[SOLD OUT] $10 for $20 at Overstock.com through EverSave - great deal on XBLA points

illennium

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Haven't seen this posted yet. $10 for $20 at overstock.com (plus free shipping) through a (new?) deal site called EverSave. Seems legit. Limit of one per customer.

http://www.eversave.com/online/overstock-2

EDIT: These codes can be stacked. If you buy more than one code through EverSave, you can use them on the same order to get a $40 item for $20, etc.

EDIT 2: You can get a free 2-month trial membership to Club O which gets you free shipping and 5% back in rewards points. Just remember to cancel before the 2 months are through!

XBLA 1600 point cards are currently going for $18.77 so you can effectively get them for half that and free shipping/no tax (most states?). That's better than 50% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
How quick do u get referral credit? I have 2 emails I can send to at least, might be able to get it for cheaper :D

[quote name='Lt Dan']How quick do u get referral credit? I have 2 emails I can send to at least, might be able to get it for cheaper :D[/QUOTE]

I tried it that way but the ref credit is put on your account and its one purchase per account. You get them right after the the next person buys the GF thru your link. I could be wrong but i think that wont work.

Also, I'm doing the math out. For one $60 game, 3 accounts (with $3 sign up credit each) and 3 codes, the out of pocket cost is $21. NICE

[quote name='lwhitit']Keep looking around the site and then check the "recently viewed items" on the bottom portion of the page. Skyrim showed up as 58.94 down there and i had a CC rep price match it for me after i used $60 in credit. (I can email you the SS for the PM)[/QUOTE]

Yeap I noticed that earlier... Yet when you click on the page it says 64.99 for the price. But that isnt even the shadyness I was talking about, look at the comparison list for skyrim.. Did you notice how they are comparing their regular edition at 64.99 to the collectors edition at other retailers websites? That is extremely misleading if you only go by what they post on their site and not actually check these other retailers websites.

[quote name='lwhitit']I tried it that way but the ref credit is put on your account and its one purchase per account. You get them right after the the next person buys the GF thru your link. I could be wrong but i think that wont work.[/QUOTE]

1st account refers second, second account refers third. Could save $20. Wow, hope that works!

How do you get the sign up credit to work? It didn't apply to mine. Also, it looks like referral credit won't work on these. I signed up with one account and immediately referred a second. I bought the deal with the second account. My referral credit showed up immediately in my first account, the one that I had not bought the deal with yet. But it won't let me use the $10 referral credit to buy the deal.

How to Earn Save Rewards

"Refer someone new to Eversave and once they buy their first Save, we'll put $10 in your Save Rewards account."

What are Save Rewards?

"Save Rewards are credits that can be used like cash to purchase almost every Save we sell. When you have Save Rewards in your account, they will automatically be applied to your next purchase, saving you even more money!"

The bonus money is for purchasing deals from Eversave (like the Overstock coupon), not actual money for purchases from Overstock. At least that's how I understand it.

Picked up a 1600 point card and another HDMI cable (cheapest thing I could find that held some value to me) for $11.26, including the cost of the gift card thing.

And I've already got $15 worth of "rewards" to spend the next time eversave has something I want.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='jbcampb1']I just bought one from the OPer, curious to know how much he's gotten so far! Thanks for the heads up!! I just restocked my $80 in XBL points that were cleared out when my wife found out she could buy shows from zune off the Xbox.... :applause:[/QUOTE]

OP here. 27 referral credits so far! :) Not everyone has clicked through the referral link but a good number have - thanks! I currently have $275 in Eversave credits, which I'm planning to use to buy one of their Travel Deals. This way I can take my girlfriend on an expense-paid vacation for cheap :) I have enough for California or Oregon right now - if I get a bunch more clicks I can take her to the Bahamas :lol:

I'm seriously laughing as I type this. I had never even heard of Eversave until my brother forwarded me the Overstock deal a few days ago. Now I suddenly have enough referral credits for a vacation? Granted, it might be one of those shady bait-and-switch vacation packages where the picture shows a beautiful cabin and you show up to a roach motel, but it should make for a good story anyway. Haha!

