Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collectors Edition up for pre-order

mediviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
As always, sorry if this has already been posted or is in the wrong forum, I searched and saw nothing so please dont flame me. That said, on to the goodies.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78039

$79.99 but comes with some nice bonuses.

The Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition comes with:
Premium Collectible Steelbook
Exclusive In-Game Content
Three exclusive challenge mode levels
Exclusive Ralph McQuarrie concept “Deak Starkiller” skin
Exclusive Lightsaber crystal
Exclusive Mimobot 2gb Starkiller USB Designer Drive Preloaded with Bonus Content
Digital art book, featuring insights into the art of The Force Unleashed II

Last edited by a moderator:
All I have to say is F yeah!! when I saw this on Kotaku I knew I wanted it day one. The only thing I don't like is the USB drive (who wants to put odds on whether or not it will be defective, a la SC:C LE? :lol: )

The day one bit might be a gamble since it took a while for the first one to catch on...but then again, this one looks like it will be more bad-ass! Would hate to pay full price, but then you might not get a copy if they go fast..

edit: op, I'm not sure if there are 2 flashdrives? maybe you should indent the Starkiller 2GB part..

I'm going to be waiting this time around to see if they actually fixed some of the major issues they had in the first one. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan and was relatively disappointed in a few of the inadequacies experienced in the first one.

I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this game though, but it will be a while before I decide whether or not I want to pre-order it.

My big problem with it is there is a code for Overnight shipping. But if I SELECT overnight shipping after entering the code, it says the code isn't valid for this type of shipping. WTF? I tried again later yesterday, and had the same problem... so I have NOT pre-ordered yet.

Buy it, sell the flash drive for $30. Those mimo drives are wildly overpriced. Since it's an exclusive you might get $40 for it.

I liked Force Unleashed but Star Wars games NEVER hold release pricing for very long. I remember getting the original Force Unleashed for $30 jut 3 months or so after release. I will wait for a similar drop on the sequel.

Fixed the link. And yes, those Mimo drives are crazy expensive. I remember when Toys r us was selling them they were $49.99 each. I think thats why higher price on this collectors edition.

But I will probably pick this up. The Force Unleashed didn't catch on until the Ultimate Sith Edition and at that point most stores around here got one shipment of them and now its impossible to find locally. I am thinking TFU has a large enough fan base now the collectors edition may be a bit difficult to obtain after release.

$79.99 for this seems a little overprice, though that seems to be the "new" price point for LE/CE/SE versions of games.

We've seen it recently with:
Fable III
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Halo Reach

Anyone expecting a Ultimate Edition with a Starkiller bust? :D

Just hoping that LucasArts doesn't double dip this in a year from now with a super-duper steelbook TFU2 with extra "no where else" content.

I think for a LE this is pretty well packed. Heck I think for $79.99 this has a lot more to offer compared to other "Ultimate/Limited" editions that only come with digital content and were priced $99.99. Although the digital artbook in this LE can kiss my ass.

In for an early pre-order!!

It does go nicely with the SWFU Ultimate Sith Edition... Both steelbooks :)

But the thing is, i'm pretty sure there will be DLCs, which will result in a FU2 Ultimate Sith Edition. Of course, it might not be a steelbook, so if you're a collector, this LE is very attractive.

Does anyone find the PS3 steelbooks are sexier than the Xbox ones? It's slimmer and blend in with the BD cases nicely... I do hate bulky DVD cases, hence hating the Toy Story DVD/BD combo cases (the Toy Story BD/DVD comb cases are in higher demand, base on my trips to Targets and TRUs).

I find the LE very sexy, but i must resist... I did enjoy achieving 100% in FU Ultimate Sith Edition, so naturally i will want to play FU2. BUT not at $80 mark, no way... Oh yeah, the bugs in FU is really a F ... U... I hope FU2 is more polished.

I also sold my FU Ultimate Sith Edition for $80 (i got it for $30 from Amazon, new). So there goes the steelbook collection idea for me :whistle2:(

I'll wait till the game hits $15... Digital stuff don't interest me anyway (i like them, but physical books, posters have a higher value IMO).

