SOCOM: Confrontation *General Discussion Thread*

I expect many issues in this game since it's a beta. That's why I decided to wait until retail to play. :p

I'm posting in this thread because there will be most definitely be a CAG night and CAG Clan for SOCOM. I would definitely like to see it as a CAG night, so I was just curious as to who would have interests administering CAG SOCOM night (it has to be someone who can update the thread constantly, help out new people who want to get into it, possibly manage the clan too, and probably do most of the hosting (or find someone to regularly host)). I also wanted to know (if people don't know now, that's fine) if people would be interested in having SOCOM on Saturday, Wednesday, or Thursday night (other nights that aren't Friday could possibly work out too, I just said those three nights because they are wide open for sure). I'm just trying to get a day set for Resistance 2 and SOCOM since I feel those will be two popular PS3 online games at CAG. :)

People can send me a PM if they are interested or post in this thread.

CAG SOCOM night will rock. Too bad we have to restart the CAG Clan once beta is over, but wheover creates that, be up to date on it since you will be the one accepting applications. word. Smiggity is doing very well with this.. I'm finally in BTW and got tehe SCAR to use =)

EDIT: PATCH ON THE WAY!

CLICKY

We will be performing server maintenance and rolling out a new patch on September 9th at 5am PDT, 1200 GMT. The SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation game servers will be unavailable during the maintenance. The server maintenance is not expected to last longer than 1 1/2 hours.

SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta 1.10 Patch

* Adds support for European EULAs.
* Adds support for dedicated servers located in Europe and Australia.
* Addresses a number of stability and late joining issues.
* Reduce the volume of the proximity chat by 50%.

The server maintenance and patch are not meant to address all issues. We will have more updates to both the server and client in the future.

Regards,
SOCOM Confrontation Online Team

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Anyone know if the Qore thing will let people give invites to friends? [/quote]

no..

im about to get on in a few minutes..anyone playing right now?

it just took literally 10 minutes to load and then i couldnt respawn and the game goes into the watch mode or whatever its called...did this twice....screw it...will try again tomorrow i guess

I just got done playing lol. Best if you find a game and stick w/ it through the rounds. More rounds the better so you don't ahve to wait to reload the damn game up.

I can not figure out how to join games with friends. I can see they are online and in matches but I have no clue how to connect.

And also, is it impossible to run with night vision on in the real world? I find it odd that it disengages when you run in the game.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I can not figure out how to join games with friends. I can see they are online and in matches but I have no clue how to connect.

And also, is it impossible to run with night vision on in the real world? I find it odd that it disengages when you run in the game.[/quote]

I was hoping this patch would enable us to join games our friends are in. I guess not.
Not being able to run with night vision on is pretty lame.

Patch Live Now- Menus are NOT much better

Couldnt tell. I played one game and the framerate dropped to like 10fps and I just quit out. Still had to quit game through XMB because it still had not sent me back to the menu after ten minutes.

[quote name='smiggity']Couldnt tell. I played one game and the framerate dropped to like 10fps and I just quit out. Still had to quit game through XMB because it still had not sent me back to the menu after ten minutes.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame, because I am interested in this game but if this beta is a representation of the final game count me out.. I'm not going to give up on it just yet.

I'm not sure about the load times either, but I've had new issues.

First one was once it was done loading and it said press x to spawn, which I did, it just took away the options and left me in the view mode watching other people play. Had to quit the match and reconnect.

Then when I did, this time it let me spawn in okay, but about 15 seconds later it locked up my system. Gave up at that point. :roll:

I'm just going to wait until the weekend see if it gets better. I've got to play 3 games. 2 locked my ps3 up and the third had some real bad frame rate drops.

[quote name='help1']Its going to get worse with the Qore users. Damn.[/quote]

And the game's retail release is a month away :whistle2:#

I have only read some good and bad about the latest patch... fixed some lag but load times are still atrocious

[quote name='NamPaehc']I'm not sure about the load times either, but I've had new issues.

First one was once it was done loading and it said press x to spawn, which I did, it just took away the options and left me in the view mode watching other people play. Had to quit the match and reconnect.[/quote]

I had the same issue when I tried to play this afternoon. My load time getting into the game was still about 5 minutes which is ridiculous. It's really hard for me to form an opinion on the game when I am having so much trouble trying to play it. Hopefully they get their shit together soon, like before the fucking beta closes.

[quote name='cgarb84']I had the same issue when I tried to play this afternoon. My load time getting into the game was still about 5 minutes which is ridiculous. It's really hard for me to form an opinion on the game when I am having so much trouble trying to play it. Hopefully they get their shit together soon, like before the fucking beta closes.[/quote]

5 minutes?!? Can I have that connection? ;) It's really no big surprise for me, all the Socoms have had a long time getting into games. Haven't tried this patch yet though, since I just got home. But if its only 5 minutes, then I'm happy. It usually takes me 10+ minutes to get into a game. Granted, it's bad in a broad sense (as compared to other games) but for a Socom game, it's not a surprise.

Well I finally got around to trying the beta today, with patch 1.10 and I was pretty disappointed.

