Stand by for Titanfall!

Anyone else think the "All I Do Is Win" challenge is complete bullshit? 100 wins is asking way too much. 24 matches in, with 22 wins, and am already level 50.

Anyone else think the "All I Do Is Win" challenge is complete bullshit? 100 wins is asking way too much. 24 matches in, with 22 wins, and am already level 50.
It's meant to be a wall. After the first couple of gens, they put in artificial walls to keep people from genning up too quickly. The idea is "Yay, I get the chance to get a ribbon without having to sacrifice all the weapon unlocks for too long of a time!".

And in response to your earlier comment:

•A quarterly maximum of 250 points and 10 Achievements for any additional DLC associated with that title. Additionally, these totals are cumulative, so a company could wait three quarters to do a large expansion with 30 achievements and 350 points, or parcel them out in smaller additions. X360A says its source explained the rule is meant "to stop companies from releasing a whole slew of content immediately after a game's release to hit its 1750 max right away."

Now, the numbers may be off (since that was posted in 2009 and I believe the GS Retail cap is now 2k), but considering the game just released not too long ago, they probably have plans down the line to release more achievements down the line. You know, when more of the population has actually done the current challenges to get up to Gen 10. If I remember right, the quarterly release thing also has a lifetime cap.

And I googled for that interview with Major Nelson. There was no mention of achievements anywhere that I saw . . . you know, except on an article on the Xbox Achievements site. But that didn't reference achievements either, just the new game modes that are being worked on as free content updates. So, please don't call Respawn a bunch of liars anymore without backing it up.

Wow. Even after a mod told you to STFU with this, you're still going.

And funny how you "followed everything" Titanfall and "Googled this" yet, here I am with the FIRST TWO Google responses:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573710

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576389&page=2

Now, kindly hop off my ass and read on.
He said be civil and stop insulting each other, not to "STFU".

In regards to your links, they were to a site called Xbox Achievements. And on that site, they don't mention anything about achievements beyond the fact that their site is titled that and an interview done at PAX East.

The closest thing that the devs said to there possibly being achievements with this round of DLC was a "most likely" during an interview at PAX East followed by laughing. This was right after talking about the free DLC / content update that is coming out in patches and confirming there would be no new weapons. And then there's no more references anywhere else to these mystery achievements.

So, major lie by Respawn done with totally malicious intent? Or perhaps not knowing their own schedule of releasing the new content that isn't just maps? Hrmmm . . .

Personally, I'd prefer real achievements as opposed to filler. Just saying, if they're capped to how many achievements they can release, I'd expect the achievements to have to deal with the new game mode (LTS Wingman?) or other content updates coming down the line.

I mean, is it really worth it to get so upset over something as small as missing achievements on a 3 map pack? If you're going to be upset, be upset at the fact that the map pack is so thin.

EDIT to add:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/466994741607817216

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if you, most importantly eb, stopped jumping on my back and realize I'm disappointed, not super pissed, about it. The content IS super thin. Its not worth $10. They didn't add shit. 3 maps? Big whoop. I was bored of the 3 maps in the first two hours of playing.

The point is, people asked about achievements. They responded with an answer that points more towards yes, than no. They could've easily said no, but instead, they said "most likely". Whether or not it was "maliciously said" to get our money IS out there and some can/will think that. I dont personally believe it was malicious, but its not like they openly said "we're not gonna add some" prior to release.

Either way, they got our money, and some of which, were under those false pretenses.

As for achievements, its whatever. Adding achievements EASILY adds longevity to your game. There's NO denying that. They could've added like 125gs for the dlc. Even if it was dumb shit like:

25gs - Win 5 CTF Matches in Expedition DLC
25gs - Win 5 LTS Matches in Expedition DLC
25gs - Win 5 Attrition Matches in Expedition DLC
50gs - Earn MVP on a Expedition DLC map

Then they could've added in another 125gs for the free content.

Either way, it'd push their season pass sales exponentially. If they added these achievements like they lead people to believe, people wouldn't be upset, and the content wouldn't be as boring or thin.

Shit for all I know, and what would be SMART of them, they could add Expedition achievements in with the free content. Like what PvZ did with 2 DLCs in the new list.

As for achievements being added too fast, Capcom didn't wait in the least bit to add a bunch of achievements to DR3 so soon after launch.

