spun.com - 20-25% off all new and used games - $50 min.

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Works on pre-orders. MAY20 = 20% off, MAY25 = 25% off for all spunclub members (free to join so it's a no-brainer). Believe they are a sister site to wherehouse.com and secondspin.com. 1st class shipping is reasonable (4.95 usually). Good until the 28th.

http://www.spun.com/

gr8 tnx ..nice post bro
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

nice, i hv never been to this site, the trade in value is not bad to me too, plus the code, great

Thanks OP! Good Deal!!!

Infamous (Pre-Order): 58.28
-14.57 (Spun Member promo)

2 Trades : -33.30

Total w/ shipping: 11.26

Can anyone vouch for spun.com?

It definitely looks like a sister site to secondspin.com, and if they are in fact reliable, then I found some awesome deals. But I'm a little worried about pre-ordering some good games and finding out they scammed me, or that it'll take forever to get.

EDIT:
Wait, nevermind. I'm an idiot. LOL

Well, I bit. I sold a TON of DVDs to secondspin.com back when they used to be worth a lot (got over $500+ for like 30 DVDs and boxsets, which helped towards me buying my PS3). So if Spun.com is a sister site or affiliated with them, I'll give them a try. Hell, according to their bio, they've been around since 1998 I believe so that's worth something.

Here was my total order:

BUYING FROM SPUN:

(Pre-Orders)
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (Xbox 360) - $48.78
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - $57.28

SELLING TO SPUN:

4 Games, 2 DVDs and 1 Blu-Ray - ($60.90 credit)
SPUNCLUB 25% OFF COUPON - (-$26.52)

FINAL TOTAL:

$19.81

That final total includes free 1st-Class Mail shipping (for trading in 3 or more items), free postage to ship my trade-in items, and $1.17 in tax (hey, I live in Illinois. LOL)

So all in all, I'm getting $128.98 worth of games (includes tax I would have to pay) for only $19.81! How awesome is that!

:lol:

spun.com, warehouse.com, secondspin.com...all same companies i am sure...

my experience with them.

THE BEST USED GAMES RESELLER. I have ordered around 20-25 games from them, all of them were great great quality, ALL came with Manual/boxart...Hardly any scratches...fast free shipping...better prices than gamestop!

If spun updated their inventory more often, i would buy from them more often. I love em!

Spun is owned by the same company as FYE, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Wherehouse & Secondspin, so while their customer service is crap, you can guess that they are pretty anal about their games being complete & in good condition.

MAY25 doesn't work for me and I signed up for an account. What am I doing wrong? I've got three $58.xx games in my cart.

EDIT: I got it to work. I pre-ordered Ghostbusters (PS3), Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3), and purchased Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (PS3) for a total of $36.48 after I traded in some fodder Xbox 360/Wii games + 25% off. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool!

Sold a bunch of DVDs and Blu-Rays and got InFamous and Prototype with credit left over!

Thanks for the heads up on this great deal!

[quote name='JCDenton']Trade-in values seem pretty shitty. $24.70 for killzone 2.....lol ok.[/QUOTE]

Trade in some fodder Xbox 360/Wii games.

Dark Sector (360) is going for $8.10 TiV and I got the game for $3.xx at a local Fred Meyer.

I traded in some games and dvds that I had been trying to get rid of for forever but never had any takers so I traded them in to this site.After promo and trades I got infamous and Super OG Saga for $9.91...Thanks OP!!!!

Wow this is an excellent deal. I got Infamous, Prototype, Batman AA, Klonoa, Little Kings Story, and the Conduit for about $82 plus like $90 worth trades. Normally would have cost almost $300.

Anyways, my only gripe was they dont have a preorder available for CoDMW2, God of War 3, Mass Effect 2, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2 ect...

I'm confused about the trade in policy- they say everything has to be near-mint. Does that just mean the disc? or do they mean the whole package? I have tons of cds that have chipped/cracked cases, and DVDs covered in "used" stickers from other stores. Is that going to knock me down to 25% credit?

Also- think they'd by back Eye of Judgement without the cards/camera?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. They had one last copy of LBP for $32 used before the 25% off. I was going to get it, but it went before I could add other things to make it $50. It said recalled version anyway... I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Oh well. Still looking for some other good deals on here...

[quote name='jkircos']Yeah I just wish they had more preorder games for later in the year, because this deal is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a few pre-orders -- definitely a good deal on those. The trade-in values for what I have lying around are horrid though, you can do better basically anywhere else.

Just a heads up. Spun pays $21.60 for Folklore ($9.97 @ Sears) and $18.10 for Armored Core 4 PS3 ($4.97 at Sears)

Definitely took a nice chunk out of my order since I had two of each.

If I place an order for inFamous (due out next week) will they hold the order until my trade-ins process? I have plenty to over-pay the total (with coupon of course). Looks like I'll be doing some business there sooner than later...

Apparently, they'll be sending the game out first, and I have 30 days to send in my trades. Not too bad, considering I'm still trying to finish FFTA2....

