Stand by for Titanfall!

Agree 100%. Especially with Battlefield. While the game is rocky as hell, its always had the better SP. Its a hard $50 to spend, but it is worth it. Huge maps, achievements, guns.
Lol, nah I did that shit for BF3 and then they released it all in a bundled pack so I'm not falling for that trick again EA.

Lol, nah I did that shit for BF3 and then they released it all in a bundled pack so I'm not falling for that trick again EA.
Its still worth the price. Its just when the time the bundle comes out, all the dlc wouldve been out for a long while.

You buy a Season Pass if you truly enjoy the game.  Not for the achievements. 

It's the same way that if you like the game but don't know if it's worth pre-paying for content you wait until it's out and see if the content seems worth the extra price.  And if you don't enjoy the game then you don't buy it. 

The whole concept of a Season Pass is to capitalize off of impulse buyers who have yet to see any further content.  You either buy it because you want to support the game, or you wait to see if it's interesting.  Smart financial choice...

And stop crying because I destroyed you in another thread.  Seriously, I'm being rational.  Complain about DLC maps not being available to play, or game issues or things that don't work, but not about achievements being given away to all owners.

You buy a Season Pass if you truly enjoy the game. Not for the achievements.

It's the same way that if you like the game but don't know if it's worth pre-paying for content you wait until it's out and see if the content seems worth the extra price. And if you don't enjoy the game then you don't buy it.

The whole concept of a Season Pass is to capitalize off of impulse buyers who have yet to see any further content. You either buy it because you want to support the game, or you wait to see if it's interesting. Smart financial choice...

And stop crying because I destroyed you in another thread. Seriously, I'm being rational. Complain about DLC maps not being available to play, or game issues or things that don't work, but not about achievements being given away to all owners.
No, YOU buy the season pass if you enjoy the game. You don't speak for everyone.

You didn't "destroy" anything. You're just a simpleton who's attempting to make his own pathetic existence have meaning by trolling other members on a board. You're the dick here, still. And saying "destroyed" is only giving me more fuel to report you. Congratulations.

Lastly, the devs said they'd include achievements and they didn't. That's what they call false advertisement. If they said they'd include achievements in the FREE content, I can guarantee 80% of the people wouldn't have bought the season pass.

Now, again, mister Keyboard Warrior, take your pathetic attempts at being a troll back to your hole.

Eddible lay off man, I bought the season pass a few weeks after release thinking it would include the things that normally come with a season pass. It's my own fault for trusting a new developer, but these are things that I expect to be apart of the season pass. Bungie/343 and Dice to name a few always had achievements tied to paid map packs. Everybody was thinking the same thing, they said the updates and game modes would be free, but not everything else. So if you cant see where the frustration is coming from, than you don't have to comment in this thread. 

You want to rag on me and others because we enjoy getting achievements, go ahead it just shows you don't understand that achievements are an extension of the game. When you get to gen 10 and are finished with everything else, you have nothing to work towards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="fatmanforlife99" post="11761417" timestamp="1400197674"]Eddible lay off man, I bought the season pass a few weeks after release thinking it would include the things that normally come with a season pass. It's my own fault for trusting a new developer, but these are things that I expect to be apart of the season pass. Bungie/343 and Dice to name a few always had achievements tied to paid map packs. Everybody was thinking the same thing, they said the updates and game modes would be free, but not everything else. So if you cant see where the frustration is coming from, than you don't have to comment in this thread.

You want to rag on me and others because we enjoy getting achievements, go ahead it just shows you don't understand that achievements are an extension of the game. When you get to gen 10 and are finished with everything else, you have nothing to work towards.[/quote] I wouldn't buy dlc for achievements but I totally respect your decision to. People have different reasons for playing games and I'm sure I've spent my own money on gaming decisions people would think are a waste. Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes to mind. Not for everybody, but I enjoyed it and had fun.

Well I don't buy dlc for just achievements I just expected them to include them with the dlc like most games do. I don't really care anymore, but they should of let people know ahead time this was the way it was going to be.

I wouldn't buy dlc for achievements but I totally respect your decision to. People have different reasons for playing games and I'm sure I've spent my own money on gaming decisions people would think are a waste. Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes to mind. Not for everybody, but I enjoyed it and had fun.
See, its just a matter of letting people have their perspectives. I don't feel a game is complete without achievements in a season pass. Which is why I passed on game's SP like Injustice and such. Unless the game is a RPG type or very long game that has amazing story, its not worth non-achievement content.

