So who else didn't get a 360?

I didn't get one for two reasons. First off nothing really makes me feel like I need to get one at the moment. Second I'll wait for a nice price drop, that way I can get the system and some games without spending $500.

[quote name='bdgskarulz']Is it worth waiting 6 months to save 50 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is worth waiting six months to only pay retail versus some inflated online auction price. I wasn't about to camp out overnight in freezing rain for a chance at buying one on launch day. Owning this system on day one wasn't that important to me. If the launch software was better, I might feel differently.

I had one pre-ordered at Gamerush but had to cancel it because I had to use the money to get some work done on my car so I guess I will be getting one eventually but not right now.

This should be classified in the Sour Grapes Section. "I didn't get one because 360 SUXORS" or PS3 RULEZ!!! Why can't you fanboys just say 'I don't want it' and leave it at that? Don't justify not getting one by flaming the system. It's damn good, and will only get better. Thats what real gamers think!

I agree that some people who pre-ordered got screwed, but not because Microsoft is holding back. Because they are releasing in near simultaneously around the world. Guarantee Japan has the PS3 6 months before America and 12 Months in Europe. Thats aggressive!

Next time, pre-order it well in advance. I will the first day EBGames announces the PS3 and the Revolution.

I was excited about the system but couldn't get one. Mondays I have class until 9:40 at night and all of the places I called already had more people in line than systems. Heck I called Meijer at noon and they already had a line (people waiting 12 hrs for the system). My friend ended up having to wait from 4pm monday to 9 am at Best Buy to get one. No videogame is worth standing outside for 17 hrs... I'll pick one up as soon as I can but I won't settle for the rip off core bundle.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought it was implied that I meant the TV commercials with my comment but I guess not.

I'm talking about the "Jump In" crap they are showing on TV to advertise. Unless you know what the Xbox 360 is you don't even know what they are advertising. Plus the commercials are just stupid.[/QUOTE]

When the commercial was first posted here on CAG I too was simpleminded and thought what the fuck. If you've read MS's intent and how there marketing not only as a gaming sysytem, but a place for people to gather, the commercials make perfect since. I think the commercials are innovative and apply the the product being sold. So many advertisements stray from this. Maybe you should check out the following:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75199

Though you don't see the typical gamer sitting on the couch playing a game, you do see a group interacting by jump roping, water balloon fighting, etc. emphasizing the next gen in gaming which is online, "community", play. This is what Xbox is all about and they've proven it with LIVE. Good luck topping this online beast SONY....hahahahahahaha.

I had my Premium 360 on Pre-Order @ GAMERUSH since 8/25/05 and even had put $ 200.00 down - I was #8 out of 10 pre-orders the store did. I found out on MON that they were not going to fill my pre-order. I decided to camp out @ the local CompUSA GoodGuys store beginning 6 PM PST and ended up getting 1 out of 6 Premium 360's (I ended up being #3 in line). Luckily security shut down the waiting line (called it loittering) and CompUSA was foced to pass out coupon at that juncture. This was 12:01 AM 11/22. - So in all I waited 6 hrs. in line - and then went home to get some rest, returned @ 7:00 AM to pick it up. Other than the nuiscance to force-bundle w/2games and 2accessories this was an all around smooth transaction. A big fuck you to GameRush though - I won't ever deal with them again - not because they were short but in how they treated me in the ordeal!

I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here, too:

I've had a hard time thinking of a good video game analogy for the 360 and why I don't feel so inclined to buy one until a massive price drop (which I know will take ages). The best I can come up with is I need the 360 like I needed a Gameboy Color while owning an original Game Boy; yeah, there are exclusive titles, but a technology improvement alone a buyer makes me not.

I didn't even attempt to pick one up.

#1 - I can't afford one

#2 - I still have too much to play on PS2 and Xbox

#3 - I'm probably going to wait for some better titles or price drops

I celebrated the 360 launch by drinking a beer, playing my Atari for shits and grins, and feeling the lack of a $400 hole in my bank account.

However, I did get a few kickass games out of the Sam Goody sale.

[quote name='Number83']This should be classified in the Sour Grapes Section. "I didn't get one because 360 SUXORS" or PS3 RULEZ!!! Why can't you fanboys just say 'I don't want it' and leave it at that? Don't justify not getting one by flaming the system. It's damn good, and will only get better. Thats what real gamers think![/QUOTE]

Amazing. This man has traveled around the world, surveyed millions of people, and has brought back conclusive evidence of what "real gamers" think. Only a man with extreme dedication, and journalistic integrity could delve so deeply into the minds of "real gamers." I surely hope this man posts again, and let's us all know just exacty what millions of other people that he has never met before in his life are thinking at any given moment.