DR3 also had full fledged content though immediately after launch.  And that launched at the end of a quarter, so they were able to throw in achievements pretty quickly based off the guidelines.

I'm sure new achievements are coming "soon".  I mean, they announced the new game mode and decal stuff awhile back.  It seems like that update was meant to be pushed with the DLC, but it just didn't happen for one reason or another.  That is where the achievements are going to come in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they include sizable achievement goals.

I really doubt it was done as a lazy thing by Respawn.  It seems like they have a plan for Titanfall, and they're saving their "achievement allowance" for their future content releases.  I'm excited for that.  It's why I don't feel bad throwing money at them for 3 maps.  I want to support their goals for the game.

Personally, I love the new maps.  I'd be playing them more if Diablo 3 didn't have their special event going on right now.  :)

It does really irk me though how some people in the gaming community reacted to the lack of achievements.  The devs have been getting flamed like crazy over this.  Just seems silly to me.  I'd get it if it was an official announcement that was referenced in multiple places.  But a somewhat dismissive "most likely" at a panel . . . meh.

But you have to know, as a dev or person with a brain, that if you say something, even if its a "most likely", people take that as a yes. And when people contact you and call you on it, its your duty to address it. They failed to address it. And that was wrong on their part.

Personally, I'd pass on the maps/season pass cause I know, like I am now, that I'd be bored real quick. You tire of them so fast cause its always a DLC playlist, that consists of just the 3 maps, and don't mix in other maps.

So, even if I want to support the devs, which I normally do, its hard to want to when this dlc is paper thin.

Like I said. If they were smart, they'll add in achievements that are Expedition specific, mixed in with the free content. Make those who are, understandably, upset with the lack of acheivements happy.

I wish I knew their long term game plan.  I'm curious what they have planned that they haven't announced.  I just hope their plans aren't too gimmicky.  It may seem stupid, but I'm pretty psyched about Titan decals.

LTS Hardpoint?  One Titan vs Pilots horde mode?  They really have a lot of stuff that they can do with this game as possibilities.

Anyone else have fun game mode ideas?

Is this thread really just going to be about achievements now?
Because...
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

About that Titanfall game. Its great. Getting bored with these new maps, no new challenges, and being stuck at Gen8 with this getting 100 wins crap.

I wish I knew their long term game plan. I'm curious what they have planned that they haven't announced. I just hope their plans aren't too gimmicky. It may seem stupid, but I'm pretty psyched about Titan decals.

LTS Hardpoint? One Titan vs Pilots horde mode? They really have a lot of stuff that they can do with this game as possibilities.

Anyone else have fun game mode ideas?
I'm getting less excited about decals cause I thought they were being released with the dlc and now not knowing when its coming :/

I just want a pilot vs pilot mode. No Titans.

Lol, well you still gotta smile when you get your arms ripped off and beaten by them by an Ogre but you smile even more when you return the favor!

http://youtu.be/R-SUddrYiLo

I got the sweetest kill ever the other day. It was me and one of my teammates vs 1 enemy titan and once we doomed him my teammate ran off to cause more chaos. I figured I'd stand around and wait for him to eject and try to pick off the pilot. I noticed his titan's doom health was very very low so I though I'd see if you could still destroy it while the pilot is ejecting so I ran up and threw a punch. As it turns out, the second my punch connected was the very instance he actually ejected from the titan, so instead of hitting the titan, I punched him mid ejection. You know how fast you eject, so that was a one in a million kill.

I got the sweetest kill ever the other day. It was me and one of my teammates vs 1 enemy titan and once we doomed him my teammate ran off to cause more chaos. I figured I'd stand around and wait for him to eject and try to pick off the pilot. I noticed his titan's doom health was very very low so I though I'd see if you could still destroy it while the pilot is ejecting so I ran up and threw a punch. As it turns out, the second my punch connected was the very instance he actually ejected from the titan, so instead of hitting the titan, I punched him mid ejection. You know how fast you eject, so that was a one in a million kill.
and you didn't record it? (unless you're on 360)

I always wondered if that was possible. Excellent.

I've played just about 450 Titanfall matches. I have ONE ejecting pilot kill and I got it within the last 10 matches randomly. Any tips?

