SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

June 20, 2008 - IGN Reveals New CAS Screenshots

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/739/739576/imgs_1.html

soulcaliburiv2008062010uu6.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010rf5.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010og8.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010gc3.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010to3.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010xl5.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010pk9.jpg

soulcaliburiv2008062010dg5.jpg

Looking at the screenshots it looks like you will be able to customize breast size, skin color, and muscle tone/size. It also looks like theres lots of little accessories like glasses, horns, neckties, akuma giant bead thingies.

VERY NICE!

I remember making a damn badass knife fighting solid snake... looked just like him. loved tossing grenades with him :)

a friend of mine made Jesus as well... unbeatable.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's not a brand new arcade stick, it is an old arcade stick model that was previously released and they're just putting nice SC IV images on it.

The EX2 and FS3 are pretty different on the outside. They look similar from a glance though.[/QUOTE]

Which one do you think is better MarkMan, the PS3 or 360 stick?

I'm so torn on which system to get this game on...
The create a character guys look fantastic.
I'm getting pumped up for this.
SCIII is $10 and I have the JPN version so I need the US so I can play it on my PS3. I need to relearn my mad Ivy skills so I can be ready for SCIV.

Anybody know any advantages for 360 or PS3 so far?

Your mad Ivy skills might be for naught if they change her up as much as the last time again.

I think a safer bet for a character that wont be radically changed is someone like Cass

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Your mad Ivy skills might be for naught if they change her up as much as the last time again.

I think a safer bet for a character that wont be radically changed is someone like Cass[/QUOTE]

:lol: I hope you're wrong... Cass = Broken.

June 21, 2008 - Fan Translation of latest Famitsu Information

- PS3 SC4 ranked #13th most popular upcoming game in Japan & #11th in Hong Kong.
- XB360 SC4 ranked #33rd most popular upcoming game in Japan & #9th in Hong Kong.

- game feature dizzy : getting hit into walls makes you dizzy.
- game feature guard impact : opponent will fall during guard impact.
- game feature instant impact : when opponent attacks during guard impact.

- armor bar : keep blocking, bar becomes red, and eventually blue.

- soul impact : attack until opponent's health meter is red, then make opponent block -or- you can initiate with a guard impact.
- soul impact : when opponent is soul impacted, enter the heavy finish command to execute.
- soul impact : performing soul impact is a victory, regardless of circumstances.

- custom characters : complete freedom for use of parts, color change, and cloth combinations.
- custom characters : body build and muscle are also adjustable, there's a 100 levels of modification.
- custom characters : you can change fighting styles and abilities.
- custom characters : 50 character slots.
- custom characters : use parts obtained and equipment bought; you can build ninja looking characters.
- custom characters : you can edit 20 parts of the character, you can also change voice depths, also equip parts on existing characters.
- custom characters : adjusting both structure and muscle build makes appearance change more visible.
- custom characters : appearance and voice can be modified at will.

- 1 player story mode : there will be character swapping.
- 1 player story mode : character change can be used to perform combos, but it depletes a meter on screen in the lower left/right side.
- 1 player story mode : teammates may suddenly join and leave at the end of the battle.

- soulless tower mode: a one player mode, the goal is to reach the top.
- soulless tower mode: each level has treasure chests filled with goodies.
- soulless tower mode: opponents have the ability to swap out while fighting players.
- soulless tower mode: you can choose multiple CAS or existing characters, CAS may be the key to victory.

Tag battle...20 different spots to customize on your character...50 slots...ABLE TO CHANGE THEIR VOICE? You can use your created fighter to go through the main mission mode... YOU CAN PICK THEIR fuckING MOVES/ABILITIES??

god damnit they are making this harder and harder to wait for....This is quickly becoming the ultimate SCIV. I just pray they dont drop the ball with balancing and gameplay.

wow... that scan is the first thing that I've seen of this game that's gotten me excited! yay! fiinally something!

I can at least now be easily distracted away from all this star wars stuff now :)

and fuck yeah! 50 slots! hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm officially excited!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... that scan is the first thing that I've seen of this game that's gotten me excited! yay! fiinally something!

I can at least now be easily distracted away from all this star wars stuff now :)

and fuck yeah! 50 slots! hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm officially excited![/QUOTE]

At least until they announce create a jedi....

[quote name='Sulik2']At least until they announce create a jedi....[/QUOTE]

it's already been stated that yes, there is the ability to create a jedi with the CAS mode.

[quote name='MarkMan']360.