Anyway, thanks again for those who clicked through the referral link. By the way, some potentially useful information: I chatted with a CS rep because my orders are listed as "processing." He told me that orders take 1-4 days to leave the warehouse. So I expect some shipping notices within the next 48 hours or so. Please post as your items ship! Especially since Overstock.com does not have the greatest reputation around here.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']How to Earn Save Rewards

"Refer someone new to Eversave and once they buy their first Save, we'll put $10 in your Save Rewards account."

What are Save Rewards?

"Save Rewards are credits that can be used like cash to purchase almost every Save we sell. When you have Save Rewards in your account, they will automatically be applied to your next purchase, saving you even more money!"

The bonus money is for purchasing deals from Eversave (like the Overstock coupon), not actual money for purchases from Overstock. At least that's how I understand it.[/QUOTE]

It's obviously not actual money for Overstock, What I don't understand is how I had $15 of this save rewards in one account that I hadn't purchased a deal yet but when I did nothing was deducted.

You should be able to sign up for an account but not purchase anything.

Then refer a link to a second email.

Purchase your first $10 for $20 with the new referred account.

First account gets $10 credit for you to purchase the $10 for $20 free.

But these credits aren't applying to this deal?

[quote name='Lt Dan']1st account refers second, second account refers third. Could save $20. Wow, hope that works![/QUOTE]
DON'T DO IT!! It's either very YMMV or it simply won't work. I tried this and the $10 you get CANNOT BE USED on that code.

OP again. One of my orders - placed yesterday - just shipped! Tracking numbers are provided with each item.

A couple other points that may interest people:

1. These codes work on pre-orders.

2. If you order an available-now item along with a pre-order, the available item will ship first. That is what happened to me.

3. It is very easy to turn off auto-renew for the Club O membership on the website. I did it immediately.

So if you stack codes you can effectively get pre-orders for half price...

[quote name='illennium']OP again. One of my orders - placed yesterday - just shipped! Tracking numbers are provided with each item.

A couple other points that may interest people:

1. These codes work on pre-orders.

2. If you order an available-now item along with a pre-order, the available item will ship first. That is what happened to me.

3. It is very easy to turn off auto-renew for the Club O membership on the website. I did it immediately.

So if you stack codes you can effectively get pre-orders for half price...[/QUOTE]

I too used it on a "pre-order", although not sure why it's a pre-order. Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars seems to indicate I've pre-ordered it, and expected release date is Dec. 31, 2025. Hopefully that's a bug, because if it's not those that it's for may not care any more at that time. That, and I'd imagine the PS3 would be pretty dated. lol

thanks OP, got a 1600 ms point card and usb cable for my phone. I also used the $10 I got for making a Serve account a while ago so I didn't have to use my real CC# and got the promo for free basically. (Before anybody thinks of making an account just for this, you dont get your prepaid card linked to the account for a few weeks)

bought 2 GCs and got two 1600 msp cards and the cheapest hdmi cable. total was $40.03 (cost me $20.03). Depending on the quality of the hdmi I'll keep or trade into GS

Thank you OP for the deal. I just got 3200 points and a mini-usb to micro-usb adapter (to get free shipping).

Thanks, OP. I got mine before I read through the thread and saw the add-a-cheap-item free shipping. Still, $11.72 for 1600 MSPoints is good enough for me.

I was going to use this on Microsoft Points, but I just got Sealab 2021 Vols 1-4 for $26.99 with this. Half of what I would have paid on Amazon!

Bought 2 of these gift cards and used them both on 1600 point cards. Starting to wish I had made 5 accounts and gotten 5 gift cards to get a psp for like $50 bucks (if they even have the core)

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']I got mine instantly. It's listed on your Eversave account.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, how many can I buy on one account?

has anyone had their order shipped?Waiting for mine. placed an order early morning like 1:00 am. Would feel more comfortable knowing it has shipped since I bought 5. LOL. Used them to get Skyrim Xbox 360 and MGS HD collection for PS3. All for about the price of Skyrim.

