Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

[quote name='doubledown']Is GTA DoublePack considered one or two games?[/quote]

It showed up as one game one the receipt.

[quote name='yarnvp'][quote name='doubledown']Is GTA DoublePack considered one or two games?[/quote]

It showed up as one game one the receipt.[/quote]

Ok thanks...maybe if I try to trade them without the box....it'll say two...who knows. I'm debating if I want to keep this or not....GTA has lost it's fun a bit...and I already played them on PS2...so now I just am waiting for GTA:SA (XBOX), since my PS2 is gone

I debated Preordering San Adreas for Xbox, never played it, no PS2. But the guy at Gamerush talked me out of it. He said he didn't like it as much as Vice City because the maps were so big, that it took to long to drive around. Ill prop wait and rent it first.

[quote name='yarnvp']I debated Preordering San Adreas for Xbox, never played it, no PS2. But the guy at Gamerush talked me out of it. He said he didn't like it as much as Vice City because the maps were so big, that it took to long to drive around. Ill prop wait and rent it first.[/quote]

Its better than Vice City because you can actually tell where you are since there's more variety in buildings and locals. Vice City had a few recognizable areas, but the innards were VERY repetative.

And you can use a parachute in this one :)

Definately waaaaaaay better than Vice City.

The levels are huge but that isn't ever a bad thing in this game since you can get to end to end quite quickly whenever you need to and the map is a lot better this time around.

I just got the call from my GR saying that Lumines is in!

[quote name='yarnvp']I debated Preordering San Adreas for Xbox, never played it, no PS2. But the guy at Gamerush talked me out of it. He said he didn't like it as much as Vice City because the maps were so big, that it took to long to drive around. Ill prop wait and rent it first.[/quote]
That man is crazy and you shouldn't have listened. There are very few things that make you drive around the whole state at once and enjoying the vastness of the map is half the fun. It only takes a few minutes tops to get from one end to the other once you get the hang of the roads. There's far faster means than cars to get around the state when you have full access too so it shouldn't be a worry.

[quote name='m2845']God of War is in stock! I picked it up this morning[/quote]

Sigh, knowing my GR, they are so strict on "release dates" that are a day later than every other retailer in the nation...one guy told me that it comes on on FRIDAY.

I'll go today and try my hand but doubt i'll come home with my copy. :(

[quote name='yarnvp']
Preordered Hitman: Blood Money.[/quote]

Just curious, does this have an official (or even a vague) release date? And I'm wondering if there will be a Collector's Edition of this game, since Hitman is quite a big name franchise...?

Is it better to do this trade trade in 3 get xtra$5 or is it better to do the Gamestop trade 3 get Xtra$10?

Is it trade 3 games and get an xtra $5 "per" game or for the whole 3?

Thx

I went and preordered Lumines and Ridge Racers on Monday but the employee was a bit clueless. He said he wasn't able to combine the deals, but he could lower the price of the games to $34.99 each. Better than nothing, considering I got back $86 for trading in Tekken 5 and 3 older games.

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='yarnvp']

Just curious, does this have an official (or even a vague) release date? And I'm wondering if there will be a Collector's Edition of this game, since Hitman is quite a big name franchise...?[/quote]

Gamerankings has it listed as sept. 2005 but I doubt that's written in concrete. Haven't heard anything about a collector's edition.

galleon is still fetching $18 in cred, spawn still gets $8 and robin hood is still getting $8

the ps2 memory cards still fetch $17(!)

Would they know if you bought games at one GR/BB and then traded them in at another?

Does BB accept trade ins? If so, do they sell them also?

Does GR/BB have a game exclusion list like EB?