But if you have the money and the option. Go for a better stick.[/quote]

Would the 360 stick be a decent option for someone like me who has never really tried out an arcade stick before? I don't really want to spend too much money and find out that I don't like using an arcade stick.

Well from what you guys have said, the SFIV stick sounds like it will be pretty good. But SFIV isn't going to be out for a while...

Chibi, yea, its a good option still. Especially if you're not too into arcade sticks. Good for the casual gamer.

I should be getting my SCIV a lil bit before San Diego Comic-Con, but Namco doesn't want me to have it displayed there in my gaming room since it won't be out at retail yet ;(

Oh well.

It's gonna suck if the gameplay/balance is wack like 3.

This is definitely sounding more and more interesting.

May not end up being great for the hardcore fighting game fans, but sounds like it should at least be a great pick up and play casual fighting game if nothing else.

[quote name='sleepy180']ABLE TO CHANGE THEIR VOICE? ... YOU CAN PICK THEIR fuckING MOVES/ABILITIES??[/QUOTE]

Those were in III -- why wouldn't they be in IV?

I think I'll just go ahead and bite the bullet on the SCIV stick for ps3, or maybe just get a random 40 dollar one or something to hold me over for the SFIV one next year. I can't play SC without a stick anymore, damn college arcades!

So, the LE guide comes with a soundtrack CD. That's interesting. I love game music, but the soundtrack for SC2 kinda stunk. I'll probably wait until the LE guide gets clearanced out.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So, the LE guide comes with a soundtrack CD. That's interesting. I love game music, but the soundtrack for SC2 kinda stunk. I'll probably wait until the LE guide gets clearanced out.[/quote]
Thats sounds like it could be nice. But I'll wait until after I have played the game and hear the music. Best Buy will probably sell it for about $20 when it comes out so I can get it there.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Thats sounds like it could be nice. But I'll wait until after I have played the game and hear the music. Best Buy will probably sell it for about $20 when it comes out so I can get it there.[/QUOTE]

Its starting at $20.

SOULCALIBUR IV Limited Edition Guide (Brady Games) (Leather Bound)
http://www.amazon.com/SOULCALIBUR-L...bbs_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214242776&sr=8-12

Complete walkthrough of the entire game.
CHARACTER LISTING: Detailed information on all characters, including Yoda for Xbox 360 and Darth Vader for PlayStation 3, with strategies and movelists.
EXPERT TACTICS: Tips on character ranges, attacks, counterattacks, and more!
GAME SECRETS: Unlockables revealed!
Limited Edition guide provides bonus game soundtrack, foldout, and much more!

Those features are killer. The last two things that'd make this uber awesome would be a replay mode like DOA4 and a photo mode like Halo 3!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']The retail price for the LE Guide is $30.[/QUOTE]

ah well people should just get it from amazon then for $20 and free shipping.

[quote name='sleepy180']ah well people should just get it from amazon then for $20 and free shipping.[/quote]
Maybe, but since I work pretty close to a Best Buy I'll go check to see if they are selling it for less. That is how I picked up my copy of the MGS4 LE guide.

June 24, 2008 - EGM Rumor: Kratos to be guest in PS3 Version

SigFrido:
According to the rumor mill in the August Issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, Kratos, God of Soul, is to appear as a PS3 exclusive character in Soul Calibur IV.

The magazine states that Kratos will be the next PS3 character revealed, so if the rumor is in fact true, we should be seeing something soon. Also, this will be the first look at Kratos on next gen hardware, and possibly a first glimpse at what to expect from God of War III. Obviously if Kratos appears in SCIV, Namco has cut some deal with Sony, and could be sharing actual assets or character concepts from the upcoming PS3 exclusive

Dont hold your breath.

i got excited when you mentioned kratos

i got a lot less excited when it was kratos from GoW and not symphonia.

=(

[quote name='sleepy180']June 24, 2008 - EGM Rumor: Kratos to be guest in PS3 Version
[/QUOTE]

The only Kratos that would make sense is the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. At least then it would be somewhat logical, since Lloyd from the same game appeared in SC Legends.

[quote name='kainzero']i got excited when you mentioned kratos

i got a lot less excited when it was kratos from GoW and not symphonia.

=([/QUOTE]
Same here T.T

Yeah ... smells of BS. I wonder if this is even in EGM, a la the whole "Ninja Gaiden got a better score than MGS4 in EGM" rumor. It's awfully late for them to announce something like this, for one. And for two, they're clearly making the games different-but-equal, so what, is Cortana going to be in the 360 version? C'mon.

bread's done
Back