Some New TRU Clearance starting Dec 26 -updated 12/24-

benboxer

CAGiversary!
The list is probably incomplete but this is all I have for now. I also don't know if these prices will be good online but they technically go into effect on Monday so it might be worth checking out.

* new stuff added 12/24

GBA :gba:
Board Game Classics Chess/ Checkers/ Backgammon
Drill Dozer
F-18 Hornet
Gunstar Super Heroes
Klax/Marble Madness
Lemony Snicket*
Lilo & Stitch
Lizzie Maguire 2
Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King
Pinball Tycoon
Pokemon Fire Red w/wireless adapter
Pokemon Leaf Green w/wireless adapter*
Rebelstar*
Rocket Power Zero Gravity
Rugrats Go Wild
Shrek 2
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom &Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy 2pk
Sudoku Fever
Tony Hawk American Sk8teland
Top Spin 2
Tower
WarioWare Twisted
Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly
XMen Official Game
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DBZ GT Transformation*

Tales of Phantasia

DS :ds:
Feel the Magic*
Polarium*

Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS
Deep Labyrinth
Metroid Pinball
Point Blank*
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits
Trace Memory
YuGiOh Nightmare Troubador*

Lost Magic
Pokemon Dash

PSP :psp:
Capcom Classics Remix
Coded Arms
The Con
FIFA 06
Gradius Collection
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid 2
Samurai Warriors State of War
Viewtiful Joe RHR
XMen Legends 2

Ape Escape Academy
Go!Sudoku
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Neopets PetPet Adv
Valkyrie Lenneth*
Winning Eleven 9
World Champ Poker 2
Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube :gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing*
Batallion Wars
Call of Duty: Big Red One
Chibi Robo
Donkey Konga 2
Gun
Harry Potter GoF w/Movie Ticket
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Odama
Pacman World 3
Spiderman 2
Super Monkey Ball
WWE Day of Reckoning*

Curious George

Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Sonic Heroes/Adventures 2pk

PS2 :ps2:
Amplitude
Blowout*
Chessmaster*
EverQuest*
Jampak 11
Maximo*
Robotech Battlecry*
Trivial Pursuit*
Virtual Fighter Evo*
Virtual Quest*

Ace Combat 4
Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Conflict Desert Storm*
Curious George
Dot Hack //GU*
Full Spectrum Warrior 10 Hammers
GRAW
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City Bundle
Grandia III*
Karaoke Rev Party
Metal Saga*
Monster Rancher Evo
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Rogue Trooper*
Samurai Champloo
Scooby Night of 100 Frights*
Simpsons Road Rage*
Sly Cooper*
SOCOM 3
Steambot Chronicles
Winback 2
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour*
XMen Official Game

MLB 2K6

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Driver Parallel Lines
Eye Toy Operation Spy Toy
FFXI CoP
Gallop Racer 06
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle
OutRun C2C*
Sonic Heroes/Mega Collection 2pk
Tales of Legendia
TOCA Race Driver 3
Tomb Raider Legend

Xbox :xbox:
Breakdown
Cold Fear*
Dead Man's Hand*
Dead to Rights 2*
Fight Club*
Max Payne
Rogue Ops*

50 Cent Bulletproof
Aeon Flux
And1 Streetball
Atari Anthology
ATV 2 Quad Power Racing
Battlefield 2
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Brothers in Arms EiB*
Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1
Finding Nemo
GRAW
Godfather CE*
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Gun
Jade Empire
Karaoke Rev Party
Matrix Path of Neo
Mercenaries
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
NBA Street v3
NHL 2K6
Pacman World 2
Pinball HoF
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stacked
Tomb Raider Legend
Torino 06
True Crime NYC
World Champ Poker 2
World Poker Tour
Worms Forts Under Siege

Fight Night 3
Godfather
Karaoke Rev Party Bundle

Xbox 360 :360:
NHL 2K6

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Final Fantasy XI
The Outfit
Quake 4
Tiger Woods 06
Tomb Raider Legend
XMen Official Game

GBA
Drill Dozer
Gunstar Super Heroes
WarioWare Twisted
Zelda: The Minish Cap

DS
Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DoS

PS2
Amplitude

Atelier Iris 2
Ape Escape 3
Steambot Chronicles

XBox
Jade Empire
Tomb Raider: Legend

Guess I know where I'm going on 12/26 now.

[quote name='Caliburn']I picked up the last copy of Castlevania: DoS, Rub Rabbits, and Advance Wars DS.

I opened CDoS in the car cause it had that aftermarket shrinkwrap look (just in case it was empty, like the case with some EB/GS "new" purchases") and it was complete. Hopefully they'll pricematch it when the price officially drops even if it's open, or I'll just exchange the open CDoS with a sealed one, and perhaps return that copy, if it's possible (but unlikely, I think).[/QUOTE]

All Konami DS games have that look.

