So Who is Getting Rage Next Week?

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!
Man, this is a tough one for me. I've been excited about Rage for years, and now it is finally here. Any other year, I would have that puppy on Amazon preorder, but now it is a fight between instant gratification and logic.

Logic tells me to freaking wait. The price drops on these new releases are occuring so fast that Rage will likely be $40 dollars even before Black Friday. I can't find any deals on this game either.

Anyone gonna pony up $60 bucks next week for Rage?

I'm getting it right away. :) But Newegg's preorder for $43 is pretty much the whole reason; otherwise I would have waited for a price drop. Looks like a really cool game.

Rage seems to have a larger single player aspect than a multiplayer one, that said it is more likely to drop in price sooner than most titles of it's kinda. while it may not be $9.99 by Christmas, I do see a price drop shortly after MW3 hits the shelves...plus I mentioned in earlier RAGE posts the preorder incentives don't seem like exclusives but more like early unlocks or something more trivial than that.

I'm going to wait despite being so amped for RAGE earlier this year...besides, Dungeons Defenders is coming out a week after and my copy of Gears finally arrived.

It's a tough call for me too.
I really want to pick this up but am unsure which version to get and how long to wait for a price drop.
The 360 version on 3 discs is annoying to me but most of my friends use XBL. Of course the MP seems limited.
On the other hand, the PS3 version is on one :br: but I'm sure it's been gimped either intentionally by Id or by the PS3s own hardware specs.
I have both versions on preorder at Amazon with the $10 bonus on a defunct CC, which will delay shipping long enough to hopefully make my decision.

[quote name='Vader582']It's a tough call for me too.
I really want to pick this up but am unsure which version to get and how long to wait for a price drop.
The 360 version on 3 discs is annoying to me but most of my friends use XBL. Of course the MP seems limited.
On the other hand, the PS3 version is on one :br: but I'm sure it's been gimped either intentionally by Id or by the PS3s own hardware specs.
I have both versions on preorder at Amazon with the $10 bonus on a defunct CC, which will delay shipping long enough to hopefully make my decision.[/QUOTE]

1st - 2 discs is purely for campaign on the 360, the 3rd disc is for multiplayer (apparently), PS3 version has 1 disc because Sony allowed id to put their game on a bluray or something which they don't normally do for games (often)...i dont know how it would be gimped though. the articles on joystiq are pretty decent on what's on the discs and why.

it's really just timing, too many triple A titles coming out within weeks of each other all near the holidays.

Me, me, oh... and that guy I always see in front of the mirror. I'm pretty sure he's buying it too. In all seriousness I need a break from Gears so I've got to buy at launch. Since X-Men: Destiny is more or less a bargain bin purchase it's between this, Gears and Skyrim to keep me preoccupied for the rest of the year. Hoping for the best but naturally expecting the worse. Let's hope we don't run into any game breaking glitches the first week.

Screw it, I'm waiting. lol I've been good this month and not bought any new releases, but I can't justify full price when these games show up used on Gamefly for 9.99 less than 6 months later!

Battlefield 3 and Skyrim will definitely be day one buys for me and that's $120 bucks right there. Oct. 25 will be here before I know it. It's kinda sad because the gaming industry is putting out so many AAA titles now, but sales are bond to be horrendous. Who can afford to buy them all?

I thought I'd be convinced that this will be day 1 for me plus the $10 credit at Amazon, but I thought it was only single player and there was only online co-op, no competitive. I'll have to look and make sure.

EDIT: Oh the multiplayer racing part is what it is, sounds kind of lame and out of place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it on preorder from amazon, I do want it, but I've got a backlog so I just don't need to drop 60 on a single player game that will probably drop in price in 3 months or so. It's definitely at the top of my radar, it looks like a single player Borderlands which is fine with me.
I totally don't mind 3 disks, I don't care about GoW or BF, and I'm on the fence on Skyrim - I could see the appeal of Oblivion but it was just too much for me.

[quote name='hustletron']I thought I'd be convinced that this will be day 1 for me plus the $10 credit at Amazon, but I thought it was only single player and there was only online co-op, no competitive. I'll have to look and make sure.[/QUOTE]
There is competitive multiplayer, but if I understand correctly, it focuses on the racing and vehicular combat aspect of the game, it's not a Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch like you'd expect.

Even though I know that Dark Souls is going to consume all my time, can't bring myself to cancel Rage.

Thanks to credit (LA Noire+Bing) I'm getting it for $35.

Not saying it's a bad game but I don't see what the big deal is. It looks like just another first person shooter to me.

I was going to grab it day 1 when I thought it had Borderlands style RPG aspects. Now that I know it doesn't, I'm waiting for it to hit $20.

[quote name='matrix9280']Not saying it's a bad game but I don't see what the big deal is. It looks like just another first person shooter to me.[/QUOTE]
I think the Co-op is a big thing for many of us. Thats the main reason I will pick it up.

[quote name='matrix9280']Not saying it's a bad game but I don't see what the big deal is. It looks like just another first person shooter to me.[/QUOTE]

Because those of us who actually played Quake and Doom know that this is the most recent game since the last Quake.

