SOCOM: Confrontation *General Discussion Thread*

[quote name='smiggity']I will be there unless some female company comes over tonight.[/QUOTE]

make her watch and cheer you on , thats what i do :)

Luckily for me she does not know about my Socom addiction...yet :whistle2:#

Does anyone want to play? Im down...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry for bailing out on you guys unexpectedly. It froze up on me and I just went to bed. First time I have played 16v16 since the beta and I got owned. Good times though.

Yeah, I guess I just get on too late for you guys. Soon as I went to join Smog's game the match was full and shortly after he went offline :(

i had fun we should get some clan matches goin sometime. anyone know when the next patch comes out? someone said today in game last night but i doubt it

I agree we need to get some Clan matches. I know us 3 (flesh, smog and md) would be down. I think Millertime said he was down as well.

Anyways that Dev Q&A pisses me right off. WTF are they being so lame for?

Damnit they wiped my stats. Oh well. They fixed the server lists and added Demo medleys. Still baby steps but they are making headway.

[quote name='smiggity']Damnit they wiped my stats. Oh well. They fixed the server lists and added Demo medleys. Still baby steps but they are making headway.[/quote]Damn, that sucks. That's pretty much why I'm staying off the game 'till those kinds of things get taken care of (and a matchmaking system gets put into place instead of these "channels"). I still have it though and will be keeping it. I just wish there were some tutorial or bot option MP mode.

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 Update Posted by Seth Luisi

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello,

I wanted to provide a quick update to everyone in the community regarding the current status of the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update.

We are almost finished with development on the update. The team at Slant Six Games are wrapping up all of the remaining features and fixes which will be included in the 1.30 update and expect to deliver a final candidate to SCEA First Party QA soon. Once SCEA First Party QA receives the final candidate they will need some time to play through the update and verify that there are no issues with it. This takes some time as there are a lot of new features and the trophies themselves take many days of play to acquire them all. SCEA First Party QA has been testing the 1.30 update throughout development but they need to perform a final pass on the master candidate to make sure nothing has been missed. Once SCEA First Party QA has finished with their final verification we will submit the patch to SCEA Format QA who must also test it and approve it for release. SCEA Format QA must approve all games and updates released on the PlayStation®3.

We will try to keep the community up to date as the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update makes its way through the final release process.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, we've released some new Ranked medley games this morning. Based on feedback from the community, we added 8x8 and 4x4 Demolition medley games. We also fixed the respawn medley games so that they are actually “respawn” games and lowered the round time from 8 minutes to 6 minutes. This is just the first round of changes we have planned for the medley games. We plan on updating them again soon to offer more variety in the default ranked medleys. If you have any feedback on specific medley changes you would like to see, post it in the forums.

Finally, I wanted to address some of the feedback we received from the Dev Q&A on Monday and specifically the Q&A regarding joining a friend’s game directly from the friends list. As mentioned, this is something that we are actively investigating and looking to see if it is possible to include in a future update. I can say that it will not make it into the 1.30 update but we are looking to see if we can make finding your friends’ games easier in 1.30. Adding the feature to join your friend’s game directly from your friends list to the 1.30 update would significantly delay the 1.30 update and we want to get the 1.30 update out ASAP as it really improves the game a lot. Some people took my answer to this question to mean that we will not implement the feature at all, which is simply not true.

Regards,

Seth Luisi
Director of Development
Sony Computer Entertainment America
[/FONT]

Those who MIGHT experience network issues, I recommend you maybe try opening the following ports on your router even if your DMZ is open (because sometimes it doesn't really do the trick):

SCEA Game Servers
[Hide Port Numbers]

All games published by SCEA (first-party) may use the following ports for communication with SCEA (first-party) game servers:

* TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
* UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100
http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=241

I bring this up because this is what I was told to do for R2 and so far it has been great. SOCOM MIGHT use some of the following ports, not too sure, but it specifically says SCEA (first-party) game servers.

Thanks TMK! I thought I had all this done over a year ago but it turns out I was missing some for SCEA game servers. I was not even aware that SCEA game servers had different needs from PSN.

