[spoiler] GGT #61 dies at the end [/spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, if it played more like Oblivion I think it would have been superb.

at least Fallout 3 will do what bioshock didn't.

k, heading to GS in a bit to get rid of my crap (ie Smash... bleh)[/quote]

To be honest, I'm happy it was a fps...and it makes sense, appeals to more people that way (no numbers or anything but I think rpg's are one of the lesser consumer friendly products)

[quote name='Foo228']To be honest, I'm happy it was a fps...and it makes sense, appeals to more people that way (no numbers or anything but I think rpg's are one of the lesser consumer friendly products)[/QUOTE]

I can see how it was good as an FPS, but he exploring factor of the game really needed to be exploited. Passive biotic abilites like oblivion has with magic would have changed the game alot (either bad or good).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can see how it was good as an FPS, but he exploring factor of the game really needed to be exploited. Passive biotic abilites like oblivion has with magic would have changed the game alot (either bad or good).[/quote]

More exploration could've been a good thing...but then again, the adventure genre isn't too popular itself (hacking sorta serves as the typical puzzles)

For the record, is fallout 3 an rpg?

[quote name='pete5883']MMBN drove me nuts. Early in the game there is a side quest, where if you bring 30 of a certain type of chip, you are promised a reward. I assumed since 30 is a lot, the reward would be great, so I spent like 5 hours finding them, burning myself out on the game. When I finally got them, the reward was something along the lines of "Buy more Ovaltine."[/quote]
I know the MMBN games are full of fetch quests but I can't remember one that bad. was that in the 1st game? I know 2 and 3 had a few where you need like 5 of a certain chip.

[quote name='Foo228']
For the record, is fallout 3 an rpg?[/QUOTE]

:lol: I don't know... fallout is something... it can be played as an RPG or an FPS adventure game.

Just got done with the exams in FES. Got raped as soon as went into the second part of tartarus. I need to grind, but I dont' feel like it. I still need a good 400 point game to go with sonic since I can't drum up the points for Chaos Theory.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I don't know... fallout is something... it can be played as an RPG or an FPS adventure game.[/quote]

Awesome...for some reason I can't stand playing rpg's

Weird combo of a game's genres though...

Read some user reviews and whatnot...apparently godfather on the wii is the best version and clocks in at around 30 hours, so I guess I'll keep it

Lot of naysayers on homecourt though...dwindled multi options make it a no go for me

Katamari will be picked up though, I'm hearing so many good things abou tit.

Deus Ex was pretty sweet. I've only really played the PS2 version, but it was cool. IW, not so much, but I still enjoyed it.

I do have Deus Ex for PC. Paid $1, and I've barely played it.

Wasn't Bionic Commando delayed til sometime this month?

And did I miss the SFIITHD beta? Damn it.

Gah, I'm gonna go play some FFTA2 now. :p

[quote name='Foo228']Read some user reviews and whatnot...apparently godfather on the wii is the best version and clocks in at around 30 hours, so I guess I'll keep it[/quote]
I liked what I played of the game. It was a shocking good port... which can't really be said of alot of ports to the Wii.

I hope they make a Bioshock prequel as an adventure-esque game to explore Rapture before and maybe during its fall. That'd be awesome. And would certainly be better than the Halo-mod we got in the first game.

Yay, I got my 300 points. What XBX Originals game should I get?

I've narrowed my choices down to:
Indigo Prophecy (never played it)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (played like half when it first came out and loved it)
Ninja Gaiden Black (played the hell out of the demo)
Stubbs The Zombie (Always wanted to play it)
Fable (I think I'd be better off just buying The Lost Chapters.

The only worthwhile games there are Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell CT, but I wouldn't want the Xbox versions of either of those...

If you hafta get one though, NG Black, f'sho.

[quote name='daroga']I hope they make a Bioshock prequel as an adventure-esque game to explore Rapture before and maybe during its fall. That'd be awesome. And would certainly be better than the Halo-mod we got in the first game.[/QUOTE]
No.
[quote name='DarthPuma']Yay, I got my 300 points. What XBX Originals game should I get?

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (played like half when it first came out and loved it)
Fable (I think I'd be better off just buying The Lost Chapters.[/quote]
Stubbs or Indigo Prophecy.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Yay, I got my 300 points. What XBX Originals game should I get?

Fable (I think I'd be better off just buying The Lost Chapters.[/quote]

I thought Indigo was fun...like a complete matrix-ripoff in moves but still fun

Go NGB, Indigo isn't for everyone and Stubbs is a mixed bag...not to much left to see in replaying a game (at least that's how I see it)

Fable (I think I'd be better off just buying The Lost Chapters.[/QUOTE]

Indigo Prophecy is great. The story starts falling apart about 3/4 of the way through, but I really liked it.

I went with Indigo. I'm in the mood for something a little different. I figure I can pick up all the others for less than 20 bucks if I look hard enough, and this one is kind of rare.

Indigo Prophecy is one of the few film-noir video games.

Off the top of my head:

- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
- Max Payne 1 & 2
- The Darkness (which is the best example of film-noir represented in the video game medium)
- BioShock, to an extent

I agree with you Daroga. The whole time I was playing through Bioshock I kept thinking about how awesome it would be if I could walk around Rapture when it was still in tact.

