St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

[quote name='Kezmer']I would call BB customer line, that makes no sense whatsoever. they aren't losing 20 dollars it says right on the coupon Activision will re reimburse you 20 dollars plus 8 cents right on it, I would at least ask for a manager, I can see them denying you using the RZ coupon but denying this would make me call someone[/QUOTE]
On the coupon I believe it says something like "Not applicable with sale items." But at the same time, it's like fuck you best buy, your getting the money back. I tried telling the cashiers this. One of them told me they had been told in the morning by the manager not to do this. Another just said you weren't allowed to use 2 coupons (?).

I'm willing to bet Fairview Heights will not take the RZ coupon, they are usually not too nice about using coupons with stuff on sale. If you give them a hard time and ask for a manager it will probably go through though.

I'm just looking for one that will take the manufacturer's coupon...I'm not even a RZ member. I sent a pm to SHC to see if he can give me the head's up on the K-Mart deal in the STL area, so we'll see what happens. Anyone have any success at K-to tha-Mart?

[quote name='tlester2']I'm just looking for one that will take the manufacturer's coupon...I'm not even a RZ member. I sent a pm to SHC to see if he can give me the head's up on the K-Mart deal in the STL area, so we'll see what happens. Anyone have any success at K-to tha-Mart?[/QUOTE]I had a very minor issue at the one on Lemay Ferry in South County. The rep had to do something to the register to get the coupon to approve, and once she did that, OTD at $20 + Tax.

If you're looking for the Big Boss PSP pack, as of Sunday night, the Fenton Gamestop still had one. They also had a Peace Walker CE that I bought on Friday night with my credit.

Velo posted this in the Gamestop TIV thread, but if you have the Power Up card instead of the Edge card, you don't get the 10% off used games on gamestop.com until the Power Up program goes national.

FYI, the Madden 10 deal that's in the Video Game Deals forum over at Microcenter for $10 new is there now. I picked mine up on Saturday for $9.99/new. They also have a few other decent game deals (Band Hero - 360 for $14.99/new, and a few other decent stuff, as anything on clearance is an additional 25% off). Their website is listing a copy of Red Faction Guerrilla on 360 for $7.47, but good luck finding it, the guys in the gaming area and I surmised one of their co-workers has hid the thing (as I was looking to snag it for a co-worker).

[quote name='DTStratovarius']FYI, the Madden 10 deal that's in the Video Game Deals forum over at Microcenter for $10 new is there now. I picked mine up on Saturday for $9.99/new. They also have a few other decent game deals (Band Hero - 360 for $14.99/new, and a few other decent stuff, as anything on clearance is an additional 25% off). Their website is listing a copy of Red Faction Guerrilla on 360 for $7.47, but good luck finding it, the guys in the gaming area and I surmised one of their co-workers has hid the thing (as I was looking to snag it for a co-worker).[/QUOTE]

The Madden deal may be dead. Somone said the price on the website is back up to $30.

Drove past the Delmar Game Crazy yesterday, looks like it's finally dead. I was waiting to see if they dropped everything to 70%. Is the other one still kicking?

I just left gamecrazy on W. Florissant. All games are 70% off. Picked up Bayonetta for 15 bucks still in the plastic. Game guides are now 90% off. All of the hollywood stores and game crazies are sending their remaining stock over to that store.

TRU has that coupon that for 40% all game accessories for today only. Checked for some of the old points cards but no luck. Did find one of the old 12+1 month xbox live cards in the blister packaging. $23.99 out the door. There was only 1 left at Sunset Hills as of 10:30. None in South County location. Good luck!

Well, I was at GameCrazy on West Florissant today. Games are now down to 75% off, but it's extreme slim pickings, ditto for accessories (but slim pickings there too). Most pre-viewed movies are $1.99 & $2.99. Guides are still 90% off.

NOTE: Last day they're doing stuff at that location is next Friday, the employees told me.

