Spend $80, Get $20 Off Select Games at Amazon

Gfresh404

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=1]208[/IMG-R]Use coupon code BUY80G20 to get $20 off an $80 purchase on these select games. Offer valid until November 21, 2009. Only one promotional claim code can be used per household.

iconamazon.gif
Spend $80, Get $20 Off Select Games at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing saying BF will have anything good. Or maybe just a few items as I was able to get a pair of SAX's and TC4 for really cheap. If I can get new games for $30 I don't have to wait. Unfortunately I don't see much I want that totals $80. There are 2 I put in the cart but with Amazon's discount they're just under $40 each. Dang.

[quote name='IRHari']I also want Fallout 3 GOTY but I heard its plagued with bugs and freezes and glitches. Has anyone heard if this is really prevalent or just a few select cases.[/QUOTE]

It has not happened to me yet, now oblivion on the other hand don't even get me started......Don't get me wrong i have logged litterally 1000 hours into oblivion (between 2 characters) and absolutely enjoyed every second of that game, but boy it froze up on me TONS of times, to the point that i had to turn the machine on and off to get it unfroze :(

Edit: Btw, i am speaking about the 360 versions

[quote name='lorddct']Whoohooh NHL 2k10 and Buzz quiz world.[/QUOTE]

Agreed- was happy to see Buzz Quiz on the list.

[quote name='DPsx7']There's nothing saying BF will have anything good. Or maybe just a few items as I was able to get a pair of SAX's and TC4 for really cheap. If I can get new games for $30 I don't have to wait. Unfortunately I don't see much I want that totals $80. There are 2 I put in the cart but with Amazon's discount they're just under $40 each. Dang.[/QUOTE]

Amazon will deliver the goods on BF. No doubt about it. Might not have the games you want, though. but if you're an omnivorous CAG like myself any quality game available cheaply is a game that I want.

Borderlands not being part of the deal kind of kills it for me. I would have bought that and Ghostbusters and used my $20 MW2 credit. Guess I'll wait for Black Friday too.

[quote name='slimjim2004']I tried getting fallout 3 and forza 3 and it didnt work.[/QUOTE]

did you read the deal details, and did you enter the code?

[quote name='slimjim2004']I tried getting fallout 3 and forza 3 and it didnt work.[/QUOTE]

b/c you probably added the one being sold by Target

[quote name='wildnuts02']b/c you probably added the one being sold by Target[/QUOTE]

yup.

"Only purchases from Amazon.com as the seller and made between November 15, 2009 and November 21, 2009 will qualify for this promotion."

sorry

Hmmm...

With my ECA and my $20 MW2 credit, I can get Fallout 3 GOTY and Star Wars: FU - Ultimate Sith Ed. for a grand total of $40.98! Should I bite? My gut is telling me yes as that's $20.50 per game.

Weird part is my $12 refund credit I have doesn't stack with this promo...oh well...I guess I'll just save the $12 credit and the $10 I'll get from AC2 for BF.

[quote name='Jodou']Not a bad idea to turn your $40 credit from the last sale into liquid credit. I'll lock in my trade now in case I do decide to jump on this.[/QUOTE]

The $40 credit code does not stack with BUY80G20

Not the best deal from Amazon, and also, many in demand games are missing from the list. For those who can wait, see what Black Friday has to offer.

Considering the last one was spend $80 and get $40 back, this doesn't seem like such a great deal.

I still think Amazon will have a cracking BF, like last year.

Hmmmmm...have $10 in Amazon credit, with the $20 in this special, it sounds good enough for me. Now which games do I get???? Lookin' at Lego Rock Band, NBA2K10, Mini Ninjas & Spongebob Truth or Square. Decisions....decisions......

Still undecided whether to jump in on this deal with BF not too far away.

One thing that annoys me is that Fallout 3 GOTY for 360 is $40, while it's $57 for PS3. Granted, it's due to the Target sale and them having stock for the 360 and not the PS3. But, just a couple days ago Target had stock for the PS3, but Amazon didn't price match it.

Oh well...in any case, I have most of the games on that list except for Fallout 3 GOTY, Brutal Legend and SWFU: Ultimate Sith Ed.