[quote name='lakers2008']has anyone had their order shipped?Waiting for mine. placed an order early morning like 1:00 am. Would feel more comfortable knowing it has shipped since I bought 5. LOL. Used them to get Skyrim Xbox 360 and MGS HD collection for PS3. All for about the price of Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

I have had one order shipped so far. I placed it yesterday.

Why aren't people using the 'Free Shipping on your entire order' button on the top right of the Overstock page? If you click there, the xbox live card's shipping price changes to FREE.

Hmmm....Wasn't smart enough (!) to figure out the shipping savings (free shipping with certain items) or the newsletter thingy credit, but still got 4000 microsoft points, Halo: Boot Camp (hardcover), and $10 in Eversave credit for under $33.

Thanks, op!

[quote name='Cjrosa6']Anyone know if Visa has this option?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know this as well, only need one more gift card but ran out of cards to use

[quote name='sandman8288']What is everyone's opinion on using something like this to get virtual CC numbers?
My bank doesn't offer virtual numbers for my Mastercard.

http://www.neteller.com/

It looks like they only charge a 1.75% fee.[/QUOTE]

It's free for debit cards but, from the faq section:
I just made a deposit with my card but my account has been closed. Why?

When you first make a deposit into your NETELLER account, a temporary hold is sometimes placed on your account to complete a phone call with you as part of a standard security check. To reopen your account, please contact us.

[quote name='pasolini']Why aren't people using the 'Free Shipping on your entire order' button on the top right of the Overstock page? If you click there, the xbox live card's shipping price changes to FREE.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I was able to get free shipping (maybe it's because I'm a new member for Overstock.com?)

Regardless, bought two points cards, and since I was feeling generous, made two $1 donations to the Wounded Warrior project and St. Jude's. For $20, that's boss.

[quote name='Runch']Not sure, I was able to get free shipping (maybe it's because I'm a new member for Overstock.com?)

Regardless, bought two points cards, and since I was feeling generous, made two $1 donations to the Wounded Warrior project and St. Jude's. For $20, that's boss.[/QUOTE]

I thought that to, but for my second order, i used an existing overstock account and it still applied the free shipping after I clicked on the big red 'free shipping' in the top right corner. Good for you for donating the extra bucks too!

You know I was wondering if this is really a deal let me explain. First I pay 10 on a eversave acct then I do it again to get the $20 off so I just spent 20bucks right there.then I go over to overstock and get 3 1600 live cards and the .77 cable for a total of 17.93 plus my previous 20 dollars that I had to buy at eversave with a total of 37.93 for basically 3 1600 live cards and the USB cable.is this really a deal?

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']You know I was wondering if this is really a deal let me explain. First I pay 10 on a eversave acct then I do it again to get the $20 off so I just spent 20bucks right there.then I go over to overstock and get 3 1600 live cards and the .77 cable for a total of 17.93 plus my previous 20 dollars that I had to buy at eversave with a total of 37.93 for basically 3 1600 live cards and the USB cable.is this really a deal?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the question is. I bought 2 of the gift cards for $10 each then I was able to purchase 2 1600 point cards for no additional cost. That's $40 is ms points for $20, how isn't this a deal?

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']You know I was wondering if this is really a deal let me explain. First I pay 10 on a eversave acct then I do it again to get the $20 off so I just spent 20bucks right there.then I go over to overstock and get 3 1600 live cards and the .77 cable for a total of 17.93 plus my previous 20 dollars that I had to buy at eversave with a total of 37.93 for basically 3 1600 live cards and the USB cable.is this really a deal?[/QUOTE]

why did you buy 3 cards? If you would have bought two it would have been $0 (plus the original $20)

Either way, the cost of 3 1600 cards is $60 so you saved $22

bread's done
Back