[quote name='DTStratovarius']Well, I was at GameCrazy on West Florissant today. Games are now down to 75% off, but it's extreme slim pickings, ditto for accessories (but slim pickings there too). Most pre-viewed movies are $1.99 & $2.99. Guides are still 90% off.

NOTE: Last day they're doing stuff at that location is next Friday, the employees told me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Might have to make one last trip out there.

[quote name='DTStratovarius']FYI, the Madden 10 deal that's in the Video Game Deals forum over at Microcenter for $10 new is there now. I picked mine up on Saturday for $9.99/new. They also have a few other decent game deals (Band Hero - 360 for $14.99/new, and a few other decent stuff, as anything on clearance is an additional 25% off).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, I just bought a copy of :360: Band Hero with In-Store Pickup for $11.98. I'll grab it on my way home from work. :) According to the site there was still one more copy left.

I don't know how long it will last, but the new Gamestop in Manchester (the one across the street from the new Best Buy/Walmart) has had signs on their doors for buy 2, get 1 free on used games pretty much since they opened.

Also they're the only store in STL doing the Gamestop Madden tournament that Saturday in August.

Just a reminder that this is Missouri's tax-free weekend (August 6-8). Not every city is participating, but I know St Louis Mills, St Louis Galleria and South County Mall are all in on it.

The sales tax exemption is limited to:

Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500

http://dor.mo.gov/business/sales/taxholiday/school/

[quote name='MSUHitman']Fenton Best Buy had 1 copy of Splinter Cell CE and 1 copy of Alan Wake CE in their "clearance" section.[/QUOTE]

how much were they?

yeah same i saw at bridgeton for AW. I kind of want it but thats regular price. I know they are pretty rare but not sure I want it that bad

Probably a bit of a drive for most, but I just got back from O'Fallon, Missouri.

The Kmart thread currently mentions a super-double sale on Sin and Punishment/Super Mario Galaxy 2
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264039
Basically, 50 bucks gets you the game, 20$ game coupon, and 20$ of wii points (if you can find them). This Kmart still had 2 wii point cards when I left(far right, top row, from the game case).

I can confirm that the Wii points card rang up just fine, as did the coupon.

Hopefully a cag can liberate these wii point cards and give them a good home.

Don't know if anybody is looking for it, but the Fenton K-Mart has one copy of Heavy Rain left if you want to get it for the $40 sale price the last two days this week.

I thought people might be interested because it was sold out at a few other K-Marts in the area.

[quote name='KacieCross']Don't know if anybody is looking for it, but the Fenton K-Mart has one copy of Heavy Rain left if you want to get it for the $40 sale price the last two days this week.

I thought people might be interested because it was sold out at a few other K-Marts in the area.[/QUOTE]

Where's the KMart in Fenton?

FYI Velo reported in the main Gamestop thread that the Crestwood Mall location is closing. Not a surprise at that mall was dead back when I used to play VS. System at Clickz there in 2005/2006.

sad. during my childhood my mom would drop off my sister and I and we'd meet up with our friends, hang out, etc. That was when the movie theater was across from the food court though, so i'm guessing a lot's changed

I drove by old Crestwood Plaza last weekend, I didnt go in and I really don;t know if you can? there was 0 cars on the parking lot and it looked more of a ghost town than Northwest Plaza

[quote name='Kezmer']I drove by old Crestwood Plaza last weekend, I didnt go in and I really don;t know if you can? there was 0 cars on the parking lot and it looked more of a ghost town than Northwest Plaza[/QUOTE]

It's still open. There aren't very many stores left, but there are lots of artsy things inside it now. It's a strange place.

Must look like Northwest Plaza and Jamestown Malls look now. I mean nothing is in Northwest, and there are a few stores in Jamestown. The JC Penny's outlet is a good place to find cheap clothes at least

I drove by Crestwood Mall this weekend and I'd second the statement that it looks like a ghost town. Not sure why they haven't just bulldozed it down and made something else in its place. Only anchor store I can still see there was Sears, and it's not that great of a Sears store. Once that goes, they'll probably knock it down.