First off, the menus seemed really sluggish, and it would take forever to go through and customize your character because of this. Then, joining a channel that was for US players was next to impossible as they were always full.

However, once you did you join, it would take me 5-10 to connect to a game. That is absolutely unacceptable for games today. Also, the graphics seems fairly weak for a PS3 game at time.

The gameplay was fairly fun, when I actually got around to doing something. It would seem like the round was over before I even ran into someone. Overall, I was just really super disappointed.

played the game last night and im glad im not buying this crap, it seems like it wants to be GRAW, and socom 1 and 2 were great the rest were crap, glad this beta saved me my $$

[quote name='darthbudge']Well I finally got around to trying the beta today, with patch 1.10 and I was pretty disappointed.

First off, the menus seemed really sluggish, and it would take forever to go through and customize your character because of this. Then, joining a channel that was for US players was next to impossible as they were always full.

However, once you did you join, it would take me 5-10 to connect to a game. That is absolutely unacceptable for games today. Also, the graphics seems fairly weak for a PS3 game at time.

The gameplay was fairly fun, when I actually got around to doing something. It would seem like the round was over before I even ran into someone. Overall, I was just really super disappointed.[/QUOTE]

The menu loads I found out are because those are all on server side. I believe when game is released you'll have it from disc or full installed on HDD. I really doubt also that the load times into the games are going to be like that in the final considering NO ONE would want that (you're right - unacceptable) and I'm sure /6 knows that too. Not trying to defend this game too much b/c the beta does have issues but it's about the gameplay and you liked it right? I'm enjoying it a lot and will be reserving judgment until game is really released to see if the servers are really better.

I've gotten into a enough games to see some of the quirks. Join longer round games w/ respawn so you'll get more play time in. I say be happy they allowed a BETA to stress test the servers rather than leaving us in the dark. They're allowing us in to help the process and what's good for them to know will be is good for us.

i tried to play twice at around noon today and both times i finally got into the game my ps3 froze up....bah!

played some cod4 instead...

Jeez, impressions seem really bad. Maybe this is something I buy down the line when I see they are supporting it well with free DLC like Warhawk.

I pre ordered, got the code and put it in, but I never got an email with the code to download the beta. I did pre order after the beta had launched, though.

Anyone have a similar problem?

yeah..the patch deleted my profile..had to go through those sluggish fucking menus again to edit all my shit...

people...remember..this is a BETA..shit is suppossed to go wrong during the beta so that it can be fixed for the final release...stop acting like the final product will be like this...

I played some more tonight and after the patch I did notice some improvement but not enough to get excited about. It is fun and if you can get in and stay connected you will enjoy it. I don't care about stats but having to go back in and reset my character was really annoying since getting in a game takes so long.
I'm assuming the drop off in the number of servers is only temporary? Maybe they are trying to narrow down problems by eliminating servers. Not sure but just being a month before release and this being an online multiplayer only game makes me really nervous.
I don't see a month being enough time to fix these issues. I hope it is but I don't see it.

The patch made a noticeable improvement in load times for getting into games, from 10 to about 4 minutes for me. I'm enjoying it, though I still need to get used to the controls and the way that the game plays since I've never really played a SOCOM game before.

Edit: Took 6 minutes for a 32 player match, so maybe it's related to the number of players in the game.

[quote name='Malik112099']people...remember..this is a BETA..shit is suppossed to go wrong during the beta so that it can be fixed for the final release...stop acting like the final product will be like this...[/quote]

The problem is that this is another one of those "commercial"/stress testing betas and that the game is set to release in about a month...

You guys think this game will have an trade in value of more than $10? At this point, I'm thinking about opening the box, taking out the headset and trading in the game when I go pick up my pre-order.

[quote name='NamPaehc']The problem is that this is another one of those "commercial"/stress testing betas and that the game is set to release in about a month...[/QUOTE]

That is the problem I have with the game right now. I have barely had a chance to even get into a game because either I could not get into a game or it would freeze after a short time. I think I will take a wait and see approach and see if the game improves by the end of the beta. I might just spend the money on some lower priced games like Ninja Gaiden, Stranglehold, etc.. Although I am VERY interested in the headset.

[quote name='mykee98']I played some more tonight and after the patch I did notice some improvement but not enough to get excited about. It is fun and if you can get in and stay connected you will enjoy it. I don't care about stats but having to go back in and reset my character was really annoying since getting in a game takes so long.
I'm assuming the drop off in the number of servers is only temporary? Maybe they are trying to narrow down problems by eliminating servers. Not sure but just being a month before release and this being an online multiplayer only game makes me really nervous.
I don't see a month being enough time to fix these issues. I hope it is but I don't see it.[/QUOTE]Warhawk was the same way. The beta had issues and so did the main game early on (within the first few weeks). Once the time passed, patches fixed the issues and it runs great right now.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Warhawk was the same way. The beta had issues and so did the main game early on (within the first few weeks). Once the time passed, patches fixed the issues and it runs great right now.[/quote]

Warhawk is so polished right now its hard to imagine these kinds of problems in that game.