[quote name='Roufuss']All Konami DS games have that look.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's not 100% true - I have sealed copies of both Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin that have the traditional "y-fold" seal. But most of the ones I have seen do that have that loose re-shrinked type wrap.

[quote name='Roufuss']All Konami DS games have that look.[/quote]

If I can get it price adjusted next week, then it's something new to me. If I can't and I end up with a $35 copy, then it's an expensive lesson.

Damn it, my TRU is 30 miles away. I cant go get what I want now and price adjust on Tuesday, it wont be economical and too time consuming. My only option is to go on Tuesday and hope some games I want are still in stock.

Picked up the following

Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA)(1 left at the store)
Mercenaries (Xbox)
Rub Rabbits (DS)
Odama (GC) (1 left at the store)

They had most of the 360 titles but not NHL 2K6 at the West Madison TRU.

Good luck to everyone else in finding some deals.

I think I will probably just wait until the 26th to check the nearby TRUs, its easier and how I did it last year and ended up with some good stuff.

When you guys are talking about 'Tower', do you mean 'The Tower SP'?
Yep. TRU exclusive as far as I know, you'll NEVER see it cheaper than this. I bet this one will be pretty hard to find as the years go on, it seems quite limited.

OK, picked up $250 worth of stuff with the idea that I'll be able to reduce that to $60 on Tuesday - I hope it works ;).

[quote name='io']OK, picked up $250 worth of stuff with the idea that I'll be able to reduce that to $60 on Tuesday - I hope it works ;).[/quote]

Man I'd figure there would have been slim pickings considering it is 2 days before X-mas.

i think some of the old TRU clearance stuff should be added to the OP, just cuz I think a lot of people weren't keeping up with that thread...

Final Fantasy IV Advance - $10
Fatal Frame III - $10
Trapt - $10.50
Baten Kaitos w/soundtrack - $5.20

either way, i'm pumped for this clearance.

i'm in for these if i can find 'em:
warioware twisted
zelda minnish cap
castlevania dos
resident evil
amplitude (saw one for $10 the other day and almost bought it, good thing i didn't!)
steambot chronicles

hope more good stuff gets added along the way :)

[quote name='Kendro']Man I'd figure there would have been slim pickings considering it is 2 days before X-mas.[/QUOTE]

Well, the nearly 1 year-old old $50 games are not hot Christmas sellers. I didn't get THAT many games, considering. I mean, they had about 8 copies of Odama at $49.99 - that's no surprise ;). They had 1 each of Steambot and AI 2, so there's $100 more. 4 of the games were $49.99 ones that are supposedly going to be $9.98, so that's $200 -> $40 right there. And no one was buying Deep Labyrinth - there's another $30 before discount. I couldn't find Gun (for GC), Castlevania, Advance Wars, anything like that though. I saw several other things like Rub Rabbits, Ape Escape 3, etc. I forgot to look for Minish Cap, oh well...

I went to the store that I knew had a slightly bigger selection. The other one (which I will go to when I adjust the prices) was pretty much cleaned out a few days ago.

Edit - It appears some people might think I got $250 worth of stuff in terms of the SALE prices. NO! That is the total at the current, full MSRP prices - thus, only 6 games total! I'm not insane, after all ;).

Crap

DS
Advance Wars DS
Resident Evil DS

PSP
Capcom Classic Remix
Gradius Collection
Xmen Legend 2
Metal Gear Acid 2 (maybe not sure)

PS2

SOCOM 3
Call of Duty: The Big Red One
Steambot Chronicle (idk I have a feeling I just never gonna get around to playing it.)

Damn whoever posted this.

My wallet is gonna be sodomized.

:(

[quote name='benboxer']
GBA
WarioWare Twisted
YuGiOh Championship 06
YuGiOh Destiny Board
YuGiOh RoD/SC Double Pack
YuGiOh GX Duel Academy
Zelda Minish Cap

DS
Resident Evil DS
Rub Rabbits

PSP
Metal Gear Acid 2

Ys Ark of Napishtim

GameCube
Odama
Spiderman 2

Atelier Iris 2
Samurai Champloo
SOCOM 3

XBox
Breakdown

Mercenaries
[/quote]

If i can find any of these i am totally down but resident evil DS and thoes few GBA games really look hot at that price.

PS: I used to be a fan of thoes Yugioh games, are any of the ones for $10 any good? If so getting one should be alot of fun.

I feel that I should warn you guys.

One of my managers took a sneak peak at the ad for next week and there's a lot of BOGO going on. (Buy one, Get one Free).