Speaking of the Sith edition. Is that one going to be hard to find in a few months? I was waiting to get it on the cheap but wonder if this title will drop. Any ideas?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Speaking of the Sith edition. Is that one going to be hard to find in a few months? I was waiting to get it on the cheap but wonder if this title will drop. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the PS3 version is nearly impossible to get anywhere now, but the 360 version is still available on Amazon (last i checked).

Yeah the PS3 edition appears to be rare, goes for over $100 on ebay. I just ordered a used copy off GS.com for 360 - will return if it's not complete and pick it up off amazon.

I don't know if this can be considered a deal. No one will know trully until the game is released and we see how many bugs/glitchs are in it. For the amount of time they spent on the first one, with its countless delays. It was flat out a piece of shit. Now don't get me wrong, it was ok, but for the amount of polish it was said to have received in the delays it was shit. I have absolutly no faith that this game will be any better. I hope I am proven wrong but I doubt it considering how Lucasarts is just milking the franchise at this point. Expect another half assed rush game with a minimal amount of polish, because aslong as it says Star Wars muppets will purchase it.

Yeah, I'd grab those Sith Editions while you can. I remember when GS got them in at B&M's, like they were delivered specifically from a distribution center. Most stores got 2 copies for each system. On this day, they still had them behind the counter and I was able to pick each one up and verify its completeness. They were all complete, I grabbed a PS3 copy.

Now, flash forward to however many months later, 6 maybe, and I haven't seen a used Sith edition for any system at about the 10+ GS's I frequent..

As far as Sith Edition or something for Part 2, I doubt it, we're already getting this CE up front (which didn't exist for the first game) so little need to double dip. Now, I can see a DLC only retail disc if its successful and the DLC is awesome..

Wow, the Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3 is selling for $200+ from Amazon sellers (new). My local Fred Meyer has a few more for $29.99 so I'll pick those up and try to flip them on Amazon for like $170, lol.

That USB drive is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Those BASTARDS!........................................................
Preordered.
Already feel cheap and used.
= )~

Wish they would have a real artbook. A digital one does nothing for me. Seeing this more often now where soundtracks and now artbooks are being given as online stuff. And your paying 20 bucks extra for a steelbook(nice) and DLC(yuck) and a flash drive. Flash drive does look cool though.

If the gameplay is going to be ANYTHING like the first one, pass. Pass 100%. Not even gonna read the review type of pass. That game was such a giant heap of trash. I got it for like 8 bucks used in a trade here a while ago and still regretted it. I don't know why, but the gameplay is so bland, boring, frustrating, and gay that I couldn't stomach it enough to get passed the 3rd level.

Anyway, this doesn't seem like a great CE. Just wait for the price to drop a ton and pick it up then. Unless, of course, the DLC sells for 60 bucks on eBay like the Red Dead Redemption DLC did.

I don't know if I'd use the term "gay" for the first TFU game. Since I've been playing SW video games since the original Parker Bros. games for the Atari 2600, TFU was leaps and bounds from what I'd grown up playing and expecting from a SW game.

[quote name='spideymike']I don't know if I'd use the term "gay" for the first TFU game. Since I've been playing SW video games since the original Parker Bros. games for the Atari 2600, TFU was leaps and bounds from what I'd grown up playing and expecting from a SW game.[/QUOTE]
It was definitely no Jedi Knight Outcast though. I doubt you paid full price for this average game like I did(well, it was my birthday present, so really my family bought it).

[quote name='Thorgouge']If the gameplay is going to be ANYTHING like the first one, pass. Pass 100%. Not even gonna read the review type of pass. That game was such a giant heap of trash. I got it for like 8 bucks used in a trade here a while ago and still regretted it. I don't know why, but the gameplay is so bland, boring, frustrating, and gay that I couldn't stomach it enough to get passed the 3rd level.