Chaingun with extended clip, play last titan standing, always travel with other titans so you have a 2 or more titan advantage. Make sure you aim right at the feet of the pilot or towards the head depending if the pilot is still shooting up or down in the sky. When you see that the titan is in a doomed state or is about to explode in a doomed state aim towards the sky and make sure you are 30 to 40 feet away so the aiming is eaiser. It's not as hard as you think, just got to put yourself in the right situation.

Ugh melee in this game (and all COD games for that matter) is utterly ridiculous. 

What's that, you hit me with a shotgun but I still have 8% health?  Here I'll kick you really hard and kill you in one go.

My feelings, if you get them from behind, ok fair enough but they should remove the jump kick melee kills, or at least require two hits or something. 

At the very least make them be close to 10 FEET before it is effective. 

Ugh melee in this game (and all COD games for that matter) is utterly ridiculous.

What's that, you hit me with a shotgun but I still have 8% health? Here I'll kick you really hard and kill you in one go.

My feelings, if you get them from behind, ok fair enough but they should remove the jump kick melee kills, or at least require two hits or something.

It's not exactly easy to land a melee kick so landing two of them would be ridiculous you would no doubt be dead before that happened.

While I'll admit I sometimes curse whenever I get melee'ed I don't think it's overpowered or anything. For most situations you get melee'ed you could have tried to melee them and really unless someone sneaks up on you (Which they can just kill you with a gun) you shouldn't be getting melee'ed from the front.

What's that, you hit me with a shotgun but I still have 8% health? Here I'll kick you really hard and kill you in one go.

Black Ops 2 tried to correct this some by making hit boxes for knifing smaller and not guarunteed.

Sadly this also made it sometimes where you were behind an enemy staring at his back and whiffed.

Knifing/melee is the one thing that makes me want to curse in FPS. We play CoD with friends and there is one person that panic knifes anytime he gets startled. Fairly obvious when he is staring down a sight that you hit the melee to toggle between sight types. It gets really old tracking him down around a corner to get 3 shots in then a 15 foot knife lunge that kills you.

I like having melee/knife in game as an option but I don't think there will ever be a good implementation of it as I don't think its possible

I like having melee/knife in game as an option but I don't think there will ever be a good implementation of it as I don't think its possible
What about Perfect Dark? In the Nintendo 64 game when you punched someone they wouldn't receive massive damage or die instantly. Instead, they would get a blurred screen and minor damage. Or, if you used the secondary fire for melee, you could steal the opponents weapon if you were out of ammo or unarmed. Damn that game was way ahead of it's time.

Perfect Dark Zero kept the gun stealing, but removed the screen blur.

Even Halo: Combat Evolved didn't have super strong melee hits. I understand the point of auto-targeting and lunge is to compensate for connection variance, but it still is dumb that one to two melee hits does more damage than bullets, or that someone can run through your fire and just melee you instead.

From behind makes sense, especially in Battlefield 3, and even the assassination in Halo Reach and Halo 4, as it triggers an animation that a teammate can interrupt if they're aware. Otherwise it's just poor design that somehow has lasted for (too) many years.

Killzone also did melee right. whenever you tried meleeing an ememy, it triggered a 3-4 second long "Brutal Melee" animation that could be interrupted by a teammate or auto-turret/drone and wasn't always a guaranteed kill like in CoD/TF

So I have an HDMI splitter that I have all 3 of my consoles connected to and it auto-detects what port is getting the signal from and switches to that HDMI channel. I was mid match in Titanfall when my PS3 kicks on for it's daily update so the splitter switched over to that channel. It took me about 1.5 minutes to figure out what just happened before I was able to manually change it back to my 360's channel. I was in an all out clusterfuck and me in my Titan were immobile for that time. I felt my 360 controller rumbling so I knew I was getting attacked. Once I switched my splitter back to that station and got my signal from the 360 again, I was super surprised that I was not killed during the blackout.

First time I've ever been immobile in an online match like that and not raped 6 times before I returned.

In a situation like that I wonder if it would've been a good idea to get out of you Titan and set it to auto mode.  While you didn't die, it at least could've offered support if enemies (even drones) were nearby.

Of course it could also have backfired and the auto Titan could have brought attention on itself, getting destroyed as a result.

