SOCOM: Confrontation *General Discussion Thread*

[quote name='smiggity']Awesome. Look forward to putting in some work this weekend. I would suggest you add mdamore as well since he plays all the time too.
[/quote]

I sent him one as well, I got on this morning and downloaded all the available updates for the game, but the network keeps failing to load :cry:.

Not gonna lie.. I'm interested in this game but the fact that it's already available for as low as $20-$30 used scares me off. I know people have bought it and dumped the game for the headset, but Warhawk still kept value when it was released and that happened. Are there still major server issues?

[quote name='QiG']Not gonna lie.. I'm interested in this game but the fact that it's already available for as low as $20-$30 used scares me off. I know people have bought it and dumped the game for the headset, but Warhawk still kept value when it was released and that happened. Are there still major server issues?[/QUOTE]

The online thing scared me a bit as well. I enjoy playing games like Uncharted and the Resident Evil series so I thought I'd give this a try. I have yet to play with the CAG clan but I have not had any issues with joining a game and the lag has been minimal or nonexistent. The headset is totally worth the purchase and I've found the game to be quite fun (better than WiiPlay with the remote pack-in)

cigarl

Not really. The 16v16 rooms lag when someone exits/enters, but thats it. The game retailed for $40, so 20-30 used is about spot on. The real problem is that half the features on the box are not in the game yet

What features are missing?

I really want to try this out but have been stupid busy lately. Also maybe it was a bad call starting a new GTA4 game.

[quote name='QiG']Not gonna lie.. I'm interested in this game but the fact that it's already available for as low as $20-$30 used scares me off. I know people have bought it and dumped the game for the headset, but Warhawk still kept value when it was released and that happened. Are there still major server issues?[/QUOTE]

the game retails for 40 so 20 -30 is what you should expect for used . if was down to 10 then there would be a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metaly']What features are missing?

I really want to try this out but have been stupid busy lately. Also maybe it was a bad call starting a new GTA4 game.[/quote]

[quote name='SyphonFilter']Half is exaggerating,only trophies and matchmaking are missing.[/quote]

Here is what I can think of:
-Rewards and Trophies
-Optimatch/Matchmaking with party system
-Invite In Game
-Tournaments
-Clan Ladders
-Calendar

Regardless of the missing features this is the best shooter on PS3 right now.

alright got the game via goozex =). Been spending the last half-hour installing and downloading the two patches out already LOL. So I prob won't play it, and may hold off until 1.30. Anyway, do I need to send out a clan request or can someone send me an invite. Either way will look forward to playing with a few of you in ther near future.

[quote name='aznguyen316']alright got the game via goozex =). Been spending the last half-hour installing and downloading the two patches out already LOL. So I prob won't play it, and may hold off until 1.30. Anyway, do I need to send out a clan request or can someone send me an invite. Either way will look forward to playing with a few of you in ther near future.[/quote]

Your clan invite has been pending since I got the game on launch day!:lol:

[quote name='smiggity']Your clan invite has been pending since I got the game on launch day!:lol:[/quote]

lol I've been checkin it out, I sent at application but didn't seen an invite, so we'll see next time I log in =)

suck, today tried to play, first went into a game but never got to join in. I waited through one match but never got to respawn into the next, so I quit. Then went into another game and screen went black and froze the PS3. wouldn't shut down from the front after beeping three times so I had to shut from the back. Suckass!!

[quote name='toocool17']I am going to be playing tonight at 9 central. Hit me up if anyone wants to play.
Ps3: LethalGod[/QUOTE]

inv sent momentarily

Thanks guys for the game last night. I had a lot of fun and it's amazing how much better this game is when you're not playing with random players. It's a bummer though how difficult it seems to get in the same room and all. It seems to me that when you send an invite to someone and they accept it should bring them straight to the channel/room or at least display the channel the invite came from when you log into the briefing room. Either way it's totally worth the effort. I look forward to future matches.

Dang it, I was playing with you guys and my power went out, wtf. I will be one most of the nights for the next week, and then I will be going out of town for a month. It is fun playing with people you know.

Yeah Lethal you were about to take the last guy in their squad out and then all of a sudden it said you signed off.

Game is a million times better when playing with friends!