[quote name='uesc']sad. during my childhood my mom would drop off my sister and I and we'd meet up with our friends, hang out, etc. That was when the movie theater was across from the food court though, so i'm guessing a lot's changed[/QUOTE]

So that's why there's all that empty space downstairs. I always wondered why it was just the food court and arcade down there (never set foot in it until 2005.)

Crestwood Mall is sad. They did that big renovation a few years ago that actually turned out pretty nicely-- it's bright and clean inside, good playground area, and the family restroom is top notch. Didn't stop the hemorrhage of stores though.

[quote name='shrike4242']I drove by Crestwood Mall this weekend and I'd second the statement that it looks like a ghost town. Not sure why they haven't just bulldozed it down and made something else in its place. Only anchor store I can still see there was Sears, and it's not that great of a Sears store. Once that goes, they'll probably knock it down.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope not because my friend lives across the street from there and they have a restaurant/bar that usually gives us really cheap drinks. :D

Northwest is the true ghost town. Only things I know of that are left are the gym where I work out and a ladies' plus size store.

yeah Northwest is the Ghost town for sure. Macy's and Sears closed and there is nothing left.

I used to play games in the Crestwood arcade downstairs just about every weekend. So many fun good old memories playing Street Fighter 2 maybe 1993 lol

[quote name='Kezmer']yeah Northwest is the Ghost town for sure. Macy's and Sears closed and there is nothing left.

I used to play games in the Crestwood arcade downstairs just about every weekend. So many fun good old memories playing Street Fighter 2 maybe 1993 lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I spent plenty of time at old Exhilarama myself. Played a lot of Tekken Tag there since it was a quarter cheaper than Northwest plus it was 3 out of 5 rounds. :D

South County Target had a couple of nice items in the Clearance section.

One was a number of copies of LoZ: Phantom Hourglass for $17.98, as well as a few copies of The Orange Box (360 / PH) for $13.98. There was also a single copy of Borderlands for PC at $9.98.

This was correct as of the time of this post, give or take a few minutes.

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, I spent plenty of time at old Exhilarama myself. Played a lot of Tekken Tag there since it was a quarter cheaper than Northwest plus it was 3 out of 5 rounds. :D[/QUOTE]

Good job man, I was racking my brain trying to think of what that damn arcade was called !!!! Exhilirama.. Kept thinking TilT but that was Northwest.
way to go on remembering that

South County KMart update for you:

If you want Playstation Move, go to SC KMart. They have 5 bundles, 1 or 2 system bundles, 2 nav controllers, 2 or 3 charging stations, and about 5-7 Move controllers by themselves left. Coupon prints out fine and all deals are properly marked, except for the system bundle coupon.

If you're wanting Civ 5, they're in the PS2/3 game case in the middle.

If you're wanting Halo Reach, they have 1 Legendary, 1 System Bundle, and 5 Limited Editions left.

If you want DJ Hero, they have bunches for each system (the game plus turntable bundle) for $39.99.

Fenton Target is fairly cleaned out of Move stuff, I think they had 1 or 2 bundles left and a charging station. They had 1 Limited Edition of Reach and 1 system bundle left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a Move Motion Controller and Nav controller at the K-Mart on St Charles Rock Road. They now have one Move Remote, a few charger kits, no Nav Controllers, and no console or software bundles.

I was also presently surprised that the coupons printed automatically when the cashier had no idea what I was talking about.

Got the last Nav controller in High Ridge on Monday as South County was out. South County on Sunday was down to 1 bundle, 1 Move controller, and a bunch of charging stations.

Wasn't the promotion over at the end of the week for the coupons? I really struck out. Manchester (Ellisville) and St. Charles Rock Road had zilch, had to go up to North County to the W Florrisant location for the bundle and that's all they had. Went all over town looking and calling last week. Wish i had thought to venture in here to see if anyone had better luck. How do we contact SHC Stock Boy to check stuff?

bread's done
Back