Soul Calibur IV Premium Edition - $59.99 at Best Buy

ZackScott

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon still has it at $80 in stock last time I checked. I'm hoping it'll be knocked down there soon.

[quote name='ajdude101']I bought one today at a Bestbuy in NJ, used the 10% off coupon too.[/quote]

Link to the coupon please.

NVM..found it.

Almost bought it until I realized it was PS3 only. Everything PS3 gets discounted before 360 it seems between this, the fighting stick, the guitar hero controller and bundle, army of two.. and so on and so on..

[quote name='foundation']Almost bought it until I realized it was PS3 only. Everything PS3 gets discounted before 360 it seems between this, the fighting stick, the guitar hero controller and bundle, army of two.. and so on and so on..[/QUOTE]

While that is good for us cheapasses, it doesn't speak well of the PS3's success.

[quote name='foundation']Almost bought it until I realized it was PS3 only. Everything PS3 gets discounted before 360 it seems between this, the fighting stick, the guitar hero controller and bundle, army of two.. and so on and so on..[/quote]

Show some love for PS3. Geez.

[quote name='foundation']Almost bought it until I realized it was PS3 only. Everything PS3 gets discounted before 360 it seems between this, the fighting stick, the guitar hero controller and bundle, army of two.. and so on and so on..[/quote]

The problem being? :roll:

[quote name='SDC']While that is good for us cheapasses, it doesn't speak well of the PS3's success.[/QUOTE]

that, and also the fact that namco made one lame premium package that nobody wants

[quote name='punkmaggit']The problem being? :roll:[/QUOTE]

The problem being that I've played both online extensively (have good friends on both systems) and the 360 has given me no lag, slowdown, or freezing while allowing me to manage the whole thing more easily IMO. Same could be said for every game that I've played on both systems. 360 gives me a better online experience, hands down. That's where the problem lies. I prefer 360 when given a choice, and the 360 versions appear to sell better causing me to have to consistently pay more while the PS3 folks do the backstroke in their sea of saved money scrooge mcduck style. That's the problem, punkmaggit. :roll:

[quote name='taggout']Show some love for PS3. Geez.[/QUOTE]

I do have some love for the PS3. I love Tekken DR and the blu-ray/dvd upscaler. The interface is slick as hell too.

[quote name='phantomer']that, and also the fact that namco made one lame premium package that nobody wants[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe, except that the 360 version hasn't been discounted.

[quote name='MrRedrum']A little FYI for everyone, the 360 version has also been discounted. I'm just pissed now since I just bought the regular version for $59.99 in the TRU buy one get one half off deal. Anyone know if the "Premium Edition" comes with a sealed version of the regular game inside the tin box?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...libur&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1215216551432[/quote]

It does on the PS3 version, I'm sure it does on the 360 version also.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']It does on the PS3 version, I'm sure it does on the 360 version also.[/quote]

Alright cool, thanks! I'm sure it does as well. Time to buy the game again *sigh* lol. We go from a "gaming drought" to a freaking gaming monsoon lol.

At first I thought "Oh no! I just paid that much for the regular edition!" then I remember the only worthwhile difference was a code for $1.50 worth of DLC.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']This was one pecial edition i won't own. There no way the t-shirt would fit me, so there's no point of me getting it.[/quote]

Ugh. For some reason they think everyone who buys the game is an over-weight, Cheetos-stained slob who needs an XL (no offense to anyone who where's an XL and is not over-weight and/or Cheetos-stained).

I wear S shirts, and it's really annoying. I recall the Half-Life 2 limited edition was just an over-sized t-shirt box with a DVD inside, the shirt itself being more fitting as a bed-sheet.

[quote name='johnnypark']Ugh. For some reason they think everyone who buys the game is an over-weight, Cheetos-stained slob who needs an XL (no offense to anyone who where's an XL and is not over-weight and/or Cheetos-stained).

I wear S shirts, and it's really annoying. I recall the Half-Life 2 limited edition was just an over-sized t-shirt box with a DVD inside, the shirt itself being more fitting as a bed-sheet.[/quote]

Hahaha, let's not get started with this again. :lol:

[quote name='johnnypark']Ugh. For some reason they think everyone who buys the game is an over-weight, Cheetos-stained slob who needs an XL (no offense to anyone who where's an XL and is not over-weight and/or Cheetos-stained).

I wear S shirts, and it's really annoying. I recall the Half-Life 2 limited edition was just an over-sized t-shirt box with a DVD inside, the shirt itself being more fitting as a bed-sheet.[/quote]

well, i actually can fit into a large or xl, if it's either a L-tall or Xl-tall. I usually end up having to get an xxl, just because they're so much longer than normal l or xl shirts. I'm huge by the way, i go 6'3" 240, but no offense is taken.

heh, I'm like 6'7'' with broad shoulders and 3XLT is a good start for me. :roll:

[quote name='BlueSwim']The shirt really isn't as huge as the XL sizing would have you believe. It's roomy, but not too big for the smaller people to wear it. I don't think the size is(no pun intended) as big of an issue as everyone makes it out to be. I reviewed the Premium Edition's contents on my CAG Blog here.[/quote]

I have to disagree and say it's actually big for an XL, bordering close to 2XL. Yea, I'm fatass but I'm trying to lose the pounds. Eiither way, if you can find it and you want SCIV, it's a decent deal. Personally if you haven't bought the game yet, I would wait till it just drops in price next year or sooner.

[quote name='Thongsy']I have to disagree and say it's actually big for an XL, bordering close to 2XL. Yea, I'm fatass but I'm trying to lose the pounds. Eiither way, if you can find it and you want SCIV, it's a decent deal. Personally if you haven't bought the game yet, I would wait till it just drops in price next year or sooner.[/quote]

I'm not a big guy but it really didn't feel that overly huge on me. It was a little long though.

I'm usually really good at keeping my receipts, but I lost the one for my CE edition and the guy I called at BB told me I needed it for the refund and no, he couldn't just look up my Reward Zone purchases and print me out a new one.

Oh well, lesson learned.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Thats bull they can look up the receipt by you credit card number. I have done it takes less than 5 min.[/quote]

Paid in cash, I'm afraid. Student loans fucked up my credit but good and I can't get a decent credit line.

Thanks OP! I ordered online with in-store pickup to save the original $10. Called up BB.com and they refunded $10.49 without any hesitation! CE for reg. ed. price, w00t!!! :D

Dammit.. and to think I paid the same price for the regular edition only a month ago. Oh well, this looks like it'll keep dropping.

bread's done
Back