St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Not sure if any the local St. Louis CAGs watch the news, though just heard about this a few minutes ago from KTVI:

http://kotaku.com/5415354/cyber-monday-gamestop-robbery
http://www.kmox.com/Masked-men-rob-Maplewood-video-store/5782242

In a nutshell, the Gamestop on Hanley in Maplewood was robbed in broad daylight and at gunpoint today.

Not sure why KMOX is calling Gamestop a video store :whistle2:s , though that's the only reason I found it on KMOX.

I checked KMOV, KTVI, KSDK and KPLR and none of them had the story. :wall:

Wow, that's crazy. I always thought Maplewood was half way decent. Good thing no one got hurt but if you're gonna rob gamestop why not take the drawer of games they have?

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Wow, that's crazy. I always thought Maplewood was half way decent. Good thing no one got hurt but if you're gonna rob gamestop why not take the drawer of games they have?[/QUOTE]

One robbery at a Gamestop doesn't change that. :bouncy:
Nowhere's crime free.

holy hell ! I've been to that store before. might eat at Schlafley Bottleworks tonight. think I will drive by lol

I wouldn't call that store Maplewood, I would call it Richmond Heights. I live less than a mile from Bottleworks. Try the Summer Lager if they have some left.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not sure if any the local St. Louis CAGs watch the news, though just heard about this a few minutes ago from KTVI:

http://kotaku.com/5415354/cyber-monday-gamestop-robbery
http://www.kmox.com/Masked-men-rob-Maplewood-video-store/5782242

In a nutshell, the Gamestop on Hanley in Maplewood was robbed in broad daylight and at gunpoint today.

Not sure why KMOX is calling Gamestop a video store :whistle2:s , though that's the only reason I found it on KMOX.

I checked KMOV, KTVI, KSDK and KPLR and none of them had the story. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Yeah Shrike I'm the one who sent the KMOX link to Kotaku.

I was at work and they said it during one of the news updates so I went to the work PC, found the story on their website, and sent the link to Kotaku.

This happend to the one in alton il a few years back also. I think it was in broad daylight also.

That area around that store is fairly ghetto. so that doesn't really surprise me that much. Hope they catch those losers. Man I HATE thieves.

[quote name='destro4eva']That area around that store is fairly ghetto. so that doesn't really surprise me that much. Hope they catch those losers. Man I HATE thieves.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? It's practically in Clayton.

That's definitely a nice area (and Maplewood's pretty nice too), mostly businesses and shops, but things like that can happen anywhere. It's just important to be aware of your surroundings, no matter where you are.

But yeah, I don't think I'd call a shopping area that can sustain a Sansei and a Qdoba "ghetto." :)

[quote name='sirhansirhan']What are you talking about? It's practically in Clayton.[/QUOTE]

I know somebody that lives on Elinor right up the street from that Gamestop and I didn't feel too safe when I would go to his house.

[quote name='Killbomb']I know somebody that lives on Elinor right up the street from that Gamestop and I didn't feel too safe when I would go to his house.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you're from, buddy, but you are apparently awfully paranoid. I live walking distance from the GameStop in question; it's as safe as neighborhoods get in St. Louis.

:wii: Wii Fit Bundle $79.99 @ Aldi

Comes with the original Wii Fit game (not Wii Fit Plus), the balance board, a green mat and an extra rechargeable battery.

[quote name='sirhansirhan']I don't know where you're from, buddy, but you are apparently awfully paranoid. I live walking distance from the GameStop in question; it's as safe as neighborhoods get in St. Louis.[/QUOTE]

I don't live in the greatest area myself but when you have crowds of people out in the streets making a ton of noise, then it gets a little uncomfortable. Even my friend said the area around his house sucked.

Check out the streets north of that store, east of Hanley but west of Laclede Station. Drive through those and let me know what you think. I believe that's what Killbomb is referring to as well.

[quote name='destro4eva']Check out the streets north of that store, east of Hanley but west of Laclede Station. Drive through those and let me know what you think. I believe that's what Killbomb is referring to as well.[/QUOTE]

I drive through those streets every day. Here is what I think: they are safe. I walk around in the middle of the night alone listening to an iPod several nights a week, and have for a couple of years now--seems like if it were a bad neighborhood, I'd be an awfully easy target. What you're essentially doing with your argument is propagating incorrect information, and implying that somehow your uninformed opinion is fact, and it's a foolish argument to start with--the neighborhood in question is wedged directly between Clayton and Brentwood, two of the more expensive, upper-class neighborhoods in St. Louis. What you're doing is about the same as the people who erroneously assumed Kirkwood was a bad neighborhood when the Shawn Devlin story broke, and that was way scarier than a couple of uneducated robbers getting maybe a couple hundred dollars from a video game store.

