So, I'm getting McDonalds for lunch today...

Kinda ironic that we're having the discussion in this thread - I just read on the tv screen in the elevator that it's "burger week".

[quote name='shieryda']Ha! So your avatar is pretty accurate then? You pounding her from behind as she's in a half-baked stupor? J/k.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I never thought about that but totally, I guess my avatar is a bit more accurate than I thought (though I just chose it because I thought it looked funny). Lol!!

I hate saying it but I don't know if I could ever date a non-stoner ever again. She's so easy going, and the relationship (thus far) is free of the conflict and drama that comes with the bar-hopper girls (the ones that'll chastize you for smoking a joint but pretend it's okay to hit the bar and get smashed).

[quote name='JaxMoney']I know, but I don't know... they're just really dry and maybe too thin IMO. Maybe if they'd make them a little thicker.[/QUOTE]

That's what I think the issue is.

Better quality being real potatoes, but they're too thin and crunchy for my taste.

Though you get way too many, the fries at Five Guys are hard to beat. Also fresh potatoes, cut in store etc.

The fries at Five Guys have so much grease on them the bag is practically see through after 2 mins. My buddy sat his to go order on the table and there was practically a puddle afterwards.

Fast food makes you feel like you need a shower afterwards.

[quote name='shieryda']Or an enema.[/QUOTE]

You're tellin me... Now if you'll just intert the nozzle right about... :booty: ...there, I think you'll feel much better. Lol!

[quote name='HDaveB']The fries at Five Guys have so much grease on them the bag is practically see through after 2 mins. My buddy sat his to go order on the table and there was practically a puddle afterwards.

Fast food makes you feel like you need a shower afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have to ask for a plastic bag to put the paper bag in if you get it to go. Otherwise you get grease all over the car, the bag gets a whole in it etc.

And yeah, fast food is pretty gross. Tasty, but gross. So I get it very infrequently.

Again if I want a burger and fries I'd rather just go to a nice sit down, local joint that has truly good burgers and fries. If I'm going to eat the calories and fat, I'd rather just spend more time and money and at least get quality calories and fat! :D

[quote name='2DMention']Five Guys is the best for burgers and fries. We finally got one in MN, in the yuppie city of Edina of all places. I agree they go way the fuck overboard on the fries, but if you pace yourself and use malt vinagar, you can finish them. I wish they offered Guacamole on their burgers. I only eat there 1-2 times a month because their fries are rated #4 most unhealthy by a magazine. You've gotta order the cajin spice on them.

We got sonic like a year ago, and I agree, their food is the worst, even by fast food standards, but their drinks are awesome! The drive-in thing is just a gimmick. How the hell can a place like make it in a state that has cold weather for half the year?[/QUOTE]

You've missed a few. There's a 5 guys in St. Cloud that's been there for over a year now and there's also one in Maple Grove.

Best burgers ever are from: Whataburger - #1 with cheese, toasted buns, grilled onions, grilled jalapenos, and mayo & keep the mustard - all the way!!! .... but it's only in Texas & 2 other states I think.

All this talk about burgers reminds me of a video. I HATE jack-in-the-crack & will NEVER eat there again, not after speding 3hrs in the restroom throwing up one night a few years back.... but this video is funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcsjRZ8559s

Last edited by a moderator:
We tried 5 guys for the first time last week. It was great but expensive. $30 for the 4 of us to eat as opposed to $20 or so at mcdonalds or burger king. The double patty burgers were good and I liked being able to pick my toppings but I almost felt they could be a little bigger.

You get what you pay for. :D

All relative to income as well I suppose. $30 for 4 people is super cheap to me as I tend to spend around that (and often more) on dinner and drinks for just myself when I eat out.

But back in college etc. spending $10-15 seemed like a lot! So I'm glad I'm past that stage of my life and have largely left fast food and worrying about price of dinners behind.

[quote name='Napegator']Best burgers ever are from: Whataburger[/QUOTE]

I went to Texas last year. Whataburger was AMAZING! In traditional "I don't give a fuck!" attitude, I got a triple meat and cheese. I mean, everything's bigger in texas right? Gotta go big! And yeah, it was awesome!

[quote name='shieryda']Red Robin supposedly has good burgers.[/QUOTE]

Try the Royal burger it comes with a fried egg on it and is surprisingly delicious.

Yeah, Red Robin is good for a national chain sit down place. Fuddruckers is ok as well. Ruby Tuesday has surprisingly good burgers now as well. Always hated that restaurant, but they changed up the menu a bit and the new burgers are solid.