[quote name='io'][quote name='crazytalkx'][quote name='io']
GBA - Dora the Explorer Super Spies: $17.50 :shock:[/quote]
and you have this game why????[/quote]

Actually, my 5 year old likes it quite a bit. It is really just a nice simple platformer that has some challenge for someone that young but doesn't make them die constantly like Super Mario 3. But it has that annoying password save, so I don't feel bad ditching it (though at least the password consists of stars and smileys, etc, instead of a string of 30 alphanumerics - makes it easier on little kids). I preordered Lego Star Wars for him with the tradeins so he'll be happy. Plus I picked it up for just $4 at Kmart. I'd say I made a good purchase :D

Actually, I plan on getting another next time Kmart has their game sale. Maybe two more - one for the boy, and another to trade in. I have the Land Before Time game as well which someone said fetches quite a bit at GR. But I'm keeping that for the kids as I only ever saw it once on sale at TRU.[/quote]

Oh, ok.....wow $13 gain.....KUDOS!

Just got back from my Gamerush with my sexy PSP in hand. My GR did a midnight event. This thing is awesome. Gave NFSU: Rivals a spin in the store. About 15 people there to pick up their PSPs. To top it off, my local GR had a raffle for a free PSP game and I won. I love Gamerush!!

way to go indomintable! just got back myself from my midnight event. only about 5 guys there picking up a PSP. I just put in Lumines and it's just as addicting as I'd read! Also have Wipeout and RidgeRacer just waiting... must sleep at some point tonight...

Surprisingly, my GR had God of War in when I went this afternoon, so I picked it up along with Lumines.

Congrats on getting your psps fellas, I will have mine tomorrow @ 10:01!

I just walked in at 11:30 ish and came out with my PSP and games. The manager was kinda mad cause the other manager said to keep the store open until 12:15. He said "if anybody comes in close to 12 looking for a PSP, I'm just going to sell it to them". I was the only one there picking up a PSP.

Just spent a few hours with Lumines. So addicting, must sleep.

tried to use the integrated wireless b, failed two times. Anybody tried it??
FYI, I used the infrastructure mode. My wireless network only have a security wep key. I did put the hex web key into the my PSP. Test connection always shows "a connectina error has occured (80110482)" :x

anybody can help me about that? thanks,

[quote name='Zennousha'][quote name='yarnvp']I debated Preordering San Adreas for Xbox, never played it, no PS2. But the guy at Gamerush talked me out of it. He said he didn't like it as much as Vice City because the maps were so big, that it took to long to drive around. Ill prop wait and rent it first.[/quote]
That man is crazy and you shouldn't have listened. There are very few things that make you drive around the whole state at once and enjoying the vastness of the map is half the fun. It only takes a few minutes tops to get from one end to the other once you get the hang of the roads. There's far faster means than cars to get around the state when you have full access too so it shouldn't be a worry.[/quote]

I wish I could get this game without all the swearing :(

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='yarnvp']

Just curious, does this have an official (or even a vague) release date? And I'm wondering if there will be a Collector's Edition of this game, since Hitman is quite a big name franchise...?[/quote]

It was in the GR computer as a Mid June release I think, It may have recently been pushed back though. no word of a CE.

Thanks for the input on GTA:SA. Now I feel like an idiot for listening to the GR employee, oh well I guess I will pick it up with credit later. Is it coming for Xbox this summer?

My psp connected to my wireless network with no problem Chior. Of course, right now i have the encryption off on the router, but it connected the first time i tried

[quote name='chior']tried to use the integrated wireless b, failed two times. Anybody tried it??
FYI, I used the infrastructure mode. My wireless network only have a security wep key. I did put the hex web key into the my PSP. Test connection always shows "a connectina error has occured (80110482)" :x

anybody can help me about that? thanks,[/quote]

Letters are case sensitive so make sure you have it right.

Got my psp at gamerush last night but theres dust underneath the screen! I might take it back later I haven't decided. Anyone else have a dusty psp?

[quote name='delahappy'][quote name='chior']tried to use the integrated wireless b, failed two times. Anybody tried it??