Yeah I agree the invite system sucks ass

[quote name='robb01']on a scale of 1-10 how would yall rank it..i wanted to buy it myself[/QUOTE]

I feel the game is a 7 or 8 by itself when you are just playing online. Playing with people you know online easily makes it a 9. Playing with CAGs made my game play experience so much better than playing with random people because there is help through communication and teamwork. I wasn't getting slaughtered right away and then having to sit and watch for 3-5 minutes while the rest of the players finish out the game. The headset that comes with the retail box is worth the extra coin. I do wish that I could install my disk copy to the hard drive because it would be a great game to have in the system all the time. A plus for buying it from the playstation store. Hope this helps.

[quote name='robb01']on a scale of 1-10 how would yall rank it..i wanted to buy it myself[/quote]

I give it a 9. 11 when they finally implement the community features....

I did a straight trade, my RSV2 for this game from someone off CL. YAY! So, I'll be gettin on this game very soon! Work tonight... boo.

have they fixed all the issues with the online play/servers for this game? I was thinking about getting the game, but decided against it once i heard all the complaints. Haven't heard anything new about the game's progress so far...I've been thinking about picking up resistance 2, COD:WAW, or SOCOM for a while now...

Im in! I cant play for long though, got them exams Monday. Nothing like Socrack to relieve some stress. VipFreak add me and mdamore for tonights game.

: sigh: My internet has been ass all weekend... I just tried a game and I was lagging all over. It even froze up. I'll add you guys, but if it's going to be this bad I'm not gonna be able to play. POS...

[quote name='Cigarl']I'm in 8:30[/quote]

You on West Coast? We play at 1030 EST so it may be 7:30 for you. Unless there is a time zone two hours behind EST that I am unaware of. (Which is probably the case)

Good game last night CAGs. I much prefer the 4x4 games given my current suck level. When we were in the 8x8 match I felt like I was constantly getting slaughtered from 8 different directions and I never could tell where I was getting shot from until I was laying in a pile on the ground with three members of the opposing team running past me. It was a lot of fun in the 8x8 match watching the two team mates sucker guys through a door and plugging them each time another player would enter the VIP room.

later
cigarl

[quote name='Cigarl']Good game last night CAGs. I much prefer the 4x4 games given my current suck level. When we were in the 8x8 match I felt like I was constantly getting slaughtered from 8 different directions and I never could tell where I was getting shot from until I was laying in a pile on the ground with three members of the opposing team running past me. It was a lot of fun in the 8x8 match watching the two team mates sucker guys through a door and plugging them each time another player would enter the VIP room.

later
cigarl[/quote]

Yeah for sure good games. You are getting better man, keep using that shotgun. We can stick to 4x4 from now on, which should be sweet b/c we have 4 players now.

^Yeah, for a game that has so many quarks and glitches when it works it's really fun! I enjoyed the 4x4 (When it worked...) Sooo a keeper!

In other news... Oh my, I found a little gun called a P90 while I was in one of those mass "Respawn" rooms. Can you say "HAVING A BLAST!" Good lord must go back to that! Great fun!

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Today, I wanted to give you the first glimpse of SOCOM Awards and PSN Trophies.

This is a very big addition to the game and one we are really excited about. In-game, you can see all of the SOCOM Awards by going to Records and then Awards from the main menu. We have three different types; performance, service and weapons.

[/FONT]
image.axd
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
This is one of my favorite awards. As you can see, we display both the progress towards achieving each part of the award as well as what type of PSN trophy the award will unlock (Bronze, Silver or Gold) shown by an icon. Awards which have multiple criteria will show you progress for each criteria. It takes 8 full working days under controlled conditions for SCEA QA to collect all of the trophies in the game. SOCOM: Confrontation is not going to be one of those "easy trophies" games.

One more note, you can only collect trophies by playing in ranked games. We want the trophies in SOCOM: Confrontation to really mean something.

[/FONT]
image.axd
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
We will have more details regarding the SOCOM: Confrontation trophies in a PlayStation.blog post. We will link it here once it goes live.

Regards,

Seth Luisi
[/FONT]

I've picked this up a couple days ago and would like to play with a few cags as well as join the clan. My PSN is ESCOh770

[quote name='VipFREAK']After this damn Finals week is finally over, I'll be on at all hrs. probably! LOVE this game.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for a game most nights. I'll be away from my ps3 for 10 days over the holidays which is going to be tough. I'll definitely be going through withdrawal.

[quote name='VipFREAK']After this damn Finals week is finally over, I'll be on at all hrs. probably! LOVE this game.[/quote]

Just finished mine today.:applause: Im about to put in some serious work on this crack filled game. Glad to see the CAG interest is starting to pick up.

bread's done
Back