Do companies usually announce achievements ahead of time? I don't really pay attention. I know sites like Achievement Hunter might find out before DLC releases...

No but usually true achievements or Xbox achievements has dlc usually a week before the game's dlc drops. Retail games usually come out a month or two. Watch Dogs and Wolfenstien have been out for quite some time.

Turned my Xbox on after awhile to get the Season Pass and play the DLC. First I got it with a controller update that took awhile, then it was the 600MB Titanfall patch, followed by the 1.92GB DLC.

So much for getting a game in tonight.  :wall:

Eddible lay off man, I bought the season pass a few weeks after release thinking it would include the things that normally come with a season pass. It's my own fault for trusting a new developer, but these are things that I expect to be apart of the season pass. Bungie/343 and Dice to name a few always had achievements tied to paid map packs. Everybody was thinking the same thing, they said the updates and game modes would be free, but not everything else. So if you cant see where the frustration is coming from, than you don't have to comment in this thread.

You want to rag on me and others because we enjoy getting achievements, go ahead it just shows you don't understand that achievements are an extension of the game. When you get to gen 10 and are finished with everything else, you have nothing to work towards.
You're misreading what I posted. I'm saying it is stupid to buy it strictly for achievements. I know from your posts in other threads that you play games like Call of Duty and Halo, and understand why you'd buy the Season Pass, especially since I assume you'd want to support Respawn after what happened with their removal from the Call of Duty franchise.

When Halo 4 glitched and everyone was getting the first map pack for free, that was absurd. People who bought the Season Pass (or limited edition) were being ripped off there as content they were paying for was going to everyone else for free. But the maps are still only available to those with the Season Pass or DLC for Titanfall. The addition of achievements is not something to be bothered by. If anything, it'll potentially increase the population as (more) people might play to unlock them.

And, again, this is why you don't buy Season Passes before the content launches. I learned this from Gears of War: Judgment, as I thought it would be like the way Gears of War 3 was with the amount of content it delivered. It's a terrible concept as it literally is giving a developer 100% investment with no actual view of what may come later. They could make great content like maps, weapons, additional campaigns, or terrible, lacking content that is a money grab.

I'm not trying to start a war, I'm asking the genuine question of are you pissed for supporting a studio or because you bought content before you needed to? Don't get angry at me, ask yourself why you're mad about it. You've invested in a video game you enjoy playing; isn't that the right thing to do?

Just drop it, cause you clearly don't understand why we are upset with what happened. Just so you know, I don't play call of duty anymore and I haven't since modern warfare 2 was big.

Jeez, achievements? Really? I went after them for a time, then realized they interfere with my enjoying the game. I don't give a rat's ass if the DLC has 'em or not.

I respect some folks want and need them.. but not really.

So, overall the consensus is that this dlc pack isnt that great but its ok. I played a little bit on all 3 and i gotta say I think Wargames might be the best one and Swampland is good too but Runoff is trash.

I think it's kind of funny how Titanfall (probably) has many more people playing on the 360 than the 1, yet the game and DLC have insane delays for the 360. Is it really to try pushing more 1's out the door, or are us slovenly 360 low-lives just getting screwed?

Wow I think it's funny everybody is up in arms about no new achievements with the DLC. I've bought DLC for many CODs and BF3/4 and all the gears and honestly other then gears 1 I didn't know DLC even added achievements till I saw this argument

I don't get the maps for achievements, I get them for new content to extend a game I enjoy.

If there weren't any achievements coming free I'd think the DLC wouldn't be complete. But I want new maps and there are achievements coming so
It's not a big deal. To me.

Why would they release achievements for 3 maps?  Do you really want an achievement for just playing on a map?  Or winning on a map?  Or playing all the modes?  Come on now.

And *when* did Respawn say the DLC would have achievements?  I've been following Titanfall for a very long time.  At no point did I ever hear added achievements being referenced for DLC.

Getting angry doesn't make up for the fact that you bought something before finding out what it really was.  That's not Respawn's fault.  That is your fault.

Fact of the matter is, I knew I wanted the map packs a long time ago.  At the same time, I didn't know if the community would still be playing by the time the first map pack came out, or if I would.  So, you know what I did?  I bought the season pass yesterday.  At the same exact price as if I bought it the day the game came out.

