are all here wondering whats gonna happen. This is really a total failure on Amazons part
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there some concern that the listing wasn't valid when it went up? I remember reading people mentioning that in all the excitement that day.

Yeah they did about a month ago. Doesn't get much clearer than this:

We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic. We are working hard to ensure you get this item as soon as it is in stock. You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there some concern that the listing wasn't valid when it went up? I remember reading people mentioning that in all the excitement that day.
Yes there was but I believe a few people called Customer Service to validate if it was real and they said yes its real. Now i know with CS you take their response with a grain of salt but if that link was not the real SNES mini link, then which is the real SNES Amazon link? And did it ever go live?

Im gonna have to believe that was the real link, otherwise Amazon pulled a ToyrUs on us by not providing a online link and instead went ahead to sold their units at their B&M, in the case of Amazon its the Treasure Truck. The only difference here is that TRU had the decency to let people know there was not gonna be any online orders while Amazon just fuck into believing there was online preordering. I dont know why these companies cant be more upfront about how they are gonna deal with preorders on hot items

Yeah they did about a month ago. Doesn't get much clearer than this:

We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic. We are working hard to ensure you get this item as soon as it is in stock. You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.
I have not gotten an email like that but i had assume this is whats happening. Otherwise they would have already cancelled everyones order by now. Its been more than a week so if they havent cancelled the order yet then that means their is still hope. In the meantime, i wait for any kind of email from them as to the status of my order

Yes there was but I believe a few people called Customer Service to validate if it was real and they said yes its real. Now i know with CS you take their response with a grain of salt but if that link was not the real SNES mini link, then which is the real SNES Amazon link? And did it ever go live?

Im gonna have to believe that was the real link, otherwise Amazon pulled a ToyrUs on us by not providing a online link and instead went ahead to sold their units at their B&M, in the case of Amazon its the Treasure Truck. The only difference here is that TRU had the decency to let people know there was not gonna be any online orders while Amazon just fuck into believing there was online preordering. I dont know why these companies cant be more upfront about how they are gonna deal with preorders on hot items
I was just wondering since I recalled people thinking it was questionable anyways.

Yes, it was an ambiguous listing that went up on amazon in the middle of the night at 3AM for a few minutes.  Any outrage that these orders don't get filled is ludicrous.  It was a bogus listing to begin with.  It doesn't mean anything that some CS agent said something confirming it once.

How is it a bogus listing? If it was, amazon would have cancel them already like the supposed Wal-Mart error listing. Also amazon has listed preorder late in the night before, like the Breath of the Wild Master Edition.

It didn't say 'SNES classic' anywhere on the listing; it was something really weird.  someone else can post the title of it, I don't have it on record. 

People just guessed it was the classic and submitted pre-orders en masse after it got reposted to deals sites. 

It didn't say 'SNES classic' anywhere on the listing; it was something really weird. someone else can post the title of it, I don't have it on record.

People just guessed it was the classic and submitted pre-orders en masse after it got reposted to deals sites.
Your point is still moot considering they updated the listing to include pics of the SNES . Also they listed and sold other Nintendo Products with Game Trust in their listing. This has been stated numerous time but people still choose to think otherwise.

I know what happened.  Anyone who went into this situation with only one pre-order, and it being a weird one from Amazon, should have gotten a second one somewhere else.  Just like anything else limited that has a high degree risk of cancellation, and even more pronounced in this case.   Not to mention that the only people who got these orders in at Amazon were professionals surfing deals sites or NeoGAF at 3 in the morning. 

I don't really give a shit what you think of my point.

It didn't say 'SNES classic' anywhere on the listing; it was something really weird. someone else can post the title of it, I don't have it on record.

It actually did say it was a "SNES Classic" though it also said it was a digital download, which was the confusing part. Either way Amazon corrected the listing later and they also sent all who ordered the email that was referenced above indicating that yes, that link was for the SNES Classic.

