SOCOM: Confrontation *General Discussion Thread*

[quote name='smiggity'][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Today, I wanted to give you the first glimpse of SOCOM Awards and PSN Trophies.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is a very big addition to the game and one we are really excited about. In-game, you can see all of the SOCOM Awards by going to Records and then Awards from the main menu. We have three different types; performance, service and weapons.[/FONT]

image.axd

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is one of my favorite awards. As you can see, we display both the progress towards achieving each part of the award as well as what type of PSN trophy the award will unlock (Bronze, Silver or Gold) shown by an icon. Awards which have multiple criteria will show you progress for each criteria. It takes 8 full working days under controlled conditions for SCEA QA to collect all of the trophies in the game. SOCOM: Confrontation is not going to be one of those "easy trophies" games.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]One more note, you can only collect trophies by playing in ranked games. We want the trophies in SOCOM: Confrontation to really mean something.[/FONT]

image.axd

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We will have more details regarding the SOCOM: Confrontation trophies in a PlayStation.blog post. We will link it here once it goes live.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Seth Luisi[/FONT][/quote]

Thats stupid, I dont want to buy a game for trophies that are only givin to like 2 people. And it is really hard to get a ranked game, come on not all of us our pros!

[quote name='metaly']You could always play the game because you enjoy the gameplay and not worry about the trophies. Just don't tell anyone.[/quote]

Open your copy!!

I kinda do wish there was an offline/single player mode... I guess to sort stuff on my own and get all the weapons. As well as getting to know those weapons.

[quote name='smiggity']Open your copy!![/quote]

:lol:

I keep meaning to do that, I've just been booked lately. Hopefully I'll finally get to it this weekend.

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 Update Features (Part 6) Posted by Seth Luisi

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Quick Match/Parties are a go for 1.30.

While we were finishing up the SOCOM Awards and PSN Trophy implementation, we were also working in parallel on the Quick Match/Party features of SOCOM: Confrontation. Since the awards and trophies took a little longer than expected to fully implement and test, we had time to finish the Quick Match/Party systems and they will now be included in the 1.30 patch.
[/FONT]
image.axd
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
The Quick Match option has been added to the SOCOM: Confrontation main menu. Once you select quick match you are taken to the party screen where you can invite other players to join your party. On the party screen, you can chat with your party while you are waiting for everyone to join. Once everyone has joined, select join game and your party is matched with other players of similar skill. For the 1.30 update, you can select from 3 different game types for the quick match; 16x16 Ranked, 16x16 Unranked and 16x16 Respawn. All large maps and game modes are available and the playlists are selected at random.

We plan on making improvements to the Quick Match/Party system in future SOCOM: Confrontation updates, including smaller games and smaller maps as our priority. We look forward to the consumer feedback once you get a chance to try the system out.

Regards,

Seth Luisi
Director of Development
Sony Computer Entertainment America
[/FONT]

Well /6 is certainly busting their ass to get features out. Its too bad it only works for 16x16 games for now, since I normally never play them.

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
The Quick Match option has been added to the SOCOM: Confrontation main menu. Once you select quick match you are taken to the party screen where you can invite other players to join your party. On the party screen, you can chat with your party while you are waiting for everyone to join. Once everyone has joined, select join game and your party is matched with other players of similar skill. For the 1.30 update, you can select from 3 different game types for the quick match; 16x16 Ranked, 16x16 Unranked and 16x16 Respawn. All large maps and game modes are available and the playlists are selected at random.

We plan on making improvements to the Quick Match/Party system in future SOCOM: Confrontation updates, including smaller games and smaller maps as our priority. We look forward to the consumer feedback once you get a chance to try the system out.

Regards,

Seth Luisi
Director of Development
[/FONT]

Well /6 is certainly busting their ass to get features out. Its too bad it only works for 16x16 games for now, since I normally never play them.[/QUOTE]

Any improvements to the party system will be great. I have tried a few times this week to get on with some CAGs and we have had bad luck. Rooms fill before you can get there or you sit and wait for a someone to play against. It still is an amazing game and I am excited for any improvements that come in the future because they will only make the experience that much better.

quick match is awesome to hear. I hated looking for a room then looking for a game blah blah. makes it so much quicker (I hope) also hopefully to get smaller games available too b/c I usually like to play 8v8

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 Update Features (Part 7)
Posted by Seth Luisi
Today, I would like to update you on some of the odds and ends within the 1.30 update.

First, I wanted to mention that the 1.30 update contains fixes for over 100 issues; some big and some small. We've been very busy fixing as many issues as possible in addition to adding the new features contained within the 1.30 update. The 1.30 update is more stable than 1.20, has a lot of the framerate/lag hitches fixed and many gameplay issues resolved. This update should resolve a good number of issues which players are experiencing.