[quote name='Brak']Indigo Prophecy is one of the few film-noir video games.

Off the top of my head:

- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
- Max Payne 1 & 2
- The Darkness (which is the best example of film-noir represented in the video game medium)
- BioShock, to an extent[/QUOTE]

In terms of non dark film-noir I'd say hotel dusk fits in, but only on the level of characters.

but yeah, Darkness was probably the best damn Mafia type game I've ever played. My only complaints were the end not being satisfying and the walking speed. other than that great game.

in terms of dues ex... is invisible wars good, or nowhere near the original... plus is it backwards compat on 360? I've always wanted to try it.

oh yeah, I got a dual shock 3 with the smash bros credit and other crap... I havent even played a game with it yet since it's charging and I'm doing stuff, but the weight alone is worth the price. dosn't feel like crap.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] Darkness was probably the best damn Mafia type game I've ever played. My only complaints were the end not being satisfying and the walking speed. other than that great game.

in terms of dues ex... is invisible wars good, or nowhere near the original... plus is it backwards compat on 360? I've always wanted to try it.

oh yeah, I got a dual shock 3 with the smash bros credit and other crap... I havent even played a game with it yet since it's charging and I'm doing stuff, but the weight alone is worth the price. dosn't feel like crap.[/QUOTE]

yea, i loved The Darkness

no its not back compat

congrats on the DS3

I have upgraded to a dreamcast!

lol, having never owned a sega system, it's the only one I even wanted to bother with. Got it, marvel vs capcom 2, crazy taxi, guilty gear x and a vmu for $75.

[quote name='SL4IN']I have upgraded to a dreamcast!

lol, having never owned a sega system, it's the only one I even wanted to bother with. Got it, marvel vs capcom 2, crazy taxi, guilty gear x and a vmu for $75.[/QUOTE]

go "pick up" Project Justice, Powerstone, Cannon Spike, Shenmue II, Spawn, Soul Calibur, Dynamite Cop, and if you are crazy like me, Zombie Revenge >_<

I got my first sega system, a dreamcast as well, from our fellow Daroga many years ago. still have it and use it off and on. such a versatile and still relevant system.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']go "pick up" Project Justice, Powerstone, Cannon Spike, Shenmue II, Spawn, Soul Calibur, Dynamite Cop, and if you are crazy like me, Zombie Revenge >_<

I got my first sega system, a dreamcast as well, from our fellow Daroga many years ago. still have it and use it off and on. such a versatile and still relevant system.[/quote]

What is zombie revenge? There's a few copies of it at work. Powerstone 1 & 2 are titles I plan to pick up, soul calibur I'll probably get for the sake of having. Cannon Spike, Project Justice and Dynamite Cop I don't know much about .

Zombie Revenge is like getting the clap. It's sorta like Dynamite Cop. They're 3d beat-em-ups, but they suck.

And ReRo, Invisible War basically takes all the things that were good about Deus Ex and throws them out the goddamn window. It replaces those great things with things that suck. It is a piece of shit and an insult to the original.

[quote name='SL4IN']What is zombie revenge? There's a few copies of it at work. Powerstone 1 & 2 are titles I plan to pick up, soul calibur I'll probably get for the sake of having. Cannon Spike, Project Justice and Dynamite Cop I don't know much about .[/QUOTE]

don't miss out on this... so good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqgIEV_1FVU

I'll take your warning also Chac.

Played the shit out of Okami today (5 hours or so?). Then my batteries died. Ah well, time to not play it again until next weekend. Games take too long.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Project Justice fucking rocks! I pray every night that Capcom will make another game in that series.[/QUOTE]

same here. even if a game never comes out I do hope it turns into an anime or manga (not the US udon one). it's such good material.

[quote name='Chacrana']Zombie Revenge is like getting the clap. It's sorta like Dynamite Cop. They're 3d beat-em-ups, but they suck.

And ReRo, Invisible War basically takes all the things that were good about Deus Ex and throws them out the goddamn window. It replaces those great things with things that suck. It is a piece of shit and an insult to the original.[/quote]

I love me some Dynamite Cop. A friend just hooked up his dreamcast, I will have to bring my copy over there sometime to play some co-op.

Oh yeah, I got published in the newspaper back last Saturday. So like, my dream came true. Its really sweet, about half a page and 5 pictures.
IT's about 5 games from 2007 you should play this summer. They also put it online.
http://thespec.metrolandwest.com/article/394327

For those who read it (please do!), just note that it isn't my 5 best of 07. Just games from last year that would be perfect for this summer (which is why Scene It? is there instead of COD4).
Enjoy!

Considering the paper goes out to a city of 500,000 and that I'm 15 with a dream of getting into journalism school, I'd say its a good start :D

And thanks to Chac for some edits.

EDIT: Be sure to click "view newspaper PDF", so you can see what it looked like in the paper.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I know the MMBN games are full of fetch quests but I can't remember one that bad. was that in the 1st game? I know 2 and 3 had a few where you need like 5 of a certain chip.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was the first game. I was probably the only one dumb enough to do that quest.

Rei: ZOE2 should be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back