So today's my birthday and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpwrist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I'm 22 today.
My roommates made me birthday cookies, my girlfriend was being kinky and cute, so it started off good, then i went to work at 10.
They had me do some pretty arduous labor, then more paperwork. More errands to run in the rain. Just before it was time for me to leave my boss asks me to step in, i think this is it, she made me blondies (vanilla brownies) like i asked for...
She's at her desk with an evaluation about me, (a review if you will) that is very untrue and negative. I correct her about the work i've been doing for the past 3 weeks and that's it. I'm slightly relieved that I got a better evaluation, but isn't this the same tactic that the police use when they pull you over and you're relieved about getting a $50 fine because you may have been facing jail time for... nothing.

they totally forgot about my birthday. i've been there for 3 months now so i find that kind of inexcusable.

Please post some hilarious suggestions. Pictures of Milton from Office Space or Strell will do.

[quote name='sandrokstar']

they totally forgot about my birthday. i've been there for 3 months now so i find that kind of inexcusable.

[/QUOTE]

Boy, you are in for a surprise the next 40 years.

For what it's worth, Happy Birthday.

I forget about my own birthday. I don't expect anyone else to remember it, least of all my place of employment.

[quote name='rabbitt']I forget about my own birthday. I don't expect anyone else to remember it, least of all my place of employment.[/quote]

Ditto.

And why do you want pictures of Strell? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Maklershed']Ditto.

And why do you want pictures of Strell? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. his avatar makes me laugh?

And you thought turning 21 meant you had grown up!...today you learned a valuable life lesson..

Happy Birthday!

lol youve been there 3 months and you expect them to remember your b day? You're a noob there. Be offended after 3 years maybe..but 3 months? lol

happy birthday...

and boo-fucking-hoo about people at work forgetting your birthday. get used to it. if you want people to remember, remind them.

[quote name='Capitalizt']lol youve been there 3 months and you expect them to remember your b day? You're a noob there. Be offended after 3 years maybe..but 3 months? lol[/QUOTE]

QFT

3 months? Please, I've been with my company for 8 years and no one said Happy Birthday to me. I asked another co worker to take a job for me so I could have a lighter day because it's my birthday. His response, "Please, I don't want to hear it."

Protip: Really no one but you and maybe possibly your family (only because they feel obligated to make a big deal out of a stupid birthday) care about your birthday as you enter adulthood.

By the way, Happy birthday internet person I don't know.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']None of you guys remembered my birthday :(.

I've been here for what? 1 1/2 years?[/quote]

well I was here for 4 years and thanks to the OTT people, I was nominated for CAG villain of the year, yet I didn't get a happy bday lol :rofl:

If you want people in your work place to remember your bday, then you should either stand out in the crowd and be liked by almost everyone or get in good with the dumb secretaries in your office. They are the ones who can get the word out for ya!

I once worked on an assignment for four months, I was leaving with three others so they setup a going-away party for all our hard work and forgot to invite me. They literally forgot - they were so clannish about their group (and from the beginning I was working in a position three rows over from the rest of the people) noone thought to check the email list twice or make sure to check that I could go.

That's the kind of group they were. All around America (and Toronto) I found people professional and friendly - except for one place. Boston.

well, needless to say... i'm not pissed anymore. it only hurts because we're an office of about 5 full time employees. 3 temps, you are all right, i don't need to enforce that millenial, self-centered attitude amongst my CAGs or co-workers i just wanted some god damn brownies, that i was promised!
thanx all, off ta go drankin'.

go to sephora and sign up for the beauty insider club...you'll get a free shower gel for your birthday (up to 2 week grace period to claim your present)

[quote name='Strell']You needed to do like Micheal Scott and take donuts in yourself.

Happy birthday![/quote]

kids do that these days........they bring in cupcakes into the class to share with others to tell people it's their own birthday. oooooookkkkkkkk... :roll:

[quote name='greydemise']go to sephora and sign up for the beauty insider club...you'll get a free shower gel for your birthday (up to 2 week grace period to claim your present)[/quote]
this post is funnier than it has any right to be.

[quote name='ITDEFX']kids do that these days........they bring in cupcakes into the class to share with others to tell people it's their own birthday. oooooookkkkkkkk... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure kids did this when I was in elementary school.

[quote name='ITDEFX']kids do that these days........they bring in cupcakes into the class to share with others to tell people it's their own birthday. oooooookkkkkkkk... :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, kids always did this back in grade school. I just saw it as them wanting to celebrate with the class, no big deal, no need to get all cynical about it.

[quote name='rapsodist']Yeah, kids always did this back in grade school. I just saw it as them wanting to celebrate with the class, no big deal, no need to get all cynical about it.[/quote]

Yep. It occurred during my grade school days as well. In fact, I did that a few years, too. A reason why it is often allowed is because it's a great way to build community amongst classmates.

[quote name='ITDEFX']kids do that these days........they bring in cupcakes into the class to share with others to tell people it's their own birthday. oooooookkkkkkkk... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Dude, this has been going on for a while.

I've been working at my company for nearly 3 years now and they forget my birthday every year. And there are only 10 other people working here. If it is that big of a deal to you, drop some hints a few days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back