Sony Rewards Blu-ray/DVD Points thread

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I figured I'd create a thread in the movie section for Sony's Reward system. Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively. Registration is completely free.

Now the best part about this is the codes are multi-use. So anyone who buys a Sony pictures studio movie can pass along their code in this thread. I've made it a Wiki thread so you can easily add your code to the list. Please post in the thread which code you've added as well, thanks.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/discs/

Here's the current list of eligible movies and some points to get things rolling:

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community Season 3 (DVD) - K6EBUP7C
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-Ray) - TX58L9CK **Added August 1st**
Evil Dead (DVD)
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Blu-ray) -F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (DVD) - X862S38Y
Here Comes the Boom (Blu-ray) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) - 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D Blu-Ray) - RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-Ray) -RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) - 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards: Season One (Blu-Ray)
House of Cards: Season One (DVD)
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (blu-ray) - None included
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) - XPXQT87A
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black 3 (DVD) N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) -3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) - UEDXHUCF **Added August 16th**
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD)
Parker (Blu-Ray) - 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) - LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation (Blu-ray) - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
The Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
The Smurf's (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) - K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) - CRDC8VJ8
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) -- C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 4-Discs) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-Ray)
- 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD)
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray)- QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) - BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3-discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-Ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7x7262J8
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) - UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

Notes:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 day period with a maximum of 3 disk registrations per day
Red = Titles that are either not released yet, or no code has been posted for it

===========================================================================

So that's 945 points so far (1465 for cardholders). Feel free to post any for other movies listed there! Eventually we can earn enough to get some movies and other rewards from their site \\ :D/

Also I do realize there is a Sony Reward thread in the PS3 section, but it's a bit of a mess with movie codes posted here and there. I figured since this is a movie section it's best to have them all neatly organized in a centralized section.

(credit to the folks at Blu-ray.com for some of these codes)
============================================================================
Other ways to earn points

Get up to 250 points for playing the Elysium game. You don't actually have to play, just hit the Share link found on the page (under the game window) login to get 50 points, share on fb for another 200:

http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/game/safepassage/

Get Up to 250 Points by playing the White House Down game. 50 Points for playing, another 200 for sharing on FB: http://www.whitehousedown.com/game/enterthesecretservice/?sr=1
Wheel of Fortune Game for 10 pts:
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

Answers for Wheel of Fortune are posted here daily right at the top of the page:
http://www.wheeloffortunesolutions.com/bonuspuzzle.html

yayawoo said:
Free 250 Sony Rewards Points by Playing This Is The End Game and Sharing on FB You will be asked to download the Unity Web Player.

1) Login to your Sony Reward account sonyrewards.com
2) Go to the Ways to Earn page: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/earn/opportunities/
3) Click on the "This is the End - in Theaters June 12"
4) Download the Unity Web Player when asked
5) Play the game to get 50 points
6) Share on the FB to get 200 points

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='my2k2zx2']5k bonus points just posted from last month's promo.[/QUOTE]

When did you redeem your points? I'm still waiting for mine to show up, and I redeemed right after I signed up for the promo on Jan 7th.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Did you get a notice that the bonus points expire on 3/31/2013?[/QUOTE]

No, but it says that in my account. (Sorry I haven't been on CAG for 6 days).

Just a heads up, looks like they are doing something similar to the interactive Looper trailer for the Evil Dead remake. Its listed as coming soon under the "Ways to Earn" section of the website.

[quote name='mpaullin']Just a heads up, looks like they are doing something similar to the interactive Looper trailer for the Evil Dead remake. Its listed as coming soon under the "Ways to Earn" section of the website.[/QUOTE]

nice, another easy 250 points soon. Thanks for the info!

Anyone else having trouble getting stuff from Sony Rewards using a credit card? I'm a little over $1 away from getting a PSN code. Tried to pay the rest using my credit card and it says something along the lines "We are having technical difficulties using credit cards". It has been giving me this message for a week (well, I tried it a few times last Tuesday and that happened, I tried it again today with the same problem).

