Splinter Cell Conviction (360) CE $39.99 @ Amazon

Conviction is a departure from the hide bodies and stealth activities of the earlier SC games, but is a top knotch action game. Less sneaking, more killing. The game definitely feels more of a action title. Sneak into a room, stealth kill a dude, then gain the tag and execute takedowns and make your way to the next room. Mix and repeat. The multi-player is fun too. Team up with a friend and do the same, it becomes a race to take out as many dudes and you can to out do your partner, still fun. Highly recommend at this price.

They actually had a sign on the rack at my Best Buy which looked hastily put together and said "$19.99". The cashier was pretty surprised when it rung up for that much. Thanks OP

Has anyone tried this with the @Gamer coupon yet? I'm thinking of taking a copy of the mag up with the game and having them scan the coupon. If it works, I'll buy the mag, too and still save $10...

[quote name='Darknuke']this game has VERY little emphasis on stealth. I was able to beat it on the hardest difficulty just by running and gunning... a feat I could never do in previous SC games.[/QUOTE]

I sorta like the way this game was set up because they give you the option of how you want to complete the mission. If you want to be stealthy and not trigger any alarms, you can for the most part. If you want to run and gun, that's a viable option too. They don't really force you to pick a style.

$20 is an excellent deal for this game. It gets my recommendation.

[quote name='Skydude']If this is still happening on the 29th, when the @Gamer coupons go into effect, I'll buy the magazine just for that coupon. I'll have them scan the coupon at the register to see if it works before I buy the magazine.

Even if it doesn't, at this price I would probably get the game[/QUOTE]

I may just buy and keep the receipt and then try it with the coupon on the 29th. It's unlikely I'd play it before then, anyway.

Anyone know if the CE is on sale at BB too? I think my BB had some left. Just curious cause I love steelbooks but dont like paying double for one.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']theres a rumor they are doing that was a posting on a french amazon site for preordering splinter cell collection.[/QUOTE]

That would be great! I really miss the stealth genre. SC, Hitman, Thief... those are in my top 5 games of all time there.

[quote name='Sneaktip']That would be great! I really miss the stealth genre. SC, Hitman, Thief... those are in my top 5 games of all time there.[/QUOTE]

Theif was one of the greatest game series ever. They have to bring Garret back.

Very nice game and what I think is a real nice take on the stealth genre. If they refine it, I can easily see them throwing out a Chaos Theory level quality stealth game down the line. $20 is a good price and if you have a co-op buddy, the DLC is quite good.

I just stopped into best buy and the price was ringing up correctly at the register. $20 is worth the plunge for me on this one, solid reviews and still a relatively high trade in (which im sure will plummet in the next week).

[quote name='Darknuke']this game has VERY little emphasis on stealth. I was able to beat it on the hardest difficulty just by running and gunning... a feat I could never do in previous SC games.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't THAT hard to run and gun in the previous SC games. In fact, they were quite easy if you plinked everyone with the silenced weaponry.

Conviction does let you get away with a lot more because they are trying to integrate stealth into the gunfights with that last known position mechanic. It's easy to vanish in a gunfight as a result and pop up somewhere else. I enjoyed the mechanic as well as all the tense moments I had just sneaking.

Definitely in for one. I don't plan on paying too much for single player games anymore. I like sticking to one at a time.

Thanks OP! I traded it in for $25 a while back, but for $20 I definitely can't resist in picking it up again, definitely a fun game but very simple when compared to the previous games. Nothing will ever top Chaos Theory in my mind as Ubisoft seems to be done with catering to the hardcore crowd.

in for one @ BB. been waiting for this one to drop for a while. I was waiting for $30 but $20? hell yeah.

Just picked one up over at the Henrietta, NY location. Had about 2-3 copies left on the shelf. Been waiting for a great deal on this and I was just about to purchase the Limited Edition on Amazon for $30!

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Got mine with an exclusive Best Buy pre-order in-game gun. I guess that tells you how well the game sold at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

BB got TONS of those special BB in-game gun.