The Ad says it's on select games. Which means the list will be on our little red/black/white tags that the parents NEVER read. ("I thought these games were buy 2 get 1 free?" " No, that's only one select ACTIVISION games this week" "Activision? what system is that, I don't think have that system")

I have not seen this list of "select games", but it's not likely to be this list that we're discussing here. It'll probably be a random selection of crappy titles like Snood and Dino Master (of which my store has 100 copies of each) but you never know...

I went and picked up Atelier Iris 2 and Steambot Chronicles, which I will price adjust once they drop. I was told as long as it is within 14 days, they will adjust price drops. They did the same for me last year during the Dec. clearence.

Picked up even more stuff from the TRU that I spoke to the director of: Atelier Iris 2, Samurai Warriors, Rub Rabbits, Trace Memory, and X-MLII PSP. Last copy of AI2 they had, too.

Aw, is FFIV for GBA really down to $10 at all stores? I hadn't heard anything about that. Too bad I already ordered it from KB.

kspiff

PS2

Call of Duty: Big Red One Collector's Edition
Resident Evil 4
SOCOM 3

Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Tomb Raider Legend

Gonna try to get any of these, although money is tight right now.

[quote name='io']Edit - It appears some people might think I got $250 worth of stuff in terms of the SALE prices. NO! That is the total at the current, full MSRP prices - thus, only 6 games total! I'm not insane, after all ;).[/quote]
Nah not at all, I was just trying to convince myself that all the games are gone from X-mas so I wasn't forced to trek out to TRU and spend even more money. :D

I ended up getting Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, and Warioware Twisted. I never even heard about Atelier and Steambot, but everyone is buzzing about it here so I HAVE to try them out.

I also have a feeling the cashier or manager will freak out when my $150 purchase turns into $30.

I think I will as well. As little as I want to go to TRU at 8AM the day after XMas, I spent so much on pre-buys that I'm running low on cash. It would be nice to get the extra money back ASAP.

kspiff

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']So, when do you think we'll find it if this sale is really going to happen?[/quote]

Well, that would be just as the heading for this thread states: December 26th. ;)

[quote name='spideymike']Well, that would be just as the heading for this thread states: December 26th. ;)[/QUOTE]
Well, I figured we would atleast know by then. :p

I'm guessing benboxer works for TRU and can view the upcoming price drops. So I would think these prices are legit, esp. since this doesn't seem to be the first time he has reported drops before they happen.

kspiff

My local TRU was virtually cleaned out, but I didn't look very hard because they were super busy... I did get a Steambot Chronicles though to adjust on Tuesday (of which they had 1 or 2 more.)

Everyone should know that it's likely that there are more games on sale than what ben posted. For example, Valkyrie Profile PSP is on the list at my store for $19.98, which I did not see on ben's list. TRU price change lists only cover whats in stock at a store at the time the list is sent out, but when markdown games do show up, they also show at the new price.

FYI- some clearance is actually going UP in price. Tuesday Final Fantasy 4 is going to be up ten dollars to 19.98, so if you want it for $9.98, you better pick it up now.

[quote name='Roufuss']
I'll take my chances in the wild on the 26th ;)

The hunt for the games is the best part.[/quote]

Gave in, huh? :D

[quote name='kell']Gave in, huh? :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, well, I was in the area, and I just wanted to scope out what they had... it was right next door to Circuit City.

Believe me, I'll still hunt like hell on Tuesday ;)

I didn't expect this TRU to have anything anyways, I mostly went to find a DS game for my Mom, saw it on the shelf, and was like "eh, I'm here, might as well get it early".

Swung by my store today--grabbed Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, and Deep Labyrinth... nice way to add some sealed Atlus games to my collection :)

Dropped by TRU for fun during some last minute shopping... out of the DS games, I think I only saw RE (didn't have a full list). Props to me for being able to pass on a ton of mediocre games for cheap this year. ;)

[quote name='botticus']Dropped by TRU for fun during some last minute shopping... out of the DS games, I think I only saw RE (didn't have a full list). Props to me for being able to pass on a ton of mediocre games for cheap this year. ;)[/quote]

Don't worry. Next year is just around the corner. ;)

Does TRU not carry Metal Saga? It was weird to see them put all of Atlus's other games released around the same time on clearance but not this one.

Wow, there are some killer deals on that list, but I doubt my local TRU has anything. That Castlevania DoS price is amazing, good luck to people on tracking it down though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does TRU not carry Metal Saga? It was weird to see them put all of Atlus's other games released around the same time on clearance but not this one.[/QUOTE]
I know my local TRU carries a few copies of Metal Saga.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I know my local TRU carries a few copies of Metal Saga.[/QUOTE]

Weird... maybe this is also going on clearance? I know someone just said the OP's initial list is only what the OP has in his store.

It would make alot of sense for Metal Saga to also be clearanced right along with the other Atlus games.

bread's done
Back