Fenton, MO Target last night had 4 copies of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 copies of Mass Effect 1 (old art style) Platinum Hits for $10 each.

I hope one of those AC are still there early tomorrow afternoon. If anyone checks, please post if you can.

Thanks for the info MSUHitman.

I picked up AC from Fenton Target yesterday for $10. They still had 4 left and the Mass Effects were there as well. Thanks again MSU.

Went to Microcenter last night; no 1600 pt cards left, but they had a few 4000 pt cards for $40 and a TON of 3 Month Live cards for $10.

any deals out on 360 hard drives? I know Microcenter has refurbished ones for 89, but no xfer cable. My 20 filled to the brink 2 days ago. I cant see the point of buying a 60 for 100 and still having 2 buy a sfer cable of some sorts. I have been looking on ebay also but non seem 2 have the cable and Its hard to tell if they are real.. i mean they have grey 250 gig ones? where did they come from? I thought the MW2 was black?

[quote name='Kezmer']any deals out on 360 hard drives? I know Microcenter has refurbished ones for 89, but no xfer cable. My 20 filled to the brink 2 days ago. I cant see the point of buying a 60 for 100 and still having 2 buy a sfer cable of some sorts. I have been looking on ebay also but non seem 2 have the cable and Its hard to tell if they are real.. i mean they have grey 250 gig ones? where did they come from? I thought the MW2 was black?[/QUOTE]

The 250 GB are not sold individually, yet. If you buy the retail 120 GB one, it has the cable. Maybe wait for a deal on Amazon.

Does the 60GB not come with the cable? I know it has the headset but I figured it had the cable also. You can get the cable from MS but I think it costs like $15. There's also a thread in the 360 forum with people who trade the cable back and forth.

[quote name='hinotori']That's definitely a nice area (and Maplewood's pretty nice too), mostly businesses and shops, but things like that can happen anywhere. It's just important to be aware of your surroundings, no matter where you are.

But yeah, I don't think I'd call a shopping area that can sustain a Sansei and a Qdoba "ghetto." :)[/QUOTE]

"ghetto" and unsafe neighborhoods. Dude this can happen anywhere even a trailer park. :booty:

MSU

I was looking on ebay and all these people have them for sale. I know they arent sold at the store yet just seems strange to see them, I am too leery of buying one due to the banning of non MS products. they look like real drives also.

I keep hoping for a sale at Best buy or amazon or something but even the ones on Amazon don't come in the official retail box that I can see. They had a couple for 99 dollars but they were just hard drives it looked like.

The thing is with the new 360 update a lot of the drives not certified by Microsoft won't work on the 360 now (can't put profile on there, etc.) I would be weary even of the refurbished ones from Microcenter unless they had some type of Microsoft official approval.

The ones you see on EBay are usually from Asia and have the MS HDD casing, but a custom HD without the MS certified partitions/files on the drives (can't play XBox 1 games on them, etc.)

Unfortunately you may just have to bite the bullet and buy it near full retail. I bought mine at Walmart the week they came out for $170. :)

If you're still looking for the different CE's of MW 2, Microcenter had a few Hardened Editions on both PS3 and 360, and 2 360 Prestige Editions left on Saturday night.

yeah I have been in contact with a guy on CL for a 120 for 70 bucks but I guess I am weary, I saw a black one on ebay in the official MS box for I think 104 buy it now 94 starting bit. My 360 is a white one I guess it wont make much differance.

I also noticed yesterdayI cant even find 120 gb drives on BB.com maybe they are back today I havent looked I just thought that was odd also

[quote name='Kezmer']yeah I have been in contact with a guy on CL for a 120 for 70 bucks but I guess I am weary[/QUOTE]

Is the guy's email address jamboy?

I just got a 120gb off ebay that was supposed to be used, taken from an elite. Sadly, it doesn't work at all - not when directly attached, and not when hooked up through the transfer cable. It shipped from Ohio, has appropriate looking decals and engraved MS logo, but it's a doorstop. So please be cautious & careful!

[quote name='Kezmer']no it isnt that e-mail address? I guess that one if i see it is not a good person to deal with?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the hd's good bc I've just been getting the run around. I got 2 emails accepting a deal and when to pick up, now I can't get in touch with the guy. Oh well, it's probably for the better. Good luck with yours.

