St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

not much at the target on mid rivers mall drive. They did have some copies of Burnout Paradise (360) for $14.00, and "are you smarter than a 5th grader" (360) for $4.98, which (sadly) you can see in my played list. At least my wife liked it :|

Anyone know Kezmer IRL? His XBox status has been the same, lvl 4 on Mass Effect 1, for almost a month now. Killbomb and I sent him messages but no response.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone know Kezmer IRL? His XBox status has been the same, lvl 4 on Mass Effect 1, for almost a month now. Killbomb and I sent him messages but no response.[/QUOTE]

I haven't sent him a message yet but will do so now. I have never seen anything like that before in all the time I have spent on Live.

EDIT: Just checked and he's level 8 now so that's good news. :D

I don't know if this is just the Telegraph Rd. location or for all Family Video stores, but beware if you want to rent any new release video game now it requires a $20 deposit.

What I don't understand is they'll let you put the $20 deposit on a credit card, but why don't they just require an active credit card on file and if you keep or damage the game, they just charge the card like Blockbuster?

You have to protect yourself as a business but this is such an anti-consumer policy it just makes so sense to turn away customers when Blockbuster is hanging on by a thread and Netflix/Redbox/Gamefly are eating away at your customer base.

For those wanting to attend an "actual" midnight release, the Fenton Gamestop is going to have a big one (for St. Louis anyway) for Black Ops. The manager has gotten Domino's from down the highway on 141 to give out free pizza (even though Papa John's is 3 doors down from Gamestop but everyone who works in the Bluffs hates them,) the Army will be there with a Hummer and full gear (they are recruiting though so be ready,) and they're going to have a big screen going with either Black Ops or MW 2 playing (that they said was up in the air as to which game it would be.)

Saint Peters Target Had the following in their clearance area:

2 copies of Prince of Persia for $9.96 (360)
2 copies of Tekken 6 for $29.98 (PS3)
3 copies of alpha protocol $19.9X (PS3)
2 copies of Prototype for 13.9X (PS3)

I was in the bestbuy at manchester and 141 today and noticed they started selling used games there. Nothing spectacular but I saw 2-3 copies of Way of the Samurai 3 for PS3 for $20. I also glanced in the bin next to the registers and saw two copies of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

Browsing through the thread it looks like a lot of you guys don't get out to west county much?

For those looking to take advantage of Target's B2G1 Sale with Dance Central, I went to two Targets today and only one had any in stock.

Brentwood Target was sold out of Dance Central, but had a Kinect Sensor.
South County Target was sold out of the Kinects, but they have one copy of Dance Central left and one or two Kinectimals. (I got Dance Central, Kinectimals and Kirby's Epic Yarn)

The South County Best Buy has lots of Kinect stuff, but they don't have any special sales to the best of my knowledge. They also have their Kinect Demo Station set-up with Kinect Adventures. It worked pretty well and I was pretty close to the camera. The only problem I had is that they had some boxes in the play area, so in the ball kicking game I had a tendency to kick the boxes.

They also had the Janet Jackson DLC for Dance Central out on the floor with no price tag. It scanned for $5. (I think it comes with the game or something when you buy it there)

One other thing I noticed is that no store I went to had all 17 Kinect Launch games in stock. I think Best Buy had 11 games and Target was missing DanceMasters.

I got the $20 dollar off 1 year xbox live text, I was looking for any Best Buys who have the old 12 month cards left for 49.99. if you see any in your travels let me know.

I don't suppose anyone might be in the hunt for a used 52" Sony LCD TV that I'm trying to get rid of?

PM me if you might be interested.

Does anyone know about discounts from FYE (Hampton) They had -10% to 50% but usually still more expensive than BB or others. Does anyone know if they close the Hampton location?

[quote name='Kezmer']just bought a 42 inch visio LCD from Costco for 529 w weeks ago for my basement,[/QUOTE]Nice find.

I've been trying to find a home for this on the cheap, as it's left over from a repair issue with Sony. The set has a small warm-up issue that there's a 2-3 pixel wide dark line that shows up when the set is cold and disappears 45 or so minutes later. I asked Sony to fix it and when the replacement cost of the panel exceeded the value, they junked it out though let me keep it. It comes without warranty, though has never given me a problem save this dark line on the panel which does disappear.

Pics of the issue:

Pic of the TV after the line has disappeared:

Model is a Sony KDL-52XBR6 and was bought two years ago during BF. Specs are at the following link:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&productId=8198552921665532060#specifications

yeah that line wouldnt bother me in gaming but if it came to like watching hockey or something i would notice it. crazy how that can happen like that. you would think they could fix it by replacing the back light or something

[quote name='Kezmer']yeah that line wouldnt bother me in gaming but if it came to like watching hockey or something i would notice it. crazy how that can happen like that. you would think they could fix it by replacing the back light or something[/QUOTE]It disappears over time, sometimes as quickly as 15-20 minutes. Only happens when it's been cold for 8+ hours and then gone after it's warmed up.

