Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition available for Preorder

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
Yes I know it's not a deal. In fact, it's very expensive but it's supposedly a limited run. Only the first 50k are guaranteed the rest of the 500k are on a first come, first serve basis they claim.

Here's the links as it just went live moments ago:

Amazon

EA's Origin Store

Gamestop

EDIT: Appears to be available again for preorder. Due to the stock fluctuation I will not update availability again until it is truly dead.

81882WhX91L._AA1500_.jpg

71HO%2B9GiLWL._AA1207_.jpg

Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy. Choose your class from a variety of classic Star Wars roles including Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter, and Smuggler. Make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat, team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges and discover the wonders of the Star Wars galaxy in a fully-featured Massively Multiplayer Online Game.

Limited Collector's Edition Features

• Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic game disks in collectible metal case
  • The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic galaxy map
  • Custom Security Authentication Key
  • Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
  • High-quality Collector's Edition box
Limited Collector's Edition - Seven Additional Digital Items

• Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
  • Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
  • HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
  • HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
  • STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
  • Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky Droid to join your adventure
  • Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with an assortment of items
Product Description

The Old Republic, players will explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy. Players choose to play as Jedi, Sith, or a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, defining their personal story and determining their path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way, players will befriend courageous companions who will fight at their side or possibly betray them, based on the players' actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered my Collectors Edition on amazon. Cant wait for this game. Building a new pc just for it. also, hope they announce a lifetime membership!

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']My wallet is going to be hurting between this and the R2-D2 xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Damn you sir. Why did you have to make me aware of the existence of the R2-D2 360? I just googled it and now want it. But ultimately I will not buy it unless my current 360 dies on me.

Good to know I'll update it again right now.

This is why I wanted to make a separate thread. I figured it would sell out super fast and it is. I preordered at Amazon and Origin so I would be guaranteed a copy but now I may keep both preorders and sell the spare.

i never understood the motivation behind buying mmo's early. wouldnt it be more wise to give the game a month or 3 to settle and major live server bugs to get cleared out? also, given the trend in the industry of games going f2p or outright flopping within the 1st year i cant justify investing into a new game world until at least a few months and seeing some positive earnings reports.

Yeah, the price is too steep for this one. I wish you could get the CE for like $20 more without that statue.

I can't believe this sold out already. Good thing I ordered my CE when it went up on Amazon earlier. $150 is a lot, but the statue made by Gentle Giant is probably worth $50 alone. Plus, I love CEs for MMOs. I just wish I had an original WoW CE for a Mini Diablo :(

Anyone try preordering in store at Gamestop? I would prefer to do it in store at GS as opposed to online but I'm not sure if I should wait until tomorrow at the rate it sold out on Origin and Amazon.

I'm going to try and preorder at GS tomorrow. I'm pretty interested in the CE but I'm not sure I would miss it nor am I totally convinced that there will be that limited ammount unless someone has come around and confirmed a 50k limit with no chance orf more coming.

[quote name='airjumpman']Anyone try preordering in store at Gamestop? I would prefer to do it in store at GS as opposed to online but I'm not sure if I should wait until tomorrow at the rate it sold out on Origin and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I went to Gamestop to pre-order, but found out you have to put $25 down, not $5. As a result, I'll probably going back to GS on Friday payday.

I'm pretty sure a large number of Amazon pre-orders will be returning once cancellations come in. The cancellations, of course, coming from people that simply redeemed the pre-order code and cancelled before being notified that the pre-order code would also be cancelled.

[quote name='mrfossey']I'm pretty sure a large number of Amazon pre-orders will be returning once cancellations come in. The cancellations, of course, coming from people that simply redeemed the pre-order code and cancelled before being notified that the pre-order code would also be cancelled.[/QUOTE]

what was the pre order code for?

[quote name='dank']what was the pre order code for?[/QUOTE]

Early access to the game and a gem that changes your weapon colors. Amazon sent the codes immediately after you ordered, while the rest of the retailers did not, so the belief was that you could get the code for free and then cancel immediately to keep the code.

GameStop.com states that pre-orders on the CE have been exceed, I'm sure I'll be opening the store tomorrow with an email stating the same thing.

Amazon's currently sold out but says this: Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation for Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle. We are looking to secure more allocation from the publisher and will update this page when that occurs. Thank you for your patience. May the Force be with you.

What is the deal with the 50k vs 500k thing? If there will actually be 500k of these things made, well that's a ridiculous amount.