With my leftover ECA code and $20 MW2 credit (plus the $20 off promo)...it's still a great deal. I just have a nagging feeling these games could be cheaper on BF.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']One thing that annoys me is that Fallout 3 GOTY for 360 is $40, while it's $57 for PS3. Granted, it's due to the Target sale and them having stock for the 360 and not the PS3. But, just a couple days ago Target had stock for the PS3, but Amazon didn't price match it.
[/QUOTE]

The PS3 and 360 copies of Fallout 3: GOTY sold by Amazon are the same price ($57). The one for $40 is sold by Target and not eligible for this deal. They are not price-matching anything, Target is the seller.

[quote name='benjamouth']Considering the last one was spend $80 and get $40 back, this doesn't seem like such a great deal.
[/QUOTE]

10char

The promo terms say "Only purchases from Amazon.com as the seller... will qualify..." so even though the product page for Fallout 3 GOTY for Xbox 360 shows the promo, you have to look to the right and add the one actually sold by Amazon.com for $56.99 for the code to work. People were complaining about how confusing it was during the Buy $80 Get $40 promo.

[quote name='dino88']The PS3 and 360 copies of Fallout 3: GOTY sold by Amazon are the same price ($57). The one for $40 is sold by Target and not eligible for this deal. They are not price-matching anything, Target is the seller.[/QUOTE]

Oops...my bad. I should have double checked the seller listings. Well...this doesn't sound like a bad deal then for the PS3 version.

Fallout 3 GOTY and SWFU: Ultimate Sith Ed. come to a total of $40.98 ($20.49 each) after my ECA, $20 MW2 credit, and $20 off promo.

Should I bite? Or do you guys think BF would hold something better for these two games?

^I think it's a really good deal, especially if they're both games you were planning on buying. Even before you use that $20 MW2 credit, the total is $61. So, you're basically paying full price for Fallout and getting Star Wars free.

My problem is I already bought Fallout GOTY and there's nothing else I want to pair with GTA: Episodes. Otherwise, I'd be in for sure.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Oops...my bad. I should have double checked the seller listings. Well...this doesn't sound like a bad deal then for the PS3 version.

Fallout 3 GOTY and SWFU: Ultimate Sith Ed. come to a total of $40.98 ($20.49 each) after my ECA, $20 MW2 credit, and $20 off promo.

Should I bite? Or do you guys think BF would hold something better for these two games?[/QUOTE]

I think you should. Pretty sure that there won't be any deals on BF getting you Fallout GOTY & SWFU Sith Ed. at $20 a piece.

I'm thinking about picking up Mario Kart and Dead Space Extraction for the same price as you after ECA, MW2 credit, and the promo. But I could see Dead Space maybe going on sale during BF but Mario Kart I'm not too sure.

In the end, if those two are the only games you are looking to pick up during BF, you won't get a better deal on them then right now.

Would've jumped on this deal but Halo 3: ODST isn't included. Oh well, I have a feeling it'll be on sale on Black Friday anyway.

[quote name='dino88']^I think it's a really good deal, especially if they're both games you were planning on buying. Even before you use that $20 MW2 credit, the total is $61. So, you're basically paying full price for Fallout and getting Star Wars free.

My problem is I already bought Fallout GOTY and there's nothing else I want to pair with GTA: Episodes. Otherwise, I'd be in for sure.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cupcakex1']I think you should. Pretty sure that there won't be any deals on BF getting you Fallout GOTY & SWFU Sith Ed. at $20 a piece.

I'm thinking about picking up Mario Kart and Dead Space Extraction for the same price as you after ECA, MW2 credit, and the promo. But I could see Dead Space maybe going on sale during BF but Mario Kart I'm not too sure.

In the end, if those two are the only games you are looking to pick up during BF, you won't get a better deal on them then right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys! Yeah the only ones I would be interested in other than these two are Dragon Age (not part of this promo) and Brutal Legend (is part of this promo). But these two will be $34.99 each at Best Buy for BF. I figure Amazon will PM these two. I'll still have my $12 refund credit (which I can't stack with this promo) and the $10 AC2 credit left over for BF.

OK...so I bit. Funny, not 2 minutes have passed after placing my order and I cannot cancel it as it's already in the process of shipping. That was damn fast! They better not lower the price of these two games within the next couple days or it will be time, once again, for CS to feel my refund wrath! ;)

Thanks again TC!

