knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - XBOX 360
Fry's 24.99
LIMIT 1 per household
http://shop2.frys.com/product/5821023?site=sa:Homepage:Spot2

Amazon has for 27.99 for you prime holders this is best.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G3AZS2/ref=pd_luc_sim_02_03

This is MUST HAVE in my book.
This is pretty awesome for you old school game lovers ..

details:
Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites. In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you'll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic's nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world's greatest fighting champions.

Game List Thanks to :
Slappybob

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle 1
Alien Storm
Alien Syndrome (arcade) 4 [2]
Altered Beast 1 7 [3]
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros. 1 5
Columns 1
Comix Zone 1
Congo Bongo (arcade) 4 [4]
Decap Attack 1
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 2
Dynamite Headdy
E-SWAT: City Under Siege
Ecco the Dolphin 1
Ecco: The Tides of Time 1
Fantasy Zone (arcade) 4 [5]
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky 2 1
Gain Ground 1
Golden Axe 1
Golden Axe II 1
Golden Axe III 1
Golden Axe Warrior (Sega Master System) 4 [6]
Kid Chameleon 1
Phantasy Star (Sega Master System) 3 4[5]
Phantasy Star II 1 3
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom 1 3
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium 1
Ristar 1 2
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing
Shinobi (arcade) 4 [7]
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master 1
Sonic 3D Blast 2
Sonic & Knuckles 2
Sonic Spinball 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 1 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 2
Space Harrier (arcade) 4 [8]
Streets of Rage 5
Streets of Rage 2 5
Streets of Rage 3 5
Super Thunder Blade 1
Vectorman 1 6
Vectorman 2 1 6
Zaxxon (arcade) 4

Amazons list:
Games Included:

• Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Columns
  • Comix Zone
  • Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
  • Dr. Robotnik's MBM
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Ecco II: The Tides of Time
  • E-SWAT
  • Fatal Labyrinth
  • Flicky
  • Gain Ground
  • Golden Axe I
  • Golden Axe II
  • Golden Axe III
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force 2
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic and Knuckles
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade
  • Vectorman
  • Vectorman 2
The Achievement List thanks to: Prayformojo
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/954264.html
Here are the achievements, can't tell how hard some of these will be to earn:

1. Get Rich Alex Kidd: Collect 1,000 in currency 25 points
2. Don't Die Alien Storm: Reach Mission 3 without losing a life 25 points
3. Enter the Beast Altered Beast: Collect 100,000 pts or higher by the end of the first level 10 points
4. Holy Water The Story of Thor: Unlock the Water Spirit 20 points
5. Stealing Points Bonanza Brothers: Reach 40,000 points on the first level 20 points
6. Easy as Pie Columns: Get 20,000 points only on Easy Mode 15 points
7. Hardly a Hero Comix Zone: Complete first episode 20 points
8. Get Ahead Decap Attack: Collect 5 Bonus Coins 30 points
9. Communication is Key Ecco: Talk to another dolphin 10 points
10. Taste Like Tuna Ecco: The Tides of Time: Eat 200 fish 20 points
11. Suit up E-SWAT: Obtain the Combat Suit (Complete Mission 2) 30 points
12. Don't Get Lost Fatal Labyrinth: Progress to the fifth level of the labyrinth 30 points
13. Getting Chicks Flicky: Collect 80,000 points 25 points
14. Garden Gnomes Golden Axe: Collect 20 magic power-ups 20 points
15. Tower Up Golden Axe II: Complete Tower Level 35 points
16. Saved by Magic Golden Axe III: Use magic 10 times 20 points
17. TGIF Kid Chameleon: Collect Maniaxe 35 points
18. Twinkle Twinkle Ristar: Collect 5 Yellow Stars 30 points
19. Yatta! Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M.: Complete the game 50 points
20. True Ninja Skills Shinobi III: Complete first level without using continues 30 points
21. Complete Chaos Sonic The Hedgehog: Obtain a Chaos Emerald 30 points
22. A Different Tail Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Collect 100 rings with Tails anywhere on Angel Island Zone 35 points
23. Flicky to the Rescue Sonic 3D Flickies' Island: Rescue 20 Flickies. 15 points
24. Lots of Zeros Sonic Spinball: Get 10,000,000 points in the first level 30 points
25. Get to the Chopper Super Thunder Blade: Score over 1,500,000 points in the first level 15 points
26. Three Times a Charm Streets of Rage: Complete 1st Level using all 3 characters 20 points
27. Good Day Mate Streets of Rage 3: Unlock Roo the Kangaroo as a playable character 15 points
28. Super Charged VectorMan: Collect 500 photons 45 points
29. Can You Dig It? VectorMan 2: Reach Scene 11 45 points
30. Blast Processing Play all MEGA DRIVE™ Titles 50 points
31. Master the System Unlock Everything 50 points
32. No Life Watch Every Video 50 points
33. Critique View all Artwork 50 points
34. Only in the '80s Play all Arcade Titles 50 points