I remember the incorrect server pings (always said 9999), not being able to pick up power-ups sometimes, and game freezes in Warhawk too.

I remember them being more active and posting that they knew about the issues and patches were on the way. They also had threads up on the official boards asking for feedback and were interacting with the community there. I don't really see much of any of that happening here.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I remember the incorrect server pings (always said 9999), not being able to pick up power-ups sometimes, and game freezes in Warhawk too.

I remember them being more active and posting that they knew about the issues and patches were on the way. They also had threads up on the official boards asking for feedback and were interacting with the community there. I don't really see much of any of that happening here.[/QUOTE]

releasing a patch for the beta 4 days after starting it seems like work to me. there have been two blog posts about knowing about the issues as well, including a post on the first day acknowledging it. Now we just have to see what gets fixed in time.

[quote name='aznguyen316']releasing a patch for the beta 4 days after starting it seems like work to me. there have been two blog posts about knowing about the issues as well, including a post on the first day acknowledging it. Now we just have to see what gets fixed in time.[/quote]

I guess there are just different ways to run betas... Mr. D was all over the problems in Warhawk and was telling us just what his team was doing the whole time. Though he did get himself in trouble when he promised fixes that slipped a week or two. There I didn't have to wait and see or hope things were going to be fixed by release, they laid it all out before hand. I think that is what is bothering me, they aren't as transparent as I 'd like them to be.

But again, most devs aren't during this phase of their development.

I did not notice anything different from the patch I had to download last night. Same loading issues, same lag, etc. I did get to play VIP extraction type of mode and found it quite fun, aside from waiting 3+ minutes since half of my team and the other team were camping until last few seconds :roll:

I'm liking it more but those load times and lag have got to get fixed before I even consider it a purchase

I feel better now, *sniffles*.

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thank you all for participating in the SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta. We know that it has not gone as smoothly as we would all like, but I want to assure you that we are working on the issues. Please remember, the main purpose of the Public Beta was to identify just these types of issues before the game is launched.

We are working on and testing another patch right now. For this patch, the focus is to resolve the following issues:

[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Abnormally long network synchronization issues when some users in a game have a poor network connection. This issue causes 4-7 minute (or longer) load times when late joining a game.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]An issue where respawn game late joiners were sometimes stuck in spectator mode and could not respawn into the game.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Remove the latency detection network test which is causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X).[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
We will announce when the new patch will be released once we've verified the fixes and it has passed our QA.

Regards,

SOCOM Confrontation Online Team
[/FONT]

I got into games much faster today but still have those bits of lag where it freezes you for a split second. quite annoying. Once was when I just hit the knife button sneaking up on someone lol, didn't get the knife but I shot and killed him anyway. Got some good games done today enjoying the game even more. Becoming more of a solid purchase for me, via PSN after I trade out the BD haha

glad to hear they're updating some more.

We have some great news for you - the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation public beta is scheduled to be available tomorrow afternoon (think 5:00 PM PST) to all that purchased Episode 01 of Qore and that became Qore Annual Subscribers as of Episode 01. Please note that you will not be able to download the SOCOM: Confrontation beta through the Episode 01 Download Center – you can only gain access by using the SOCOM: Confrontation Beta Promotion Code that is being emailed to you tomorrow.

Then what the hell's the point of showing it in the Download Center?

There was a lot of lag last night (stuttering) - but I had fun. I will be happy if the long wait at the loading screen could be shortened - possibly adding a timer so you know when the next Round should start. I only look for 20 Round games right now as I do not want to have to go through the waiting game more than once a night. A 20 Round game, with 8-minute rounds is enough for me.
I hope the servers can survive the Qore people showing up - although I am not sure if that really is that many people.

I played some SLOcom last night, got connected just fine. waited for a while stuck in spec mode got to join in next round. lag was terrible for a while then it fixed itself. disconnects (red x) was spread out more so I was able to play about ten rounds without looking like a total idiot crouched down unable to move while the opossing team walks up and stabs me dead to end round.

all in all it was a lot better then past days and knowing that they are looking at problem I'll get on tonight and see how qore users effect the servers.

As long as they fix the problems, I'll be picking it up day 1.

I feel better that it's a beta and not a demo.

Mykee, we still need to play sometime! :)

Since its code based for Qore and not download center, I guess I wont be buying the epsiode today to get into the beta. Ahh well ... guess I'll just wait and rent the retail version if anything.

[quote name='seanr1221']As long as they fix the problems, I'll be picking it up day 1.

I feel better that it's a beta and not a demo.

Mykee, we still need to play sometime! :)[/quote]

Man the buddy system is so jacked right now but if I see you online I'll msg you what server I'm on and we can try and get together that way. Thats what one guy on my buddy list does and last time it worked out pretty good. I'll be on tonight but I'm not sure what time.

i havent played for a few days..the loading times KILL me...i hate the wait in between games of COD4 so by the time the 5-10 minute load is done and then i get stuck in spectator mode or the PS3 freezes im more than done......ill wait for the next patch

bread's done
Back