Soul Calibur IV Premium Edition 69.99 at BB.com

It hasn't been confirmed if it will include a regular dvd case for the game. You might get stuck with a paper sleeve like Wii Sports. Might be a good idea to wait until someone gets it in hand and checks to see what kind of case the game disc comes in. I've heard that there was a manufacturing problem with the LE and it won't be in stores until Tuesday. That would explain why everyone who has gotten it early has gotten the regular edition.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I thought it was a metal case?[/quote]
I think that's the thing its self; right?

combine this with the 10% off coupon for next week valid on games and you are looking at about $63 plus tax for the collectors edition. Also it comes with the pre-order bonus calendar at Best Buy. Not too bad a deal. The Premium version may actually be limited. I talked to some employees at Gamecrazy tonight who said it was too late to pre-order the collectors edition as they were all already spoken for.

[quote name='Purkeynator']combine this with the 10% off coupon for next week valid on games and you are looking at about $63 plus tax for the collectors edition. Also it comes with the pre-order bonus calendar at Best Buy. Not too bad a deal. The Premium version may actually be limited. I talked to some employees at Gamecrazy tonight who said it was too late to pre-order the collectors edition as they were all already spoken for.[/quote]

They are so lying, my gamecrazy got like 10 extra collectors editions in..

I ordered 2 just for the free yoda faceplates.

Hello ebay :)

Damn... tempting but I can't find any info at all about this being limited or in short supply so I'm hoping to pick it up later at a cheaper price.

[quote name='BlueSwim']What 10% coupon are you talking about? Is it the reward zone coupon?[/QUOTE]

I was about to post the same thing. Please tell us about this 10% off Coupon.

I know it varies by store but do a lot of people get these 10% coupons to work at BB a day or two after they expire?

I went ahead and printed this out just in case they change the price on Tuesday or something to $79.99. If you guys are interested in this maybe print it out and go for a Price Match...thats what I'm gonna do.

sounds good cant wait for the game hope this is true considering the game comes out in two days

I leave for work before the best buy stores open, does anyone know if "In store pick-up" will show up before the stores are open so I can order it and pick it up later at that price?

[quote name='KongaKing']I leave for work before the best buy stores open, does anyone know if "In store pick-up" will show up before the stores are open so I can order it and pick it up later at that price?[/QUOTE]

In the past, the ones that say coming soon have become available for store pick up sometime in the morning of the release date. I remember going to sleep at midnight with the comming soon still showing for Wii Fit, and then when I woke up for 5:30 they were already sold out, so that must have gone up by then.

In store pickup won't necessarily work if you order before employees are in the store. They won't give you the official verification letter until an employee at the store as validated that the item is in stock and that they've placed it in the pick up zone.

Just FYI, those 10% coupons don't work on new release games. But if you get one of those coupons a week after or so, you can always walk over to customer service and get a price match.

[quote name='dkn29']Just FYI, those 10% coupons don't work on new release games. But if you get one of those coupons a week after or so, you can always walk over to customer service and get a price match.[/QUOTE]

I've used it on new releases, it's usually the cashier who denied scanning it that's the problem.

Yeah, but I wonder if thats just because they just put it up.....I mean a item cant be backordered if it hasnt been sold yet.
I wonder if that will change tomorrow.

[quote name='HockeyDOg3133']Yeah, but I wonder if thats just because they just put it up.....I mean a item cant be backordered if it hasnt been sold yet.
I wonder if that will change tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Still backordered. I am wondering if anyone got these in.

I don't think it ever went on sale. The stores say out of stock for 500 miles, so it's probably one of those situations where they didn't scan the boxes in yet today. I had that happen a few times on release-date in-store pick-up purchases (i.e. Mass Effect).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Currently in Back-Ordered. Expect to ship within 1-2 weeks.[/quote]

Same thing happened with Bad company gold edition on launch day. The next day it was in stock.

Just got back from Best Buy. There were no limited edition in stock due to a distribution error, according to the employee in the games section. He was expecting them to arrive later today or tomorrow.

i don't mind getting mine from amazon cuz with gas/mbta prices and tax to the B&M OR with shipping and tax from the online store, the price is pretty much the same with amazon.

[quote name='foundation']I don't think it ever went on sale. The stores say out of stock for 500 miles, so it's probably one of those situations where they didn't scan the boxes in yet today. I had that happen a few times on release-date in-store pick-up purchases (i.e. Mass Effect).[/quote]

FYI, In Minnesota it does show a few stores in stock. Notably Maple Grove, MN. Although Best Buy corp is located here might have something to do with it.

I was refreshing last night, it appear to be backordered exactly 11:45pm PST. If you go to the search page, you'll see Coming Soon and if you click in there, there's an Add Cart and says backordered, sigh...

Just got back from the South Austin store. Two limited editions (PS3) in stock. Picked up one and had the cashier ring it up. $69.99. Cool. "Could you also try this (10% off) coupon?" No problem. Took the 10% off it along with the new Masters of Horrors Season 2 skull head release. Awesome. Definitely YMMV but absolutely worth trying. The coupon is floating around here and it expires today, so give it a shot.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Just got back from the South Austin store. Two limited editions (PS3) in stock. Picked up one and had the cashier ring it up. $69.99. Cool. "Could you also try this (10% off) coupon?" No problem. Took the 10% off it along with the new Masters of Horrors Season 2 skull head release. Awesome. Definitely YMMV but absolutely worth trying. The coupon is floating around here and it expires today, so give it a shot.[/quote]

I think the 10% BB coupon expired 7/28/08

I had to drive 10 freakin miles to pick up my copy. The closer Best Buy had it on the website but I called and the girl said they didn't have any of the Premium Edition. Oh well at least it wasn't my gas money :p.

[quote name='geminas01']I think the 10% BB coupon expired 7/28/08[/quote]

Geeze. You're right. I got an even better deal than I thought. Sorry for raising anybody's hopes. But, who knows, maybe someone else can score with an expired discount.

Bought it at the Best Buy in Bloomington. Rang up for 69.99 and the cashier let me use the 10% off coupon. Total ended up being 68 dollars after tax.

Thanks for tip!

I got the ps3 premium for 69.99 and tried to use the 10% coupon. It scanned, but showed as expired in the system and wouldn't give me any discount. I don't know how you guys are getting it to work without a manager override or something like that.

bread's done
Back