[quote name='mpaullin']Anyone else having trouble getting stuff from Sony Rewards using a credit card? I'm a little over $1 away from getting a PSN code. Tried to pay the rest using my credit card and it says something along the lines "We are having technical difficulties using credit cards". It has been giving me this message for a week (well, I tried it a few times last Tuesday and that happened, I tried it again today with the same problem).[/QUOTE]

Sorry, haven't done that in a while, I did use my PlayStation Visa credit card to pay for the rest of a $50 PSN card after using a balance of 3900 Sony Rewards Points last fall without any problems. Sounds like some kind of error with Sony Rewards at the moment :/

[quote name='mpaullin']Anyone else having trouble getting stuff from Sony Rewards using a credit card? I'm a little over $1 away from getting a PSN code. Tried to pay the rest using my credit card and it says something along the lines "We are having technical difficulties using credit cards". It has been giving me this message for a week (well, I tried it a few times last Tuesday and that happened, I tried it again today with the same problem).[/QUOTE]

Okay, I figured this out. It seems like their site is screwing up remembering card information. I kept trying to checkout using my Sony card that I always use. When I went to edit the card info I saw that the expiration was wrong and they had gibberish where my name should be. I manually edited it and was able to checkout okay.

having trouble registering codes, I can enter the code but it ask for name of movie and theres no place to enter it. Any help would be great, thanks..

Select the title of the movie from the drop-down list in the box directly underneath the box where you input the code.

Men In Black (Blu-Ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
also there are two entries for The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (3 Disc & 4 Disc) use the same code for each... ZTAHMQS8

[quote name='TheCarsForever']You would likely do well to read the first post in this thread as it gives you a pretty good idea of what is going on and how to earn points. All in all this is Sony's loyalty program similar to Disney Movie Rewards or My Coke Rewards - enter codes, get points, use points to get stuff. While a little annoying how they limit entry of codes, it is pretty easy to get a decent amount of points and they can be used in the Sony Store as well as through the rewards site.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, I read the OP and don't see any of that mentioned. I recently purchased a PS Vita and a 2nd Ps3, are you saying I can get points for registering them?

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']I'm confused, I read the OP and don't see any of that mentioned. I recently purchased a PS Vita and a 2nd Ps3, are you saying I can get points for registering them?[/QUOTE]

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I see the following in the first post:
"Everytime you buy a Sony Blu-ray or DVD it comes with a code that allows you to register your disc at sonyrewards.com. You get 30 points per BD, 15 points per DVD, and if you're a Sony Cardholder you get 45 points, and 25 points respectively."
From what I am aware Sony movies - DVD, Blu Ray and tickets from theatres - earn points, but not Sony games. You can use the points to get things related to the Vita and Playstation though.

there used to be a way to get points (up to 2K points, if I remember right) by registering Sony products. But I believe this is no longer the case.
As TheCarForever mentioned, now, it is only via the movie codes, the movie tickets, and some special offers they throw here and there (like the looper thing).
There is also 10 points daily (M-F) for the wheel of fortune game

[quote name='Teujip']
There is also 10 points daily (M-F) for the wheel of fortune game[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on that? I don't see anything about it on the Sony rewards site.

Looks like Sony Rewards has lowered prices for some gift cards for this weekend (Feb 23-24)

Some of the $25 GCs that were 3500 pts are on sale for 2975 pts -- not too bad if you need to use up the bonus 2500/5000 pts before Mar 31

Ordered a $25 GC for 2975 pts to use up my bonus 2500 pts

[quote name='JaTaN']Looks like Sony Rewards has lowered prices for some gift cards for this weekend (Feb 23-24)

Some of the $25 GCs that were 3500 pts are on sale for 2975 pts -- not too bad if you need to use up the bonus 2500/5000 pts before Mar 31

Ordered a $25 GC for 2975 pts to use up my bonus 2500 pts[/QUOTE]

Noticed that too. Probably will get a $50 Kmart card with my bonus 5k.

It's YMMV.

Logged in to one of my Sony Reward account and saw the followings:

Get 2500 Bonus Points on your next purchase
- Get 2500 Bonus Points at checkout when you redeem 2500 points or more. Don't delay - offer expires February 28, 2013. Enter coupon code at checkout: SWEETDEAL25.

- Offer excludes all Gift Cards, Movie Tickets, PlayStationPlus Subscriptions & Playstation Network Codes

---> Updated:
> The bonus points are deducted from your order at checkout.
> I ordered a game and it required me to pay $6 for 600 points for shipping even though I have enough point to cover that 600.
> Some received 5000 bonus points. I think it depends how many free points you got from the last free bonus point deal.