[quote name='dmaul1114']You get what you pay for. :D

All relative to income as well I suppose. $30 for 4 people is super cheap to me as I tend to spend around that (and often more) on dinner and drinks for just myself when I eat out.

But back in college etc. spending $10-15 seemed like a lot! So I'm glad I'm past that stage of my life and have largely left fast food and worrying about price of dinners behind.[/QUOTE]

You're a gourmet yuppie then. When I go out with 2 friends or my parents, we average $30. We don't order appetizers, drinks, or desserts tho.

[quote name='2DMention']You're a gourmet yuppie then. When I go out with 2 friends or my parents, we average $30. We don't order appetizers, drinks, or desserts tho.[/QUOTE]

More or less I guess. I make real money and don't have or want kids, so I can afford to splurge on food and drink.

Typical dinner out with the girlfriend is entrees $15-30 a piece, maybe an appetizer at $7-12, and if it's a place with good beer I'll have a couple so that's another $5-10 a piece.

Life's short and I love good food and good drink! Having a great meal at a nice restaurant is one of my favorite things to do. Even better if paired with great micro brew and import beer, since that's another of my big hobbies.

Whataburger. Whataburger. Whataburger. Whataburger.[quote name='Chronis']I went to Texas last year. Whataburger was AMAZING! In traditional "I don't give a fuck!" attitude, I got a triple meat and cheese. I mean, everything's bigger in texas right? Gotta go big! And yeah, it was awesome![/QUOTE]That's true baller status here in Texas. Triple meat, triple cheese, grilled onions, toasted buns, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mustard. :drool: :drool:

[quote name='shieryda']Red Robin supposedly has good burgers.[/QUOTE]

there good just crazy expensive. for what you pay there you could make a better burger at home. its one of those "this bitch better put out later" places.

Red Robin is a bit pricey for burgers, but I'd hardly call it it "crazy expensive."

Most of the burgers are around $10 (like $9.79). Of course fries and drink are extra, so you're looking around $15 a person with tip etc.

Not much different than the price for similarly large burgers and order of fries to share and separate drinks at say Cheeburger, Cheeburger or other sit down joints.

Price of sit down places just can't be compared to say Five Guys as you're going to pay more for the better quality food (at the good sitdown places anyway), service etc.

Sadly, I don't have a Five Guys near me. Infact, have never seen a Five Guys in my life. When did that food chain start?

I like Friendly's to be quite honest. Great family restauraunt and I don't think the prices are that bad for a meal. You get I believe your dinner, a drink and a dessert for something like 10 bucks. (Don't ask me the true price, haven't been there in awhile and have never had to pay the price for it.).

Actually, haven't seen a Red Robin's around either or a Sonic.... Yeah, it's sad.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Sadly, I don't have a Five Guys near me. Infact, have never seen a Five Guys in my life. When did that food chain start?
[/QUOTE]

http://www.fiveguys.com/history.aspx

According to that 1986. But it's only from 2003 on that they've started franchising out of the DC metro area, so hopefully you'll get one in your neck of the woods in the future.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Red Robin is a bit pricey for burgers, but I'd hardly call it it "crazy expensive."

Most of the burgers are around $10 (like $9.79). Of course fries and drink are extra, so you're looking around $15 a person with tip etc.

Not much different than the price for similarly large burgers and order of fries to share and separate drinks at say Cheeburger, Cheeburger or other sit down joints.

Price of sit down places just can't be compared to say Five Guys as you're going to pay more for the better quality food (at the good sitdown places anyway), service etc.[/QUOTE]

for a burger and fries it is expensive especially since for alot less than that you can get a tastier combo at alot of diff places especially mom and pop joints.

Oh I agree it's expensive for a burger--just not crazy expensive.

It's a gourmet burger place. Plenty of local joints where you can get a plain old (and damn good) cheese burger with standard toppings for a lot less.

It's the toppings like egg, pineapple etc. that make places like Red Robin, Cheeburger, Cheeburger etc. great and worth the extra money to me.

But then again I'm a "gourmet yuppie." :lol: If I just wanted a tasty cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato I'd just cook it myself. When I eat out I do lean toward the gourmet as I want something better/different than what I can make myself easily.

[quote name='tcrash247']I saw a commercial for that new Taco Bell $2 meal and thought "Only one taco and a bag of Dorito's?" I'd need 3 of those meals to make me comfortable.[/QUOTE]

Lol, of course Taco Bell would give you Doritos as their "tortilla chip." I'm surprised they don't put them in their fucking nachos.

