Star Wars Battlefront 2 Best Buy pre order bonus .01

rb11701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
This was through the app.

So I just bought the Battlefront 2 pre order bonus from Best Buy. I was looking at bf2 and clicked on the free item which brings up a description if said bonus. Clicked on the picture and it brought me to the product page which listed it as .01 and had the add to cart button lit up. So I bought one. I guess if your preordering the game this doesn't matter but if your waiting for the price drop you can still have the bonus. Figured why not.

** Seems maybe only able to replicate through the Android app. Members using the iOS app report not being able to get this to work. YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I originally purchased the Xone addon for a buck something. Then the PS4 addon was available for a penny. I never touched the Xone code if anybody wants it for a buck. Just would like to get what i put into it is all. I dunno if this is against forum rules. If so, I'll remove it. Otherwise, shoot me a PM if you want the Xone code for a buck.

Yeah, I don't like how they've done hero classes this time around; at least for beta. Seems like you're randomly chosen for reinforcements based on your point score and stage of the battle, which is pretty shit if you're on a bad team that desperately needs a. . .hero. Rage quit for the night after our attacking team failed to get past both Han and Rey (I've never seen more than one hero up at a time per side) when our scores were so low we never even got darth maul into the mix. This is pretty shit design if they go forward with it because it's a matter of the rich get richer instead of being in the right place when a hero token spawns.

And TBH I miss the powerups because it was a fun little bonus that added variety to the flow of battle. The game has quite a number of balancing issues and I'm not holding my breath it will at all be changed by live, so I'm waiting to see what impact other maps, vehicles, and star cards have on the game because so far it has been a very meh experience.

Does the code give both bonus's? I had to buy from ebay and it only shows "BETA" when redeeming?
Code is for beta only. And it's free for all from 10/6 for a week or see another post to get a beta code earlier for free (just did, installed and played on PC)

Yeah, I don't like how they've done hero classes this time around; at least for beta. Seems like you're randomly chosen for reinforcements based on your point score and stage of the battle, which is pretty shit if you're on a bad team that desperately needs a. . .hero. Rage quit for the night after our attacking team failed to get past both Han and Rey (I've never seen more than one hero up at a time per side) when our scores were so low we never even got darth maul into the mix. This is pretty shit design if they go forward with it because it's a matter of the rich get richer instead of being in the right place when a hero token spawns.

And TBH I miss the powerups because it was a fun little bonus that added variety to the flow of battle. The game has quite a number of balancing issues and I'm not holding my breath it will at all be changed by live, so I'm waiting to see what impact other maps, vehicles, and star cards have on the game because so far it has been a very meh experience.
I think it's a better system than the tokens, but it could use some tweaks. I think more points should be earned by the losing team to help bridge the gap.

I'm kind of confused by some of these comments? There are hero tokens? Is this in the arcade assult beta? On my end, I'm seeing a point system based on how you perform and the ammount of kills you get, with those points you can puchase a hero any time that you want as long as you have the points to do so. I'm not seeing any hero tokens randomly being generated on the map like they were on Battlefront 1. The only spawns that I see are guns to take down the vehicle shield so you can unload on it and stop it from breaching the building. On my end there is nothing random about it. You're not randomly chosen... 

I'm kind of confused by some of these comments? There are hero tokens? Is this in the arcade assult beta? On my end, I'm seeing a point system based on how you perform and the ammount of kills you get, with those points you can puchase a hero any time that you want as long as you have the points to do so. I'm not seeing any hero tokens randomly being generated on the map like they were on Battlefront 1. The only spawns that I see are guns to take down the vehicle shield so you can unload on it and stop it from breaching the building. On my end there is nothing random about it. You're not randomly chosen...
you are correct, he was referring to BF1 hero tokens. I played last night but haven't been able to look over it in depth. What I believe a poster is implying is that if your team is doing poorly, how is anyone going to earn enough points to become a hero or reinforcement unit to help the team comeback from a sure loss? Also, when multiple people have enough points for a hero, it seems like people are not using points to advance the team because they want a certain hero and will wait till it's available. The squad thing is b.s. I don't care either way but I'm not feeling the new game. I know some people wanted more depth but I liked just playing BF1 for an hour and not needing to know a bunch of crap or being way outgunned. I think this game model will quickly chase away the SW fans that are casual gamers or shooters and you will be left with the people that pay for loot and the gamers that sink a thousand hours into a game. just my opinion.