I know what happened. Anyone who went into this situation with only one pre-order, and it being a weird one from Amazon, should have gotten a second one somewhere else. Just like anything else limited that has a high degree risk of cancellation, and even more pronounced in this case. Not to mention that the only people who got these orders in at Amazon were professionals surfing deals sites or NeoGAF at 3 in the morning.

I don't really give a shit what you think of my point. Also why the fuck did you ask when you already knew the answer. My mistake for attempting to give you a thoughtful response the first time.
Calm down and don't get so worked up on a friendly discussion. I asked because you said you thought it was bogus and I wanted to know why you thought it was bogus. That is how you have a discussion.

It's pretty sad that we're expected to do multiple preorders for anything. Seriously...am I supposed to preorder 4-5 xbox one x's to make sure i get one? maybe amazon will do the treasure truck thing again? and what if all my 4-5 preorders are fulfilled? they're $500 each. preorders aren't supposed to be a chance at getting one on launch day. it's supposed to be a guarantee.

It's pretty sad that we're expected to do multiple preorders for anything. Seriously...am I supposed to preorder 4-5 xbox one x's to make sure i get one? maybe amazon will do the treasure truck thing again? and what if all my 4-5 preorders are fulfilled? they're $500 each. preorders aren't supposed to be a chance at getting one on launch day. it's supposed to be a guarantee.
I like to live life dangerously. I only preordered one SNES Classic from Best Buy online. Same goes for the NES Classic. I preordered the unit alone from GameStop.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The amount of faith placed in Nintendo to keep these in stock during the holiday rush is absolutely hilarious. Take the blinders off and see past your hatred or you will be disappointed. The price will slide as more of these come into the market, but anyone with a brain will know these will spike after Black Friday. The fact of the matter is this is sold out everywhere and as desperation settles in, they will move at a premium.

These SJW's blindly hating are only fooling themselves.

one just sold today for 179.99 , another one for 170 + 10 shipping. most at 150 , profit is profit but yea nes classic was more cause of its timing

The amount of faith placed in Nintendo to keep these in stock during the holiday rush is absolutely hilarious. Take the blinders off and see past your hatred or you will be disappointed. The price will slide as more of these come into the market, but anyone with a brain will know these will spike after Black Friday. The fact of the matter is this is sold out everywhere and as desperation settles in, they will move at a premium.

These SJW's blindly hating are only fooling themselves.
I see, so if I think these will be in decent supply, I must hate Nintendo ... wtf.

All I'm saying is that Nintendo has committed to supplying these items through the holidays and into 2018. Scalpers have every incentive to exaggerate and spread the word of the scarcity of the item. It serves them best, and of course, those who got one at MSRP also want to take "pride" in securing one so they too add to the noise.

For those who can wait IMHO based on the vastly different market conditions - the most obvious of which are the Switch and the New 2DS -- the SNES Classic just won't garner the media attention it did before. Last year, the NES Classic was on local news stations when it hit streets. This time, not so much. Also, retailers aren't likely to push stock it doesn't have, especially when Nintendo would prefer to push Switch hardware and software, and of course, there's Microsoft's new and shiny X.

People here have their motives for sounding off at me and others who insist supply will be much improved. Whatever their reasons, mine is not of hatred for Nintendo (check the Nintendo boards for how much Nintendo hardware/software I buy); I just want people who WANT these items to get them at MSRP. I absolutely don't subscribe to the scalpers here who seem hell bent on spreading the message that these will be impossible to find so they can mark up their costs and make some extra money.

Don't believe them. Just wait and you'll get one at MSRP.

I see, so if I think these will be in decent supply, I must hate Nintendo ... wtf.

All I'm saying is that Nintendo has committed to supplying these items through the holidays and into 2018. Scalpers have every incentive to exaggerate and spread the word of the scarcity of the item. It serves them best, and of course, those who got one at MSRP also want to take "pride" in securing one so they too add to the noise.

