Song Of The Moment Abbreviated To SOTM

[quote name='headpiece747']FB - thanks for those Azat mixes I meant to download them awhile ago but the site was down and you reminded me.[/QUOTE]

Dude is sick. Wish he would release something that isn't free though, would love to own some wax with him on it

Currently listening to minimal/ambient multi-tag radio on last.fm, and this came up:

The Dead Texan - La Ballade d'Alain Georges

Might throw a drone tag in there for fun.

[quote name='rabbitt']Lightning Bolt's self-titled.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Electric Wizard - Funeralopolis 200%

Someone on /mu/ took Funeralopolis (a slow, plodding, heavy beast of a song) and sped it up 200% into a fast thrashing sonic wall. Bad-fucking-ass.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Passion Pit - Manners - I'm a few songs in and... it's alright.[/QUOTE]

I like a lot of shit music but I could never get into that band. Trying to emulate bad 80's music is a mistake as bad music is still bad music no matter what era your stealing from

[quote name='fart_bubble']I like a lot of shit music but I could never get into that band. Trying to emulate bad 80's music is a mistake as bad music is still bad music no matter what era your stealing from[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it other than their most popular single, which is at least catchy and fun. I have the same problem with MGMT.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I have the same problem with MGMT.[/QUOTE]

I never liked them but I'll still never forget them getting seriously pissed off because one of their albums got massively traded after they themselves leaked on purpose.

Little Dragon - s/t (album)

[quote name='fart_bubble']I never liked them but I'll still never forget them getting seriously pissed off because one of their albums got massively traded after they themselves leaked on purpose.

Little Dragon - s/t (album)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Seriously? I must have missed that. fuckin' hilarious.

After Manners finishes, I'm listening to Nicolay's City Lights Vol. 2: Shibuya.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']:lol: Seriously? I must have missed that. fuckin' hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they ended up blaming their fans for the shitty record sales

Alice Smith - For Lovers, Dreamers And Me (album)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glen Porter - Falling Down (album)

don't know if I ever got you to check out his first album, Blessed By A Young Death, but you would dig this guy woohoo

[quote name='fart_bubble']Glen Porter - Falling Down (album)

don't know if I ever got you to check out his first album, Blessed By A Young Death, but you would dig this guy woohoo[/QUOTE]

I'm on it. Thanks!

The Phenomenal Handclap Band - s/t (album)

this band's sound should not be able to work but yet it does. Its a mix of bad funk music and the gayest of the gay hipster bullshit

Artist: Raekwon
Song: Kiss the Ring (feat. Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa)
Album: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...Part II

YES! If you ever were a Wu fan or still are, buy this album now!

[quote name='headpiece747']Artist: Tame One
Song: Suede Adidas
Album: Acid Tab Vocab[/QUOTE]

just can't seem to get into that album

Massive Attack - Splitting The Atom (EP)

[quote name='fart_bubble']just can't seem to get into that album

Massive Attack - Splitting The Atom (EP)[/QUOTE]
I think Tame One has always been an acquired taste. His style is all over the place but that is why I like him because you never know what kind of words or music he is going to flip.

[quote name='headpiece747']I think Tame One has always been an acquired taste. His style is all over the place but that is why I like him because you never know what kind of words or music he is going to flip.[/QUOTE]

I liked When Rappers Attack and OG Bobby Johnson but I thought Da Ol' Jersey Bastard was frankly, mediocre. But this one I just can't get into at all. Then again, I think El Da Sensei has gone off the tracks lately as well

[quote name='st0neface']Huh, I didn't even know El had released anything since The Unusual.[/QUOTE]

he's released a few singles and he's been on quite a few other people's things though lately he's mostly been working with The Returners (ever since that Global Take Over album).

Onra - 1.0.8 (album)
such a killer album

Anomie Belle - Sleeping Patterns (album)

Boca 45 - Bombonera Sounds (EP)
Glen Porter - Blessed By A Young Death (album)
Musetta - Mice To Meet You (album)

man, I really wish Last.fm would fix their shit

Nicolay - Shibuya: City Lights Vol. 2
Ghostface Killah - Big Doe Rehab - Better than I remembered, though I still hate how he started using the word "$$$$$$" again
J. Cole - The Warm Up

[quote name='fart_bubble']that album is so hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

I kinda have to agree. I really liked it my first time through and then only a few tracks resonated with me the second time I played it. Then this morning, it was perfect background music.

Probably a 6 or 7/10 for me.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I kinda have to agree. I really liked it my first time through and then only a few tracks resonated with me the second time I played it. Then this morning, it was perfect background music.

Probably a 6 or 7/10 for me.[/QUOTE]

wish Shibuya Epilogue was longer, its the best thing on the record.

Little Dragon - Machine Dreams (album)
Musetta - Mice To Meet You (album)

Tsunenori - Promising (album)

sweet, new album from him. Landscape was one of the best albums of 08

Wax Tailor - In The Mood For Life (album)

bread's done
Back