Letters are case sensitive so make sure you have it right.[/quote]

It still shows that stupid "a connectina error has occured (80110482)" after I turn off the encription. I was totally fucked!! :x

[quote name='chior'][quote name='delahappy'][quote name='chior']tried to use the integrated wireless b, failed two times. Anybody tried it??

Letters are case sensitive so make sure you have it right.[/quote]

It still shows that stupid "a connectina error has occured (80110482)" after I turn off the encription. I was totally shaq-fued!! :x[/quote]

Sorry then i don't know. Mine is working fine.

Ummmm, maybe you should make a PSP connecting to wireless thread instead of hi-jacking this one ;)

Also, GTA:SA (XBOX) release date is June 7 or 3rd or 6th...sometime that week :)

WTF? My GameRush still doesn't have Lumines (which I preordered) -- or at least the idiot non-GR employees there didn't find it for me. They looked it up and were like, "It won't be here until tomorrow." Tomorrow I board a plane for Vegas at 9am, so I sure won't be able to pick it up then.

I freaking HATE GameRush for A) their ignorant non-GR (and some of their GR) employees, and B) their lateness getting many new releases. It's a good thing their trade-ins and deals are so good, but there's only so much BS a man can take.

[quote name='ViolentLee']WTF? My GameRush still doesn't have Lumines (which I preordered) -- or at least the idiot non-GR employees there didn't find it for me. They looked it up and were like, "It won't be here until tomorrow." Tomorrow I board a plane for Vegas at 9am, so I sure won't be able to pick it up then.

I freaking HATE GameRush for A) their ignorant non-GR (and some of their GR) employees, and B) their lateness getting many new releases. It's a good thing their trade-ins and deals are so good, but there's only so much BS a man can take.[/quote]

My GR had my Lumines preorder but did not have my Wipeout. While I wasnt happy about it, I kind of expected it. GR has always had slow/late release dates. I still love my GR though. I preordered 5 games and the PSP and only paid $25 out of pocket. I traded in about 25 games and the credit covered the bill. I couldn't have done that at EB or Gamestop. I had enough other games preordered to keep me busy.

Can someone please explain how you can return an unopened game, that you'd pre-ordered at GR, for full credit? I had TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GC) po'd and got one copy, opened it, didn't like that you couldn't fully customize the controller (ala TS2).

Now, before I go get my other 2 po'd copies of the game from the other GR, I'd like to know how to do that. I don't think I could get away returning them to another store (2 GR's in my area), since my name's on the receipt and I'm a GR member at both stores. So, I'm probably outta luck. Plus, I don't want to get banned or something. Thanks for any info.

P.S. There's one way I might could get another game or credit. I might try and say that the other TS:FP that I have has some glitches in it. I've read about them (no lie). So if I tell them I'm afraid to get any more copies (that are for friends) of the game due to bugs in my other game, they might let me do that. I doubt it though.

My GR did something weird. I put $50 down on the Preorder, but when they rang it up, it lists the Hardware at $349.99 and then a $200 credit, so I only ended up owing $150 at time of pick up. So I guess I got my PSP for $200. Used the extra $50 I had on my value card to pick up a memory stick.

Yes, I would try that and I will. But last time, I had 2 copies of RE4 po'd (1 at each store). So when I went to the other location to ask if I could switch it to something else (the po had already come in), I think the guy meant I couldn't since it'd already came in. So who knows. I'll try asking that though. Thanks again.

GR in Norman,OK is double dipping on the "trade 3 +5" and "trade in 2, new games 30 deals."
Not sure if it works with the actual game guys because I had a couple of the regular employees do it.
Traded 3 games for 27.50 and ended up paying 5 dollars out of pocket for God of War. WOOT!

Traded in:
Xbox
Simpson's Hit and Run $13
Splinter Cell $8

GBA
Metroid Fusion $11

the above include the $5 bonus. Preordered Splinter Cell Chaos theory with no out of pocket cash. Had to get it after reading the review of the game on IGN.com

Traded a few games today, and the game guy say's "uh, I can't let you trade three for the extra $5 and do the trade 2 for $29.95 game, I will get in trouble". I said, "Uh, yes you can!, I have been doing all week. Go ask your manager over there, I did a trade with him 3 days ago." So after some talk with the manager, he came back and said, "no problem, we just don't do this for everybody".