For those who can wait IMHO based on the vastly different market conditions - the most obvious of which are the Switch and the New 2DS -- the SNES Classic just won't garner the media attention it did before. Last year, the NES Classic was on local news stations when it hit streets. This time, not so much. Also, retailers aren't likely to push stock it doesn't have, especially when Nintendo would prefer to push Switch hardware and software, and of course, there's Microsoft's new and shiny X.

People here have their motives for sounding off at me and others who insist supply will be much improved. Whatever their reasons, mine is not of hatred for Nintendo (check the Nintendo boards for how much Nintendo hardware/software I buy); I just want people who WANT these items to get them at MSRP. I absolutely don't subscribe to the scalpers here who seem hell bent on spreading the message that these will be impossible to find so they can mark up their costs and make some extra money.

Don't believe them. Just wait and you'll get one at MSRP.
I take lots of pride in getting one at MSRP. People are just too lazy to try to get one. You could have taken the day off, met up with your boss at a retail store, you could have lost your job because you got caught, camp out at other stores, contemplate suicide while in line because you lost your job and have no means to pay your bills, and you could have sat at your computer and hit F5 over and over. If you could not get one, tough luck.

There is a CL ad locally, someome is willing to trade a NIB SNES classic for a NIB NED classic. Thinking of doing this if I miss the next round, but I have the euro one already.

I take lots of pride in getting one at MSRP. People are just too lazy to try to get one. You could have taken the day off, met up with your boss at a retail store, you could have lost your job because you got caught, camp out at other stores, contemplate suicide while in line because you lost your job and have no means to pay your bills, and you could have sat at your computer and hit F5 over and over. If you could not get one, tough luck.

Once again, you're making gross assumptions about my motivations. I don't care about getting one. I got two NES Classics last year after the holidays (no problems getting them). For me, the SNES classic just isn't that big a deal. I connect far more to the NES Classic.

As a long-time CAG member, and someone who enjoys reading about videogames, I am here to put forward the message that people calm down, take a step back, and not get sucked up by you and others who keep harping on the scarcity of this item. It's WAY too early to make those sorts of statements that this will be impossible to find.

All you're doing is helping permeate the noise and anxiety, which helps no one other than scalpers who can leech off people's perceptions and fears about getting one when we're ONLY two weeks into the launch.

Again, people who want this badly should wait -- and if you can wait til after the holidays, you'll get one. Yes, do some work, but this is not the NES Classic. It won't be. It will eventually be available in stores so don't pay more than MSRP.

Once again, you're making gross assumptions about my motivations. I don't care about getting one. I got two NES Classics last year after the holidays (no problems getting them). For me, the SNES classic just isn't that big a deal. I connect far more to the NES Classic.

As a long-time CAG member, and someone who enjoys reading about videogames, I am here to put forward the message that people calm down, take a step back, and not get sucked up by you and others who keep harping on the scarcity of this item. It's WAY too early to make those sorts of statements that this will be impossible to find.
All you're doing is helping permeate the noise and anxiety, which helps no one other than scalpers who can leech off people's perceptions and fears about getting one when we're ONLY two weeks into the launch.

Again, people who want this badly should wait -- and if you can wait til after the holidays, you'll get one. Yes, do some work, but this is not the NES Classic. It won't be. It will eventually be available in stores so don't pay more than MSRP.
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Had a very interesting trip to gamestop today. Went to return an extra buddle I got and the book in the buddle I kept. Returning the two books went totally fine, but the dude seriously kept insisting it would be smarter for me to list it on ebay or find someone who would want to buy it. "People seriously want those. You could easily make at least $100" Pretty much refused to return that, so stuck with an extra one. Guess I'll list it on ebay.
My curiosity is aroused. What book? What bundle?

For anyone who still cares, I think the title of the Amazon listing was originally "Nintendo Digital Downloads/Game Trust Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition".

The title of the same listing is now just "Super NES Classic".

ebay prices just keep getting lower and lower, so its fairly different than last years nes classic situation

as far as holiday time, it could be a different story, unless nintendo surprises us all and keeps dumping a buttload out there

patience and determination will def net one at msrp, impatience and expecting to just pick one up at your own convenience will cost you

My local Bestbuy said they should be getting another order in within 2 weeks. I stood in line for my first one at Target not thinking they had a limit on them. So I did what I thought was semi fair by going back to the end of the line to get another one. They refused to sell me another one even though no one was behind me. They had at least 70 on hand according to a stocking website I used. The line maybe had 20-30 people.

