Splinter Cell Conviction- Out now

Oh right, duh. Thanks. Anyway, probably mentioned it before but I'm really hoping this game is good because the others before this SUCKED. Even better if the co op is good I can suck my friend into it. We need more games to play together.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wish the whole thing was co-op, but cool that they atleast added a short co-op campaign.[/QUOTE]

oh... only offline co op? :(

oh, gotcha... so my friend and I can't be in the same room while playing co op? well... I guess that's ok since I haven't been able to hang out with him that often lately.

Everything you may have heard is true: The main co-op mode (either online or local / split-screen play, with a human partner or A.I.) is a prequel to the events of the game and doesn't star series staple Sam Fisher. Instead, the estimated 5- to 6-hour campaign focuses on two wetworks operatives -- one American, one Russian -- who must work together to recover stolen nuclear warheads before they're sold on the black market.

The objectives on walls is actually annoying now; eg: "BREAK OPEN DOOR" written on the door (what a gimmick).

If there's no Spies vs. Mercenaries, it'll be a rental.

They said in an interview that the new mechanics didn't fit in with SvM.
Aka they f'ed up the first time they tried to make SCC, so when they scraped that version and created the current version they realized they didn't want to spend money making a vs mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit disappointed, but it will allow me more time to enjoy some January releases and spread my cash flow out a little more

darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

Originally, I was a bit mad. However, after going over all the games coming out in the next few months, I must thank Ubisoft for making it slightly easier on my wallet. It'll give me more time to save up for everything.

All those canceled pre-orders might have something to do with it (no Spies v. Mercs); wonder how much they'll reconsider adding it now, even if it's to say it'll become DLC since it was never planned before. Anyways, all this means is that I won't see a trailer for the new Ghost Recon for even longer. :(

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Originally, I was a bit mad. However, after going over all the games coming out in the next few months, I must thank Ubisoft for making it slightly easier on my wallet. It'll give me more time to save up for everything.[/QUOTE]
Microsoft must be pissed since they made a big deal about there being a huge exclusive (Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alan Wake, and Crackdown 2) coming out every month to start the year and one of them is delayed a week later.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']All those canceled pre-orders might have something to do with it (no Spies v. Mercs); wonder how much they'll reconsider adding it now, even if it's to say it'll become DLC since it was never planned before. Anyways, all this means is that I won't see a trailer for the new Ghost Recon for even longer. :([/QUOTE]

Nope. It just has to do with how much money they are making in each quarter and since AC II is doing so well there's no need to release SCC in this quarter

Oh... I thought the last delay from 2009 was to move it to next fiscal year, but I guess this one will do the job. So annoying when companies skew their "fiscal years" a few months off the Gregorian calendar just to pull a quick one over investors that don't know about the industry they have stock in.

Hopefully they fix the "havok glitches" (break-dancing corpses, floating guns) seen in some CES walkthroughs on IGN.

So that leaves only Bioshock 2 for me in Feb.
I guess I'm ok with that considering the epicness of Bioshock 1 and I'll have some multiplayer to screw around with for a few months before SC is out.

I'm sure more games will be delayed in March and what not. The fantastic spring releases were too good to be true as more games will most likely be delayed.

Cool, between this and GT5, two of my favorite franchises are racing to see which one I can become wholly apathetic about first. GT5 is leading due to the release of Splinter Cell Double Agent in 2006 (I think) but the massive step back that DA was compared to Chaos Theory has kept the gap close.

Bravo game companies, bravo.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Microsoft must be pissed since they made a big deal about there being a huge exclusive (Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alan Wake, and Crackdown 2) coming out every month to start the year and one of them is delayed a week later.[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe they'll try and push one of those up a bit then *cough* Crackdown 2 *cough*. I'd love to see that game out already, especially with how much I've gotten into playing the first game again recently.

Oh well though, I'm sure they'll find something else to "fit the slot" for that time-frame; or they'll at least probably push a multiplatform title to try and sell more on 360 that month, to try and give it a boost against Heavy Rain and Dante's Inferno (since the PS3 version is obviously going to be more heavily marketed).

I think Microsoft had a hand in this delay. Call me crazy, but I think Microsoft is sweating bullets over this FFXIII thing. I think they don't want a big exclusive near it to take away possible sales of the 360 version of that game. So I think they told Ubisoft 'hey, push this back til mid to late April and we'll give you some breaks on the manufacturing costs' or something like that.

has anyone played this game...i am gearing up for the next game...it looks amazing...
I have one thing to say, double agent is no good...the story is rough, the graphics are ok...but the gameplay is weak...am i wrong to be worried...or has anyone else played this and loved it...

I loved it. I don't see what your problem with it is. If you played the other games then you knew what to expect. If you haven't, well then splinter cell is not your game. The only difference between DA and the others is that you are free to walk around during a lot of the game and the spies are more athletic in multiplayer.

Obviously you have never played a Splinter Cell game before.

first impressions...i really had to get used to the sneaking around...but after i finished the game i really felt like i accomplished something...decent game

This was the only splinter cell I didn't like or finish. I've bought and finished all the other ones. Didn't get into this one

[quote name='VipFREAK']... it's not even out yet.[/QUOTE]
Seems that somebody merged a thread about Double Agent into this thread rather than the official thread for Double Agent.

'Ghost Recon: Future Soldier' beta to be included with SC:C

A multiplayer beta is scheduled to start in Summer 2010, with invitations tied to another of Ubisoft's freshened franchises, Splinter Cell: Conviction (which is but a stone's throw away from release). The offer is currently extended only to the Xbox 360 version of Conviction -- and aside from Microsoft's system, no platforms have been explicitly mentioned in Future Soldier's announcement.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/09/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier-to-be-present-holiday-2/

Cool.

bread's done
Back