Splinter Cell Conviction (360) CE $39.99 @ Amazon

Does the Gamer Magazine coupon actually deduct $15 from the $19.99 price without override? The coupon says "Sales excluded" and the $19.99 is a sale, so I'm not so sure.

Anybody have any experience with this?

[quote name='romeogbs19']Well, we'll see about that. I actually don't believe it will go back up. Bayonetta has stayed 19.99 for almost 2 weeks now, so there's some chance that this "sale" might be a longer one than we think.

My guess is that it stays 19.99 on Sunday, and if so, I'll be picking it up for $5.[/QUOTE]

Buy now to cover all bases. That's what I did.

bought a copy today after work, for 2o$ you cant go wrong, especially on a solid series like SC. the 1st one for ps2 is a classic. imo; and i missed doing the van damme splits in between walls. lol.

[quote name='chuckywang']Buy now to cover all bases. That's what I did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- I thought about that, and I've heard from fellow CAGers that it's a great game -- I have a huge backlog though and I figured my chances of getting to this soon are slim. That said, I'd rather just take my chances and see whether the sale extends through Sunday.

[quote name='chuckywang']Does the Gamer Magazine coupon actually deduct $15 from the $19.99 price without override? The coupon says "Sales excluded" and the $19.99 is a sale, so I'm not so sure.

Anybody have any experience with this?[/QUOTE]

Whenever the RZ or Gamer coupons are attempted I notice some sort of override price adjustment box comes up. The moment of truth happens at that point in time ....

Coupon works great on SC, making it $5... Of course, the mag is 5.99, but I figure that BB will screw up at least once more this month, so it doesn't bother me to pay $10 for the first game :)

i was just at my local best buy and they were all sold out but the sales associate whom was pretty helpful compared to the usual informed me that the sale runs thru the weekend so i'm gonna go to another best buy tomorrow and see if they have it in stock along with the latest @Gamer mag.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']are those gamer magazines available to purchase in store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but note

$5 game
$5.99 mag (to get coupon)
$Tax (6% in my case)
=========
$11.65

So, still a good deal but total cost is not $5

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Coupon works great on SC, making it $5... Of course, the mag is 5.99, but I figure that BB will screw up at least once more this month, so it doesn't bother me to pay $10 for the first game :)[/QUOTE]

How did u use the coupon if it won't start till tomorrow?

[quote name='Xellos2099']How did u use the coupon if it won't start till tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I slipped the cashier some tongue.

J/K... The coupon is already in the system... It worked fine. No override or anything...

[quote name='TurboPascal']Yes, but note

$5 game
$5.99 mag (to get coupon)
$Tax (6% in my case)
=========
$11.65

So, still a good deal but total cost is not $5[/QUOTE]
Not to mention gas, calories burned.

Somehow my store got it in their head that the magazine doesn't go on sale until tomorrow, probably due to the coupon. Short of someone posting the coupons like last time, I don't think I'm going to out of my way to get this.

Picked this up today. They still had copies with the pre-order bonus gun code. I didn't think to grab one of the magazines to try the coupon. My BB's are usually a-holes about sale items and coupons, so they probably wouldn't have allowed it anyway.

Finally put some hours into this game today -- it's awesome! Well worth the 20 bucks. I actually enjoy the style a bit more than the prior Splinter Cell games.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I actually enjoy the style a bit more than the prior Splinter Cell games.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more. Say what you will about how great the stealth gameplay was in the original games, but stylistically and artistically they were extremely bland.

About 3/4 through the game there's a really great, cinematic section that leads into the best gameplay segment of the game.

I got the @gamer magazine in the mail for some reason. It has the coupon, but it doesn't go into effect until tomorrow.

[quote name='Scotts85']I got the @gamer magazine in the mail for some reason. It has the coupon, but it doesn't go into effect until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

In case you haven't noticed from the last 2 pages of posts, the coupon is already live. And it works fine.

[quote name='Scotts85']I got the @gamer magazine in the mail for some reason. It has the coupon, but it doesn't go into effect until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it will work right now. It is in the BB Corporate system today. No override needed. Coupons were screwed up yesterday (bar code coupons were not for the correct game) but this was fixed overnight. No problems picking it up for $5 this morning.

Odd that people are getting the second copy free in the mail. Did you guys sign up for reward zone after the first issue was sent out?

^I got the mag in the mail today and I've been a RZ member for a couple of years.
Just picked up 2 copies of SC:C for $5 bucks each. Girl said the coupon wouldn't work til tomorrow, but I told her to try and sure enough, it worked. She even gave me the coupon back.

