SNES game case project begins!!

Hmm I don't think he's gonna sell those for $1 a box. Maybe if it doesn't sell he'll just contact the highest bidder. Or relist with no reserve.

[quote name='Backlash']Hmm I don't think he's gonna sell those for $1 a box. Maybe if it doesn't sell he'll just contact the highest bidder. Or relist with no reserve.[/QUOTE]

..or, worst case scenario, doesn't give it to nate and doesn't relist. Now that would suck.

I just made and uploaded 4 scans to snackbar games:

Beavis and Butthead
Doom
Lawnmower Man
True Lies

I'll keep a look out for more game boxes this summer

Sorry for the question lol.. but is this what everyone is doing:
Buying cases, and printing out covers--ok--So on the main page that link thr media stuff..what exactly is that what the link takes you too?! Its a whole bunch of stuff, but what ?!

confused here :(
someone NICELY (lol) clear it up??? ive been wanting to do this for my SNES collection

[quote name='lilboo']Sorry for the question lol.. but is this what everyone is doing:
Buying cases, and printing out covers--ok--So on the main page that link thr media stuff..what exactly is that what the link takes you too?! Its a whole bunch of stuff, but what ?!

confused here :(
someone NICELY (lol) clear it up??? ive been wanting to do this for my SNES collection[/quote]

The link takes you directly to the cases we're using. "Universal Slim Combo Game" with Full Sleeve. $42 /100 cases + tax & shipping.

Might be getting ActRaiser 1 today or tomorrow-- I'll scan it for the thread.

I took RockinX's Final Fight cover, cleaned it up, and upped it to Snackbar, giving him credit. If you can reupload the other covers you did, I'll do the same.

[quote name='egrudzin']We're not dead yet!

Uploaded the Super Game Boy cover to Snackbar![/QUOTE]

Not sure if that can even fit in the case, but good work! I uploaded a Fatal Fury cover.

Ok, I uploaded the other ones I put up together (Metal Combat and Pac-Man). By the way, SMMM, did you do the Battleclash one that's on Snackbar?

[quote name='RockinX']Ok, I uploaded the other ones I put up together (Metal Combat and Pac-Man). By the way, SMMM, did you do the Battleclash one that's on Snackbar?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I thought you were dead or something. lol But thanks for doing Metal Combat and Pac-Man. I wasn't looking forward to doing those.

hmmm...looks like Metal Combat, Pac-Man 2, and the Super Gameboy covers haven't been put up yet.

anyway, I uploaded The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse.

[quote name='4tygames']Anyone have the game box to Wheel of Fortune?

I really need to get a cover for that game. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Regular or Deluxe Edition?

It is the deluxe edition. I only got the cart today at a garage sale. If you have the deluxe edition, awesome, if not, then go ahead and use the regular edition. I'm not picky :)

Dunno if its needed, but I have some extra storage space for use if anybody needs to upload anything...thats really about the only way I have to contribute, no boxes, no money :(

[quote name='SMMM']hmmm...looks like Metal Combat, Pac-Man 2, and the Super Gameboy covers haven't been put up yet.

[/QUOTE]
Weird, I uploaded them long ago :whistle2:|

[quote name='RockinX']Weird, I uploaded them long ago :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Mega Man 64 all over again... lol

I guess you should just e-mail or PM snowcone.

So I know this is a huge list but I've been following this thread and printing like crazy. Could you guys let me know if any of these will get done or if I need to start searching for these boxes myself.

SNES:
*Super Mario Land*
*Out of this World*
Uniracers
Super Empire Strikes Back
Road Runner's Death Valley Rally
Super R-Type

[quote name='Machikunas']So I know this is a huge list but I've been following this thread and printing like crazy. Could you guys let me know if any of these will get done or if I need to start searching for these boxes myself.

SNES:
*Super Mario Land*
*Out of this World*
Uniracers
Super Empire Strikes Back
Road Runner's Death Valley Rally
Super R-Type[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you mean Super Mario World. Problem with that is that it was a pack-in, and thus no box. There is a Player's Choice box out there, but it seems to be incredibly rare. And I don't have any SNES boxes coming, and nobody else is either, so start searching yourself.

I found a pretty decent resolution image of the front of the super mario box. Im trying to fix it up a little bit, as its a scan of a sealed game, so there is some reflecting light off of the wrap.

[quote name='zerofiz']I found a pretty decent resolution image of the front of the super mario box. Im trying to fix it up a little bit, as its a scan of a sealed game, so there is some reflecting light off of the wrap.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you mean the one found on this site?: http://spoonman.roarvgm.com/videogame/snes.html

Yeah, I found that a while back. Still no back or spine. They'll have to be 100% customized.

heres what Ive gotten so far if somebody wants to go behind me and touch it up some more, it could probably use it. hard to tell what it'll look like printed, I dont have a good enough printer for this sort of stuff.