I called Sony to ask them to repair it and they said it was a panel replacement and $5K repair cost to repair it. :shock: Which is why they junked out my extended warranty, gave me comparable replacement value on the set and said I could keep it.

I've been trying to find it a home, though I'm about to toss it on CL and see if anyone bites on it.

If anyone is looking for a Live Gold card in a pinch and can't wait for Amazon/Buy.com to ship one, the Fenton Gamestop has over 12 each of the old 3/12 month cards for the original MSRP ($20/$50.)

Also they have 2-4 Halo Legendary's left for $80.

hey MSUHitman, I apologize for not ever checking out your website or podcast but I am downloading it now and I will listen next week. You guys have a nice site, I enjoyed browsing it and will continue to check it out

K-Mart st charles Rock Rd still has a couple copies of NBA JAM for 29.99 for xbox 360. I just brought a printout in and they didn't ask any questions

Sam's on Hanley has the Halo Reach LE controller for $44.98. I picked up one yesterday evening and there were another 3 or 4 on the shelf. The controller is slick and the banshee avatar prop is pretty sweet. :)

Some people say It's rare but there were tons of SMB All Stars for wii at rock rd best buy last night. I just got one for me, used the 10% off coupon they mailed me, also it was 26.99 at Costco

St Peters costco had a bunch of Kinect sensors for 139.99 last night if anyone is looking for one last minute

Any Walmarts still have the Resident Evil Steelbooks? I have heard that some Walmarts still have the first 4 steelbooks but I have not seen them on the IL side.

[quote name='sendme']Any Walmarts still have the Resident Evil Steelbooks? I have heard that some Walmarts still have the first 4 steelbooks but I have not seen them on the IL side.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Walmart on West Florissant last night and picked up Afterlife. Didn't see any of the first 4.

I went to the Kirkwood Walmart earlier this afternoon and all they had was Afterlife, which they were out of when I picked up the last copy they had.

No sign of the earlier ones.

was hardly anything in north county, I mean really it rained hard for maybe 5 minutes but it totally missed the area, considering 15 miles down the road that F3 came down

At times they hit around Alton and Granite City. All we had was rain and lots of wind. Only some trees and I saw one pole that was starting to go down.

I was in West County Mall and luckily got out before they shut down stores temporarily. A friend of mine was stuck in a store(they wouldn't let people leave at some point). Nothing seemed to hit my part of town(the city - near st. louis hills/hampton area). Its crazy about the damage the Sunset Hills area saw.

I was out and about (doing a Big Lots circle trek around trying to see if I could find some Paramount $10 season set shipments), and I was over in Granite City when the tornado warnings started blaring. I got to Fairview Heights, when the really really heavy rain hit. The Crestwood Big Lots was the last stop on my trip, but the Sunset Hills/Crestwood PD had Watson blocked by the McDonald's, so that was out.

Nothing major hit St. Charles though. However, there was debris ON Watson which made me realize something hit nearby.

I was told that they also locked up the Walmart in Granite City and told the people they had to stay and go to the middle of the store.

If anyone is wanting to do the B2G1 free at Best Buy, the CE of AC: Brotherhood is marked at $60 by customer service at the Fenton location. They had 4 360 and 2 PS3 CE's when I was there this afternoon. They also still had 1 Alan Wake CE and a couple of Castlevania CE's marked at $60 in the regular 360 game section.

anyone ever pre-order a game from Best Buy? I had some reward points and pre ordered dead space 2 collectors edition. I did it and it was in stock then I look today and says no more are available at the Bridgeton store.

I am hoping they have on for me, and it is ready for pickup when they open. Just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered from there and was able to get it right away?

They SHOULD have it held for you at customer service. Good luck with that.

I think everyone on here except Velo would play this on 360, but if you're looking for ME 2 on PS3, the Fenton Gamestop had 6 or 7 copies as of 6 p.m. last night, although 4 of those copies were gutted. They also still have 2 Halo Reach Legendary editions.

The Fenton Target for some reason had 2 copies of Starcraft 2 LE at full MSRP ($100) on the shelf that haven't been there since launch. My guess someone tried to stash them and someone found them in the back and put them out.

[quote name='Kezmer']anyone ever pre-order a game from Best Buy? I had some reward points and pre ordered dead space 2 collectors edition. I did it and it was in stock then I look today and says no more are available at the Bridgeton store.

I am hoping they have on for me, and it is ready for pickup when they open. Just wondering if anyone has pre-ordered from there and was able to get it right away?[/QUOTE]

I've never personally pre-ordered from the Bridgeton store, but I know that they keep their pre-orders in the Customer Service Department. I think you should be fine, just don't wait too late in the day.

thanks, I really want to pick it up as soon as they open lol, I traded days off at work and am going to suffer a shitty Monday tomorrow to play it tuesday

most the malls are already closed today, I wouldn;t be surprised if the stores shut down also

bread's done
Back