[quote name='joevan']I thought there were neat - if they were only advertising something other than a a console targeted at males ages 13 to 34 ;)[/QUOTE]

The commericals remind me of the "get out and play" commercials that were showing awhile ago to get kids to quit watching tv, playing video games, and things like that :lol:

[quote name='j.elles']Well. It taught me to do what someone at work did. Go around an hour or so after they start selling at midnight and pick one up. He got one just fine no waiting. And if you have a hd. Look at PDZ and some of those videos again. Excellent quality. Plus live should be fantasic.
Basically FPS Racing Sports. And of course Kameo the Adventure/Brawler looks good, around 7-8.5 is the range of scores for thar game. Are the genre reasons to get the system.[/QUOTE]

I just not convinced that these games would not have been possible with the current generation of games. Obviously HD support would not be there, but how much of a graphical improvement do we need?

That being said...I saw the line and turned around.

[quote name='Eviltude']

I bolded that one part of chris' quote to tell him this: You'll only be happy while your there, then when you get home you'll be pissed your not there for the last 2 months. lol[/QUOTE]

I know, the first time I went to Vegas, and came back home the only thing I could think about was going back. I absolutely love Las Vegas.

Its a whole new thing, trust me. NFS is just awesome. I stood in line for 13 and 1/2 hours at best buy, i was number 4 in line it was raining and like 35 degrees. People were nice, i could leave for an hour or so and everybody new what numer i was. There was no chaos or anything. It was pretty cool but i dont plan on doing it again, it takes a toll on your body when you dont sleep for more than 24 hours straight. Im still tired!!! It was worth it...

the xbox fairy has been good to me. 3 preorders are in route to my place. but since i couldn't get verification of them until today, i camped out at walmart and my mom went to comp usa. i got a premium and my mom got a core. now i have a full credit card and a mountain of hardware. i'll be posting auctions soon startin at .01 cent.

I feel like the issue here is the satisfaction that alot of xbox 360 buyer get from acquring the system. It's defenitely worth for them since many has stand for hours inline to get the system and see LOT of people trying to get it but don't... the 'perceived value' of the 360 and their launch games.. defenitely shoot up a high notch with all the effort to get to play the game.. i say whoever got 'em enjoy them..... for other don't hate :) for me.. i'll wait until a price drop (wayyy drop) before I get it.. since i have tons of back-log cheapass game to be played (or even open) haha

I didnt even try because I just dont see the need to get one now,
there aren't any really must have games and while I could definetely afford to get one, it would destroy my wallet,
I also really hate the bundles that systems are almost always sold in at launch, just give me the damn system and the game(s) I want, not all the other useless shit that they usually come with

I'm picking one up for sure for halo 3 when it comes out, and I'm sure there'll be at least a few excellent games by then
If I can get it earlier though, then I will because I'm actually really looking forward to the new xbox live interface

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Amazing. This man has traveled around the world, surveyed millions of people, and has brought back conclusive evidence of what "real gamers" think. Only a man with extreme dedication, and journalistic integrity could delve so deeply into the minds of "real gamers." I surely hope this man posts again, and let's us all know just exacty what millions of other people that he has never met before in his life are thinking at any given moment.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I could, but I'm not going to match wits with an unarmed man. I'm too busy playing Perfect Dark Zero. But keep posting and in no time, you'll get your 360 and then you can start a post about how were first in line in at Wal-Mart but changed your mind and you didn't get a PS3.

Well, you can add me to the list as well. I have finally given up on finding one now. I'll wait till the second wave of systems comes out. I checked over 12 stores and waited at a Sears that never got their shipment of 8 systems (what a joke).

Anyhow, there really aren't any games that I'm dying to play but getting caught up in the chase was fun and disappointing at the same time.

I didnt even flinch to get off my ass and find one. I'm thinking I'll just continue to sit on my ass until next summer. There will be mountains of them!

I waited for the PS2 and the XBox to the point where I picked up a new XBox just three months ago and a used PS2 last month.

I love the features on the 360 and what it could be capable of, but I really want to wait until the Premium bundle drops in price to around $300 or less to really start considering the system in any way, shape, or form. That'll give Marketplace plenty of time to expand while more games come out.

Personally, Marketplace is shaping up to everything I wished Live Arcade could have been so I'm really hoping that more publishers really jump upon multiplayer Live co-op on new titles as well as classic titles.

[quote name='Number83']This should be classified in the Sour Grapes Section. "I didn't get one because 360 SUXORS" or PS3 RULEZ!!! Why can't you fanboys just say 'I don't want it' and leave it at that? Don't justify not getting one by flaming the system. It's damn good, and will only get better. Thats what real gamers think!

I agree that some people who pre-ordered got screwed, but not because Microsoft is holding back. Because they are releasing in near simultaneously around the world. Guarantee Japan has the PS3 6 months before America and 12 Months in Europe. Thats aggressive!

Next time, pre-order it well in advance. I will the first day EBGames announces the PS3 and the Revolution.[/QUOTE]

I know this is an old thread, but I was reading and thinking the exact same thing.
Isn't it simply amazing how a system that hasn't even launched yet, is so much better and tons more fun than one that has?

Well, you guys know what? The next Nintendo console after the Rev is going to kick the shit out of the PS3! Same logic, and makes about as much sense.
Play the games, and be damn glad we have the competition of consoles that we are about to have.
It's only going to get better.

bread's done
Back