Buying DLC/Season Pass for achievements...anything to make some of you guys E-Peens grow, I swear.

I played last night for the first time in a while, glad to see that it's easier to track what missions you have won for the campaign. Definitely needed that.

I think it's kind of funny how Titanfall (probably) has many more people playing on the 360 than the 1, yet the game and DLC have insane delays for the 360. Is it really to try pushing more 1's out the door, or are us slovenly 360 low-lives just getting screwed?
The main thing is the 360 version came out a lot later, the Xbox One version came out March 11th.

Achievements.... :wall:

Whining about not having achievements is just flat out fuck ing ridiculous. You buy it for the content, not just the cheesemints.. they are more like a 'bonus'. Unless you're one of those dorks that measures their pee pee by how large your gamerscore is, because you're not a real man until it's at least "1,337,337". :D/

Let's say before achievements were even introduced, if you liked the game and enjoyed what it offered, you'd have bought it for the content, no? If that wasn't the case, you'd see companies releasing "Achievement DLC" (which isn't a bad idea to capitalize off of the lot of you, apparently...) with no extra content, nothing but achievements to chase after .. laaaame.

Achievements.... :wall:

.. laaaame.
That's my point, but they don't get it.

Thank god there are other people who do get this though. Someday a company is going to a make a game called Achievements: The Game. You start it up, go online and instantly get 1000 points. It'll require an online pass, which will cost $50 if you buy the game used. It'll then have many $25 DLCs to get it to 2000 gamerscore. The DLCs will consist of a short video thanking you for your purchase, and then insult you for the remainder of it.

And people will buy it......

Just drop it, cause you clearly don't understand why we are upset with what happened. Just so you know, I don't play call of duty anymore and I haven't since modern warfare 2 was big.
You think?

Also, you didn't read what I wrote, or at least didn't comprehend it like the other guy. I said you played Call of Duty, and you then agree that you did. And your reply doesn't even relate to the comment I made....

Anyway, I'll write with smaller words and shorter sentences to help you through this:

-You played Infinity Ward games

-Some Infinity Ward guys got fired

-They make a new game studio

-They make a new game

-You buy the game

-You buy the optional Season Pass, which includes 3 new content packs

-First pack arrives, with actual new content

-You complain because of a lack of lame numbers

-Company delivers new content...for a game you play...but you complain about the numbers anyway

-Previous company, when they released DLC for the other games they made, never added extra achievement points to their games (Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2)

-Gets explained that achievements aren't important, and, instead of understanding it, becomes defensive

-Genuinely asks others what you're going to do once you hit Generation 10 of a multiplayer game; doesn't consider the possibility to just keep playing

You're not even complaining about the map packs or their content, just that they didn't include an arbitrary number. So, yes, you're right. I concede that I do not understand.

Some people, myself included, like achievements not just for the GS but because they add replayability having to go after certain goals.

[quote name="The Ebbtide" post="11763380" timestamp="1400262294"]That's my point, but they don't get it.

Thank god there are other people who do get this though. Someday a company is going to a make a game called Achievements: The Game. You start it up, go online and instantly get 1000 points. It'll require an online pass, which will cost $50 if you buy the game used. It'll then have many $25 DLCs to get it to 2000 gamerscore. The DLCs will consist of a short video thanking you for your purchase, and then insult you for the remainder of it.

And people will buy it......

You think?
Also, you didn't read what I wrote, or at least didn't comprehend it like the other guy. I said you played Call of Duty, and you then agree that you did. And your reply doesn't even relate to the comment I made....

Anyway, I'll write with smaller words and shorter sentences to help you through this:
-You played Infinity Ward games
-Some Infinity Ward guys got fired
-They make a new game studio
-They make a new game
-You buy the game
-You buy the optional Season Pass, which includes 3 new content packs
-First pack arrives, with actual new content
-You complain because of a lack of lame numbers
-Company delivers new content...for a game you play...but you complain about the numbers anyway
-Previous company, when they released DLC for the other games they made, never added extra achievement points to their games (Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2)
-Gets explained that achievements aren't important, and, instead of understanding it, becomes defensive
-Genuinely asks others what you're going to do once you hit Generation 10 of a multiplayer game; doesn't consider the possibility to just keep playing

You're not even complaining about the map packs or their content, just that they didn't include an arbitrary number. So, yes, you're right. I concede that I do not understand.[/quote] To you, achievements don't matter TO YOU. Why do you care so much how somebody else enjoys their games?