Last edited by a moderator:
The shipping and tax kill the deal. The game will retail for $29.99 everywhere else.

Thanks for posting it though.

EDIT: Although the store pickup option works around the shipping cost.

Somehow, I get the feeling that this game is going to end up being flippable to BBV. I definitely want to get a copy for myself, but it will be interesting to see how BBV prices this game when it comes out. Legendary and Oblivion: GOTYE both sold for $30 brand new at GS, but were trading in at $30+ at BBV because they were selling them used for $55. I have a feeling they might do the same with this game.

I soooo wish this was hitting the Playstation Portable like the first one. I'm getting it anyway, but I'd love Shining in the Darkness and Shining Force 2 portable.

EDIT: I had TOTALLY forgotten what Golden Axe Warrior was! I figured it was just a dumbed down Master System version of Golden Axe, but it's not, it's a Zelda style game. Now that I'm thinking about it, i think it was supposed to be really good. Heck, I might buy that for $30 just for that one game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I soooo wish this was hitting the Playstation Portable like the first one. I'm getting it anyway, but I'd love Shining in the Darkness and Shining Force 2 portable.

EDIT: I had TOTALLY forgotten what Golden Axe Warrior was! I figured it was just a dumbed down Master System version of Golden Axe, but it's not, it's a Zelda style game. Now that I'm thinking about it, i think it was supposed to be really good. Heck, I might buy that for $30 just for that one game.[/quote]

Yeh, Golden Axe Warrior is a pretty decent old school Zelda game. I still got my original copy. Picked it up for $10 back in the day in the discount bin at KB Toys. Aaahhhhhh, the glory days :cry:

This collection is a must buy, what an insane collection of games. This would be what...$300 on Virtaul Console lol :roll:

I didn't realize it was already coming out next week... I was thinking end of the month.

It's currently $28 on Amazon, so that's going to be a better deal than Fry's with tax/shipping, or driving to a Fry's and picking it up. If it is that price next week, I may make a trip into the office for once since it's right down the street.

[quote name='JoNJoN']Yeh, Golden Axe Warrior is a pretty decent old school Zelda game. I still got my original copy. Picked it up for $10 back in the day in the discount bin at KB Toys. Aaahhhhhh, the glory days :cry:

This collection is a must buy, what an insane collection of games. This would be what...$300 on Virtaul Console lol :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not to mention you actually own it, and can gasp/shock/horror play it on any system you want :lol:

I can't wait! I just don't get why there's no PSP version :(

I ALMOST bought a Master System from KB Toys back in the early/mid 90s, but money for stuff like this was a lot tighter then. (Well, probably n ot really, I just don't have the sense to save as much as I should :roll: )

[quote name='One4Deuce']All those games are going to be on this??!?!?! I'd buy just for the three Streets of Rage games. This is now a must buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. I'm SOOOOO glad to finally have a chance to buy those, as I missed them back in the day (other than renting them). Streets of Rage 1 is still one of my favorite fighting games ever, and I know 2 and 3 are supposed to be even better (although the music in 3 is waaaaay worse, I guess.)

Oh, the other thing I wish is that it didn't just repeat all the games from the first collection-although why not I guess, since they wouldn't take up much room. But I wish there were even more new ones.

Kid Chameleon IMO is one of the best platformers ever. It's crazy long, and has a TON of power ups that are awesome. I don't know how many levels it has. My brother and I went over 100 in a few days (leaving it on the whole time), and still couldn't beat it. There's a trick though to actually warp from the very first level to the end guy of the game, who's not THAT hard to beat (thankfully).

I'd put maybe that and the Tomba! games on par with the Super Mario Bros. series, if not a bit better. (The controls felt more floaty than I remembered though.)