Which actually just unlocks the SC30K which you can get NORMALLY over the course of the game. Not really worth it.

Does BB have free shipping? I'm hoping Amazon will match the 19.99 price as I have some credit left too.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']well that was fast.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that's what she said, because you can't be talking about Bestbuy.com right now. Shopping cart seems to have some molasses on the wheels.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']well that was fast.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the link in the OP for Best Buy, it doesn't work anymore but if you do a search the game is still there for the sales price.

I think another CAGer was at the woodland hills location about an hour ago. Well got my copy, price was marked at $39.99, register rang it up as $19.99.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Was able to use the Week 1 Toys R Us card on SC C and got it for $3 or so after a $10 RZ Certificate and a Sprite.[/QUOTE]

So the toys r us Emile card scanned and took 10 dollars off at best buy?

Too bad i already bought the CE at Ubishop when they had it for $35. If i knew it was going to drop this fast i should have waited for this one instead.

The site is off its knees. Was able to complete my order. Must have missed the deal of the year somewhere on the site, though, if it crashed due to demand.

[quote name='lockarm']And so the backlog grows LARGER![/QUOTE]

I just got home from work and purchased at BB with in-store pickup beforehand. Oh how I hate the backlog! Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Is this game worth $20 if I only will play single player with no online functionality? I'm under the impression that single player is short.

I only purchased the $80 target arcade bundle for single player exclusives, so I don't have xbox live gold (i play online on my ps3).

Saw copies at the Richfield MN store priced at $20 on the shelf. I would have picked it up if I hadn't just grabbed a $20 copy of DJ Hero at TRU.

[quote name='0dantheman0']Is this game worth $20 if I only will play single player with no online functionality? I'm under the impression that single player is short.

I only purchased the $80 target arcade bundle for single player exclusives, so I don't have xbox live gold (i play online on my ps3).[/QUOTE]

Well you can still do the co-op missions also either alone to offline splitscreen so probably worth your while at this price. I'm in the same boat(own PS3 and use it for online with no XBOX live) as you and this was my price point(well actually $29 or under to buy this game). I picked it up yesterday at the store. I will play it once I finishe ME 1 and 2.

Picked this up last night for $20 in Emeryville, CA. They still had 4 or 5 copies in their game case.

Had a $10 rewardzone coupon that was expiring tomorrow and was looking for an excuse to spend it. Thanks CAG!

Looking forward to picking up my copy after work this afternoon... I've beat all the console versions in the series so far, though it sounds like I'm gonna miss the lack of stealth in this game... Which is pretty sad and what made the series stand out to me... I'd like replaying levels and trying different strategies until I mastered them.

Just got my CE dropped off from UPS. It has a working USB drive. Now to upload all the bonus stuff onto it from the UBI site, then off to ebay to sell it and the art book. Lets see how cheap I can get this steelbook & game for. :)

[quote name='WooWarrior']Just to confirm, the @Gamer coupon would not stack with the sale price. Still estatic to grab it at $20 though.[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... the coupon doesn't go active until 8/29 so of course it won't stack right now. It's not even in the system.

Placed a store pickup order last night. Status shows "confirming inStore inventory", although the store availability checker shows available. They've been open over 3 hours already. What time do blueshirts roll out of bed these days?

Well that would explain it wouldn't it. I'd assume the price is going to go back up on Sunday tho so the fact it was brought up in this thread is kind of moot, no?. Oh well. Still a good price as will $25 come Sunday.

[quote name='WooWarrior']Well that would explain it wouldn't it. I'd assume the price is going to go back up on Sunday tho so the fact it was brought up in this thread is kind of moot, no?. Oh well. Still a good price as will $25 come Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Well, we'll see about that. I actually don't believe it will go back up. Bayonetta has stayed 19.99 for almost 2 weeks now, so there's some chance that this "sale" might be a longer one than we think.

My guess is that it stays 19.99 on Sunday, and if so, I'll be picking it up for $5.

bread's done
Back