Anyway, this doesn't seem like a great CE. Just wait for the price to drop a ton and pick it up then. Unless, of course, the DLC sells for 60 bucks on eBay like the Red Dead Redemption DLC did.[/QUOTE]

That's why i play games for trophies/achievements :)

I hated the controls, but once the trophies popping up, i continued to play... The next thing? I got used to the controls, so it wasn't that bad :lol: but yeah, the game is quite broken on the hardest difficulty setting. And then that unforgivable Destroyer level...

Anyhow, i do like this LE, but definitely can be cheaper...

I'm always down for some in game content. And the flash drive is freaking sweet. This looks to be quite possibly the best collector's edition this year. I loved the first game, and I think that the only reason it got the scores it did is because people set their expectations too high. Either way, hopefully it improves on the original and comes out awesome.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, Amazon has these for pre-order now as well. Guess I'll throw one on the good ole ECA order. . .[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm planning on doing. :D

I also see that 3 of my local Gamestops list the PS3 Ultimate Sith Ed. in stock, so I'm going to check those out. Judging by Amazon prices, if at least 2 of them are complete & in good shape I can flip one & recoup my money for the pair. ;)

[quote name='nddave']release date 10/26/ i think we might see some $ off by then[/QUOTE]

Most likely not on the collector's edition.

I'm a pretty big SW fan (hence the pic), but this is just underwhelming. First the story of TFU2 is lame, then this CE is lame. Lame, lame, lame. I soooo wanted TFU2 to interest me, but it just doesn't. On top of it, I'm a complete suckerwhore for CE's. *sigh*

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm a pretty big SW fan (hence the pic), but this is just underwhelming. First the story of TFU2 is lame, then this CE is lame. Lame, lame, lame. I soooo wanted TFU2 to interest me, but it just doesn't. On top of it, I'm a complete suckerwhore for CE's. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

While I dont care much for the plot setup I have heard of for TFU2, what more are you looking for in a CE? To me this is pretty meaty for a CE of a game though I might still end up passing this up since I couldn't get into the first one that much.

[quote name='Wompdevil']While I dont care much for the plot setup I have heard of for TFU2, what more are you looking for in a CE? To me this is pretty meaty for a CE of a game though I might still end up passing this up since I couldn't get into the first one that much.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see a soundtrack, avatar stuff, maybe a comic, or how about an exclusive hasbro action figure?? They need to detail what the exclusive in-game content is, too. I just don't care about the USB and that seems like the big selling point.

Two best CE's as of late are Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age had a pretty good CE.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'd like to see a soundtrack, avatar stuff, maybe a comic, or how about an exclusive hasbro action figure?? They need to detail what the exclusive in-game content is, too. I just don't care about the USB and that seems like the big selling point.

Two best CE's as of late are Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age had a pretty good CE.[/QUOTE]

I agree... The soundtrack to the first game has not been *officially* released and there was talk about releasing it one day, but it never happened. :( Too bad though. Yes they should include a figure not a USB thumb drive.

Randomly found the 1st 360 Sith Edition at BB few months after its release and was pleasantly surprised with the DLC Although the DLC cheevos were way too easy, to this day they are still way overpriced. As much as the CE sounds grand, this HUGE Star Wars fan will be eagerly awaiting the next Sith Edition to be released with the forthcoming DLC from Force Unleashed 2.

Until then, the only thing I have to worry about is whether I return my Sith Edition to GS for their current trade-in deal of $25 flat or attempt to ebay/amazon/Best Buy sell it. Any recommendations on the used market which is the best route?

[quote name='cancermatt']Randomly found the 1st 360 Sith Edition at BB few months after its release and was pleasantly surprised with the DLC Although the DLC cheevos were way too easy, to this day they are still way overpriced. As much as the CE sounds grand, this HUGE Star Wars fan will be eagerly awaiting the next Sith Edition to be released with the forthcoming DLC from Force Unleashed 2.

Until then, the only thing I have to worry about is whether I return my Sith Edition to GS for their current trade-in deal of $25 flat or attempt to ebay/amazon/Best Buy sell it. Any recommendations on the used market which is the best route?[/QUOTE]

Goozex it =P

bread's done
Back