I guess it helps to be a regular.

It's really funny when I have to tell the guys behind the counter at GR or EB how to do the deals.

The GR guy I dealt with yesterday only scanned the discount UPC once and tried to charge me an extra $40. He said, "That can't be right", so I said, "You need to scan the UPC 2 more times since I traded 6 and was buying 3" He say's "Oh, OK".

I love this site!
:lol: :lol:

[quote name='"yarnvp"'][quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='yarnvp']

I read in a magazine or game site somewhere that Eidos is having financial problems and had to delay Blood Money to this summer instead of its intended spring release date.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Doom 3 is supposedly having a midnight release on April 4th at Gamerush. Not sure if every GR is doing it, but I did see a little display up at the desk.

[quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='ViolentLee']WTF? My GameRush still doesn't have Lumines (which I preordered) -- or at least the idiot non-GR employees there didn't find it for me. They looked it up and were like, "It won't be here until tomorrow." Tomorrow I board a plane for Vegas at 9am, so I sure won't be able to pick it up then.

I freaking HATE GameRush for A) their ignorant non-GR (and some of their GR) employees, and B) their lateness getting many new releases. It's a good thing their trade-ins and deals are so good, but there's only so much BS a man can take.[/quote]

My GR had my Lumines preorder but did not have my Wipeout. While I wasnt happy about it, I kind of expected it. GR has always had slow/late release dates. I still love my GR though. I preordered 5 games and the PSP and only paid $25 out of pocket. I traded in about 25 games and the credit covered the bill. I couldn't have done that at EB or Gamestop. I had enough other games preordered to keep me busy.[/quote]

Yeah, it still has great deals. I guess you can't have everything. It'll still be my store of choice, especially when the cool-ass manager is around. I'd rather deal with disappointment every now and then instead of having to pay more out of pocket for stuff. It's not like I'm starving for games to play. I just needed to vent a little, y'know? :)

[quote name='"ksuwild25"'][quote name='yarnvp'][quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='yarnvp']

I read in a magazine or game site somewhere that Eidos is having financial problems and had to delay Blood Money to this summer instead of its intended spring release date.[/quote]

Yeah I think I heard that too. 25 to Life (another Eidos game) was pushed back also.

[quote name='ViolentLee']WTF? My GameRush still doesn't have Lumines (which I preordered) -- or at least the idiot non-GR employees there didn't find it for me. They looked it up and were like, "It won't be here until tomorrow." Tomorrow I board a plane for Vegas at 9am, so I sure won't be able to pick it up then.

What store is this? We had all ours in except for Tiger Woods last week and up to this morning.

i picked up my psp and twisted metal at FYE, finally got rid of the credit. i bought THUG 2, ridge racer, and lumines at gamerush. ill go tomorrow to get wipeout pure.

i love gamerush. i will go on sunday and trade 4 games (brothers in arms and 3 cheapies) and ill then have 9 games on preorder AND 180 in credit!. ill use the rest of the money to preorder 1 or 2 more psp games and then ill save it for next gen since i have 7 xbox games paid in full. im loving the current deals

Traded in:
Xbox
Simpson's Hit and Run $13
Splinter Cell $8

GBA
Metroid Fusion $11

the above include the $5 bonus. Preordered Splinter Cell Chaos theory with no out of pocket cash. Had to get it after reading the review of the game on IGN.com

Has anyopne had any thing wrong with their PSP? Ive seen 3 dead pixels. I wonder if something else goes wrong,will they let you swap it out or what? Any ideas. I know dead pixels are the norm for Lcds,but im talking more in a general sense of "what if something else goes wrong".

bread's done
Back