Played Titanfall last night on the Xbox One snapped in with the Skype call from my buddy playing Titanfall on the PC. Too bad that Titanfall doesn't have a cross multi-platform multiplayer lobby or Beta Mode but that's a tall order. Still it was hard to show excitement, he just built a PC and downloaded Titanfall, when I'm constantlu getting my ass handed to me by teams that were way out out balance, matchmaking needs to be fixed in this game! I you haven't seen it yet, TitanfallGame goes into some discussion & analysis on matchmaking. http://www.titanfall.com/news/ctf-matchmaking-update-pc-and-xbox-one?sf26530898=1

Didn't read the article fully (lazy) but one problem I've had with matchmaking is it constantly feels unbalanced in favor of one team dominating over another. I have no problems losing but it simply isn't fun when you get squashed and everyone on your team is like 2/15.

The other issue that I have with this is there doesn't seem to be any team swapping going on after a match so the team that is dominating will just continue to do so, I guess one issue with this is there might be a lot of people partied up which is a possible cause for the inbalance but I can't see it always being a party issue.

Didn't read the article fully (lazy) but one problem I've had with matchmaking is it constantly feels unbalanced in favor of one team dominating over another. I have no problems losing but it simply isn't fun when you get squashed and everyone on your team is like 2/15.

The other issue that I have with this is there doesn't seem to be any team swapping going on after a match so the team that is dominating will just continue to do so, I guess one issue with this is there might be a lot of people partied up which is a possible cause for the inbalance but I can't see it always being a party issue.
Exactly. There were times I was playing where I jumped into a lobby and the whole opposing team was Gen 5 or higher and my team only had 2 Gen 2 players.

So I have an HDMI splitter that I have all 3 of my consoles connected to and it auto-detects what port is getting the signal from and switches to that HDMI channel.
Kinda off topic, but can I ask which HDMI splitter you use and if you like it? I may need to get one soon when I go next gen.

Yeah, it's definitely not a party issue. When I'm on a winning team full of randoms, I stay in and try to keep the streak going as long as possible. Eventually there are enough good players on the other team to give you a good enough challenge and then your previously uber team slowly disbands as people leave. Lol.

Yeah, it's definitely not a party issue. When I'm on a winning team full of randoms, I stay in and try to keep the streak going as long as possible. Eventually there are enough good players on the other team to give you a good enough challenge and then your previously uber team slowly disbands as people leave. Lol.
Yup same and yeah a random feature on teams should be able to balance stuff after one match.

Nice shot Twisted, I'm great with every weapon other than the sniper in every FPS I play. Well I might be semi good with one in the Battlefield games lol.

Matchmaking is officially still a joke. I got in a lobby where it was 3v6 and the game launched like that without balancing it. Pretty much lost the match since they dominated us with more Titan's and I was freaking pissed as hell as to why it was even allowed to start like that.

I'm on the 360.  My two biggest issues with the game continue to be the poor matchmaking and the AI. 

The lobbies can get really out of balance.  The bots are a terrible idea.  Everytime I kill some grunt or spectre I initially get excited over it and then my competitive nature gets quelled immediately once i realize it's a bot.  What upsets me even more is when I waste time killing a bot only to be flanked by an opposing pilot or Titan.  Frankly, they should have upped the player count in matches and done away with the bots.  Bots in competitive head to head multiplayer just doesn't make any sense to me.  

I'm on the 360. My two biggest issues with the game continue to be the poor matchmaking and the AI.

The lobbies can get really out of balance. The bots are a terrible idea. Everytime I kill some grunt or spectre I initially get excited over it and then my competitive nature gets quelled immediately once i realize it's a bot. What upsets me even more is when I waste time killing a bot only to be flanked by an opposing pilot or Titan. Frankly, they should have upped the player count in matches and done away with the bots. Bots in competitive head to head multiplayer just doesn't make any sense to me.
The bots are fine to me, they keep the action going when there aren't any players around and they don't shift the balance of the game in an overly favorable way. That being said you shouldn't be constantly chasing after them and focusing them down, that kind of process will just leave you getting focused by players. I just gun down bots either behind cover when I know I'm safe, or when I'm sprinting from point A to point B I kill some.

Frankly speaking if they upped the player count I don't think this game would have worked out well at all. Maps already feel pretty tight and action packed with the 6v6 it would be chaos with any more amounts of players. That's especially true when you consider the amount of titan's that would be roaming around, you wouldn't be able to move and the every map would feel even more cluttered together.

bread's done
Back