This is on topic/ off topic, but a few posts ago we were talking about the transfer cables. I bought a COD MW2 xbox and the transfer cable I had from the 120 gb hard drive I bought last year doesn't even register on it. I've heard both sides one guy says his transfered no problem, one guy say you're SOL and can't transfer anything to a 250 gb. Maybe I should get a newer cord? PS I live in Florissant, I can pick one up from your house tomorrow....:)
-Katie

[quote name='Goonie85']This is on topic/ off topic, but a few posts ago we were talking about the transfer cables. I bought a COD MW2 xbox and the transfer cable I had from the 120 gb hard drive I bought last year doesn't even register on it. I've heard both sides one guy says his transfered no problem, one guy say you're SOL and can't transfer anything to a 250 gb. Maybe I should get a newer cord? PS I live in Florissant, I can pick one up from your house tomorrow....:)
-Katie[/QUOTE]

Did you put the disc in the drive with the system on? It won't recognize that disc unless it's already in the tray when you boot the system.

On Major Nelson's podcast E said the transfer cable should work on the 250 GB systems. If it still doesn't work, maybe try emailing him [email protected].

I have just upgraded to the 250 GB system too. I haven't gotten my hands on a transfer cable to try to transfer from my 60 GB yet though. I really hope it works though, I hadn't heard about any problems till you mentioned it now, but I had not been looking either.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Went to Microcenter last night; no 1600 pt cards left, but they had a few 4000 pt cards for $40 and a TON of 3 Month Live cards for $10.[/QUOTE]

Forgot my golden rule to ask the employees to check their stock. They still had 1600 point cards for $13, they were just buried under the 100 3 month Live cards they had.

I bought a bunch for some of the Ragtag CAG's who were wanting points, but there were 5 1600 point cards left when I exited the store last night around 7.

thanks for the HD info, I think I am just going to say the hell with it and buck up and buy the 120 from best buy. Keep hoping it will go on sale for 119 like it did a few months ago., I know I am getting a couple gift cards for xmas and I have a 10 dollar RZ cert, so that will easy the sting a little. Eventually I think I will just get an arcade unit so I can have the HDMI port and a quiet Jasper unit

[quote name='Kezmer']thanks for the HD info, I think I am just going to say the hell with it and buck up and buy the 120 from best buy. Keep hoping it will go on sale for 119 like it did a few months ago., I know I am getting a couple gift cards for xmas and I have a 10 dollar RZ cert, so that will easy the sting a little. Eventually I think I will just get an arcade unit so I can have the HDMI port and a quiet Jasper unit[/QUOTE]Microcenter supposedly has refurb 120GB HDD's for $89, according to this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247109

[quote name='shrike4242']Microcenter supposedly has refurb 120GB HDD's for $89, according to this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247109[/QUOTE]

Yeah they have them but I don't know if they will work with Live profiles, etc. since the new 360 updates. I guess it depends if they're officially refurbished by MS or not. It doesn't say on the packaging and I didn't ask since I already have the 120GB HDD from its launch.

Was at the Walmart on Zumbehl the other day, lots of markdowns for the holidays, if you wannabattle the crowd. Also, if you're in the market for an iPod, Target is offering gift cards with Nanos and Touch's. Bought an 8 gb touch for my dad and got a $15 gc, but the 16 &. 32 come with $25 & $35 respectively.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah they have them but I don't know if they will work with Live profiles, etc. since the new 360 updates. I guess it depends if they're officially refurbished by MS or not. It doesn't say on the packaging and I didn't ask since I already have the 120GB HDD from its launch.[/QUOTE]I'd assume if they're being sold at MicroCenter, they're MS official refurbs, not some third party junk.

Would be a great reason to return it if they didn't work.

If anyone wants :360: Bayonetta a few weeks early, Best Buy in Brentwood had 2 copies on the shelf as of about 8:30. Expected to be shot down by the computer but the sale went through without problems. :D

The South County Best Buy has 3 copies of the 360 CE of SF IV @ $40 on clearance as of 5 p.m. 1 copy was on the rack in front of the video game section, while the other two were in their standard spot in the 360 section.

Also with the Blu-Ray of season 2 of the Sarah Connor Chronicles that is on sale this week for $30: they have 3 copies left as of 5 p.m. for the tin case version (retail BR case inside a larger steel case that was exclusive to BB.)

That version, however, does not scan as $30, it scanned @ $50. I pleaded my case it was supposed to be on sale for $30 and after looking over the ad to make sure it was the current ad the cashier changed the price so YMMV in getting the tin case version for $30.

The refurbished Microcenter 120gb hard drive does not work with Xbox Originals; neither downloaded (psychonauts) nor disc based (jade empire) had any success.

bread's done
Back