[quote name='hustletron']Because those of us who actually played Quake and Doom know that this is the most recent game since the last Quake.[/QUOTE]

:applause: If you say so.

I get around $10 off for my employee discount and I have $20 in Reward Zone certificates so I'll most definitely be picking it up for under $25 out of pocket. I wouldn't mind seeing some reviews though as I'm a little skeptical on the lack of character building (in terms of stats and what not).

I also have it preorder from Amazon with RDD along with NBA 2K12... I was on the fence about day 1 but decided to go ahead and hop in for the single player and then sell it off before BF3 and MW3 release.

The TRU deal isn't bad next week.
Free $10 gc (Tuesday only) and free game guide ($20 value). I wonder if they will have the Anarchy Edition?

I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and cannot wait. Even a few friends of mine are interested in it also. But one buddy of mine is misinformed about the game and keeps telling the rest of us not to get it because apparently even the devs don't know that this game has no multiplayer.

[quote name='100xp']PS3 version has 1 disc because Sony allowed id to put their game on a bluray or something which they don't normally do for games (often)....[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? All PS3 games are on Blu Ray.

[quote name='evanft']What the hell are you talking about? All PS3 games are on Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/25/rage-requires-3-discs-on-xbox-360-8gb-install-on-ps3-tolerance/

- Quote -

Rage will span three discs on Xbox 360 and require an 8GB install on PS3, id Software creative director Tim Willits has confirmed. It was rumored that Rage would have a large install and multiple discs on 360, but it seemed as if id was leaning toward a slim-and-trim two-disc set, stating that a separate multiplayer disc-swap would be "fail." id didn't have to pick a disc number for the PS3 version of Rage, effectively utilizing the Blu-ray drive to hold all of the game's gigs, something that Willits seemed very pleased about:

"Sony was great," Willits said. "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."

- - -

Honestly, not too sure what he's talking about. Maybe PS3 has some sort of GB cap for their games? I dunno.

Still unsure about getting this for Xbox. If installed I wonder if it will look just as good as the PS3 version.

[quote name='Nealocus123']"Sony was great," Willits said. "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."

- - -

Honestly, not too sure what he's talking about. Maybe PS3 has some sort of GB cap for their games? I dunno.[/QUOTE]
I think Sony allowed them to do a larger mandatory HDD install than is typically allowed. There's nothing special about the BD that the game is on.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think Sony allowed them to do a larger mandatory HDD install than is typically allowed. There's nothing special about the BD that the game is on.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, that makes more sense.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think Sony allowed them to do a larger mandatory HDD install than is typically allowed. There's nothing special about the BD that the game is on.[/QUOTE]

This sounds right.

That's exactly how I read it.

All of this is moot to me since I'm just gonna get the PC version, anyway. :booty:

I have it pre-ordered... along with NBA 2K12, depending on which one gets the better reviews and such I think I'll cancel the other. Odds are though I'll go with Rage, unless reviews suck, and cancel 2k12 since it's usually always around $30 for black friday.

250px-Lana.png

Nope.

i was thinking about it. imo rage should of launched ove rthe summer if it was ready or bump the release to about jan. just to many games this season and i bet this one is goign to get lost in it.

[quote name='matrix9280']:applause: If you say so.[/QUOTE]

You probably thought RTCW was 'just another shooter' too.

I can get it from Amazon for 40 cuz of the credit from Gears, but I don't think the $10 credit for preordering is worth it. Probably gonna wait.

thanks for clearing up the bluray mandatory disc install comment.

the game looks pretty sweet, major nelson's review on the xbox dashboard looks promising. I think i'd still get it just to see the new graphics engine render in real time etc.

[quote name='100xp']the game looks pretty sweet, major nelson's review on the xbox dashboard looks promising. I think i'd still get it just to see the new graphics engine render in real time etc.[/QUOTE]

Thiiiiiiiiiisssss. The Insider Moves tips vid was equally exceptional. I can't wait. If it has Fallout RPG elements and exploration embedded in Borderlands gun mechanics I will be satisfied.

Honestly I think a lot of people are going into this expecting heavy RPG elements, just because the setting is superficially similar to Fallout and Borderlands. They've shown "town" areas with non-hostile NPCs, and selecting different ammo types for your weapons, and... that's it. I don't think Rage is aiming to be any more of an RPG than, say, BioShock was.

So this game doesn't have like a real co-op mode right? It's a single player game with a separate co-op experience?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Honestly I think a lot of people are going into this expecting heavy RPG elements, just because the setting is superficially similar to Fallout and Borderlands. They've shown "town" areas with non-hostile NPCs, and selecting different ammo types for your weapons, and... that's it. I don't think Rage is aiming to be any more of an RPG than, say, BioShock was.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree, I'm exepecting an FPS with some RPG-esque elements, not the other way around. Also of course the awesome graphics engine and a decent story.

[quote name='Trakan']So this game doesn't have like a real co-op mode right? It's a single player game with a separate co-op experience?[/QUOTE]

From what I read there's co-op but it's a spin off sort of story from the main single player story.

bread's done
Back