[quote name='jubeininja69']all these games will be lowered come BF. they are trying to move them now.[/QUOTE]

I thought this too...but at least for the 2 games I got, I don't see them being lower or much lower than what I got them for. I just hope they PM Best Buy for DA:O and BL for $34.99.

[quote name='Jodou']Really? fuck my life.[/QUOTE]

Yup, really. I picked up a couple with the last deal myself. It's the almost the exact same games as far as I can tell, and is for the ones good enough to count. Except maybe the Fallout 3: Amazon Survival Edition might be a good snag for posterity/collectors/future ebayers. Only 101 available selling at half the next best price.

[quote name='dino88']^I think it's a really good deal, especially if they're both games you were planning on buying. Even before you use that $20 MW2 credit, the total is $61. So, you're basically paying full price for Fallout and getting Star Wars free.

My problem is I already bought Fallout GOTY and there's nothing else I want to pair with GTA: Episodes. Otherwise, I'd be in for sure.[/QUOTE]

same boat here - been meaning to pick up GTA Episodes but having bought fallout 3 goty at the best buy b2g1 sale, i got nothing else to pair it with but something like lego rock band or way of the samurai 3. and i don't know if they're even worth their prices after the discount...

[quote name='watcher0']Yup, really. I picked up a couple with the last deal myself. It's the almost the exact same games as far as I can tell, and is for the ones good enough to count. Except maybe the Fallout 3: Amazon Survival Edition might be a good snag for posterity/collectors/future ebayers. Only 101 available selling at half the next best price.[/QUOTE]
Those have been exhausted on ebay. I highly doubt it will be worth anything in the future, especially since the pip boy is junk.

Ugh, why didn't I see this earlier. I put an order late last night for L4D2 and AC2, I probably could have found a game on there that I really wanted. Oh well, hopefully black friday will have what I want.

[quote name='OddLogik']Ugh, why didn't I see this earlier. I put an order late last night for L4D2 and AC2, I probably could have found a game on there that I really wanted. Oh well, hopefully black friday will have what I want.[/QUOTE]

In such a short time-frame, they probably haven't shipped (unless you used PRIME?). If nothing has been shipped yet, you can still cancel your order. Maybe you can still get in on the deal. It's worth a try.

I bought Batman $51.99 and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $29.99 = $82 - $8 eca - $20 code - $24.50 (current amazon trade in credit for Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010) = ~$30 for Batman. Not too bad I guess.

[quote name='pwnthee']Not bad at all, damn it the ECA thing is working again? Wish I'd have known that a couple hours ago. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

No, ECA is still dead.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I bought Batman $51.99 and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $29.99 = $82 - $8 eca - $20 code - $24.50 (current amazon trade in credit for Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010) = ~$30 for Batman. Not too bad I guess.[/QUOTE]

So did you actually get an ECA discount??? If so, how?? I'd pick up Batman if I could get that ECA with the $20 off.

[quote name='pwnthee']So did you actually get an ECA discount??? If so, how?? I'd pick up Batman if I could get that ECA with the $20 off.[/QUOTE]

i had eca left in my account months ago.

[quote name='eau']Does this BUY80G20 stack with the $40 code from the Buy $80 Get $40 deal few weeks back?[/QUOTE]

It should.

[quote name='eau']Does this BUY80G20 stack with the $40 code from the Buy $80 Get $40 deal few weeks back?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. That damned $40 code doesn't seem to work with ANYTHING else.

[quote name='CaptPete']I doubt it. That damned $40 code doesn't seem to work with ANYTHING else.[/QUOTE]

I used it on MW2, which I also got a $20 promo credit added to my account. Good for me!

No, it doesn't unfortunately.

I have bunches of codes... a leftover ECA, the MW2 $20 code, the $10 NSMBWii code, and something else.... don't even remember.

I had to place a bunch of pre-orders to get the $40 code pre-emptively used up, so that I could still use all my other codes. It seems to apply them in the order that your acquired them, so I had to place 2-3 pre-orders, then cancel the first ones. Now my $40 code is "stuck" on an order that I'll cancel later, after taking advantage of this promo.

bread's done
Back