[spoiler] GGT #61 dies at the end [/spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarthPuma']Too much drama....

The mods were within their rights to perma ban him. Yeah it sucks that he's gone, and yeah they could have handled it differently (and much better), but he still broke the rules and the mods still had the rights to get rid of him.

[/quote]

Think of it this way, your mom catches you eating cookies before dinner. Sure, you know that you aren't allowed to eat cookies before dinner, because it will spoil your appetite, but you were hungry, and you really don't give a damn about your appetite. So you grab some chocolate chippers and run up to your room.
Your mommy walks in and catches you munchin' on some cookies. She says, "DarthSon, You're grounded for a week."
In response, instead of throwing a tantrum, you go downstairs and say, "DarthMommy, I'm sorry. I know I did something wrong, and I deserve the grounding."
So then your father comes home, and saw cookie crumbs near your bedroom. Instead of consulting your mother, he says, "DarthSon, you're grounded for two weeks!"
So now, you appologized, and now you got grounded for two weeks, instead of one.
As if that wasn't enough, your brother comes in and noticed that you had cookies. His inner-father-senses force him to feel like he needs to punish you for defying your parents. So what does he do? He beats the shit out of you.
So now you're grounded for two weeks, and you have a black eye.

Fair?
Barely.

Oh, and in other news, I'm about to play Warcraft 3 xD

[quote name='Trakan']I didn't ban him, and I don't really agree with the ban, but jer's got a point here. There was no reason for him to act that way and he realized that. I just got into the loop as far as what happened with DarkSlayer.

The "quit being a bitch, jer" posts are unnecessary.[/quote]In talking with Dark, he knows that what he did was wrong, admitted that the infractions and silencing were fair and appropriate (even if the silencing came as the result of an infraction from 2 mods about the same post).

I honestly think he's learned his lesson, and the value of the "ignore" feature if there's someone, for one reason or another, you just can't stand or blow up at, etc.

Personally, based on the acidity of the comment, a ban doesn't completely surprise me. The thing I find weird is that he was silenced, and then just as that was lifted he finds himself banned. Silencing seems to imply "you've got another chance coming up, chill out and straighten up." To me it seems a probational return would be good for him, and if he messes up again in the very near future, then carry on.

Back on topic, I've suddenly developed a backlog since I'm not playing much of anything amongst the packing boxes. DMC4, Burnout Paradise, Dark Secytor, Stranglehold, Mega Man X8, Zone of the Enders 2, and the X collection and the few MM games I've got left. Maybe I'll try to power through the end of MM6.

[quote name='kainzero']costco pizza is... just alright.

come on markman, you're from SD, you got bronx pizza in hillcrest and bongiorno's in... mira mesa, i think?

those beat the crap out of anything in LA.

[/quote]

Yea, those places mmmmm! Haven't been to the one in MM though... BUT... Costco Pizza is the bonus after shopping and buying a bunch of crap... lol.

The hot weather in SD is making me sleepy, I'm falling asleep at my desk and its only 7:30 PM!

Hillcrest has a bunch of great places to eat! India Palace, yogArt, and Dao Son (great rice pot there).

Is that square game for ipod in the US store? I keep forgetting to check that one out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back