Socom 3 beta testers

[quote name='FoeHammer']wow...i have been a member of PSU for about 3 or 4 years now (had checked the beta testing box since i started) and this is my first invite...

What fucking beta test box!!???[/QUOTE]

they asked me when I registered for PS2 Online.....

Got the invite this morning, but was unable to accept, it kept telling me that the offer had ended. Wtf. Was looking forward to this, too. >_

Damn, Got the invite but was on vacation so missed getting in.
Was looking forward to this one.

Hopefully something better than 25 to Life comes down the pipe soon.

First time ever in 3 years that I get an invite and im too late. I got the email on Friday and didnt check it till Sunday, it was full. :(

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Yeah, I got into this. No confirmation e-mail yet, but I checked Beta Central and everything and it says I'm in.[/QUOTE]

what's beta central?

EDIT: i just went to playstation.com and it says i'm participating in it as well...guess that's what you mean

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Yeah, I got into this. No confirmation e-mail yet, but I checked Beta Central and everything and it says I'm in.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Just as a side note - anyone know if the XBox wireless adapter thingie will work with the PSTwo? Or is it only doable on the XB? I'd love to move my PSTwo into the same room as my XB...

look like I'm confirmed on the website, waiting for my confirmation email.

[quote name='Murcielago77']ive been in this playstation underground, and gamers advisory panel, for like 3 damn years, and i havent gotten shit[/QUOTE]
They know your 14. Sony is like: "He won't tell us why whats wrong with out beta. All he cares about is his sack lunch." They know you wont' put your heart into it.

[quote name='Murcielago77']ive been in this playstation underground, and gamers advisory panel, for like 3 damn years, and i havent gotten shit[/QUOTE]

yea, this is my first in 3 or 4 years as well...

got the e-mail :)

I am in the beta test according to the site and the first email, but I also am still waiting for the confirmation email.

I'm a beta tester...but I'm not going to play it. I was ranked pretty fucking high in the original SOCOM; but then I started playing PC FPS and tried to get into SOCOM 2 and i realized just how freaking bad the PS2 controller is for an FPS.

[quote name='organicow']Same here. Just as a side note - anyone know if the XBox wireless adapter thingie will work with the PSTwo? Or is it only doable on the XB? I'd love to move my PSTwo into the same room as my XB...[/QUOTE]

AS long as it uses an Ethernet (the cord that looks like a oversized phone cord) it should work.
I just logged into my GAP account to update some stuff and what do i notice:
"There is an error with your email address."
I figure I missed about 3 Betas off of AOL's shitty email. At least any thing else will be sent to my Gmail account

I'm lucky I guess. I've had my PS2 registered for slightly less than a year, didn't participate on Underground's community, but I was invited to GAP two months ago. The same week I was invited into 25 to Life beta. (Had the damnedest time trying to even get into a game, and even then it was terrible. Nothing so buggy, just bad) Then this week got invited into SOCOM3. I haven't had any experience with the other two, so hopefully I don't get schooled.

I wish it was this easy to get in good with Nintendo. I can't stand the people on their forums, so I have no chance of reaching Sage level.

Also, the Xbox wireless adapter will work with anything as long as it's already configured via the Xbox. You'll probably have to reboot it (just pull out the power plug and plug it back in) when you switch it to the PS2. If you want to add WPA-security and web-based configuration (still can be configured straight from the Xbox, too), there's a hack out. Be sure you know what you're doing, though!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13360873

Got my copy today. Left work early (sick) and caught up with the UPS guy. Just have to figure out what to do next.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Hook us up with the impressions.[/QUOTE]

I got my copy today... came w/ a disc and a piece of paper w/ instructions printed on it. I like how you can add scopes and stuff to your weapons. I had 5 kills and 1 death in the first game that I played. It's alright, not great. Graphics are really grainy but it's okay.

Still waiting on mine. Good to know I'm not the only one, at least; figured I'd missed the UPS man or something. The disadvantages of living in a walk-up...

i got mine today :D it came in the packaging like pootie said...at first i thought it was gonna be a box, but it was just a flat cardboard envelope

will probably be on later tonight

I got mine just now as well - I won't be playing until later on or maybe even tomorrow. But I'll definitely be rockin' it a good bit tomorrow.

See you on the other side, biatches!!

played about an hour of it...the interface and everything is awesome, IMO...the only gripe i have is that the graphics are so "gritty" that it makes me dizzy when i play too long...

bread's done
Back