I also wanted to share the following screenshot with you.

image.axd

We've added the room name and game name to the PSN presence data. I should note, this implementation is not perfect. Unfortunately, the PSN only allows 21 characters for the presence data. When you have long room names and long game names the text will be clipped at 21 characters. This is a limitation of the PS3 SDK/System Software and there is nothing we can do about it. We are petitioning the team at SCEI to allow more characters for the presence data but there is no guarantee that they will accept our request and even if they did it would require a PS3 firmware update and would not be done for several months. We are looking at adding this presence data and allowing you to join your friends' games directly from the friends list within SOCOM: Confrontation in a future SOCOM: Confrontation update.

One last thing, some players right fully pointed out that the Lefty control config was still incorrect in the screenshot we provided in a previous 1.30 Update blog post. Here's the correct screenshot :).

image.axd

Regards,

Seth Luisi
Director of Development

Sounds like good news to me. :D

Thanks for the game last night CAGs. My system was acting really weird. My headset kept losing communications with the ps3. I could see that people were talking but it wasn't coming through my head set. If I shut it off and turned it back on it would work again. I was also experiencing lag in most of the rooms we were in. Finally my whole game locked up and I had to shut down the console. It still is way more fun than something like Far Cry 2's multiplayer and last night was the first time I've experienced any type of lag at all. It was really cool watching Lethal God being behind 1 to 3 and taking them all down to win the round.

[quote name='Cigarl']Thanks for the game last night CAGs. My system was acting really weird. My headset kept losing communications with the ps3. I could see that people were talking but it wasn't coming through my head set. If I shut it off and turned it back on it would work again. I was also experiencing lag in most of the rooms we were in. Finally my whole game locked up and I had to shut down the console. It still is way more fun than something like Far Cry 2's multiplayer and last night was the first time I've experienced any type of lag at all. It was really cool watching Lethal God being behind 1 to 3 and taking them all down to win the round.[/quote]

Yeah dude Lethal you are pretty sick out there. Far Cry 2 multiplayer is such a joke man. I got off at like 6am and it looked like we still had some CAGs on Socom. The legend slowly grows.....

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah dude Lethal you are pretty sick out there. Far Cry 2 multiplayer is such a joke man. I got off at like 6am and it looked like we still had some CAGs on Socom. The legend slowly grows.....[/quote]

Sorry I didn't join you guys but was watching Blu-rays with the wife and then had to finish up some work. I really need to get back to this game because it's been like 2+ weeks since I loaded it up.

[quote name='woodcan']Sorry I didn't join you guys but was watching Blu-rays with the wife and then had to finish up some work. I really need to get back to this game because it's been like 2+ weeks since I loaded it up.[/quote]

Yeah I figured I would give you the heads up last night. Its been a while since you joined I was starting to think you got rid of it.

[quote name='smiggity']Very good indeed. You can add Tuesday @ 10 to the schedule as a side night TMK[/quote]

Hell, my arse will be on every night probably! I'll bring that biatch to work and play too. xD

I'll soooooooo gladly welcome any update to make it easier to invite friends too. I mean, christ I had no clue. I suppose I've been spoiled by the 360 a little. Speaking of which, I haven't turned my 360 on since getting this game. Sayin a lot coming from me, trust me. lol

Anyone know when the 1.30 patch is coming out? They've been teasing it for about a month, apparently. I just bought this game off of ebay so hopefully the patch comes out by the time I get it in the mail.

you may be in luck.. I think it's very close, hopefully before christmas. We'll see! I'm waiting for it before I play up again...tired of freezing my PS3 up.

[quote name='aznguyen316']you may be in luck.. I think it's very close, hopefully before christmas. We'll see! I'm waiting for it before I play up again...tired of freezing my PS3 up.[/quote]

Yeah absolutely before Christmas. All the dates on their screenshots is 12/9. Hopefully this week.

Yeah your PS3 and Socom dont get along yet JizzyFTW. 1.3 will for sure solve that.

hahah man, i was really frustrated as i played night matches and was trying to sneak around and kept getting killed. i couldnt figure out how i could be seen since i was staying in the dark.
then i figured out that we have night vision....................hahah shit was funny.

that said i had none of the pronlems i had with the beta. i was able to find games and join them easily. loading was FAR more acceptable.
overall good stuff.

David Sears launches Kickstarter for "spiritual successor" to SOCOM series:

The creative director of the original SOCOM games wants to bring you the spiritual successor to those breakout PlayStation 2 shooters.

H-Hour: World’s Elite is a tactical, team-based, military shooter. Our first release is a core multiplayer experience on PC that includes no less than six maps, four new gameplay modes, and our comprehensive community-building/clan management tools.
Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0#

I posted this in case anyone is interested. It's currently only slated for PC, though I did ask via KS if they have any intention of bringing this to consoles since that's where SOCOM started...

bread's done
Back