Wow I tried to just let it go but all you want to do is talk shit. Clearly you can't read at all, I said I DON'T buy dlc for just achievements. I was expecting them to be included with the paid dlc just like almost every other game does. It nice to work towards something when all you have left is to grind. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

I like getting all the achievements in the games I enjoy most. Its not like I stop playing the game after getting the 1000 in a the game. Its not about epeen, I have a little over 60k. So you can see its just something I enjoy. You want to keep talking go ahead, I'm over this.

Some people, myself included, like achievements not just for the GS but because they add replayability having to go after certain goals.
See. Exactly. These maps will get boring after a short time, but achievements make you strive for more and add more playability.
To you, achievements don't matter TO YOU. Why do you care so much how somebody else enjoys their games?
Cause he's that neighbor that has their head in the window, peeking through the blinds, needing to add to and be part of gossip.
Wow I tried to just let it go but all you want to do is talk shit. Clearly you can't read at all, I said I DON'T buy dlc for just achievements. I was expecting them to be included with the paid dlc just like almost every other game does. It nice to work towards something when all you have left is to grind. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

I like getting all the achievements in the games I enjoy most. Its not like I stop playing the game after getting the 1000 in a the game. Its not about epeen, I have a little over 60k. So you can see its just something I enjoy. You want to keep talking go ahead, I'm over this.
Well put, mate. Well put.

Someday a company is going to a make a game called Achievements: The Game. You start it up, go online and instantly get 1000 points. It'll require an online pass, which will cost $50 if you buy the game used. It'll then have many $25 DLCs to get it to 2000 gamerscore. The DLCs will consist of a short video thanking you for your purchase, and then insult you for the remainder of it.
I don't think Microsoft would allow that but I know you weren't being 100% serious here.

Not for the majority of people who purchased the season pass under the pretense of it including achievements. Now, back to your hole with the rest of the trolls.
I understand that achievements are important to you (to each his own) but I never thought Ebbtide was a troll.

You're misreading what I posted. I'm saying it is stupid to buy it strictly for achievements. I know from your posts in other threads that you play games like Call of Duty and Halo, and understand why you'd buy the Season Pass, especially since I assume you'd want to support Respawn after what happened with their removal from the Call of Duty franchise.

When Halo 4 glitched and everyone was getting the first map pack for free, that was absurd. People who bought the Season Pass (or limited edition) were being ripped off there as content they were paying for was going to everyone else for free. But the maps are still only available to those with the Season Pass or DLC for Titanfall. The addition of achievements is not something to be bothered by. If anything, it'll potentially increase the population as (more) people might play to unlock them.

And, again, this is why you don't buy Season Passes before the content launches. I learned this from Gears of War: Judgment, as I thought it would be like the way Gears of War 3 was with the amount of content it delivered. It's a terrible concept as it literally is giving a developer 100% investment with no actual view of what may come later. They could make great content like maps, weapons, additional campaigns, or terrible, lacking content that is a money grab.

I'm not trying to start a war, I'm asking the genuine question of are you pissed for supporting a studio or because you bought content before you needed to? Don't get angry at me, ask yourself why you're mad about it. You've invested in a video game you enjoy playing; isn't that the right thing to do?
I think what sucked about Gears of War 3 pass was that the season pass was actually discounted before all of the DLC were even released. So people like me that paid on Day 1 paid full price while others got it for cheaper. Pretty messed up when you think about it.

To you, achievements don't matter TO YOU. Why do you care so much how somebody else enjoys their games?
That's not my point. I don't care if you play for achievements. In fact, that's great if it gives you a reason to play a game again, or at a higher difficulty, or differently than you would. But to complain about them not being included in content is sad. That's my point.

To literally say "I won't buy a map pack because it doesn't have achievements" is sad. That literally means that the only reason you are buying it is for the digital number obsession, not for the game itself, or the maps, or to support a studio, but because of a digital addiction to an arbitrary number.

That's exactly why I mentioned the fictitious game idea above; it would sell well because of the addiction.

People came into this thread complaining that they paid money for achievements and didn't get them. Not that they paid money for maps that didn't come. How are people not getting how sad this is? In the future developers could see this backlash and realize that content isn't necessary, but the number is. That's what concerns me.