[quote name='yayawoo']It's YMMV.

Logged in to one of my Sony Reward account and saw the followings:

Get 2500 Bonus Points on your next purchase
- Get 2500 Bonus Points at checkout when you redeem 2500 points or more. Don't delay - offer expires February 28, 2013. Enter coupon code at checkout: SWEETDEAL25.

- Offer excludes all Gift Cards, Movie Tickets, PlayStationPlus Subscriptions & Playstation Network Codes

---> Updated:
> The bonus points are deducted from your order at checkout.
> I ordered a game and it required me to pay $6 for 600 points for shipping even though I have enough point to cover that 600.
> Some received 5000 bonus points. I think it depends how many free points you got from the last free bonus point deal.[/QUOTE]

still not on in on that one. oh well maybe next time

First post here on CAG. But I am a longtime Sony Rewards member and also carry a Sony card.

Currently you're only allowed to redeem 3 codes per month, though sometimes it lets you add more.

I think I have the correct info, through my own disk registration analysis, regarding on how many disk codes can be redeemed per month:

It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 or 31 day period and maximum 3 disk registrations per day

^yep that sounds about right based on what others have said over at Blu-ray.com. I'll update the op to state that

edit: I see that you already did, thanks :)

I updated the list in the Wiki post. I compared the official Sony Rewards list with the one listed here and added any missing titles to the CAG list. All disks with missing codes are now listed in red.

Also, I noticed that for two titles the Sony Rewards website lists duplicate entries that were not listed here before (which usually refers to 3D special edition disks or sets).

So, it's worth trying to register those disk codes again for the following titles:

Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ & The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8

[quote name='JWM']I updated the list in the Wiki post. I compared the official Sony Rewards list with the one listed here and added any missing titles to the CAG list. All disks with missing codes are now listed in red.

Also, I noticed that for two titles the Sony Rewards website lists duplicate entries that were not listed here before (which usually refers to 3D special edition disks or sets).

So, it's worth trying to register those disk codes again for the following titles:

Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ & The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I like the changes! :applause:

Is shipping supposed to be free?
I am getting charged with "Buy 600 points to purchase this order now! That's not much when the points can be yours for $6.00."

I have to spend 300 points by the end of March and CDs are all I can afford. Figure I'll go with BEETHOVEN: SYM NO 5; OVERTURES.

[quote name='jjmai']Is shipping supposed to be free?
I am getting charged with "Buy 600 points to purchase this order now! That's not much when the points can be yours for $6.00."[/QUOTE]

I see this message during checkout: "Shipping & handling is included with most items in the catalog." Then check terms and conditions for complete details. Are you after a DotD, DotW, or reverse acution item? Those may have additional shipping charges, it says.

EDIT: Those bastards! 41 points for tax on a free item!?!?!?

[quote name='JWM']
It is 10 disk registrations in a ROLLING 30 or 31 day period and maximum 3 disk registrations per day[/QUOTE]

Do you mean we can enter 10 disk codes per 30 or 31 days period as long as we don't enter more than 3 disk codes in a day?

The Evil Dead thing is live now - I got the 50 but not the 200 for sharing...just have to click on the book (necromnanamamamamamanan) -

[quote name='Sauron96']The Evil Dead thing is live now - I got the 50 but not the 200 for sharing...just have to click on the book (necromnanamamamamamanan) -[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get the 200 points either...

Update: Tried again on the second day, and got the 200pts.

[quote name='yayawoo']Do you mean we can enter 10 disk codes per 30 or 31 days period as long as we don't enter more than 3 disk codes in a day?[/QUOTE]

Something like that

[quote name='jjmai']I couldn't get the 200 points either...[/QUOTE]
Same here "Sorry, you are not eligible for this promotion"

yep, the Evil Dead site worked great for me too. I'm hoping to get enough points soon to redeem another $10 PSN code...would be great to use in the "Spend $50 on PSN get $10 back" campaign :)

I created a Facebook just to do promotional stuff like this but apparently you need at least 17 friends to do the Evil Dead thing. Oh well...

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']I created a Facebook just to do promotional stuff like this but apparently you need at least 17 friends to do the Evil Dead thing. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

That's really dumb. I only have a fb account for stuff like this.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's really dumb. I only have a fb account for stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

You guys should become friends and find 15 others who only use facebook for promotional stuff.

bread's done
Back