The other bad thing is that a bunch of really important Sega games are missing because of licensing. Stuff like Revenge of Shinobi, Castle of Illusion (another absolutely first rate platformer), among others.

Hopefully more compilations like this and the Namco one will hit the market. I'd prefer disc based VC/Arcade games than downloaded ones. Also maybe if these types of disc based games start becoming more prominent on the market it will cause DLC to go down. I know alot of gamers will buy classic games out of nostalgia or convenience, but I'll pull out my old cart copies before rebuying most of these overpriced rehashes.

I'm not really in to arcade games much-even the late 80's early 90's stuff doesn't seem as fun as it used to back in the day. But these collections of relatively modern console games are awesome :)

This is a great collection of games. It will be a must buy for me, though I have quite the back log buildling up.

The only thing I was wishing for was some Earthworm Jim and Toe Jam & Earl ... I think those were on Sega (possibly multi-platform). Let the nostalgia come! This is a great collection of games, though.

And someone said "overpriced re-hashes", it is 30 dollars for over 40 games? That doesn't sound overpriced to me. Better than having to drag out the Genesis and keep all those cartridges around, IMO.

I think they were saying that about the downloadable/rental content on the console services, versus this being a lot cheaper (and you own it). Not 100% sure though.

[quote name='MattVid']This is a great collection of games. It will be a must buy for me, though I have quite the back log buildling up.

The only thing I was wishing for was some Earthworm Jim and Toe Jam & Earl ... I think those were on Sega (possibly multi-platform). Let the nostalgia come! This is a great collection of games, though.

And someone said "overpriced re-hashes", it is 30 dollars for over 40 games? That doesn't sound overpriced to me. Better than having to drag out the Genesis and keep all those cartridges around, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. I'd pay 30 bucks for Phantasy Star IV ALONE, so this is the deal of the year for me.

Phantasy Star 4 (and a lot of these) are already available though in the previous pack, if you want to play them portabley.

Unfortunately I didn't like it nearly as much as I did when I rented it back in the day. (Some interface issues, like if I'm remembering correct, you couldn't tell how new equipment in stores would affect you until you bough it.)

Since this has trophies, doesn't that preclude the saves from being portable (unlike the PS2 version)?

I could not be more in agreement over being able to own these, but the saves might be held hostage :(

I would be all over this if the shipping wasn't so high. To bad there are no Fry's near where I live.

worth the cash just for Phantasy stars and the Shining force games but i would mostly just play these..

Loved to had a Shining force 1-2 on a handheld : (

Alien Syndrome
Congo Bongo
Golden Axe 1
Golden Axe II 1
Golden Axe III 1
Golden Axe Warrior (Sega Master System) 4 [6]
Phantasy Star (Sega Master System) 3 4[5]
Phantasy Star II 1 3
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom 1 3
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium 1
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing
Streets of Rage 5
Streets of Rage 2 5
Streets of Rage 3 5

I'm completely stoked about the Sonic series, Streets of Rage series and Shining Force series. Those were my 3 favorite franchises on the Genesis. I'm also looking forward to playing Beyond Oasis again. The biggest omission IMO is Toe Jam & Earl.

Here are the achievements, can't tell how hard some of these will be to earn:

1. Get Rich Alex Kidd: Collect 1,000 in currency 25 points
2. Don't Die Alien Storm: Reach Mission 3 without losing a life 25 points
3. Enter the Beast Altered Beast: Collect 100,000 pts or higher by the end of the first level 10 points
4. Holy Water The Story of Thor: Unlock the Water Spirit 20 points
5. Stealing Points Bonanza Brothers: Reach 40,000 points on the first level 20 points
6. Easy as Pie Columns: Get 20,000 points only on Easy Mode 15 points
7. Hardly a Hero Comix Zone: Complete first episode 20 points
8. Get Ahead Decap Attack: Collect 5 Bonus Coins 30 points
9. Communication is Key Ecco: Talk to another dolphin 10 points
10. Taste Like Tuna Ecco: The Tides of Time: Eat 200 fish 20 points
11. Suit up E-SWAT: Obtain the Combat Suit (Complete Mission 2) 30 points
12. Don't Get Lost Fatal Labyrinth: Progress to the fifth level of the labyrinth 30 points
13. Getting Chicks Flicky: Collect 80,000 points 25 points
14. Garden Gnomes Golden Axe: Collect 20 magic power-ups 20 points
15. Tower Up Golden Axe II: Complete Tower Level 35 points
16. Saved by Magic Golden Axe III: Use magic 10 times 20 points
17. TGIF Kid Chameleon: Collect Maniaxe 35 points
18. Twinkle Twinkle Ristar: Collect 5 Yellow Stars 30 points
19. Yatta! Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M.: Complete the game 50 points
20. True Ninja Skills Shinobi III: Complete first level without using continues 30 points
21. Complete Chaos Sonic The Hedgehog: Obtain a Chaos Emerald 30 points
22. A Different Tail Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Collect 100 rings with Tails anywhere on Angel Island Zone 35 points
23. Flicky to the Rescue Sonic 3D Flickies' Island: Rescue 20 Flickies. 15 points
24. Lots of Zeros Sonic Spinball: Get 10,000,000 points in the first level 30 points
25. Get to the Chopper Super Thunder Blade: Score over 1,500,000 points in the first level 15 points
26. Three Times a Charm Streets of Rage: Complete 1st Level using all 3 characters 20 points
27. Good Day Mate Streets of Rage 3: Unlock Roo the Kangaroo as a playable character 15 points
28. Super Charged VectorMan: Collect 500 photons 45 points
29. Can You Dig It? VectorMan 2: Reach Scene 11 45 points
30. Blast Processing Play all MEGA DRIVE™ Titles 50 points
31. Master the System Unlock Everything 50 points
32. No Life Watch Every Video 50 points
33. Critique View all Artwork 50 points
34. Only in the '80s Play all Arcade Titles 50 points

I wonder how they will handle the interface, the Namco collection requires you to launch some games from the Arcade dashboard and it also did not include achievements for any of the titles not already on XBLA, still it is a nice collection, esp. if you don't have the XBLA titles already.

pretty good deal if it is this price in stores when it's out...

the price isnt too bad on amazon considering no tax for most and free shipping.

I'm sure the game will be great, I just wish it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles together rather than separately. Apart, they are only okay because they are short, but together makes an amazing game.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I'm sure the game will be great, I just wish it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles together rather than separately. Apart, they are only okay because they are short, but together makes an amazing game.[/quote]

I'd be very surprised if SUGC didn't give you the option of playing Sonic 3 with S&K.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']No Shining Force Achievements? No deal.[/quote]

Seriously? The games themselves aren't good enough?

Thanks Knight...I'm assuming it's also going to be $24.99 in stores (PS3), at least hopefully in SoCal. If only Amazon had it for less than a paltry 10% off, I'd get it there...

Whoops, it's actually only 6.67% off, at $27.99, on amazon.

And they should include Sega CD hits (not sure if they do or don't). Hell, what about Saturn Hits???

[quote name='JoNJoN']Yeh, Golden Axe Warrior is a pretty decent old school Zelda game. I still got my original copy. Picked it up for $10 back in the day in the discount bin at KB Toys. Aaahhhhhh, the glory days :cry:

This collection is a must buy, what an insane collection of games. This would be what...$300 on Virtaul Console lol :roll:[/quote]

I agree...I thought the PS2 Sega Genesis Collection was good, but hot damn, this one is unreal. It would be perfect if, as mentioned, it had a few more Sega Genesis RPGs (Crusader of Centy, Sword of Vermillion, Master of Monsters, some others I can't remember), some Sega CD games, and Sega Saturn games (RPGS!!! And the Japanese only games!!!). But not all of the games I'm thinking of are owned by Sega anyway.

And $300 on the virtual console, heh...I guess you could also go the other way, and say "but these are free if you emulate". Either way, this one is definitely on the top of my "to acquire" list. Now, all I need is another PS3 20% used games coupon from Gamestop and a copy of this game foolishly traded in by some idiot nearby...$28 on amazon is super tempting, but if I can get it for $22 or so that would be phenomenal.

Man, I can't believe some of the games on this...the entire Streets of Rage trilogy, Phantasy 1-4, Shining Force 1 and 2, hell Fatal Labyrinth...I actually beat that damn game on the Genesis, along with one of the most brutal torture sessions, Super Hydlide.

This collection wasn't even on my radar. Thanks OP. Wish I was back home in LA but I guess i'm going to go through amazon.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I'm sure the game will be great, I just wish it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles together rather than separately. Apart, they are only okay because they are short, but together makes an amazing game.[/QUOTE]

So the Sonics aren't the linked versions?

bread's done
Back