If Bungie offered DLC for Halo 2 that just consisted of a number next to your gamertag, and it cost money, people would have laughed at it. You want content, not a number. But after the last generation it's changed. Now there are people who are more interested in the worthless number than they are in content. Respawn offers paid maps and people are screaming about achievements. Play the game, not the numbers.

I don't think Microsoft would allow that but I know you weren't being 100% serious here.
The more I think about it, the more I wish it would happen. Some school should design it in tandem with a research study about the compulsive addiction to gaming, and the extremes that people have for it. I know studies have been done on gaming for years, but this would literally be the extreme test. You don't play it, you buy it. It's like how I wish that the company that made the Avatar: The Burning Earth game would somehow be able to release the information of how many people actually played through the whole game, and didn't just get the achievements for it and get rid of it. At that point, if you literally are playing for the number, and not for the game, you compulsively addicted to achievements.

It's no different than a gambler who plays not for the money or the thrill of it, but to literally just gamble, and gamble and gamble until their money is completely gone. In this case, once they have the achievements the player (not gamer) abandons the game and move to their next fix. They do not remain with the game, and instead move to the next thing. I can understand the appeal of it, as you can justify a game 'complete' or done, but what I'm seeing here is not the interest of playing a game, but of obtaining the number. This is distinctly different. We're not talking about Horse Armor in a game, we're talking about Map Packs in a Multiplayer only game. Something that is great in the idea of it; more maps to play in a game you enjoy.

When you played Halo: Combat Evolved, or Goldeneye, or Quake, or Doom you played the game. While PC had mods, consoles lacked this. If you were offered new maps for games that never had that option, but you played for countless hours because you enjoyed the experience, you'd have loved the idea.

If you look at the initial beginning of last generation, DLC usually didn't add achievements. Perfect Dark: Zero didn't, Call of Duty didn't, even Gears of War made them free, and even informed people ahead of it that they would be made free. It's no coincidence that Microsoft eventually made DLC that included achievements carry a fee, as they were gambling on the compulsive behavior of people not being able to accept that 1000/1250, or whatever number, and being willing to spend money to get that. Halo 3 made the Heroic Map pack free after a few months, but it also included no achievements. The later packs did, and look at how much the Mythic Map Pack 2 costs, almost 7 years later. Look at how the Gears of War Sequels added further pricing to the content packs.

This is what concerns me. I feel like we're seeing a growing trend with the addiction to the number, and that studios realize this. I understand that there are studios that don't always do this, there are always variables. That's what I'm confused by. The Season Pass here added more maps, which is the whole point of DLC. That's what we were told it was when we were introduced it. To cry over the lack of numbers is not only sad, but concerning. The obsession, the addiction, is so strong that these people need to have it, or else the feel unsatisfied. The maps could be fantastic, this could be an amazing Season Pass, something that an online only game should deliver, yet they're not satisfied with it only because the numbers are missing.

It's like the gambler issue above. A gambler does not care if they win or lose the hand. They don't quit, they aren't satisfied. There's no joy in the win, only in the constant betting. It's what makes it an addiction. It's a need. Achievements do not enhance or add maps. Achievements don't give you new weapons or outfits. In fact, we've lost that in many games, sold to us later, with an achievement frequently attached to it; get x kills with this gun or in this costume. This concerns me as I really do feel sad for these people; they're addicted. The don't enjoy the game, they enjoy the number. But they don't even enjoy the number, they crave it. These guys are complaining about not having achievements; does no one see the addiction symptoms here? They literally want refunds because of no numbers. That means Respawn could have made an Achievement pack, which consisted of nothing but achievements, not new maps, new weapons, outfits, Titans, just achievements, and they would have been satisfied with it.

This is what I feel needs to be studied. I feel like Microsoft and, by association, Sony have found a grand addict standard with the reward system. It's a further enhancement on the digital addiction, and a legal one. And the standard defenses of addiction come up; what do you care man, who is it hurting. It bothers me to come into this thread and see people complaining about something so trivial. If the maps sucked, if they were glitched, absolutely complain, and thank you for the warning. But over the number. It's the same reason that Microsoft put the Day One achievement for the Xbox One. They knew that there would be people, so addicted to achievements, that they would spend there money one the system strictly for that. You know from other threads how many people have complained since after buying a Day One console and seeing the price drops and bundles that have come out in less than a year, but they couldn't help themselves. I really am curious how many of those same complainers would not have bought it if it didn't have the Day One achievement; serious question. Consoles drop in price, bundles happen, you never need anything at launch. To regret it later shows poor decision making, a constant with an addiction.