I'm only posting my experience because some parent brought what I could only guess was an elementary school aged kid and was able to get 2 of them.  

ebay prices just keep getting lower and lower, so its fairly different than last years nes classic situation

as far as holiday time, it could be a different story, unless nintendo surprises us all and keeps dumping a buttload out there

patience and determination will def net one at msrp, impatience and expecting to just pick one up at your own convenience will cost you
I wouldn't risk selling this on ebay for such a small profit personally, way too many scammers on there.

At first I didn't understand why so many people make multiple preorders when they only want one, but I get it now. Preordering isn't always a guarantee. It's unfortunate that retailers can't fix this because it causes the whole process to turn into a cluster fuck. I'm sure they hate dealing with cancelled orders from people who received their unit from elsewhere and frustrated callers wondering where their unit is. I guess it is due to miscommunications between retailers and Nintendo regarding how many units they will receive? Or do they sell too many preorders because they know some will be cancelled? Because that seems like a situation that will only get worse as more people learn not to trust the process and place more preorders, just to cancel more, and then the retailers might overextend their preorders even more which makes everything worse.

What I'm wondering is why is it a problem? Can't they just take x number of preorders because Nintendo has said they will receive x number of units?

So basically it will be in short supply until after the holidays and if you want one now, you will have to pay ebay prices or put in effort. Thanks for confirming what everyone has said up to this point, Mr. Prophet. :wall:

So basically it will be in short supply until after the holidays and if you want one now, you will have to pay ebay prices or put in effort. Thanks for confirming what everyone has said up to this point, Mr. Prophet. :wall:
Hardly - may be it will be, may be it won't. Don't pick and choose what I say. The gist of my post is that it's WAY too early to confirm one way or the other, and that right now, all that we know for certain is that Nintendo IS making more and there are many other Nintendo gaming products vying for people's dollars this year - as opposed to last winter.

But heck, if you like being anxious and banging your head against a wall - go right ahead. All I'm trying to do is ease people's nerves around here. If you like paying premiums and buying from scalpers - no one's losing sleep with you burning your own money.

Hakchi your SNES now. I spent the weekend setting it up, mostly because I was seeing what games I had and getting what I wanted coughcoughcough, but it works beautifully and instantly enhances an already great thing. If nothing else, do it for that sweet reset button combo.

Hmmm, I’m worried my classic might be defective. Everyone seems to be praising the perfect emulation and bitter smooth gameplay. And I’m here playing Mega Man x with serious slowdowns every few minutes. 🤦‍♂️

Hmmm, I’m worried my classic might be defective. Everyone seems to be praising the perfect emulation and bitter smooth gameplay. And I’m here playing Mega Man x with serious slowdowns every few minutes. 🤦‍♂️
X has slow downs. Always has. If you want to see if what you're experiencing is what you should be, check some videos.

X has slow downs. Always has. If you want to see if what you're experiencing is what you should be, check some videos.
Yeah, I was watching some YouTube videos and didn’t see the slowdowns I was having but maybe mine was just having a hard time. I need to play more tonight to see.

Hakchi your SNES now. I spent the weekend setting it up, mostly because I was seeing what games I had and getting what I wanted coughcoughcough, but it works beautifully and instantly enhances an already great thing. If nothing else, do it for that sweet reset button combo.
How does it handle existing save states? I'm guessing it wipes progress made on the unhacked system but I'd like to know for sure.

How does it handle existing save states? I'm guessing it wipes progress made on the unhacked system but I'd like to know for sure.
i think you are safe. the hacking software takes a snapshot of your games and saves and copies them back over with the new games. this what i remember when i hacked my friend's nes last year. double check youtube tutorials just to be safe.

bread's done
Back