So What's Next? Where would you put your money in 2k8?

TripleTags

CAG Veteran
I'm thinking Lost Oddessy, NG2 of course .. but is there anything else or should I plan on playing Mass Effect as a chick?

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
Condemned 2
Too Human
Bully
GTA IV
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Huxley (is this still being made?)
Unreal III
Alan Wake (if it actually comes out this year)
Ghostbusters

Some are just rentals, but that's what I'm keeping my eye on in '08.

The only games I'm interested in at the moment are:

Lost Odyssey
MLB 2K8
Madden 08

Still need to see more on Lost Odyssey to see if it's a day one purchase, though the EB preorder bonus makes it tempting since I'd want my game as complete as possible should I buy it.

Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom. I love easy micromanagement of units in previous two games. I hope they polish the hack and slash aspect for that game.

I'm a online & singleplayer FPS nut so I'm going with:

Battlefield Bad Company
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (with SPRINT, & bullet penetration)
Unreal Tounament 3
Turok
Rogue Warrior

-Ninja Gaiden 2 (still need to play through the first one, though)
-Too Human (love Norse mythology, but I'm gonna wait and see what the final version looks like)
-Brutal Legend (the above, plus I'm a huge metalhead)
-Dead Space (zombies in outer space. Enough said.)
-UT3 (havent played any of the UT before, so thought I'd give it a shot)
-Ghostbusters (of course)

ghostbusters

tiberium (goty)

Destroy all humans 3

burnout paradise

Endwar

Frontlines fuels of war

Mercanaries 2

Starwars force unleashed

universe at war

world in conflict

Day one purchases:
Ninja Gaiden 2
Rainbow 2 (Really? You'll be able to sprint?)
DMC4

I'll wait for more info on others for 360..

Ninja Gaiden 2 is the only thing I plan on making time for other than Live Arcade Downloads. Hopefully Rez will be out on Live in 08.

Condemned 2 and Bully sound interesting. GTA4, Saints row 2 and Rock Band 2 (If it comes out next year) Also sound good. I'll rent all of them first, Maybe with the exception of Rock Band 2.

Picking up Burnout Paradise and DMC 4 in the beginning of the year...dont like getting ahead of myself as release dates tend to change ang games get delayed...also don't like buying games sight unseen.

These two look like gems...now which platform for DMC4? 360 is the defacto console unless the ps3 version is that much better.

nothing for now, got such a backlog from this fall i need to slow down. but i may go back and pick up so older titles for cheap if i double agent ever drops for 20 or under. crackdown is tempting me now.

as for future games, i think i wanna get away from fps for a while.

bully (if the visuals are revamped)
gta4
and maybe DMC4 (which would be my first DMC game)

College Hoops 2K9, NHL 09, and Fallout 3. And I don't know if it counts (since it's been out in Europe and Japan) but Pro Evo 2008, too.

Until the demo, Burnout Paradise. That won't be happening now.

A big maybe on Turok. The only one I'm 100% buying on day one at this point is Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

I really do hope alan wake turns out great... it should... hopefully.

other than that, it's Ninja Gaiden II and GTAIV unless I hear the PS3 version is slightly better.

Alan Wake (pending if it comes out..)
Fable 2
Devil May Cry 4
Lost Odyssey
Too Human
GTA IV
Ninja Gaiden 2
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Unreal Tournament III
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Heist
Halo Wars
Tiberium
Fallout 3
Dead Space
Prototype
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

I'm probably forgetting some, but that's what's on my radar next year. There will be a ton more I'm sure. Half of those are rentals.

GTAIV is the only release-date purchase for me so far. I'm going to wait on reviews for Lost Odyssey and Fable 2, and a little more information on Ghostbusters.

GTA IV
Saints Row 2
Mercenaries 2
Alan Wake

Those are the highest on my wants list, games very likely to be Day One purchases (GTA IV already is since I preordered it from Liongames a while back) Other games that I'll probably pick up at some point (maybe by 2009 when the price has dropped) include Burnout: Paradise, Fable 2, Too Human, and DMC4.

I've still got plenty of games from this year to get to, like Orange Box and Mass Effect (just started ME, only about an hour in) and even older titles like Gears and Dead Rising. No shortage of great games for me to play, now if I could just make the time to get to them all.

The new Star Wars game looks promising. Overall '08 looks like a big letdown compared to '07. Maybe some of the games with an iffy release schedule will actually come out.

GTA IV
UT3
Burnout Paradise
Halo Wars
Next NFS game(just for kicks)
Gears of War 2(if it comes out)
MGS4(If they ever decide to make it for X360)
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Any amazing interesting game that comes out in 2008

So many games... Damn I need a job.

Brütal Legend
Probably R6:2, EndWar and Halo Wars - not because I'm super-hyped about them, but because my friends will get them
Maybe Burnout (not impressed by the demo)
Maybe Lost Odyssey (like the style of the game - but actual gameplay looks questionable)

Catching up on from '07:
Mass Effect
NHL '08
Overlord
Ace Combat

Sorry to be off topic, since I can't post a new thread yet:roll:

Anyone have a list of "old" games they recommend for the xbox 360?

bread's done
Back