You can play Titanfall, win or lose, killing or dying, and still have fun. Previous generations never had achievements, yet people played games and enjoyed them. What's changed but the digital addiction, now more prevalent. I know this was way too long of a reply, and people won't react to it with actual thought, but I am being sincere. You put money towards something and got what you paid for; maps. If you find yourself obsessing of the unimportant thing then I think it's a greater issue. As I said before, the achievement system was literally designed based off of psychological compulsion, the need to have it, or the shame of not having enough. Some people are taking it way too far, and yet when I pointed it out I'm the one who is being looked at. It's weird...

I think what sucked about Gears of War 3 pass was that the season pass was actually discounted before all of the DLC were even released. So people like me that paid on Day 1 paid full price while others got it for cheaper. Pretty messed up when you think about it.
The absurdity there was that if you pre-order a game from retailers and it drops in price you pay the lower price. Yet, and this is why Season Passes are bad, you pre-ordered the future content and it dropped in price, and yet received no discount. They owed you a 1/4 refund, as the last two DLCs weren't released yet and the Season Pass was half off. I remember people actually complaining on the Epic forums, but they explained that it was a Microsoft choice, and nothing could be done. It just is bad policy, as the initial investment by the consumer and trust towards a company becomes broken.

Make your own goals. I am pretty sure you don't need your Xbox to tell you to go to college... hell by this sensability maybe you did. I love achievements just as much as the next guy however whining about not having the devs or MS telling you something to do in a game seems silly. How about this you pay be another 5 bucks and I will make a list of 10 things to do in each map pack so you will have something to do.

This pretty much sums it up:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/l0ogbt/the-final-bosman-the-old-man-and-the-season-pass

[quote name="The Ebbtide" post="11763773" timestamp="1400269139"]That's not my point. I don't care if you play for achievements. In fact, that's great if it gives you a reason to play a game again, or at a higher difficulty, or differently than you would. But to complain about them not being included in content is sad. That's my point.

To literally say "I won't buy a map pack because it doesn't have achievements" is sad. That literally means that the only reason you are buying it is for the digital number obsession, not for the game itself, or the maps, or to support a studio, but because of a digital addiction to an arbitrary number.

That's exactly why I mentioned the fictitious game idea above; it would sell well because of the addiction.

People came into this thread complaining that they paid money for achievements and didn't get them. Not that they paid money for maps that didn't come. How are people not getting how sad this is? In the future developers could see this backlash and realize that content isn't necessary, but the number is. That's what concerns me.

If Bungie offered DLC for Halo 2 that just consisted of a number next to your gamertag, and it cost money, people would have laughed at it. You want content, not a number. But after the last generation it's changed. Now there are people who are more interested in the worthless number than they are in content. Respawn offers paid maps and people are screaming about achievements. Play the game, not the numbers.[/quote] As he clarified over and over again that wasn't the sole reason just a disappointment there weren't any. Is it really that different than somebody being disappointed when a game doesn't include online multiplayer? It isn't the only reason you play a game, but it plays a role. I don't think anybody was "screaming" about not including achievements, jut pointing out that hey wish there were some. I'm bordering on being obsessed with why you're so obsessed so I think I'm just going to let it be.

As he clarified over and over again that wasn't the sole reason just a disappointment there weren't any. Is it really that different than somebody being disappointed when a game doesn't include online multiplayer? It isn't the only reason you play a game, but it plays a role. I don't think anybody was "screaming" about not including achievements, jut pointing out that hey wish there were some. I'm bordering on being obsessed with why you're so obsessed so I think I'm just going to let it be.
Just ignore the kid. He's just gonna sit there and write walls and walls of text that most people will ignore to make him feel justified in his nonsense.

As he clarified over and over again that wasn't the sole reason just a disappointment there weren't any. Is it really that different than somebody being disappointed when a game doesn't include online multiplayer? It isn't the only reason you play a game, but it plays a role. I don't think anybody was "screaming" about not including achievements, jut pointing out that hey wish there were some. I'm bordering on being obsessed with why you're so obsessed so I think I'm just going to let it be.
Both said they wouldn't have bought it if they knew it lacked achievements. Literally, they both said that. Please read back a few pages.

Most people seem to complain about games with online multiplayer; like with Tomb Raider, Bioshock 2, Dead Space, Rage, Batman: Arkham Origins... I'm not getting your point there.