While fast food burgers are quite delish, at least from what I remember, I am on a diet good sir (or miss)! I could go for a spicy chicken club now that I think of it, mmm... What? It is chicken and it is (somewhat) healthy!

There are actually a few killer (no pun intended) burger joints in my state, but they are all rather far away. :cry:
[quote name='2DMention']This post would work better in your blog or the OTT.[/QUOTE]
I must disagree, this is a CAG's way of life. May we revel in his or her lunch from over a week ago!

[quote name='lokizz']for a burger and fries it is expensive especially since for alot less than that you can get a tastier combo at alot of diff places especially mom and pop joints.[/QUOTE]

I joked on another forum $10 burger.

That's like Burger Jones in Mpls. or Fuddruckers.

The heart attack video made me sick and I eat fast food almost every other day. Why exactly are the buns coated in lard?

[quote name='DV8']The heart attack video made me sick and I eat fast food almost every other day. Why exactly are the buns coated in lard?[/QUOTE]

Some places grill their buns with butter, Heart Attack Grill says fuck THAT we're using lard bitches!

BTW, there's not a chance in hell ANY of those waitresses/nurses have eaten at the Heart Attack Grill more than once.

8000 calorie burger, still trying to comprehend that... If every pound of fat your body stores is approximately 3500 calories, you'd gain 2 pounds from just that 1 burger...

Haha, I just looked at Wikipedia for Heart Attack Grill, apparently if you weigh over 350 lbs, you eat free.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Some places grill their buns with butter.[/QUOTE]

Culvers, baby.

I was watching a show on the Food Network (or some such station) about the best places to go for burgers. There's a place in the northeast that cooks their burgers upright in the original irons that have been around since like the 1800's. Another place (Ted's) steamed their burgers (and the cheese).

Big Boy was featured on the show, too. I wish I could remember the name of the show.

Irons place:

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/387QsrQ4RfpTflvcmQ0z2A?select=jSYV4Z9A1fHVwdJKBO_q0w

I had Culver's for the first time about a year ago. Since then, it's damn near the only fast food burger I'll eat! And their frozen custard and root beer are amazing!

[quote name='shieryda']That food show also mentioned a place up in Wombat's neck o' the woods, too, but I don't recall the name of it. I think it had the word "American" in the title, but I could be wrong.

Edit: I think this is it. Wonder if Stewart has ever eaten there?

http://allamericanhamburger.us/[/QUOTE]

My friend absolutely BUSTS for All American. Thing is, we live on the other side of LI, so I never head over there. He goes because his girlfriend is Wombat's neighbor (lol, maybe) so he's over there all the time.

As for the place with the upright irons, it's called Louis' (Louie's) Lunch. Apparently, they were the originator of the hamburger.

Oh, and the show is Hamburger Paradise. I've developed the bad habit of watching the Travel Channel's food show religiously. :lol:

Whataburger is freakin' awesome. I get the triple with cheese every time. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is about 2hrs away (Texarkana, AR) so I don't get them very often. There's Feltner's Whattaburger (note the extra T) about an hour and a quarter away (Russelville, AR) which might even beat the Whataburger chain. Again, the triple with cheese is the way to go. On top of that, if you order a "large" order of frys, there's probably enough for about 3 people. If I'm near either one, I'm stoppin' for a triple.

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried the KFC Double Down the other night. It's tasty as heck, but it needs to be on a bun. Needs to be bigger too.

My old roommate tried the Double Down a few days ago, too. He said it was glorious, and he didn't get butt ill from it, so I'll have to try it.

Yeah, I just couldn't bring myself to eat a double down. I'm not a gigantic health freak by any stretch of the imagination, but that's just too much for me. I'm also not the worlds biggest fried chicken fan, so that doesn't help. I usually go with grilled chicken for a chicken sandwich.

Usually just Chick Fil A since there's one in the foodcourt in my office building on campus. Unfortunately it's an express one so all they have is the plain chicken sandwich, nuggets and fries.

Otherwise I seldom eat chicken out as I'll grill some boneless chicken breasts at home pretty often so I'm usually sick of it.

I think the double down was all right but not worth the price. Give me a five dollar foot long sub from Subway any day over that thing.

Speaking of tasty food places anyone had Penn Station, W.G. Grinders, or Qdoba Mexican Grill?

Qdoba is alright, but didn't stand out over Baja Fresh or California Tortilla to me. I did like it better than Chipotle (too little variety in toppings) or Moe's (burrito is cold most of the time for me, don't keep their rice and beans etc. hot enough).

bread's done
Back