Here

[quote name='zerofiz']heres what Ive gotten so far if somebody wants to go behind me and touch it up some more, it could probably use it. hard to tell what it'll look like printed, I dont have a good enough printer for this sort of stuff.

Here[/QUOTE]

Hey that looks good. The spine shouldn't be too hard to customize, and that's the most important part since that's what you see when these boxes are sitting on the shelf. Dunno about the back though.

Edit: Re: upcoming boxes, I still need to create a cover for Actraiser, for which we do have the scans. The box was pretty beat up so it'll take a good amount of work to create a nice cover and I haven't found/taken the time yet. :(

SMMM,

You don't have a box to Wheel of Fortune?

SnackBar Games is down this morning, but hopefully that GameScanner site has some scans of games we do not have covers of yet.

Link

[quote name='4tygames']SMMM,

You don't have a box to Wheel of Fortune?

SnackBar Games is down this morning, but hopefully that GameScanner site has some scans of games we do not have covers of yet.

Link[/QUOTE]

nah, I've posted all the ones I have. There's a new one on ebay though

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNES-Game-Wheel...ameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

if anyone's interested. I only have about $70 to my name right now and I need to use for um...ya know, living. And the gamescanner site is pretty good. I already made a cover out of the Mickey's Magical Quest.

I got access to my SNES game boxes now that I'm home. I'll start doing a few again based on game boxes that I have that haven't been done yet (games that I didn't find on snackbar-games)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
TMNTurtles IV
Disney's Aladdin
Killer Instinct
Stunt Race FX
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball

I'll link them here and upload them to snackbar as soon as I'm done.

[quote name='SMMM']I'm guessing you mean Super Mario World. Problem with that is that it was a pack-in, and thus no box. There is a Player's Choice box out there, but it seems to be incredibly rare. [/QUOTE]
When I was a kid, I remember seeing copies of Super Mario World that were sold without the SNES, maybe those are just rare to find nowadays.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I got access to my SNES game boxes now that I'm home. I'll start doing a few again based on game boxes that I have that haven't been done yet (games that I didn't find on snackbar-games)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
TMNTurtles IV
Disney's Aladdin
Killer Instinct
Stunt Race FX
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball

I'll link them here and upload them to snackbar as soon as I'm done.[/QUOTE]

TMNT VI, Killer Instinct, ZAMN = You are my hero

I'll need some time on TMNT Turtles In Time, because that box I got is in pretty bad shape :)

*Edit* I found some faults on the KI cover, so I fixed it and reuploaded it.

Yay now that I got some SNES games, I want to get into this project. Where can I buy cases (I only need like 10) and why are the images so huge? I mean one was like 3mb and what are the dimensions in px so I can make my own in PS?

[quote name='Riyonuk']Yay now that I got some SNES games, I want to get into this project. Where can I buy cases (I only need like 10) and why are the images so huge? I mean one was like 3mb and what are the dimensions in px so I can make my own in PS?[/QUOTE]

The reason it's so huge is because it's at a 300dpi resolution (300 dots per inch). And as anyone should know, the higher the resolution, the clearer it'll print out.

Also, uploaded "Breath of Fire".

So much for "great condition". Actraiser box was pretty crumpled but after a few hours work in Paintshop Pro it looks pretty darn good.

Actraiser uploaded to snackbar. Enjoy.

[quote name='egrudzin']So much for "great condition". Actraiser box was pretty crumpled but after a few hours work in Paintshop Pro it looks pretty darn good.

Actraiser uploaded to snackbar. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

"Darn good"? You mean...it isn't "gosh darn good"? :cry:

Hey SMMM,
What happened? Nobody bid on the boxes. I forgot all about it and when I checked, the auction was already over. :( Hopefully the seller will relist them.

[quote name='arjuna']Hey SMMM,
What happened? Nobody bid on the boxes. I forgot all about it and when I checked, the auction was already over. :( Hopefully the seller will relist them.[/QUOTE]

yeah, missed it by about a minute. =(

I emailed the seller yesterday and asked if he was going to relist though.

ALRIGHT, I got the boxes and they should be here sometime soon. Here are the ones I'll be recieving. Mucho thanks to arjuna for paying for half of it.

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f24437da00000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f25837c600000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f25fb6f100000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f26bb6c500000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f261b6cf00000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f26637f800000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

47b6d906b3127cce8b02f27e37e000000036108IcNm7Nu4Zw

I'll also be ordering a couple boxes extra from the same guy since it's free shipping. I got

-Fatal Fury 2
-Gradius III
-Pilotwings

Sound good?

bread's done
Back