Yeah, the pay-to-win model is already in place from what I saw in the beta via loot crates. Small price to pay for no season pass though. That was at least a huge step in the right direction of not fragmenting an already teetering community last time. It's for sure why I quit since we had four whole maps without any DLC.

And Strike mode is my least favorite because it will be dominated by teams of players who actively play together and use VOIP. Of the two matches I played, we almost lost defending in this new "overtime" bullshit because they would bum rush the artifact just to advance it 2 yards and die over and over. Overtime would be refreshed every single time with no diminishing returns but eventually near the ship, it was too far for them to get to in time. The other match we were just dominated by treeline snipers and could barely get out of the temple so I left the game.

For sure the only game mode I'll give a shit about is galactic assault but I want to see more vehicles in action and heroes running around on both sides. Far too often I'm finding myself mindlessly rushing the objective icon in the distance with very little action going on until I get there; where's the epic "battlefront", Criterion? To that end, BF1 had way more going on anywhere you looked. DICE fucked the first game up for sure, but they had a much better balance of action all around than this one-track-mind shooter.

The squad stuff seemed really weird. Maybe I'm missing an icon or another indicator but I immediately lose track of my squad. Which I suppose isn't a huge deal because you switch squads every respawn but it doesn't feel like a system that would promote teamwork (compared to Battlefield)

I was surprised, too, that I found the most enjoyment with galactic assault. Usually don't go for the aerial vehicle stuff in these games (and in the other mode it once again felt like there only purpose is to get into dogfights and not help with the team objective.) Maybe I just miss playing the old X-Wing vs Tie Fighter games.

Game is definitely better than the first, but all the customization stuff is still oddly cluttered and confusing. Likely to make it seem like there is more content than there actually is. I’ll get the game when it quickly skyrockets in price, like the first game. I was a sucker the first time and spent $110 on the game and season pass, just because it was Star Wars.

I’m happy with it, preordered with GCU. $50 seems like a good price to me for what I’m getting.

I also wish I was better at Starfighter Assault.

I kind of like how it is layed out to be honest. Personally, I think the equality isn't any different than if you have a crap team with all snipers in "Battlefield" where it's almost impossible to advance forward and take flags. At that point, you just have to worry about yourself and gain some points to advance your personal character is all. Same with a game like overwatch, if you don't have healers, defense, etc. you just get owned by the other team.... It's just one of those things. 

In Battlefront 2, I've been on a team where we got destroyed but the group of players I was with on the map instantly killed the oposing "Hero" character that spawned. So it doesn't really bother me too much. To me it feels somewhat balanced taking into consideration some things. 

Flying is hard. I tried that gameplay mode once and then hopped out instantly. Just use the Battlefield flying mechanics.... Although it is space, so you don't truely have a objective up, down, left or right. It's all subjective. So I guess it kind of makes sense that you can go any which way but yeah, it's pretty tough to get a hang of flying. Unless you can switch the controls.

I think the upgrade system is decent. Seems like you have a lot of options. Upgrades and stuff. But from my experience when I upgraded the secondary weapon, for instance the "Shield" that the "Heavy" characer has. I upgraded that to a gun where you lob grenades. I can't figure out how to go back to the default shield option. So a few things like that need tightened up. 

Overall the game looks pretty darn good on my PS4 Pro. Some pop-ins on the Naboo map as you run up to some objects but stuff that I can live with. 

I really enjoyed what I played. Game seems like a big improvement from the first. It will be a fun casual mp shooter when I have that Star Wars itch and want to just have fun and not a try hard.

I had the same complaint about the first one, so maybe I'm just bad, but does anyone feel like it's way too easy to get killed? I spawn, run like, 10 feet, then die before I even realize who or what is shooting me. I feel like I'm not even getting to play.

I had the same complaint about the first one, so maybe I'm just bad, but does anyone feel like it's way too easy to get killed? I spawn, run like, 10 feet, then die before I even realize who or what is shooting me. I feel like I'm not even getting to play.
Made a very similar comment to a friend. I was like “I don’t even know how I’m dying”.

I was under the impression there are no microtransactions and everything is in-game currency only. Or is it only that there's no season pass fragmentation?

I was under the impression there are no microtransactions and everything is in-game currency only. Or is it only that there's no season pass fragmentation?
There are microtransactions but no season pass. All dlc will be free (that’s what is claimed anyways) but you can buy all the loot crates with real money.

bread's done
Back