[quote name='animemaniac14']well folklore seems to actuaslly trade for $14.xx..so i guess you trading yours in and everybody else doin so as well lowered the TIV bezerker :([/QUOTE]

Yea- i noticed earlier when playing with their "Bulk Trade" feature that the TIVs update in what appears to be real time.

I accidentally submitted the same list of records to my kart 3 times, and each time, the values dropped

Example: Hellboy Collector's Edition 3-disc set
1st: 1.50
2nd: .70
3rd: .10

Let me ask a quick question cause this seems like a really good deal and I'm already seeing some good trades I can do.

So I get the games that I want to trade, make an account, add what I'm trading + buying + promo code, and they automatically give me the credit for the trades before they get the games in?

[quote name='EeveeFanboy'] It said recalled version anyway... I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Oh well. Still looking for some other good deals on here...[/QUOTE]I don't know if you remember but there was a huge 'controversy' about a song that contained words from the Islamic holy book. The release date was pushed back a week so they could reprint the game with an instrumental version of the song (lacking the offending 'lyrics'). I think there were copies in the wild that have the original song intact. I can't recall why but I'm pretty sure mine is one. Not that it matters the song was 'fixed' in the first patch.

[quote name='Vortextk']Let me ask a quick question cause this seems like a really good deal and I'm already seeing some good trades I can do.

So I get the games that I want to trade, make an account, add what I'm trading + buying + promo code, and they automatically give me the credit for the trades before they get the games in?[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right.

If they reject one of your trades, they will use the credit card you have to put on file to pay off the difference (if there is any).

Hopefully this all goes smoothly...

That's cool. I read that if you buy AND sell in the same transaction, only then is the credit up for instant use. Are booklets required? Just cover art good enough? Anyone have an idea? I'm having a hard time finding a lot of specific answers on trades.

tempted

class of heroes and Knights in nightmare

60 shipped

shipping sort of kills the deal

class of heroes and super robot if i would send them 30 bucks in stuff and get free shipping

5352... break that up 26.50 per game is sort of a very good deal

[quote name='Bezerker']Spun is owned by the same company as FYE, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Wherehouse & Secondspin, so while their customer service is crap, you can guess that they are pretty anal about their games being complete & in good condition.[/QUOTE]

can you use FYE credit here

i think you cant : (

Class of Heroes Pre-order Game
(6/09/2009) 39.28
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Pre-order Game
(6/24/2009) 29.18

57 bucks shipped just not worth it

they gave decent enough credit on some things I've been looking to get rid of that an order was worth it. after 4 trade-ins( total) and discount, paid $28 for Batman and Damnation.

Also, from what I can tell trading in 3+ items qualifies you for a free trade in shipping label and trading in $30+ worth of items qualifies your order for free shipping to you.

wow, i work at best buy and i had a lon of dvds and cds i got free etc and got 140 dollars credit from just the crap i didnt want! mmm free infamous is soo good!

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Damn. They had one last copy of LBP for $32 used before the 25% off. I was going to get it, but it went before I could add other things to make it $50. It said recalled version anyway... I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Oh well. Still looking for some other good deals on here...[/QUOTE]

LOL, Sorry it looks as if I owe you, I'm the one who added the last one to my cart. :bouncy: I cock blocked you lol :wall:

[quote name='rushisrighton']LOL, Sorry it looks as if I owe you, I'm the one who added the last one to my cart. :bouncy: I cock blocked you lol :wall:[/QUOTE]

Oh poop, I don't know if it's the mood I'm in or if it's the Vodka, but I'm stilll gettting a kick out of the cock block, ...... sorry if I'm not being a good christian, I seriously owe you one, but at least it was another cag member who stole your glory, and I'm a catholic so I might just have to give it to you because of those aweful Koran references;).

[quote name='Vortextk']That's cool. I read that if you buy AND sell in the same transaction, only then is the credit up for instant use. Are booklets required? Just cover art good enough? Anyone have an idea? I'm having a hard time finding a lot of specific answers on trades.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like the have the same policy towards trade-ins the Secondspin has - Mint/Near Mint only. Complete packaging and usually anal about scratches. I hope mine go thru no problem.

[quote name='jupiterjones']It sounds like the have the same policy towards trade-ins the Secondspin has - Mint/Near Mint only. Complete packaging and usually anal about scratches. I hope mine go thru no problem.[/QUOTE]

in the Q it says video games must come with booklet does not need case... sort of werid. you would think it be the other way around

[quote name='rushisrighton']Oh poop, I don't know if it's the mood I'm in or if it's the Vodka, but I'm stilll gettting a kick out of the cock block, ...... sorry if I'm not being a good christian, I seriously owe you one, but at least it was another cag member who stole your glory, and I'm a catholic so I might just have to give it to you because of those aweful Koran references;).[/QUOTE]
Yeah. You should totally give it to me so you can respect your faith. But since it's the offensive version and I'm an uptight American, I'll have to take it for a very discounted price. $10 sounds fair. :D

bread's done
Back