[quote name='smiggity']You finally get it? Hopefully I was of some help! I even stalked you on your blog!:roll:[/quote]

Im sorry, I accidently threw that in my backlog mostly because of R2, Im plugging it in tomorrow though :p

40+ pages and only 3 players sad its a cheap game used maybe by the next b2g1 more will pick it up
or after the trophy patch

Yeah it is sad that only 3 of us play. Still fun though. Man, I havent really experienced the stutter when other people join but last night in the 16x16 room it was noticeable. Hopefully more start playing after the next patch and we can finally get a full 4v4 CAG match!

I'll be back soon, definitley after the next patch. Just got a lot on my plate and with the dead PS3 and having to redownload/reinstall/redownload everything it's been a pain in da ass.

I also still have the game, don't plan on selling/trading it in, just have been busy the past few Sundays. I'll try to be playing more when the patch arrives, if not before then.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I'll be back soon, definitely after the next patch. Just got a lot on my plate and with the dead PS3 and having to redownload/reinstall/redownload everything it's been a pain in da ass.[/quote]

Wait, your PS3 died? How did that happen? :whistle2:#

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Wait, your PS3 died? How did that happen? :whistle2:#[/quote]

The old 60GB BC got the red blinking light of death! :bomb: All is well though. While she's getting fixed up I gots me a new one anyway. Overkill I know.

I just bought the game and love it. I used to play Socom 2 all the time, so this is great. My PSN ID is MGS4_Ocelot_08. Send me and invite if you want, I should be playing a lot.

Good to see that the majority of folks still have the game and are just waiting it out.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I just bought the game and love it. I used to play Socom 2 all the time, so this is great. My PSN ID is MGS4_Ocelot_08. Send me and invite if you want, I should be playing a lot.[/quote]

Man I almost bought another copy of Socom 2 a couple days ago for 5 bucks. The good old days when games came with all promised features and had ~20 maps. :) I plan on getting on shortly, will add you and send a clan invite.

Damnit man I dont know why they have your name censored like that. After looking at the Official Socom Boards it looks like plenty of people are having the same problem. Hopefully it is addressed in the 1.3 patch b/c the CAG clan really needs another consistent player.

Im about to get on now and probably play until 10pm when the finale of Its Always Sunny comes on if anyone wants to team up

I would mayyyybe be interested. Wouldnt be a consistent player though i wont lie, I'm a hardcore 360 gamer but could use some socom action for change of pace now and then.

[quote name='Weedy649']I would mayyyybe be interested. Wouldnt be a consistent player though i wont lie, I'm a hardcore 360 gamer but could use some socom action for change of pace now and then.[/quote]

Anyone with Weedy in their name is fine with me! Leave your PSN ID here and I can shoot you an invite. The majority of the clan doesnt play much, so dont worry about it dude.

I picked up the game and am interested in playing. Where would you guys recommend I start at so I don't piss people off.

[quote name='t_durden']I picked up the game and am interested in playing. Where would you guys recommend I start at so I don't piss people off.[/quote]

Any unranked Respawn map is great to get down the controls.

I don't know what is up with the clan invite. I will be patient and see if the new patch helps.

I'd take and invite. I'm in the same boat as everyone else but I'd love to play with a group of people.

goldbug74 is my PSN ID

Thanks
cigarl

[quote name='Cigarl']I'd take and invite. I'm in the same boat as everyone else but I'd love to play with a group of people.

goldbug74 is my PSN ID

Thanks
cigarl[/quote]

Sent a PSN friend request. I will add you to the clan whenever you accept.

[quote name='smiggity']Sent a PSN friend request. I will add you to the clan whenever you accept.[/QUOTE]

Will do. Thanks
cigarl

Do you guys recommend getting this game at christmas? I'm pretty decent at shooters, but I've never owned a socom game (played it years ago at a friend's house). I just don't want to buy a game that will take me a few days or weeks to get into when everybody else is ridiculously good. I do want the mic though.
Edit: I take that back. I did own the psp one which was pretty cool. Especially since it was the first major handheld I knew of that allowed voice chat through the game.

I would say it is worth it. The gunplay in Socom is unrivaled, and isnt that what shooters are all about? Especially if you are a skilled player, you will most likely enjoy it

[quote name='m_d_amore']you know im there[/quote]

For sure.

Cmon now, just the two regulars??!?!? We can push it back to 11 or something if that is more convenient

When do you guys usually play? I've been meaning to trade away my bundle but it's been sitting here on my desk and I keep thinking about trying it out. I've never played a SOCOM before though.

bread's done
Back