[quote name='tehsolo']i never understood the motivation behind buying mmo's early. wouldnt it be more wise to give the game a month or 3 to settle and major live server bugs to get cleared out? also, given the trend in the industry of games going f2p or outright flopping within the 1st year i cant justify investing into a new game world until at least a few months and seeing some positive earnings reports.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about it as well, but I can also understand the need to get in on day one of an mmo. For some it's the feeling of experiencing things first before reading about them, others it's all about server first while others just straight up love Star Wars and want to support the game. More power to them and I hope the game turns out to be great.

pre ordered the collectors from best buy. From the gameplay videos ive seen i doubt that this game will bomb. for those who are skeptics about ordering because of this just rest assured that this is a star wars game after all.

Yeah, in case it's not clear, if you pre-order the game and then cancel, it gets rid your pre-order code. So don't do that.

I pre-ordered the wallet ass-rape edition last night. I want this game more than any other right now except Mass Effect 3, so it was a no-brainer.

Where does it say that if the pre-order gets cancelled that the code is also cancelled? Does the Star Wars site say that or one of the retailers because if it's the latter then that's a load of bs.

I actually ordered through the Origin store and then from Amazon right after that. I got the code from Amazon so I'll keep that order. But if someone wants my Origin order I'd give it at cost. How would that work though? Securely for both parties involved? I'm not looking to make any money from it I just wanna give a gamer the chance at this amazing Collector's Edition and early access.

[quote name='genjiarmorxii']Where does it say that if the pre-order gets cancelled that the code is also cancelled? Does the Star Wars site say that or one of the retailers because if it's the latter then that's a load of bs.[/QUOTE]

Both Amazon and Gamestop say it.

Even if it's not true, it's a dick move to pre-order for the early game access and then cancel the pre-order.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Both Amazon and Gamestop say it.

Even if it's not true, it's a dick move to pre-order for the early game access and then cancel the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're just asking for trouble by doing shit like that. So many times people are hosed by trying stuff like that.

Then it won't be enforced. I pre-ordered from Amazon last night in case some odd reason I couldn't pre-order from Gamestop in person, which I could. That's the only reason I cancelled my pre-order was all.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Both Amazon and Gamestop say it.

Even if it's not true, it's a dick move to pre-order for the early game access and then cancel the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, I know Gamestop.com says that you can't cancel the order after they send you the code but what about Amazon? I'm looking at the product page and I don't see anything similar.

[quote name='AceSam14']Just curious, I know Gamestop.com says that you can't cancel the order after they send you the code but what about Amazon? I'm looking at the product page and I don't see anything similar.[/QUOTE]

I preordered from Gamestop (only available place), and it looked like they changed the wording that if you cancel your preorder, they deactivate your code. I'm not 100% certain though. Either way, you can still return the game once you receive it, so in reality you're just out shipping charges.

So, if you pre-order from GS in person, will they email you the code? Or will it be given at the time of pre-ordering?

Also, someone mentioned pre-ordering from Best Buy ... do they offer the early access?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Yeah, in case it's not clear, if you pre-order the game and then cancel, it gets rid your pre-order code. So don't do that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a bunch of bullshit. There's no way to enforce this other than not allowing you to cancel your pre-order. GameStop might do that, but Amazon never would.

I pre-ordered the CE from GS last night and haven't received a code yet. My guess is they are sorting out whether or not I will actually get a CE before sending the code.

Pre-ordered from Amazon.

Got the mail with pre-order right away.
I'll use my early game access, and see how good this game is.

Any word on the fees?

[quote name='bigsick']wow. people have the preorders on sale now for 3-500 on amazon now. crazy.[/QUOTE]

Ebay too, but only one has sold and the rest are just sitting there. Even the preorder codes aren't selling at all. That gives me faith that people have common sense and realize that EA will keep upping the quantity until the last possible minute to make every dollar they can off of pre-orders.

Just to make sure, are all the preorder codes the same for every edition? It's simply an early access + color stone thing right? Then the real Keys will have the appropriate stuff tied to it, ala origins' deluxe, standard, or CE.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Just to make sure, are all the preorder codes the same for every edition? It's simply an early access + color stone thing right? Then the real Keys will have the appropriate stuff tied to it, ala origins' deluxe, standard, or CE.[/QUOTE]
The same items are included, but I really have no idea if they'll tie anything else to them later. The fact that they confirm which edition you're registering does make me wonder. I'm not 100% sure, but I do seem to remember the Warhammer CE getting a 1-2 day early access over standard early access pre-orders. Since this is EA, the same thing could happen for TOR.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Just to make sure, are all the preorder codes the same for every edition? It's simply an early access + color stone thing right? Then the real Keys will have the appropriate stuff tied to it, ala origins' deluxe, standard, or CE.[/QUOTE]

No my pre-order code states this on the SWTOR site:

^ I see.. wonder what exactly that means though besides what Jodou mentioned could happen. Because it's simply a pre-order code that anyone could kinda get... I mean I just got one of those from amazon for purchasing the CE although I just registered my Standard edition to my swtor acct.

bread's done
Back