[quote name='lvjordan238']^I got the mag in the mail today and I've been a RZ member for a couple of years.
Just picked up 2 copies of SC:C for $5 bucks each. Girl said the coupon wouldn't work til tomorrow, but I told her to try and sure enough, it worked. She even gave me the coupon back.[/QUOTE]

Really? More than one copy? Nice. Did she have to scan it a second time or anything?

yeah scan for each time. i was trying to wait til i got a free mag maybe, but doesnt the splinter cell sale for 20 end tomorrow? so if u didnt get the mag today, go and buy one cuz you wont get it on a sunday...and tomorrow is the last day if this still works.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah scan for each time. i was trying to wait til i got a free mag maybe, but doesnt the splinter cell sale for 20 end tomorrow? [/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, it wasn't an advertised sale. So there's a good chance it may be an ongoing promotion like Sonic & Sega Racing and Bayonetta is. But just to be sure, I snagged 2 copies today for 5.30 each, not to mention getting a manager to override and give me a $25 gc for buying 5 $20 PSN cards.

And yeah, I tried to buy 2 at one time and the POS system only took the discount on one of them. So I went to another store and got the second one.

[quote name='bugeater']Picked this up today. They still had copies with the pre-order bonus gun code. I didn't think to grab one of the magazines to try the coupon. My BB's are usually a-holes about sale items and coupons, so they probably wouldn't have allowed it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Is the pre-order bonus printed on the receipt like Gamestop like pre-orders are is the code packed in the game?

[quote name='Donut2922']Is the pre-order bonus printed on the receipt like Gamestop like pre-orders are is the code packed in the game?[/QUOTE]

It's packed in on a card.

It's still priced @ $20 on BB's site this morning (Sunday 8/29), looks like a trip to the store is in my future. This sounds bad, but due to backlog reasons, I'll only pick this up if I can snag it for $5 ($20 less $15 coupon).....

I swear I have the worst luck as of late with good discounts like this, guide drops, and the whole TRU debacle. It's still 19.99 but the coupon scanned and came up 0.00 and the cashier immediately shot me down. So rather than argue and possibly leave without the game I said fine and just bought it at 20 bucks. Still can't argue this game is really good, I played it when it came out. Thanks OP

[quote name='causticpork']I swear I have the worst luck as of late with good discounts like this, guide drops, and the whole TRU debacle. It's still 19.99 but the coupon scanned and came up 0.00 and the cashier immediately shot me down. So rather than argue and possibly leave without the game I said fine and just bought it at 20 bucks. Still can't argue this game is really good, I played it when it came out. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what will happen to me. I'm just afraid that after I got shot down, I'll be stuck having to buy that shitty magazine, and end up paying $26 plus the BS Texas 8.25% sales tax along with it.

i just went to best buy in braintree mass, bought the mag then the game, coupon didnt work but he forced it through for 5$ so for 10$ worth it.

Just got my copy in Clarksville, IN. $11.75 after tax for SC:C and @Gamer mag. Not bad.

I'm curious about the people getting the mag for free. Did any of these people use a coupon from the first issue? That might be how Best Buy selects people to receive another issue. Just a thought though.

Ok, coupon worked for me today 8/29, so $5 brand new is sweet. I think the coupon should work everywhere, for those that have a problem, I'm sure it's CSR error. Just stick to your guns and tell the cashier it should work and keep trying. I can't see how this coupon would work in some BBs and not others, it's the same transaction system for every BB.

Game is stil $19.99 this week. Just used my coupon today and picked it up for $5.

The cashier even said, "If you didn't have that coupon I was going to tell you about it because brings the game down to $5. I've been telling everyone about it."

She was cute too ;)

Can anyone describe the cover of the issue that has this coupon? I went to two different best buys, both had copies of the game, but the @gamer magazine they had was a medal of honor beard guy cover. Looked through it countless times for the coupon and it doesn't seem to be the issue I need.

I asked two different know-nothing employees about having the latest issue and both pretty much looked at me like deer in a headlight.

[quote name='causticpork']I swear I have the worst luck as of late with good discounts like this, guide drops, and the whole TRU debacle. It's still 19.99 but the coupon scanned and came up 0.00 and the cashier immediately shot me down. So rather than argue and possibly leave without the game I said fine and just bought it at 20 bucks. Still can't argue this game is really good, I played it when it came out. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Did the cashier hit total? I noticed yesterday after the coupon scanned it didn't show any discount until the cashier hit total and the system asked if she wanted to apply the coupon or whatever.

[quote name='Xiemos']Can anyone describe the cover of the issue that has this coupon? I went to two different best buys, both had copies of the game, but the @gamer magazine they had was a medal of honor beard guy cover. Looked through it countless times for the coupon and it doesn't seem to be the issue I need.

I asked two different know-nothing employees about having the latest issue and both pretty much looked at me like deer in a headlight.[/QUOTE]The cover story is Fallout: New Vegas with a soldier character (the same type as on the cover of the game) depicted on the mag's cover.

bread's done
Back