And I cannot believe you're equating online multiplayer on the same level as achievements.

Maybe if you learned to read several pages back, I ALSO SAID we were under the impression that they were to include achievements in this dlc. Which was a lie. And you're right, I would've passed on the dlc if they said they werent included in the first place. To me its not worth the $25 or even $10 extra if there's no additional achievements. I have other games to play and having 3 maps, that are already boring, isn't worth my time or money. Give me a reason to stay on. Achievements give people, whether they love achievements or not, a reason to keep playing. Otherwise, a lot of people are already Gen10 and have NO new challenges or anything to work on. That was Repawns fault in not including achievements, burn cards, and custom Titans in the PAID dlc. If it was all included, it would skyrocket in sales.

Giving what that other dip said about "make your own goals" is beyond stupid. My goal is to get Gen10 and all the achievements. Once that's done, which I'm damn near close, what's the point to continue on? Sure the games fun but I've already put 60+ hours in and don't wanna put any more on if there's no more goals, achievements, or in-game challenges. "Oh hey, my goal is to get 10 kills this match", whoop dee doo.

Just cause you guys disagree about what many of us feel, doesn't give you guys the right to be dicks about it. Just cause you'll buy the dlc for the maps and nothing else, doesn't mean Im gonna be an ass to you.

Maybe if you learned to read several pages back, I ALSO SAID we were under the impression that they were to include achievements in this dlc. Which was a lie. And you're right, I would've passed on the dlc if they said they werent included in the first place. To me its not worth the $25 or even $10 extra if there's no additional achievements. I have other games to play and having 3 maps, that are already boring, isn't worth my time or money. Give me a reason to stay on. Achievements give people, whether they love achievements or not, a reason to keep playing. Otherwise, a lot of people are already Gen10 and have NO new challenges or anything to work on. That was Repawns fault in not including achievements, burn cards, and custom Titans in the PAID dlc. If it was all included, it would skyrocket in sales.

Giving what that other dip said about "make your own goals" is beyond stupid. My goal is to get Gen10 and all the achievements. Once that's done, which I'm damn near close, what's the point to continue on? Sure the games fun but I've already put 60+ hours in and don't wanna put any more on if there's no more goals, achievements, or in-game challenges. "Oh hey, my goal is to get 10 kills this match", whoop dee doo.

Just cause you guys disagree about what many of us feel, doesn't give you guys the right to be dicks about it. Just cause you'll buy the dlc for the maps and nothing else, doesn't mean Im gonna be an ass to you.
And as I stated earlier, as someone who followed the fuck out of Titanfall . . . I never saw anything even implying achievements would be in the DLC. So, as I asked earlier, where did these "lies" that Respawn supposedly told come from?

And seriously, what kind of achievements do you want? You do realize there are guidelines in place by Microsoft for them, right? Just google "Xbox Achievement Guidelines" and you'll see tons on it. Blowing their quota on 3 maps would be dumb.

And as I stated earlier, as someone who followed the fuck out of Titanfall . . . I never saw anything even implying achievements would be in the DLC. So, as I asked earlier, where did these "lies" that Respawn supposedly told come from?

And seriously, what kind of achievements do you want? You do realize there are guidelines in place by Microsoft for them, right? Just google "Xbox Achievement Guidelines" and you'll see tons on it. Blowing their quota on 3 maps would be dumb.
They said it a the Q&A with Major Nelson. Google it.

And blowing what quota are you talking about? The 2000gs quota? Cause its not like there's only 3 map packs and 1000gs left. Could do 250 each. 115 each including the free stuff. Doesn't matter.

And hop off my ass if you're just gonna bash those of us who like achievements. fuck.

Make your own goals. I am pretty sure you don't need your Xbox to tell you to go to college... hell by this sensability maybe you did. I love achievements just as much as the next guy however whining about not having the devs or MS telling you something to do in a game seems silly. How about this you pay be another 5 bucks and I will make a list of 10 things to do in each map pack so you will have something to do.

This pretty much sums it up:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/l0ogbt/the-final-bosman-the-old-man-and-the-season-pass
Sooooooo we both like achievements. Why are you trying to start an argument with me lol

Ebbtide, Rip44, and everyone else.  Give it a rest in this thread.  Stop arguing and insulting each other.  If you can't be civil, don't post.

bread's done
Back